South Lodi Launch Ready for Take Off!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh wait, now that I look at the eggs...could it be a penedesenca?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, Penedesenca cross... Just marked "layer" from seller.. said the "olive" colored egg was her own cross. These are just good eggers.
Have a blue pip.
The other dark egg with speckles has a HUGE pip.
Yes, I took that one out and helped it.. that's when I saw the membrane had dried on the nostrils. The RH is still good..

2 pips from this morning are doing nothing..

babiez are darling!!! two roos I'm guessing.. big blury head spots.. pics in a while.

Thank you everyone! Tomorrow is the due date, I hope there is a lot more of today's action!

PS.. I never drink coffee this late.. but I am tonight.. :)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Here...

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Clarkson, KY

ooooh, I want.....

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

So cute!!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ARGH! How on earth am I supposed to focus on studying for finals tomorrow when you have this humongous hatch going on? What were you thinking, subjecting me to this? I'm going to have to report this to your supervisor!

(stomps off in a huff)

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

OH MY GOSH ZZ!! Lookit those adorable babies!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS.

You must be absolutely thrilled to pieces!!!

Reading this thread, I can't figure out if all of you sound like astronauts, or quack doctors!?!?!!?

Too funny. Great job, girl!!! ♥

I think Cracked up is more correct.

CWBO Wren reporting in. Sorry I'm late. Unable to do the happy chicken dance to night but am ready to cheer.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wren, please get your pom poms out. Certainly pom poms must go with cheering.

Teresa - we are astronauts, navy seals, secret agents, ninjas, and a varied assortment of other highly secret officers. We are deliberately mysterious and obtuse, to better confuse the non-initiated. When you are ready to join the ranks, do let us know!

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

LOL! I have stars, so perhaps I'll fit in with the Ninja crowd!

Well............. do Christmas ornaments count?

You're all, without a doubt, a fun crowd!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well now, we haven't got a Tasteful Chicken Decorations Officer....what do you think troops, should we have one? She could be TCDO Teresa. This would avoid having any sort of silly chicken decorations for our hatching events, such as tasteless rubber chickens and such.

Lodi, United States

Tasteless?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird reporting!!!!

8 pips... I repeat 8 PIPS

One pip trying to zip.

4 bumbling babiez who look at me when I walk up.. I almost get a tear! Oh man.. this is just the ticket.. Wow.. Boo Boo Babiez.. lil tooot toots my lil toot tooot babiez..
One of em looks at me and quietly says Wut Wut I melt...

Olive is getting kind of a darker black/gray with white.. The little one that looks like Olive is gray and has a darling lil face. The chipmunk sits and watches me.. The lil white one is busy pecking at the pips and rolling around..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh what, so you decorate your tree with rubber chicken ornaments? Are you saying that they are the height of decorating chic? I mean, maybe I'm not up with the times....?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ahem I think hankies for dancing are in order. I'm spining like a top with hankies afluttering. i can't believe the luvly new life form would dare to lose those feathers. Welcome Teresa ^_^ Beware of CMoxom. We luv her but she is a Canuck in disguise and checks on every single spelling detail with the Queen. Isn't this way too cool? Pippin and fluffering. Bad news for you is that your are in mere lobbing distance for me over the big rocks for food fights. Oh did anyone mention we have food fights Teresa? ok I've said too much. I'm going covert. Note to all: Teresa can do the cool little heart symbols. Her techie savy indicates a high ranking IMHO.

Clarkson, KY

I think the Kotex qualifies. I couldn't quite muster up to that one. I really had enough trouble typing it. I'm more yer pompom, rubber chicken and cupcakes kinda gal...

Woops way too many posts I missed. I was still on tasteless...

This message was edited Dec 5, 2008 8:41 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Awwww...ZZ, they sound completely adorable. This is what it's all about! I think Olive needs to be fluffered. Do you have a TWT?

OH no I forget to take the TWT out of the drier!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh yes, Teresa is mi amiga.. She is a brug nut..(like I used to be) A dear DG friend.. I'm gonna talk her into getting chickens..
I mean umm.. Oh dang.. Did I spill the beans??????

edited to correct amigo to amiga

This message was edited Dec 6, 2008 5:25 AM

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Affirmative on the TWT.. Microfiber at that! I'm too scared to touch them..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

8 pips!!! I just KNEW this was becoming pipperliferous. Sirs I think a TDCO officer is needed. Permission to second TDCO Teresa for techie situations is requested. I think bamboozling with techno symbols might help us FINALLY inflitrate the alien team. I'm sure Special Agent sewincircle will agree. (ps Teresa, Special Agent sewincircle is just a teensyweensy paranoid about aliens but I didn't say that out loud)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Grownut, let me get this straight. You decorate your Christmas tree with Kotex?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Very well, TCDO Teresa, you are hereby joined into the Crazy Chicken Crew, and it would now be best if you would learn the happy hatching dance, in which you squat a little bit, wiggle your bottom, and poke your neck forwards. This assists chicks in hatching. If you wish to strap Kotex to your knees in order to prevent injury, we approve. Others do the dance on the bed in case of over-exuberant moves causing a stumble.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OMG good thing I have a TWT in reserve! Wren I'm shocked!! I thought you were packing the TWTs!! Whew that was a close one! Wren and I will sort this out Sirs. We're all good for fluffering.

Clarkson, KY

Ugly. There was a post somewhere (I still haven't brought myself to read it all very thoroughly) about doing the chicken dance and butt wiggle and this somehow involved Kotex. I really would prefer to talk Christmas decorations. That discussion left me feeling like I was secretly more inhibited than previously assumed. Ahh well...

Lodi, United States

I told you, Moxon, rubber chickens are very tasteful.

Clarkson, KY

NOW the explanation comes...argghh. The perfect Christmas gift - A Hatching Dance Kit!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OMG my sides hurt I'm laughing so hard...you all reduce me to giggles...

Imagining cutting out little snowmen decorations from Kotex and using the sticky side to stick them to the tree....oh my word....I am barely able to type now....ROTFLMBO....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O no Claire, cousin nut is talking about using kotex for the kneepads which are in the dress code of the dance. You need to stop focusing on the Queen spelling thing luv. Although it's quite understandable as you were coveting and having egg envy at the time the posts and pipperliferousnous and dancing was happening.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Big hug Cousin Nut cux it all got very confusing. Posts were flying. Perhaps a waissail is in order?

Clarksburg, MO

Major Williams checking in and doing the happy chicken dance for you ZZ. I am just so envious of all of you still hatching. The last baies I hatched seems so long ago. Can't wait til February when the Panther Creek Outpost hatching module will be brought ack to life.

Major Williams..................................over

Clarkson, KY

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
How lovely are your...ummm...snowmen?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I just get these visuals that I can't get over. I'm breathing more steadily now. Whew....

But see, I asked Catscan if she decorated her tree with rubber chickens and if they were the height of decorating chic, and then I see Grownut says "Kotex qualifies" and I figured either for tree decorations or general decorating and then I just began to laugh and then I couldn't breathe....

I think I'll be OK now. I'm alright for eggs. I have ameraucanas (easter eggers) due on Sunday, or is it Monday, well, either or.

Clarkson, KY

How'd you know I was about to Wassail, cousin?!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

(ps Teresa, Special Agent sewincircle is just a teensyweensy paranoid about aliens but I didn't say that out loud)
I heard that!
You can never be too careful with those life forms.
Just checking in...I locked the tweens in their room for awhile. JK
8 pips current intel.
4 wittle cuties with fluffy wuffy butts at present!
Awaiting news. out

Clarkson, KY

I wasn't reading that fast, I don't think, Claire. Sorry!

Clarksburg, MO

okay so glad that we do not have members decorating their trees with feminie products. I could envision angel made out of tampons and laughed so hard I thought I had peed.

Major Williams

Edited for spelling to protect myslef from the spelling police!

This message was edited Dec 5, 2008 9:05 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Welcome Theresa, TCDO!

Clarkson, KY

I think the newcomers are afraid WE are the aliens (Just Claire -she's CaNAdian). Maybe a pic of the eternal cuteness would sober us up? I'm not being very covert here, except in terms of paying attention to the mission at hand...ooops.

Lodi, United States

That would be Depends.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.