What is your favorite garden item?

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)
There are a total of 286 votes:

I have a great specimen plant that I love. (what is it?)
(47 votes, 16%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is a statue, gazing ball or piece of art.
(23 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I have a favorite arbor, trellis or garden swing. (show us!)
(20 votes, 6%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is my water feature.
(50 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I am happiest when I can see my bird feeders.
(76 votes, 26%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is none of the above. (what is it?)
(70 votes, 24%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I love our birdbath, as here in the woods, you never know what kind of critter will be drinking, bathing, or even sleeping in it, lol. Last summer, the raccoons took naps in it to cool off!

Saint Petersburg, FL

I voted for art...for me, it's the statute of Diana at the center of my moon garden (and the memory of my DH helping me move 820 lbs of her across my yard) that I cherish the most.

Thumbnail by carolyn_haack
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Jomocon.... You have done a great job on the pond your Dad dreamed of; I know he is proud and you should be too. Nice memory garden.

Paris, KY(Zone 6a)

So far my favorite is my cocker spaniel concrete pup I purchased in New Orleans-he is very authentic! :)

Florence, MS(Zone 7b)

My soon-to-be favorite (no pictures yet; it's a mess now!) is 3 arches that I have strung together to make a run-around place for my kids and an entrance to the vegetable garden. I knew better, but I planted a Halls honeysuckle along with 3 grapes, 2 clematis and a trumpetvine and the honeysuckle collapsed the cheap temporary arch I had planted it on. I've dug up the honeysuckle rootball and will replace the cheap arch with an iron arbor, and put a grapevine on it. I'll replant the center of the arches with baby-blue-eyes groundcover. I have banana, hibiscus and arborvitae in the curve of the arbors, a live oak and our little orchard on the other side. Hopefully these arbors will provide cover for the anole lizards that I like having in the garden to get rid of bugs!
Susan

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

My whole garden. I just love it and look forward to working in it every chance I get. I have many favourite sweet peas in it each spring and early summer that I love working with, and some superb lilies in the summer, narcissus in the autumn, and everything else all year round!

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

My Eustoma have been my babies for the past few years. I'm growing clarkias & godetia this yr...(Thank you for trading...you know who you are!!!)
I guess the Prairie Gentians are going to have to share the attention!

Thumbnail by holeth
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Those are beautiful!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I just bought a selection of Eustoma or lisianthus from Burpee, I had them once before and they are a wonderful plant, I have 5 tiny little seedlings in the greenhouse too. I hope they make it. Nice to see them here.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My daughter just gave me a gift certificate to Al's Garden Center for my birthday today! Think I will go looking for something special tomorrow. I am so excited as I have heard many good things about Al's and have never been. An adventure! Yeah!

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I just love everything in my garden....I even love weeding..LOL

Selinsgrove, PA(Zone 5b)

My favorite is my $2.00 yard sale car. In the spring it holds a container of daffodil bulbs. In the summer a container of annuals. In the fall a pot of mums. In the winter wrapped presents.

This was the fall a year ago.

Don (DEMinPA)

Thumbnail by DEMinPA
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

don..very cute!

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

I'm loving looking at everyone's pictures!!! I chose my bird feeders. This is my thistle feeder bombarded with goldfinches. We're just starting to put out all the hummingbird feeders. It's the hummingbirds visitors comment on when they come to visit- it sounds like a fighter squadron revving up at times!

Thumbnail by bordersandjacks
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

I voted 'Other', as I love the weird rocks we find on our acre. 'Cookie's Rock' is my very favorite.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Now that is a rock to be envied!! Lucky gardener.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Love Cookie's Rock! Looks like an Indian well?

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

No, not an Indian well, it's was just an impression in the rock from weathering. We enlarged them to make watering holes for the birds. Here's what the rock looked like before we ruined it. Weathering, water, flowers and Turkish Speedwell give it the look of today. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, I sure do. There's more out there that have to be towed to the front yard with the 4X4.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Keep feeding those goldfinches in SC! What a beautiful pic!

First time my pop saw a goldfinch while mowing the lawn (I was maybe 7 or 8?) he had my mom call animal control because "somebody's pet canary got out!" How funny is that!?!

Anyway, if the birds are all in SC, perhaps they won't steel my seed for trading up here in PA!!! Adorable little thieves!

Hi all! First time voting! Enjoying everyone's stories and photos!
I voted other. My favorite things are the 6 redwood planter boxes that my son built for me from redwood fence boards and scrap 2x4s that were left over from a previous fencing project. He's very creative and built them without using any plans. He also built the covered box on the porch, where I keep some of my gardening supplies. I love these planter boxes because no two are alike, and they allow me to garden in my backyard on my concrete patio, and also near the front porch, which is where this box is, because the soil in this area is too shallow for anything to grow.

Thumbnail by
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I voted other and I have to agree with saya. I love all my plants & appreciate their special attributes. At least, I've narrowed it down to the plants.

Deer Park, IL(Zone 5b)

My pond!

Thumbnail by mothermole
Griffin, GA(Zone 8b)

A Waterfall that I built in my yard, and I have always dreamed of having a shabby chic cottage look, with a twist of tropical/beachy type added in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.