What is your favorite garden item?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)
There are a total of 286 votes:

I have a great specimen plant that I love. (what is it?)
(47 votes, 16%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is a statue, gazing ball or piece of art.
(23 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I have a favorite arbor, trellis or garden swing. (show us!)
(20 votes, 6%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is my water feature.
(50 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I am happiest when I can see my bird feeders.
(76 votes, 26%)
Red dot

My favorite garden item is none of the above. (what is it?)
(70 votes, 24%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

My greatest garden treasure is my Dawn Redwood.

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Other, favorite things are all the walls and beds I've made from the native sandstone taken off the hill behind the house. Just looks so natural...

Doug

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Right now it is my new little greenhouse that replaced a very old ugly rusty shed.

Santa Fe, NM

My wheel barrow! I've had it for many years.

Buffalo, NY

My favorite thing is my entire garden and everything that grows, walks, crawls, hops, squawks, hums and so on. As long as I can see and hear and get around amongst all of that, I'm good :)

Fern Park, FL(Zone 9b)

"Other"

White gazebo where I married my husband :)

Thumbnail by passiflora07
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Lovely, just perfect.

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

My favorite is my sitting area looking out over my rose & BF garden.

Thumbnail by LeePerk
Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

My favourite item would have to be a plant (any plant) Which ever plant I am looking at right now, LOL!...

BUT, having said that, it is pretty hard to go past my nearly 40 year old Leutchenbergia principis.

Ciao, KK

Thumbnail by Kaelkitty
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi KK, I bet thats only one of alot of nice things you have!
I'm loving all the pictures of everyones favourite garden bits! Aren't we a lucky bunch to have such great things to cherish.
I have lots of favourite places in the yard, and lots of favourite plants, but I voted for water feature, as DH and I sit there when resting from heavy gardening and count the frogs, dragon flies, goldfish e.t.c. Its a very therapuetic place.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Home made armillary sphere.

Thumbnail by DonShirer
South Hamilton, MA

I voted for plants, our dwarf collection of iris plants. while I enjoy the whole garden, without those, the garden season would be a bust.

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Weedwoman, a pond made from a boat! I just love it. What original ideas we have as gardeners!

Doug

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Don, I like your homemade armillary sphere; it looks cool. Did you form the circles or were they something your recycled from something else? Joann

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My favorite objects THIS WEEK are the two chairs that my DSis's Grandkids (that we share) painted for me. They were over for Easter and we did a lot of fun things and one was to paint the two chairs that I recycled for the porch of my potting shed. They will make me smile for a long time to come.

Love the stories, and pictures everyone has shared!!

Sheila_FW

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Sheila, now that is the best garden addition anyone could wish for.

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

Joycet: I'l post one today. If you like it, I have rooted cuttings.
Hillbilly_Gran: Is the walking stick something that can be rooted from a cutting? I'd love one if that's possible.
Jeri11: that's GORGEOUS!
mattsmom: That is SO quaint. I love it!
plantladyhou: Do you have any pics?
Lenjo: I love your gazebo but I also REALLY love that picture. I miss the solitude and introspection of winter. When I lived up north, winter was always the time that I looked into myself and laid the groundwork for changes in my life. I miss it. Down here there seems no time.

Maggie

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

weedwoman that is just to cool. Who would have thought to do that. I just love the boat..

Santa Fe, NM

Weedwoman, the water feature boat is just Way too cool! What a great idea.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Maggie that would be AWESOME!

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Definitely my watergarden! I'll refrain from posting a picture again since I've posted it several times in the past, but it is truly my escape and serenity!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

WEll, I HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes pic please.

I also have a beautiful Cathedral wind chime which I adore.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2009 4:10 PM

And I forgot to add the picture - here it is

Thumbnail by
Navasota, TX

I don't have one favorite item, but on the whole, my favorites are my roses: noisettes, teas, hybrid teas, English roses, miniatures, miniflora, floribunda...I make small "arrangements' and bring them to the community center and to neighbors...helps me feel useful...

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

My "FAVORITE" thing in my yard/garden is whatever is blooming right now. SO, I have 'new' favorite things all year long. It makes me happy to see blossoms in the winter, and I feel accomplishment whenever I see something blooming. God is good.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

My favorite thing is definitely a plant, I just can't pick one. Basically it is all of them because I like the beauty of life.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I eliminated anything living from my list (otherwise I would never be able to choose) Now I have it narrowed down to 3 things... well er no 4 things.... um maybe 5.... ARGH!

ok, two arm twists is all it takes ;o)

Thumbnail by SongsofJoy

and the stream

Thumbnail by SongsofJoy
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OUTSTANDING SongsofJoy! Beautiful shot with the astilbes in the forground. After deep consideration and many lists I have chosen. I choose my garden shed because 1) it brings hummers 2) a colony of bees live in its walls and 3) it was originally a little girl's playhouse so has a luvly history.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I noticed that 21% of the folks voted for the same thing I did: bird feeders. Yet no one has described theirs (yet) , or published photos, perhaps because the idea is so simple: You put out seed, or suet, or fruit, or nectar in the summer, and all year 'round, beautiful feathered creatures come to entertain you. I have several different feeders hanging in my yard outside my windows. They make me the happiest.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Pics?

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

My favorite thing is an arbor made by my hubby, every thing is hand made, he designs and cuts the iris out by hand and bent the pipe by hand. I keep telling him I'm going to give it away, so he will make me one with all kinds of flowers on it, but its still in my yard, lol. Susan

Thumbnail by susan505
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Its wonderful how many have chosen things made by their loved ones. You wanna bet you never, ever give it away Susan505? ^_^

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

I love this trellis covered in Bougainvillea...especially at night! My Loved-one didn't make the trellis, but is in charge of the growth and give's blood every time he trims or try's to re-weave the branches. Such a beautiful pretty plant, but the thorns are horrible!

Thumbnail by KatG
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Zonal envy! Zonal envy! I'm greeeeeeeeen.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

I guess my second favorite thing is my family of heads! hehehe

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009 12:42 AM

Thumbnail by KatG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.