South Lodi Launch Ready for Take Off!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Catscan.. I'm there already.. I had to do at least one TWT fluffing exercise..

My eyes are so tired from staring at pips.. It was a long day..

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
(Zone 7b)

Good Night Claire and i have never questioned your spelling athority atharty athorrity OH the way you know spelling

(Zone 7b)

ZZ it has been an eggsighting day and your new chicks are great.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

LOL! "eggsighting" - that's fabulous!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Teresa! It's so good to see you here.. We are a super silly group.. You will fit right in. Even if you just have "virtual" chickens, your a virtual chicken head and will get a title.. LOL I can't wait to see what they come up with for you! LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O Claire I fold. I think you will have a nervous break down if you can't be the Spelling Police. Just to let you know I make up spellling and actual words as I go, that's just me, so you will have to work with that, and I will try to spell all the words I agree with correctly. I think that's fair. Now back to the babies.. because its so exciting...

Lodi, United States

I think we are expecting too much of our Spelling Police. Let us remember that she is a Chief PETTY Officer--we are not. And, for all we know, in Canada "duty" is an alternate spelling of "doody". (I know, dahlianut--but we must humour her or she may lose all confidence).

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That's my feeling Catscan. Since I'm writing my own dictionary I need to be very sensitive to Claire's loyalty to spelling. I willl try very hard not to introduce too many new words into the missions. ps doody is doody. It's such a cool word that nobody messes with the spelling BUT I think there may have been latin involved at the moment which created the spelling confusion.

Lodi, United States

I would suggest sending Claire transcripts of your manuscript as you go along so she can keep up with nutese. This might help her feel more comfortable with your innovative spelling.

We must, at all costs, not upset the Moxon.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 1:53 AM

Lodi, United States

Oh, I forgot!

NPGC orders to Commander Mother Bird ZZ:

Breath...Breath...Breath...Repeat as necessary.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I agree. Sensitivity to CMoxon should be a priority. Sir ZZ Ninja Dahlianut still on alert for the mission.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Pop.. zip.. out

Meet Marlow

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

9 pips, 5 chicks

one tired Mother Bird.. who's eyes are still as big as silver dollars..

Lodi, United States

Soooo Excited!

And I will get to see them in person!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sir permission to change from the hatching dance to the dance of joy.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah, the morning delight of seeing the new arrival!

You know it's important to live up to one's title, and as Chief PETTY Officer it is my duty (not doody) to have petty complaints. None of which are intended to be upsetting or offensive of course. You are technically supposed to roll your eyes and say "Oh, there she goes being petty again" and pat me on the head and tell me it's all OK. These made up words give me a twitch.

Catscan - I am highly envious of your in-person visiting ability. Give them all a little Iowa love when you visit.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird Woke up to 10 chicks.. Have no clue what came from where.. I think the one that is still wet came from the blue egg..

Different degrees of flailing and bumbling and fluff. Most are black/gray

Let me see after some caffeine gets flowin

There are more pips.. can't see yet..

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

CWBO Wren reporting in for a short visit. Sorry for the TWT being late- been washing EVERYTHING in this house-our it feels like it. Now back to the house cleaning(I hate cleaning house)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

2 Zipping right now! Dark brown speckled egg and another dark one!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

The Mox loves speckles...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Inside shot.. note zipping procedure in corner..

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Front of hatcher.. zip pic

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Front of hatcher Head pic!

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Are any of the blue eggs pipped?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

5 blue eggs left.. 4 are pipped... 1 hatched this am.
The window head shot is a pretty color brown and black.. not as pronounced as Alvin, but NICE.

I think there are 6 active pips as of last count.

edited to change blue egg count at 6:19

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 6:19 AM

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

12 chicks
6 pips

This is just tooooooo fun.. I have to do this again.. I can't wait till I can play with them..
I just opened the lid to take a couple eggshells out of the way.. and the big fat white one ran up and got on my hand!! Here I go again with those wobbly knees!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Here are the breeds here.. bred for good laying..black Marans, cuckoo Marans, Welsummers, Amerecaunas, Penedesenca cross. Imagine that in an auction for Silkies!
These eggs developed really well.. out of 38, (two auctions) 30 went to the hatcher! I highly recommend this seller. She must be feeding very well and have very healthy birds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160296610801

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Blue Egg Zipping.. :)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

very nice hatch you have going. Mine are due to hatch tomorrow or monday 14 doz.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow Luvs.. is that the bator you made? I vaguely remember a bator that would hold a GOB of eggs? How cool.. Can't wait to see THAT thread! How fun is that? Wild..
This is my first.. and it's been crazy.. I want to quit my job and just hatch.. Yeah, that's it.. Just hatch.. then I won't be so dang tired.. I mean hey.. this IS more important isn't it? LOL

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Woo! CGO Jenks reporting late!

What is the average hatching rate? How do you decide which go to the hatcher?

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 10:03 AM

This is my 1st hatch also, well last week I had 36 eggs in the brower, wont use it to hatch again, this one is a cabinet sportsman??? has three trays, it has been almost set it and forget it type with the cabinet one. All I have to do is add water. Which I need to do today.

The brower I could never keep the temp right. One time it is 85 then it would go up to 106. I was lucky to get the 13 chicks. 5 turkens and 8 JG's.

What is in the bator now is barnyard special 9 doz of them and 5 doz of black sex links. I will start a new thread on them probably tomorrow. I have to get daughters b/f to get the hatcher out of the barn today and get it a going. Daughter has the camera as it is grandsons 1st wrestling match. I had to stay home to watch the place.

(Zone 7b)

OMG ZZ I'm so excited for you and jealous all those new babys to hold. They all look so perfect and the pics of them hatching Thanks for those. Yes you will have to this again and YES! being happy is the most important thing there is ^_^

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Just got a buff silkie.. and a blue egger.

Claire, that egg you liked with the speckles is a beauty! I think it's trying to be partridge? VERY pretty! It was Krystal's favorite too.. I'm naming it Moxy.. cause I think it reminds me of pretty.

I think Marlow is a splash..

I had to put some in the brooder cause they were trampling the poor buff silkie that rolled out a few minutes ago.. Too crowded.. Only the fully fluffed from yesterday or last night came out..

I think there are 2 more zipping..

Has anyone seen my coffee???????

(Zone 7b)

ZZ is haveing so much fun!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you are having so much fun, I am joining you. I am a nervous wreck. I have 6 pips now, made a thread for it and cant take pics till this afternoon.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

WOW! busy night and morning hatch crew.
Awsome chicks, is the report from Special agent of the chick inspection division.
I do believe it would be a good career move for you zz! Mankind could benefit greatly by this.
Not to mention, you would really wuv them all up!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ZZ, please do not put your coffee down in the 'bator. The chicks should not be introduced to caffeine at this stage. Probably they drank it all and that's why they were stomping the buff silkie. I LOVE buff silkies, by the way.

I am very impressed with the speckled Moxy. There is a magazine (or there was) called Moxie about living your life to the fullest. I think the chick will embrace that.

Marlow is a splash! Awesome!!! Doing the happy dance for you! One hand with a hankie and the other hand with a pom pom, and fuzzy slippers (no Kotex). Bawwwk!

I just went out to collect eggs. 3 blue and 3 brown. Yay. :-)

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

LOOKIT'EM ALL!!!! Congratulations on your sweet brood of chix.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Luvs I hope you have a great hatch.. this is just the best thing ever!

Okay.. 14 chicks
2 starting to zip
ummm 3 or 4 more pips

Mother Bird is already tired.. :)

Pics of boo boo babiez in brooder coming soon..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.