South Lodi Launch Ready for Take Off!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

OOOps! I should have looked at that post.. it's been sitting here..

Let me go count.. I just got a nice blue egg booboo and a dark brown egg.. (marans I suspect)

No new pips..

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Last one to hatch is very questionable.. partial yolk sack sticking out.. Just got trampled and is bleeding.. :(

(Zone 7b)

OH GOODNESS is Cat there to help!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes.. she will be here in a bit...

I put it where no one else can see it's lil red area, and sent Krystal to get some "new skin" for it..

Thank you

(Zone 7b)

OH! I didn't know what to do or if you needed help.......Glad everything is going good and i hope the injured one gets better.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mostly I need to stop worrying and let them be.. :)

When it was dragging the egg shell with it.. that caused a lot of the problem.. I severed it with my fingernail and that took a LOT of pressure off..

It's already drying up and not bleeding.. it doesn't even know it's got a problem.. looks at me like I'm the crazy one.. Hummm pretty smart chicken huh? :)

Still at 16 babiez..

Lodi, United States

I went, I saw, and I was watched too closely to steal anything.

NPGC reporting on investigation of Lodi South Base hatching unit. Mother Bird has set up a very professional hatching containment facility, the serious execution of which is only marred by the Commander's unfortunate lapses into Chickie Baby Talk. I arrived in time to help identify a blue egg insurgent mount an escape attempt which was contained within the approved hatching module. For outstanding success in a first alien life form exercise, Mother Bird deserves the Medal of Honorable Hatching.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I don't think I can handle this. Someone needs to drug me. Thank Gawd the lil bleeding one is OK. I'm a neurotic mess.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Jenks, you are not alone.. no worries... The babiez know what they are supposed to do.. and the less WE do the better. My eyes are killing me from staring.. I think you CAN stare holes in them!
The lil bleeding one is drying up great.. No more blood.. and the yolk sack finished going inside.. I am pretty sure it's gonna be fine.

Commander Catscan I am forever grateful to you for talking me through this and putting up with my countless emails and phone calls. I will never forget this day. I had complete faith in you.. Thank you so much!

The blue egg baby is out and doing fantastic.. that makes 17... but it's not over yet.. one more blue egg and that stuck silkie still have to make it out.. Nothing is final since today is the due date..

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Blue Egg #5 Zipping!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Mother Bird! Congratulations on the Medal of Honourable Hatching. You must be so proud. Brings a tear to my eye! Thank goodness Commander Catscan was there for the insurgent attempt. She is ever vigilant.

Awaiting word on blue egg #5 content!

Jenks - recommend breathing into a paper bag for a little while, limit viewing of pictures of chicks, and have a good strong gin tonic or a mint julep. I've had the same symptoms myself. It can be cured without administering sleeping pills if you are careful.

Citra, FL

I couldnt even get half way thru this thread without peeing my pants...pass the Kotex snowman please (sticky side down puh-leeeeze). I want dearly to congratulate ZZ on her gorgeous hatch, but I couldnt even make it down to the Reply Mode. How does a thread get so long in a day???? You guys are hooterific, Im tellin ya....

Gorgeous babies, what are the very very dark modules?

Sighs of relief here. Bourbon on the rocks and I'm now able to at least check up on the thread.... ': ^ /

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 6:20 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah, well done! An excellent alternate choice of medicinal assistance!

I call it self-medicating... ;)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you everyone!

These are "layer Crosses" black Marans, cuckoo Marans, Welsummers, Amerecaunas, Penedesenca crosses and more

Blue Module out.. and floppin..

Here is a group shot..

Claire.. Moxie is my fav... she has such a pretty face! Alvin stoled my heart when she ate from my hand.. :)

one new brown egg pip
18 chicks 1 zip 1 pip

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Toot Toot Wut Wut.. peebeep peebeep

music to my ears..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I see a cutie patootie secret infiltrator chick hiding behind the water bottle!

Moxie has beyooootiful stripes (spelling police allowed this momentary lapse)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

There are 13 in there! LOL I'm still in shock.. This was the best day ever. :)
I thought it was fun to participate in the missions.. but this is over the top. Isn't Nature grand? These tiny lil things know exactly what to do..

AND they know exactly what to do to steal your heart!!!!!!

Lodi, United States

Mother Bird! Are you wearing your special "I will not be seduced by your winsome alien ways" goggles? I know you were issued some.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh no! She may already have been seduced! INTERVENTION!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Special agent of the chick inspection division reporting!
I am recommending you for the eggshell (cant be purple) heart medal of honor.
Chick life forms seem to be in particularly good order.
Anti seduction googles at the ready!

Lodi, United States

She has family members there that know what to do. They were briefed on both intervention and rehab. I just hope we don't lose her. It takes weeks of training and indoctrination to get someone to volunteer to take on 30 eggs in a base-made hatcher.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Especially on the first mission.
Thanks for the briefing!
I am thankful for the reinforcments.

Lodi, United States

And we are grateful for your taking on the grueling "Chicken Inspector" duty. Not many will.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

It is an honor ma'am.
One that I take very serious.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Dabbing eye with tissue....

Clarkson, KY

Is the hatcher modeled after the one in the stickie? Really has been an amazing hatch.

Lodi, United States

Yes, very close. There is a link on the internet how to build an incubator. It is very simple and if you could get a styrofoam box big enough to fit an egg turner I would try incubating in it. But since you don't need to turn eggs once they are in a hatcher--the homemade incubator works perfectly.

One thing--I do think the styrofoam breaks down over time and cleaning. Commander ZZ is using first use styrofoam. My last hatch it was very difficult to keep the temp stable in my multi-used hatcher. And it had worked perfectly the first few times.

Errrr. Over

Clarkson, KY

How frustrating is that!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Toot Toot Babiez my lil boo boo babiez.. doo doo wanna dink of water? Boo Boo Babiez.. Lil poopy boobooz... Oh my lil toot toot tooot...

Here too tooz

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Uh oh....regression in progress...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I n e e d eeee ba ba bay... more e g g s

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Intervention....
We need to talk her down.
Manual, where did I put the manual?
She is NOT wearing the googles! I repeat, She is NOT wearing the googles!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Just one more auction...

pleeeeeeeease

edited to say..

No gobbles.. Just peeps.. I won't wear gobbles

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 6:29 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I am soft...One more. If I can come! hehehe

Lodi, United States

I'll call her family immediately. They have all been warned about the baby talk and know it is a serious sign of decompensation and assimilation.

MOTHER BIRD! ZZ! PUT ON THE GOGGLES!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

it will be okay...breath deep.
googles goggles put everything on!
Full metal jacket if need be.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Put her in a crate! Give her a water dish and some crumbles. Do NOT let her go broody.

Lodi, United States

Shall I hose her down with cold water and hang her up in the garage?

That reminds me--the broody Golden Sebright won't let the others use the nest box so they are dropping eggs in the bushes. She is going in a carrier with her fake eggs and maybe a Fayoumi or two.

I think when the hatching modules have stopped activating Mother Bird will resume her Command.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.