Blather stick

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930224/
Come on in Kick off y'alls shoes, make y'all selves comfy and
Pass the stick how is up next

This message was edited Dec 15, 2008 9:14 PM

Clarkson, KY

As I recall, Moxy was behind a goat slinging frozen goat pellets, while dressed in her spelling police garb. Dahlia was slinging smarties and otherwise laying low, Wren and I were back on Southern food with hoe cakes and goober peas...

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i came to see what a blather stick was and now i'm tip-toeing out, laughing all the way.

Clarkson, KY

It's a much lower form of the traditional Talking Stick (what was the name again? I'll look, sorry!)

Yes, goober peas are peanuts!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I thought we were all having breakie!! I put my bib on and everything! I'm worried about my wild birds wren. The wind chills have been severe for the last few days and the pot with the warm water for the baths froze to my mittens so I didn't make it to the baths before it got dumped. I do know they have stashed plentiful seeds/corn in the evergreens so I have to hope they are just staying in the trees :

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Do not be afraid, all ye who harbor chickens in your yards. I am here to protect you and your flocks from unsuspecting hordes.

It is I, the rescuer of goats, the washer of angoras, the secret crazy chicken lady who creeps around at night distributing chickens and eggs, the llama lover, and the sheep shaver....I am....THE BARNYARD FAIRY!!!!

Never mind those single species fairies. They are not sufficiently diverse. I can populate your farm in a single bound! I can leap tall barns in a clumsy and inelegant manner. I can fall flat on my face in a cow patty and still keep on going!

You will know me by my chartreuse tights (which aren't that tight) and my hot pink cape, and my chicken hat, and of course my fancy boots.

BAWWWWKKKKKK!!!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I must've scared you all away. Off on the next mission then...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Clarkson, KY

Don't tell me Kelly aided and abetted...You are a vision!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I can't tell anything, I'd have to use my special chicken mind masher on you if I did.

Clarkson, KY

You seem to have survived ok... does it entail taking law classes??

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Good Grief!!! and this is the foster Mum of my son the LLama???

I wish to apologize to you all for my disappearance...We had to do a fast move from the big farm... ceiling collapse started it....anyway we are okay, and now on a 13 acre property with a lovely home and a pond, lots of birdies, and we have 2, 8+ point bucks and a doe that run the woodsline about 4pm...We moved Thanksgiving weekend and I have been trying to get unpacked and settled and still work 50 + hrs a week...I apologize profusely for negecting you all .. I am just glad it was a still unsigned land contract....I am now only 12 miles from work instead of 56 one way...

I have been lurking on the threads, just no time to post...

Huggggs to alll !!!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

The name of the thread interested me. The pic will keep me watching!!!
Cmoxon you are a hoot!

Good morning y'all. Sorry I disappeared last night was on a secret mission called "bed"

Dahlia dear try feeding your wild birds peanut butter-either spread on a slice of bread placed in a wire feeder or mix melted peanut butter and cornbread mix together with any other thing like dried fruit, seeds or nuts that you have on hand. Wrens like peanut butter both the feathered ones and this one.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Grow - you commissioned my outfit...is it as you had imagined?

I put on my sunglasses. Would not lose you in a snow drift. LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CWBO Wren, I will issue you a pair of sooper-dooper barnyard x-ray vision goggles when I have perfected them.

OH cool!!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Salute! to General Dusty! Glad to see you Ma'am!

Did you see about my new rescue angora goats? I thought you'd like them!

And, I have a new llama, Mr. Rosco (nothing to do with TV program) and he is an intact male of approximately 1 year of age. We got him from a horse shelter where he had been a last minute acquisition from a sale barn when nobody wanted to buy him. She had him in with the horses. Now he is with us. Not bad for a $50 llama.

He's a lovely cinnamon color.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Clarkson, KY

I think, as a winter version, it is everything I could have hoped for and more... Though I must confess, you do not look like quite so formidable a speller when sneaking around like that. The goat pellets and chocolate cupcakes are a perfect fit, now...

Clarkson, KY

This is Lucilla Llama -she was left on our doorstep, presumably thrown out for wearing too much blue eyeshadow...She may be Mr Rosco's perfect mate...What say?

(edited name - Much prefer Lucilla!!)

This message was edited Dec 16, 2008 9:53 AM

Thumbnail by grownut
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Lucille is lovely, although she seems to be missing some parts of her body. The eyeshadow is a bit much. Perhaps she should make the acquaintance of a palette knife to assist with its removal.

Love both of them. Thought Lucille is short on one end!!!

Clarkson, KY

She's a birdhouse...didn't want to add the whole back end.

(Da Gen'rul's back! Da Gen'rul's back! Da Gen'rul's back!)
So glad you made it through, Ma'am. You've been sorely missed! No one sufficiently sober-minded to keep us in hand.

Seriously -got gifted with a couple of bags of birdhouse gourds and am doing creatures with them. What do you think? Here's another I don't like as well. Peckrid -she's rather a dour sort...

Thumbnail by grownut

they are very well done. I like both of them

Clarkson, KY

I'm having an awful lot of fun doing them...was considering whether to keep it up and maybe sell them at some point but you know how it is with handcrafts -heaven or hell and you're never sure which!!!lol.

Tell me about I can not get what my dragons are worth. So I just gave up.

Clarkson, KY

I really loved that dragon and was wondering how it was done -would love to D-mail. So should I work for $2 an hour? or is the going wage less now? lol.

I was told 3-5 an hour. I did the dragons with polymer clay-that is the clay that you bake in your oven.
I have to go out right now but if you have any questions you can D-mail me.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Commander Moxon, CPO Pastrypuff requesting permission to develop variation on the uniform du jour and requesting you equip chicken hat with night-vision goggles due to fear the Barnyard Fairy will miss those of us here in the hinterlands. That is all, sir yes sir.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CPO Pastrypuff, yes indeed, good idea, however, at this time the goggles are under highly secret developmental stages and cannot be shown in uniform photos due to need to know basis. Can't have the whole world knowing about them....not at all proper....no indeed.

Grow - I love the birdhouses!

Clarkson, KY

Cool! I'm not stoppin' then...

Lodi, United States

Gee....I leave you guys alone for a day and all mayhem breaks loose

Welcome home, General Dusty! Please restore order.

Moxon--there is no Barnyard Fairy--just a deranged and color challenged Canadian running amuck in the Iowa hinterlands. Get it "aMUCK? (Ha, ha, ha...mirthless laughter)

Grow, you are wasting your time making cunning birdhouses--create, instead, dung bombs. Moxon will help you with materials and technical drawings.

CPO Pastrypuff--regarding the goggles--loose lips sink ships...though why there are ships on the Midwest Prairie.......

CWBO wren....the dragons are too good. Please go to Walmart and study the correct way to produce meritless chatchkis.

Is there anyone I have missed?

This message was edited Dec 16, 2008 11:29 PM

good nite y'all

Lodi, United States

Good night, wren. Sleep well.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Catscan, you so rained on my parade. There is SO a barnyard fairy cuz she keeps visiting me over and over and over again. So I figured, maybe I AM the barnyard fairy, and I keep visiting myself!

Happy to help with dung missiles. :-)

Clarkson, KY

How do you spell "Blitzfit"?? Little black raincloud? Dour Berkeley...no better stop before she's onto me...

Lodi, United States

Hey guys, I'm back! Did my evil twin spread gloom and doom in my absence?

No, I admit it. It was me. I was at work. I think differently at work. I am all sweetness and light at home.

See :0)

Clarkson, KY

It's never the same when you're not settin' on your chickies, is it?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Unless you're settin' with your goats.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Commander Moxon, AKA Your Vividness, request you order Catscan to either stay off the computer at work or explain in full whether that name means:

1) CT scan
2) cat's can (aka littlerbox?)
3) Yes, Cats CAN!

CPO Pastrypuff

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.