What is your favorite garden item?

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)
There are a total of 286 votes:

I have a great specimen plant that I love. (what is it?)
(47 votes, 16%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is a statue, gazing ball or piece of art.
(23 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I have a favorite arbor, trellis or garden swing. (show us!)
(20 votes, 6%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is my water feature.
(50 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I am happiest when I can see my bird feeders.
(76 votes, 26%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is none of the above. (what is it?)
(70 votes, 24%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I will when he makes me the new one with all different kinds of flowers and a gate to go in my front yard thats fenced, which I hope is this summer. The one I have he made so he could see how long they would last in the weather, it sits on the north side of my house and has been there for 6 years now and its just as good as it was the first day he put it there, needs a little paint but dont we all, lol. And KatG I love your heads, I need one so I would have an extra one, LOL. Susan

Hey Susan...as you know "two head's are better than one" hahahaha

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Other ....WORMS and my incredible soil are my favorite consistent garden features!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

KatG that bougainvillea is to die for!!! But my favorite are your heads!!!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG those heads are fabulous!!! Love the jewelry!

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

I built a small flowerbed near my front door for the hummingbirds. Last year they drank from their feeder that was hanging off my front porch and they were going after one plant. This year they will be going after more than one plant besides their feeder.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

What was their favorite plant last year?

Summertown, TN(Zone 7a)

Though I do love all of the blooms in my gardens, the birds flying in and out of them seem to make it all whole!

Kalamazoo, MI

Good answer 4paws!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I love my pond. It is so relaxing to just sit..do some thinking and watch the frogs and Koi.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

I chose specimen plant and that plant is my Tolleson's Blue Weeping Juniper. I love this tree and its weeping form. (it's also the oldest and largest plant in my yard.)

Buffalo, NY

That's a really lovely pond BeaHive :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I picked arbor, because of the clematis that is blooming right now. It will bloom all summer, but this is the most flowers it has ever had at one time. I can't wait till it covers the whole arbor. It has to come back from the ground each spring...

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

But I have to add that the waterfall/ pond DH made is my real favorite...

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I'm a sucker for walkways, and I just LOVE the one in your bougainvillea pic, KatG!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

yardqueen..that is a beautiful clematis & your pond is lovely!

Waynesville, MO

My favorite feature in my garden is my beehive. I love my little hard workers! They help all of my plants be more productive and the more I plant, the better off my worker girls are! I just love listening to the quiet hum of the hive and watching them go about their day-to-day. The honey is a nice bonus too! :)

Minden, LA

My favorite "thing" is remembering the friends and family members who have contributed cuttings and such to my garden. Not only do I have the beautiful plant or blossom to enjoy, but I also have the memory of the special person who gave it to me.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My favorite garden feature is my sofa topiary, it reminds me of just how ill I was when I created it and just how far I have come since then.

Thumbnail by DATURA12
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Peg, how could that not be your favorite thing?? It is a georgeous labor of love and determination to prevail. I really want to one day see it in person, it is surreal!
Sheila_FW

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Great sofa datura. WOW!

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Datura you forgot the topiary "remote and TV" to go with it! I love it.

Doug

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

It looks so comfy, I just want to have a seat and drink a cuppa tea!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

These are some beautiful photos. It's too hard to choose one thing. I think that the flowering plants are my favorite and I have flowers from about the middle of February to the first of November. Here are some azaleas that are blooming right now.

Thumbnail by doss
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a beautiful combination of plants!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I can't take credit for it but I love the creek that runs through my back yard.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

My fave was my Dragon Fountain that I had in my front yard. Unfortunatly a car ran through our yard & destroyed him a couple of weeks ago.
Good news---replacing him by the end of next week---bigger---better!!

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Datura...that is absolutely unbelievable and beautiful! It's just awesome!

Thank you so much for posting that photo!

Kat

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

I think the greatest feature of my garden are the amazing views we have - it is startlingly beautiful, and I constantly garden with them in mind - to work with it rather than against it, in fact there would be no competition - the land beyond my garden wins everytime. A constant reminder that I am just part of a larger whole.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Mt favorite is definitely my little pond. It's in a 50 gallon Rubbermaid container that means a lot to me. It belonged to my Dad who passed away two years ago. He & I often spoke about turning it into a little pond at his home, but with Katrina & everything we never got around to it. I think he'd be proud of what I've done.

Thumbnail by jomoncon
Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Other --- a nice red tomato, warm from the sunshine.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Yum!!!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

dragons are very good--also can't get enough gargoyles here...
Debbie

Yum is right!! I think I'm just day's away!

Thumbnail by KatG
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I like your heads KatG. Definitely a step up from Chia pets.

Center Barnstead, NH(Zone 5a)

My favorite garden items r are rocks.. Many look like they are jewels. White ones, black ones, some are colored like smoke. Large and small and every size in between, They are my favorites

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Some great stories and memories that everyone has shared! It's been fun to read this thread!

I suppose my favorite 'plant' right now is my Bleeding Heart that is blooming like crazy along with my white daffodils. A very pretty combination and I didn't plan for it! Isn't that the way it always happens?!

Now I have to get busy making a gazebo or water fall or cute garden shed!

So much creativity here on Dave's to enjoy!

tabasco

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

My favorite is my bench. I love to sit here and have some tea and just admire my roses and the mountains in the distance. We can also view the city's fireworks display from this bench. DH gave it to me just before July one summer so we call it our 4th of July bench.

I love all the rocks we have collected over the years too, the flagstones and my arch that is covered with a red rose too!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009 3:12 PM

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Hilliard, OH(Zone 6b)

my banana plant:) this pic was taken the day of the big windstorm, before it got really bad.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2009 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by tropicsofohio

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.