۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #8

Eugene, OR

Today we spent exploring my yard which is rather bleak right now. I have one very odd daffodil that came up really early, the others are just breaking ground. This one opened up the day Lingernot arrived......do you supposed it was just for him?

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

He also checked out my Athyrium filix-femina....commonly known as aTatting Fern. I purchased it last spring and can't wait for it grow more. It's special to me because I tat.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Then he went climbing (of course) to see they Rhododendron buds that are beginning to swell. They will put on a beautiful show in the spring.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

He really liked the colors in my cyclamen assortment. I can see these from my kitchen window, keeps me from pining for my garden.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Finished off with Belle showing him the toad house. Mr & Mrs Toad weren't home, but he liked seeing their house anyway.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Lingernot is having a good time, although he is a little cold. We're down to 33 deg right now, so earlier he helped me cover up some tender plants for the night. Such a helpful lad. Certainly a change from sunny CA, but he's adjusting. I am working on a gnome size afghan for him though, just to prevent the shivers.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Rhodies sigh. I have a tatting fern too which I just luv. Lingernot is having a wonderful time. Thanks Sally

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful pics sharing Lingernot's arrival and your plantings. I sure hope a freeze doesn't get the Rhododendron, it will be very pretty if it waits for spring. I am surprised to see your plants outside doing so well; guess your winter is mild so far.
With the daff blooming for Lingernot, it reminded me of the tulip that bloomed in January the year Fette came to visit me. I do think they were welcoming our special guests!

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sally you may be on to something. I have two bearded Iris that had sent up buds when Lingernot was visiting a few weeks ago. It has been cold..so no blooms but it is a wierd time to have buds. Perhaps Gnomes have some magical powers in our gardens. It was nice to see your daffodil. Can't wait until spring to see all the bulbs in bloom.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Lingernot really seems to be enjoying Oregon again, and he does see a lot of beautiful plants. Never heard of a tatting fern, maybe something for a memorial spot to honor my mom who did a lot of tatting. Magical powers?? If a gnome does bring them I think I need more gnomes.

Eugene, OR

If he has magical powers, I wish he would work some on my computer....my mouse died. I'm having to use the touchpad. The Rhodies do just fine through our winter, and no we haven't really gotten into the thick of it yet. The ski lodges are hurting, no snow yet. We get snow, but it usually doesn't stay. It does stay cold and I need to protect some plants and bring others in for the winter. We had a substantial freeze last night so Lingernot took advantage and went ice skating on the bird bath.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

We saw deer tracks, but unfortunately they had come during the night and we didn't get to see any of those beautiful creatures.But he was admiring the beautiful frosted leaves.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

t warmed up later and we contiued our exploring. He found Big Bear to be an excellant vantage point (also got to do some more climbing) to have a look around.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Then we went to the back of our property where he could see the surrounding area (more climbing). This is the common area that is part owned by all that live here, behind the trees in the back is the Coast Fork of the Willamette River. We'll try to get a look at that tomorrow. We still have that special someone for him to meet, I've told him about it and he is really excited.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

sally your view is stunning. Beautiful property. I am sure Lingernot is
enjoying his visit.

Eugene, OR

Did some relaxing in the afternoon, the Froggie Trio was practicing for the party. And Lingernot enjoyed a pleasant chat with Flower. I think there is some magic go on here, we had a very warm day and we were able to get a lot of our Christmas decorations up.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Thank you Beahive, forgot to say that is Mt Pisgah in the background. It's fun to watch the hikers in the summer. Lingernot wanted to try it, but understood my arthritic knees can't do that anymore. We love our view and the fact that my mother lives right next door makes it perfect.

We're off to a party and I need to do something with my mouse.

I didn't know Lingernot was so good at ice skating. He really seems to be enjoying himself. It is so nice to see he gets along with all the garden creatures. Looking forward to more adventures.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Drooling over sallyOR's view. Digging out from a big dump of snow. It's very poofy outside. The cat jumped off the steps and disappeared up to his tail. He was not impressed.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ninja Dahlianut! Are you on the Lingernot list? I am! He will be visiting me and my chickens!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well that is just TOO exciting Claire. I'm sure Lingernot speaks llama so we can learn more about the spitting thing too. I am not on the list. I am a cheerleader and now a Banana Slug fan too ^_^ My winter fairys are also standing by if there is a need for any northern rescue missions.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Boy with a Banana Slug watching over Lingernot what can go wrong?

Eugene, OR

dahlianut....poor kitty. But I bet that was funny to see LOL.

Didn't do much today. I woke up with a sore throat, Lingernot was helping with orange juice, Airborne and echinacea. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Chickens sound fun. a Llama too? Now that would be interesting.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I am very glad you have Lingernot to take care of you. Just do as he says and I am sure you will be up and about soon.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I think he will be to tuckered out when he gets here. My house is going to be boring I am afraid.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Chickens, goats, sheep and llamas. And a greyhound. Lingernot will meet them all and surely enjoy his discussions with them on their relations with the local gnome population.

Eugene, OR

Hi Everyone, don't give up on me. Turns out it wasn't the mouse that was my problem, it's my server. Everytime I try to upload something it locks up. Service people coming tomorrow.

And a greyhound!! What fun he is going to be. He has been very good at helping me deal with my cold (I hate winter colds) DH even made me chicken soup today.^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Be well SallyOR. We can wait. Get better and ban the puter gremlins!

Eugene, OR

My mom's friend Milly came over today to entertain Lingernot since I wasn't feeling well. They had a nice chat and he learned all about embroidery. He praised her work so much, she blushed!

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Hurray!! I got one sent. He also spent time with my garden friends. They are a fun bunch and have been behaving very well (most unusual) and doing their best to keep him company.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Looks like too much fun to me with the gang,

Eugene, OR

The sun came out this afternoon, so we took a ride back to the river (didn't want to walk in the cold). He really enjoyed that. The birds were tweeting and the river was bubbling, very peaceful indeed.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

I know Dahlianut and I can't believe how good they've been. Maybe they don't want to embarass me in front of company. LOL They'll probably pay me back later.

Here's another view of the river, one of my favorite places to sit.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

How beautiful is the river sigh. Lucky, lucky Lingernot.

Beautiful pics of river, lucky Lingernot gets to sit in your favorite place with you. Happy to see he is enjoying himself and meeting such wonderful friends.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Lingernot is having so much fun and meeting the locals!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Lingernot looks like he’s having such a great time! Sally, I’m glad to hear he is taking good care of you while you’re sick. He really is a thoughtful gnome. That river is beautiful, lovely shots :-)

Eugene, OR

Thanks everyone, I'm still sniffling but better. I am having a problem though. I can't get hold of the next person on the list. No response to dmail. What do I do now? As much as I like having Lingernot here, he is promised to other people.

Eugene, OR

Hi again, since I haven't received any response, I've gone to the next person and sent them a dmail. More later.

Lingernot is taking a slight detour on his travels, but he must carry on and meet more of the DGers who are waiting. I hope he doesn't feel bad that someone is missing out on a great visit. Have a safe journey!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.