۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #8

Eugene, OR

We had one last trip to take. To meet a new special friend. First a look at the decorations in a small courtyard at a local mall.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Next we stopped by the DUCK Store. The University of Oregon's mascot is a duck you see. And this being a college town, we are very supportive of our team. The best time to go shopping here is during a game, the streets are empty. But DON'T get stuck in the post game traffic. Civil War (U of O vs Oregon State) games were two weeks ago (Ducks won!!), the game was away, but the streets were still empty because everyone had gone to Albany. Even if you don't go or watch at home, not to worry...almost anywhere you go in town has a radio or TV going. Lingernot was very impressed by the enthusiasm of the people.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

But is Lingernot a Beaver or a Duck? He's wearing green AND orange....

Eugene, OR

Our very helpful clerk, who was very interested in Lingernot's travels gave a bird's eye view of some of their mementos. And Lingernot picked up a souvenir to take home with him.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Depends on which town he's in. Hee Hee Hee He's always supportive.

Eugene, OR

Then we went on the main reason for our visit. Five years ago someone came up with the idea to build some statuary (significant statuary) and auction them off for local charities. They wanted something to represent not only the state but Eugene as well. It was a huge success. The statues were even featured in an Art and Wine Festival. Now they are displayed around town by the people who won the auctions.

This one is known as A Touch of Oregon.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

My DH is such a trooper. It was really cold that day. Here they are having a discussion. Lingernot was very interested in the whole idea. The duck was telling him all about hanging out at the mall and people watching all day. Of course he does have to pose for pictures a lot, but finds it very enjoyable.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Then we went around the corner to see the Aztec Duck.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Giant ducks!!! Cool!! Good thing DH is helping as I bet Lingernot is a little nervous after the seagull incident.

Eugene, OR

This web site has a really nice article, scroll down to Ducks on Parade.

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/welcome-back-broadway-october-2002-eugene-oregon-travel-guide.html

Here's closer up of the Aztec Duck.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That is so neat Sally. We did 'cows' for charity http://members.shaw.ca/picscandlish/cow.htm

Unfortunately they were later taken away as no one wanted to maintain them :( There are a few still here and there though.

Eugene, OR

I read about that, I'll have to check it later, my puter won't let look right now. arghhhhh!

He's really getting around! After seeing him with the Christmas lights in the background, it occurs to me that he may want to wear a little sign that says , 'I'm a gnome - not an elf'. Otherwise, some Santa's helper might try to recruit him.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

:O Good point pixiedish. Maybe that's what happened to Staynot :O

Eugene, OR

Those cows are just too funny, glad there's still some around. Have heard from nanniepb, she's leaving to go out of town for the holidays, still waiting to hear from Pamgarden. In the meantime I will be enjoying Lingernot's company. He's such a nice little fellow, a wonderful house guest.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I bet Lingernot is happy to still be with you Sally_OR. Beautiful river and cool ducks. You know all I'm thinking that there should be a send Dahlianut thread next year. I'm pretty small. I can be shipped pretty cheap. Just a thought.

Eugene, OR

I'm up for that. You can stop here first!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O wow. Wait I'm not a gnome :( ( Note to self: work on a gnome desguise )

Eugene, OR

ROTFL This I have to see.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I LOVE those ducks, and your DH looks like such a good sport about posing with gnomes and giant ducks. LOL. I'm sure Lingernot won't mind hanging out with you a little bit longer at all :-)

Dahlia, I think you should just put on your banana slug tee and cap/tartan flannel pjs/gum boots or pink flip flops outfit, and head on out. You can stop here too, and meet your slimy yellow buddies.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Staying in the same outfit you could travel on to Florida and we will find you some flamingos.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Lingernot should speak pretty good bird by now. He has some interesting friends. He is going to have to take a very long nap once he gets home.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I can't wait to see him speak llama when he visits CMoxon. Looking forward to his visit to IN too. I haven't been there since I was a seedling.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Dahlianut if you haven't been here for a while I bet it has changed some. It is growing up to much for me.
Llama boy I wonder what he will think of that.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm from Indiana also. Carlisle! Last went through in '94. Before that '48. Beautiful country.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I will see if this works. Wrong picture. These are my Lilliput houses.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Sorry these are on their sides. These are my new fairies.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

2nd one. One more

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

They are the same size as Lingernot.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh those are really nice Willowwind 2. Love the cottages.

Eugene, OR

Well, I've heard from Pamgarden and she can't host Lingernot either. So I've dmailed the next person. Somewhere, someone is waiting for him. Things might get interesting here in the next few days. We've got a weather front coming in that sounds pretty nasty. Lingernot will probably get his first snow of the season. Maybe he can build a snowgnome!

Willow, Lingernot thinks your fairies look like they would have very interesting tales to tell.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice fairies WW.

Sally....the holiday season is a bad mailing time. If you don't find the next person soon; then maybe you could send him home to Pixy for Christmas!! I am sure his family is missing him during the holidays. We could see pictures of how he usually spends Christmas.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Pretty faries, Willow. Love that cottage tree, great way to display them.

His home is with me in Oregon, I'm his momma. Send him back to me if no one else responds!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

In case it gets to me, I can't host him until after December 30....just letting you know ahead of time!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Is he going to get to me at all?

Just don't send him to someone that isn't responding. We don't want to lose him like Staynot!!!
PLEASE!!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Oops sorry B-Beth!! Got my gnomes mommas mixed up! Pixy had sent out one I hosted! We thank you for letting him roam the country; and you are right, we don't want to loose him!

When ever he does arrive somewhere else, please start a new This one is very slow, even with DSL.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Looks like Lingernot will be home with "mama" for Christmas. He can always continue his journey if he wishes after the holiday season. "Home for Christmas" does sound good to me.

Pegi

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Glad you like the fairies. They are on the Christmas tree this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.