۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #8

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oooooooo I luv mini roses. What is the lovely yellow with white tips it looks like santeelady? The dichondra looks very prettiful in the cements stones. Really softens the look

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

*peeking out from around a corner*

Hello everyone...we are still alive, just so super busy, I am so sorry for being away. I had no idea we would be so busy over Todd's vacation. Today will be Lingernots last day with me. He is getting ready to join Sally in Oregon.

I used to know the names of my mini roses, but took all the tags out of the ground...oops They were one of the first things I planted and of course I didn't know I would want the names then..errrr Thank you all so much for all the lovely compliments. I wish I had more garden to show and share, but alas, I am a newbie still. I can't wait to continue to see Lingernot's adventures once he leves little 'ole Santee ;o)

Waving goodbye and see ya soon........

(will post the tracking number when I get it from the PO)

Thumbnail by santeelady
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Lingernot is on the move again. I know he had a great time with Santee. Love your garden sign! See you soon, our little traveling gnome.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sunny- I just got the mail....what a cool sticker. So does this mean Lingernot is also an Honorary UCSC Slug?? woo hooo, Lingernot's been accepted from a UCSC Alumni...heehee!! I opened the box and added it, as he will be traveling this evening from the Santee PO all the way to Oregon :o)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I don't get it??? What was in the mail??? UCSC - University of California School of Calidiums??? Help! Googleguy knows nada as usual.

Eugene, OR

OH MY GOSH!!!!! It's my turn already? Hooray! I'll be waiting. My friends are waiting. I'll try to show Lingernot a good time, maybe he will help me with my Christmas decorations if the weather holds.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh whoops, I totally forgot I’d sent that sticker! Thanks so much for sneaking it into Lingernot’s box, Melissa :-). LOL at University of California School of Calidiums, Dahlia…I love it! UCSC is University of California Santa Cruz, and their mascot is the banana slug (Lingernot had his banana slug encounter in Santa Cruz). Anyway, yep, Lingernot is now a UCSC alum, so I had to try and get him his alumni sticker. Here is a bit about the UCSC banana slug mascot, and why I wanted him to meet this “famous” local character ;-). http://www.slugweb.com/slugweb/index.phtml Dare I admit that I got some of my education at this school?...maybe not. LOL.

Melissa, it looks like Lingernot had a wonderful time with you, and I can’t wait to see his continued adventures with Sally!

shoot, that link isn't going where i want it to go...try clicking on the following link, and then click on "about the slug" at the top of the page http://www.slugweb.com/slugweb/index.phtml

Eugene, OR

Oh I love that slug!!! And Lingernot a UCSC alum! We don't have any cute slugs, but we do have one sort of mascot that I intend to take him to meet. Rather a large mascot actually.

I can't wait to see who Lingernot is going to meet in Oregon!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Mascot?? They must hold slugs in a higher regard in Santa Cruz than I do!! LOL!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

.....and so the drama continues! Just who or what will Lingernot meet in Oregon? Stay tuned to find out.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

That is so silly the your school's mascot is a slub Sunny!! hee hee Our's is an Aztec warrior (well for SDSU anyway...not sure about UCSD).

Lingernot is officially on his way, here is his tracking number:

420 97405 9104 9654 2636 4046 0851 36

I sent him priority, so he should be there in the next couple days. I can't wait to see Oregon, I've always wanted to visit there. I'm sure he will have a good time with you Sally. Christmas decorations?? Oh yeah, he's ready for more decorations, he helped get all the boxes down from our garage attic ;o)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thankssunnyg for the site. I hope they ship to Canada as I want the slug stuff. The University of Trent doesn't have a mascot as far as I know. We do have the Math Society of Trent which is called MASCOT. Does that count? Are we geeky or what? (snort)

Sasquatches live in Oregon. The Oregonigones have confirmed sitings. Sally I'm sure hoping you're hinting that Lingernot will get to meet one. Cool.

Eugene, OR

Not a Sasquatch, but almost as cool. I told everyone he's on his way. They are very excited.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, it sure looks like Lingernot did! I'm enjoying all his adventures!
Lingernot's "Mama"

Eugene, OR

Just checked the tracking number, he has passed through San Diego.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

But I hear it is a very pretty slug. It is a banana slug right? Melissa looks like Lingernot is having a great time with you.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

whoooo hoooo banana slug stuff can be shipped to Canada!!!

LOL I'm glad banana slugs are international travelers, even if they happen to be on t-shirts or mugs ;-).

Would anyone like to receive one in the mail?

This message was edited Dec 4, 2008 8:06 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Can you ship slime over the border I wonder? I would luv to have a real one but it wouldn't survive here so I will have to have one vicariously through sunnyg. I can however have a VERY sporty banana slug gardening ensemble. I'm thinking the Tshirt and cap will go well with my tartan flannel pj bottoms and both my trusty gum boots and hot pink flipflops because shoes are important. (ps my DH is going to just die of mortification but since it's a daily event event in his life with me he will bounce back tee hee)

Dahlianut--the viusal is just too much! LOL I would say go for it--the entire outfit. Who says gardeners can't be on the best dressed list?

Eugene, OR

Dahlianut....just went back and checked the tee. ROTFL Go for it girl! Like abbisgranma says--the entire outfit.

Forgot to say...no Lingernot yet. Maybe tomorrow.

This message was edited Dec 3, 2008 9:13 PM

LOL

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

Lovely creature indeed....and oh so smart using the laptop!!!!

Eugene, OR

He's HERE!!! Lingernot arrived today, he's a little tired but looking forward to our visit. Will post more later, just wanted everyone to know he's safe.

I think that slug is adorable!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

YAAAA! Lingernot has arrived safe and sound. I'm so excited about the mysterious Oregonigone creature he is going to meet I can't stand it!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm all ready to hear about Lingernot's Oregon adventure. Pull up a chair and enjoy the adventure.

Yay Lingernot! (And yay for Dahlia, with her stylish slug-inspired gardening outfit :-)).

Eugene, OR

I'm laughing over the tee with the tartan flannels!

Eugene, OR

Sorry I'm so late posting, we've had a very nice evening and time got away. First off Lingernot was welcomed by baby bear. He has been so nervous, he was so afraid he was going to mess up his task. We all encouraged him and he came through like a trouper! Yeah Baby Bear!

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

After a rest he had quite a conversation with the wise old man who looks after my Gardenia Bonsai. They had quite a long talk and I couldn't understand a word of it.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Lingernot has a fascination for new things. He had never seen orchids before, at least not the ones I have blooming right now. He was quite intrigued by this oncidium that has just started to bloom.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

And was equally amazed by this Miltassia.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Last one. My sweet girl Pookie sat and had a nice chat with him. She was interested in all his travels and he was quite willing to tell her all about them.

My lads have said they want to have a party. I told them they have to behave themselves and they assured me they would. I'll have to keep an eye on them though, I swear I heard snickering when I came in the house.

Time to rest, more tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR

It looks like Lingernot is settling in well up there! Baby Bear really did a great job, and your orchids are lovely :-)

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey Sally & Lingernot. So glad you are back in Oregon. We all miss
you! Looks like you are having a great time! That Kitty is just beautiful!! Looking forward to more adventures. We are supposed to have nice weather for a few days. ( no rain anyway!)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A baby bear! Cool! I'm a little bummed out cuz I realized my slug ensemble will not arrive in time for the First Day of Spring Solstice Celebration. I was so looking forward to wearing it when I do my happy dances. o well I will just have to rely on my classic screamin orange sweater and giant bow on my head outfit.

Eugene, OR

Sorry about the slug ensemble, it would have been perfect for that event.....except most gardner type people don't care for slugs. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.