۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #8

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well I hope Lingernot has a wonderful Christmas with mom. A Winter Fairy and one of the 3 Wise Bears wish Lingernot a very joyous holiday (I think I need a tripod for night shots, hm?)

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oo Dahlianut! I love the bear!! Will he be joining the winter solstice chicken celebration?

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

you can send him to me early any time you want.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They are 3 lifesize bears that move around. They will be waving hankies during the celebratory dancing.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Fairies and bears too…very neat! Okay now, what is a winter solstice chicken celebration? Is it some sort of chicken party? Can banana slugs participate, or is it only for chickens and bears?

I’m looking forward to seeing Lingernot’s next adventure :-). Where oh where will he end up for Christmas?

would be nice if he could be here for CookieFest next weekend. HINT HINT.

ha. I'll wait my turn though.

Eugene, OR

♪♪ Happy Birthday To You ♪♪ Mrs_Ed Hope you have a wonderful day!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Mrs_Ed is a wonderful photographer; I know that from the butterfly forum!! If Lingernot ends up there we will see some great shots of the Cookiefest (whatever that is); sounds good for sure!!!

I wish each of you and your families a slower paced Christmas Season this year. Enjoy your time with your loved ones and friends.... and no stressing over the material things of life!
Sheila

Thanks Sally and Shelia too. Oooo, CookieFest: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1868/

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh no, Mrs_Ed, I just gained 15 pounds just looking at that siter!! Happy Birthday.

Where or where will Lingernot spend Christmas?

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

What a popular little gnome, everyone wants him to spend Christmas with Lingernot. Who will it be..................back home to "mama" or on to more adventures? Stay tuned, answer will come shortly.

Pegi

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Mrs Ed.. If Lingernot can't come in time for Cookiefest.. I will volunteer to come. YUM! :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dahlianot the Dahlia Gnome would be pleased to come for cookies (still working on my gnome disguise tee hee)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I wish I was on your mailing list to receive the homade cookies!!!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I went to Poulsbo shopping today. It is the town I grew up in and there are many people of Swedish and Norweigen descent there. I walked into one store and there on a table watching everyone who came it was a little gnome. He slyly winked and waved to me so I went over to introduce myself and tell him of Lingernot's story. He was very excited and said his name was Thoughtnot and they might be related. So I asked if he would like to come home with me and he said "YES. I've been waiting for someone to get me out in the world again. So I now have a new friend. He was excited to meet the animals and my DH and DM. He thinks he will be happy here and tomorrow we will expore and take pictures.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You took him out just in time to enjoy the Christmas season with your family! That is so sweet; I look forward to the pictures!

LOL all!! wish you could all come for a big ole' cookie party!!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday Mrs Ed!!!

(Please pass the cookies over here too ;-)

Willow, glad you found a new friend!

Waiting to see Thoughtnot, so glad he got a new home for the holidays.

Cold here, not used to this kind of weather. Had to go out and check on my brugs, they didn't seem to be affected by the cold. I may have to bring in my plumeria if this kind of weather keeps up.

Happ Birthday Mrs_Ed, you can send cookies my way any time. LOL

Do you think Thoughtnot could be a brother and they were separated at birth? Humm will interesting to find out. While you are passing cookies, please don't forget those of us in the south. LOL

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Funny, I was just watching HGTV and they were having a party and each guest was asked to bring a tray of their favorite cookies. They had so many trays it was mind boggling!!
That would be a great idea for a neighborhood party; it would be a great way for everyone to meet. Recipes and stories would be great ice breakers too. But all the leftover cookies would be dangerous for my weight loss!!! I would have to ask that they each take at least one plate of cookies home!

This message was edited Dec 14, 2008 12:25 PM

Oh that would indeed be fun--just wish I lived in a neighborhood I could do that in. HUmm, do you think the wild animals would like to participate?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh, I think most animals like cookies. My cat likes some flavors of Jelly Bellies. We have about 2" of snow this morning and it is beautiful. I will get pictures posted this afternoon.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

This is the first and only picture I took today. But this is Thoughtnot and he says he is happy to stay under the tree until I have more time and the snow goes away.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

He is standing beside the Claus" and very near the new fairys and they are going to have a tea party and stay in and be warm.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2008 2:50 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

This is what it looked like at our house this morning.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And looking up our road.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Oh Willowwind2 thanks for posting those. What beautiful views. Oh, I see you collect Jim Shore also? Don't you just love his works? HUmm, wouldn't it be nice he was to do a gnome for us.

Those cookie parties are fun. I've hosted a couple of cookie exchanges, where you bring 1/2 dozen cookies for each guest, along with the written recipes. you get great variety.

Beautiful Willow!

I saw a St. Gnicholas Gnome the other day. He was whispering my name softly, but I had to ignore him for the time being as the baseball gnomes have made me promise to bring them to the house first.

Eugene, OR

Beautiful pictures Willow! You could use those on Christmas cards. Thoughtnot is a very handsome gnome indeed.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Willow.....burrrrr!!!!
Hope you will not loose your electricity with all of that.
Thoughtnot is a fine looking chap for sure; and does favor Lingernot a lot. I love your decorations; great crafted piece.
Mrs Ed....That 1/2 dozen per person could end up will dozens for each person to take home!!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We have underground wires up here but lose our power a lot. Of course all the wires that come to our system are through the trees. Here is another one of the other side of my house. It is the 12th hole on our golfcourse. In the '96 ice storm we had 13" of snow and no power or water for 6 days. We could get out and go to the store, but having animals we couldn't leave for long. It was an adventure.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2008 5:33 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

still beautiful willow. I can't believe you have so much snow there.

Shelia, yah, you bring home as many as you take, but bring home more variety.

I'm so excited that Lingernot is going to come visit me before the holidays. He surely will indulge in cookies, but I'll make him do some exercising too.

Thoughtnot is one handsome fellow. So happy he found a good home and will have a lot of company. Love the pictures, snow is so pretty and I prefer seeing it from inside a nice warm house.

Lingernot going to spend holidays in Illinois with Mrs_Ed, how super.

Eugene, OR

Lingernot is spending his time saying goodbye and anticipating his next adventure. He wanted to take a look at my watering globe on my Anthurium. Considering we are in the Aroids forum.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

And here he is, all tucked in with his new afghan and his traveling companion. Ready for the next adventure. He has been an excellant visitor and we wish him well.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Now I have to go have a talk with my clan and find out what went on while I was sick.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sally, Lingernot & the BeeBear look all snuggly with the new afgan.
With the cold temps this weekend it is the perfect gift. Something he can pass down to his children one day!!
Let us know what the faries had to say! I know my faries are still talking about his visit as the highlight of 2008.

Mrs.Ed..enjoy your visit with Lingernot. I know he will enjoy all the christmas cookies.

Lingernot won't be lonely traveling now that he has a BeeBear to go with him. All wrapped in an afghan, all settled in for a cold winter night. Very lucky gnome indeed!!

Sally_Or you have a great looking clan there and I know they will have a lot to tell you about their visit with Lingernot.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sally....The afgan is a nice gift for Lingernot, and will keep him warm as he travels. I hope you are feeling much better and can catch up with the goings on in the garden. The fairies look like they enjoyed spending time with Lingernot, he is a ladies man for sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.