Thumbnail by lrwells50
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

Clematis Jackmanii

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Unknown gardenia

Thumbnail by lrwells50
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I love this study in color and texture. The border garden is full of interesting shapes, patterns and subtle color variations.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Leawood, that is a beautiful shade garden. I"m working on mine this year. Planted some hydrangea in the back with some hostas and bleeding hearts in the one corner and drawf gardenias in the front. I still have a pretty large bed, but I'm leaving some room for more hydrangea and possibly some coral bells.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Actually, it's shady in the morning, but this bed gets a lot of sun in the afternoon - full sun from about 1-6 pm. I do have a large shade garden with coral bells and hostas under the large walnut and oak trees on the south side of my house.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I planted these sun-loving chartreuse coral bells in a concrete planter and leave them year-round.

love all your hostas. I though coral bells were shade-loving plants. You should plant some "stepables" in between those pretty slates.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

That's a great idea - the 'stepables' that are there are certainly persistent! LOL.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

LeawoodGardner,funny thing I just bought 2 stepables,Coral Carpet (sedum album),sunshine(veronica repens).Cant wait to plant them.Maybe today!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Beautiful columbine,noid

Thumbnail by huggergirl

late yellow tulips,love how they get blushy.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Stray Shasta Daisy

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Just started blooming

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

What a beautiful pink peony!

I love the brilliant blue color of this spiderwort - blooms in the morning and fades when the sun hits it.

Wow. Sorry about the out-of-focus photo - I guess my eyes were kinda fuzzy when I took it.

This message was edited May 25, 2009 8:33 AM

Leawood,Thank you, I will take more pictures of my peonies,i have a 25 ft row of them,just starting to open up.I like that spiderwort,does it like shade ???

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Went to Schreiners Iris's and saw their display garden a few days ago. besides beautiful Iris, the columbine, poppies,and lupines, rhodies were wonderful! (everything I saw was lush and fantastic)

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Some of their Lupines! These were breath taking!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

BeaHive,those are grand,are those yours ???

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Lovely photo of Schreiners , it must have been the perfect time to get to visit them.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The Orientail poppies were huge.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

BeaHive ,i see now,Wow beautiful gardens, lucky you ,is it near you??

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

huggergirl..wish they were mine and that was my yard..but no. Their gardens have given me much inspriration for next season. Out with my front lawn to make room!

The columbine there were tall and just loaded with blooms. They were everywhere! Fantastic!

This message was edited May 26, 2009 2:40 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive

The lupine are fantastic,I just planted some seed,iam hoping.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Schreiners is located in Salem OR about 15 miles from here. A short drive to paradise!

These Rhodies, which I call "Tutti Frutti" as I do not know the true name are so pretty.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I would love to have an identical patch of the Iris called "world premier" in my garden. It was stunning.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Close up

Thumbnail by BeaHive

beaHive,YUMMMMY,Tuti fruiti,OMG,those pictures are beautiful,your makin me crazy,thats a goog thing ,LOL

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These are called "lightshine" . beautiful!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These peonies were just getting started. The flowers were the size of grapefruits.
Hope to get back there this week. Had some issues with my camers and need to do some retakes!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This Iris is called " Spot Starter" and one of thier new intros. I will have to wait on this one until the price goes down in a few years.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Telepathy

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Spice Lord

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Edith Wolford

Thumbnail by BeaHive

I love that World Premiere. It's so hard to find a true blue flower. I hate to give up rose space to an iris, but I may have to get that one.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Gosh those are lovely photos! Happy Memorial Day weekend. Took this along my front driveway. Red yucca, blue sage and a white desert willow with my neighbors flag flying in the background. I had never noticed the color combo before this!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

My sweet peas are blooming.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

And little yarrow that a friend of mine gave me last year is going gangbuster!

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.