South Lodi Launch Ready for Take Off!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

you can say that again Grow..

edited to say grow.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2008 5:20 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

And they say war is hoot. Well not if all sides take a receipe break ^_^ We should run the world, don'cha think? Note to self: Mission into the house for maple syrup is needed.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh sister grownut Iz coming to have breakfast with y'all

Doze y'all have greens, blackeyed peas and hogjaw?

Clarkson, KY

Sittin' by the roadside on a summer's day
Chattin' with my messmates passin' time away...
Lyin' in the shadows underneath the trees...
Goodness how delicious -eatin' goober peas!!
Peas, peas, peas, peas, eatin' goober peas!!

Just before the battle the gen'rul hears a row!
He says the Yanks are comin' I hear their rifles now!!
He turns around in wonder and wonders what he sees -
The Tennessee Militia's eatin goober peas!!
Peas, peas, peas, peas, eatin' goober peas!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hogjaw? I have Alberta AAA prime rib and Canadian bacon to contribute if there's a shortage of hogjaw. Using my infra-blue goggles to seek to spot a grill.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hmmm....these hoecakes sound good. I shall have to try this....

{{{{sniffs around the edge of barn door to see who's cookin'}}}}}

I LOVE grade B maple syrup. The grade A stuff is too weak tasting for my Canadian blood!

I leave for Canada on Thursday night. I'm going to be bringing home some of the good stuff!! LOL!

Our freezeless faucet hasn't frozen yet, but it's not attached to the house. It comes straight out of the ground.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I can't bring back the bacon. The customs will get on my case.

As it is I'm going to try to smuggle a dozen eggs thru....I want my mom to taste my own hens eggs!

Lord have y'all every set down to a real old fashion country breakfast? You name it it was on the table.
Now I like buttermilk but clobber is not one of those things I will eat.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ya bummer about the border Claire. Good luck with the eggs. Wren it makes me laugh sometimes because some people think the brunch buffet with everything available is a new thing.

I know what you mean. There was grits, biscuits, peas, eggs, ham, tomatoes, etc but they use sugar cane syrup. Which my Great Uncle make from his own sugar cane and extracted from the cane using a old mule.

Clarkson, KY

Same here. grandmother loved clabber (pronounced clabbah) Choke. Still hear stories of Great Granpaw Pinckney and the mule and the sugar cane! :-)

edited for spelling and to add:

How about starting a blather thread to continue this? It's gettin' longer than my patience!!

This message was edited Dec 15, 2008 7:47 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Have I had sugar cane syrup I wonder? Is that the usual syrup in the south? I never looked at the ingredients.

Clarkson, KY

And does everyone know what goober peas are?! Dang...

I believe they are peanuts. There is also another but I can not remember how to spell it.

Hold on and I will try to start a new thread.

Here we go. New site to talk. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930224/

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I knew but I'm a book nerd.

Me to, one summer I read the world book encyclopedias ( I think I just shocked my self I spelled that right the first time any way I think that is right the spell check did not yell at me)

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Mmmmmmm ... Canadian bacon. I like the bacon that's rolled in cornmeal.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Pee-meal bacon. Probably should be served with pee-cans. Did you manage to escape the cold snap Teresa?

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

dahlianut, it's still going on. Round #2. Snow is falling and the wind is blustering!

I thought it was all over, but apparently, there's more next week. I'm getting really tired of it!

How about you?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Teresa I am not only up past my knees in snowflakes, the wind here at -35C will take your face right off. I guess the interesting fact is this is the first time since 1971 that all of Canada will have a white Christmas. Yippee! Yahoo! (ok I was just being patriotic, personnally I think this is EXTREMELY old and we all hate it sigh)

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

I have to tell you --- I'm DONE with it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.