South Lodi Launch Ready for Take Off!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Dont make me call Claire...She seems to be an expert on wild wool!
(See photos above)

Clarkson, KY

Egad, she's scientific too, and may try an extraction!! Ruuunn!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{putting on latex gloves and eyeing her sheep shears with glee}}}

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh what fun it is to....
And she means it!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You and what army goatgirl? Ninja Dahlianut is guarding the entrance to the rock hideout with blue smarties locked and loaded. It is not permissable to make sweaters out of members of the Nut fam even if they are wild and woolly. hmphf! (I got your back cousin).

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Who you callin' goatgirl missy?!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

If the hoof fits.... Methinks you best withdraw the shears so cousin nut can come back out to play.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Mox goes stomping off in her brand new fun and funky Hawaiian Turquoise Flower barn boots (see below, thanks to Target.com for picture), shears in hand, looking for an angora to practice upon.

{{mutter mutter mutter no fair mutter blue smartie pants mutter mutter}}}

{{{kicks around some frozen goat droppings}}}

{{{picks up frozen goat dropping, thoughtfully}}}

{{{feigning absent mindedness, tosses goat dropping at Dahlianut, and runs for cover in the barn}}}

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL looks like your new booties have already been 'smartied' tee hee! Tres chic though.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Come out from under the rock Grow...No one means you any REAL harm.
Only funny nutty jesty punny harm! I miss all your wonderous songs already!
Nice boots Moxon!

Clarkson, KY

I liked the chocolate cupcakes better than goat cupcakes...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

EWWWWW! I dont blame you there! She was throwing it at your cousin though.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{meanwhile, Moxon fashions a slingshot from odds and ends found in the barn and begins to take aim with frozen goat droppings at anyone within sight...}}}

Clarkson, KY

Note: Ky is NOT within sight!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

{{{{{{Ninja Dahlianut sloooooooowly eases herself south under cover of newly fallen snow and waves to Cousin Nut as she passes her rock}}}}}

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

{{{{{{ She makes her way softly, softly to the llama house she throws up some confusing ice crystals and peeks outside.....}}}}}}

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

CWBO Wren is comfity down here in the sun south way out of range. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

{{{{{ Patience is everything while she slowly hones in the smartie launches...... and waits..... Ninja Dahlianut is very patient}}}}}

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{{{PING PING PING}}}}}

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

FIRE IN THE HOLE! FIRE AT WILL!!! PROTECT THE LLAMAS AT ALL COST!!! {{{Goatgirl has lost her mind and is firing at her own llamas}}}}

Clarkson, KY

Just don't let her hit those snowy white angoras, that's all I ask!! They've had enough!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

"You hoo! Excuse me, goa.. ahem, ma'am? You in the barn? You'all interested in my new bootie polish?" I'm going to lure her outside Cousin away from the fragile goats Check out my southern drawl

Southern Drawl???? Y'all need to mossy on down her' , kick of y'all shoes an' sit a spell and ler'n to talk right. You her' Southern Drawl my a-----!!!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I like the pretty ice crystals... pretty pretty ice crystals!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oops Wren is saying bad words. Am I being flanked from the deep south now? eek! I need reinforcements. "Calling all cars, calling all cars!!!" (Wait! wrong movie!) Bzzt, pulling out the trusty radio: "Requesting assistance from the Northern Unit. I have created a LZ in the pasture and I'm providing cover. I am under fire. Repeat. I am under fire."

Slinging a few Coconuts North.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

INCOMING!!!!!

Here comes a couple of hoe cakes.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Wait!! Has goatgirl been hit???? There is an ominous silence from the barn. I'm going out to recon. I should be able to spot the booties with infra-blue googles.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{PING PING PING}}}}

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{Moxon takes a small angora goat and drapes it across her back for cover, to make herself look appropriately like a llama or other creature. She runs quickly to the stand spigot, draws a bucket of water, and rushes back to the barn.}}}}

{{{wet, sticky goat poos make better missiles...}}}}

Clarkson, KY

{{{Should we tell 'er the hot pink cape, chartreuse tights and blue and green galoshes are a dead giveaway? Naahhh....}}}

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

someone get the camera.. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Goatgirl's dash to the spigot was truly ingenious. Could not get a clear shot without endangering the goatling. Totally hoping CWBO Wren lobs a few more hoe cakes. They are so yummy (hint,hint). Note to HQ: CPO Moxon needs re-training in camoflauge AND endangering a goatling is SOOOOO against the Regulations.

Clarkson, KY

How'd she draw a bucket of water in these temps?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Our farm has a pipe thing that comes out of the ground with a lever thing on the top of it that you lift (looks like a sort of pump device, but you just pull it up) and the water goes back down the pipe when you are done to a depth below the freezing line, so the line never freezes even in the winter. It's great. That is what I use every day to get water for the chickie-doodles!

What's a hoe cake? Sounds a bit rude...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

According to my instruments its 1F but wait a bit. Once the temp dips below mwaaa haaaa haaaaaa those drippy goat doodies are gonna stick to her sling shot and then she's mine!!!! I'm confiscating the shears and the booties cuz I covet them

Clarkson, KY

Serve them with ham, bacon, or sausage and doused with maple syrup, molasses, or sorghum. (Larger image.) Makes 8 large pancakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 cup corn meal
* 1 1/3 cups milk
* 1 egg
* 3 Tbsp. butter; melted
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 3/4 tsp. salt

Preparation:

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.

2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and butter.

3. Whisk liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.

4. Meanwhile, lightly oil a skillet or griddle and warm over high, medium heat.

5. When the griddle's hot, make pancakes, allowing bubbles to form before turning over.

Note: These pancakes are superb with Grade B maple syrup.As a rule I'm not a big breakfast eater. Most days a cup of yogurt and a banana is just fine. But sometimes, on the weekends, a proper breakfast is called for. It might be ham and eggs, sausage and grits, or pancakes. When pancakes are on the menu for I go for this recipe that gets both texture and flavor from the use of a bit of cornmeal in the batter. Serve them with ham, bacon, or sausage and doused with maple syrup, molasses, or sorghum. (Larger image.) Makes 8 large pancakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 cup corn meal
* 1 1/3 cups milk
* 1 egg
* 3 Tbsp. butter; melted
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 3/4 tsp. salt

Preparation:

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.

2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and butter.

3. Whisk liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.

4. Meanwhile, lightly oil a skillet or griddle and warm over high, medium heat.

5. When the griddle's hot, make pancakes, allowing bubbles to form before turning over.

Note: These pancakes are superb with Grade B maple syrup.

It's in "Uncle Ned" -Stephen Foster

Clarkson, KY

We have the freezeless faucets -they freeze anyway...

The are good but kind of fattening, a round flat fried cake.. They are about the same a a hush puppy. Both are make from corn meal. The hoe cake was originally baked on the back of the farmers hoe. The hushpuppy was originally a small ball of cornbread fried up and thrown to the dogs to keep them quite when dinner was being made. So Hush puppy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.