It does not frost here
(39 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I live in the Southern Hemisphere and it is now summer
(14 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Tallulah-You got your thingies mixed up.Try ^ _ ^ but leave out the spaces.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

but............... I always have my thingies mixed up LOL

-Susan-

(Zone 1)

Y'all are a hoot!

cececoogan: I totally agree, the smilies add fun to a sometimes not so happy world!

Nedhudson1: LOL. I'm in Daytona Beach. Titusville is about 40 minutes south of us and it actually is a little warmer down there than here in winter! Sometimes we Southerners are wimps when it comes to temp's below 50! I don't like it getting below @45 myself. My sister in Fort Lauderdale complains that it's cold if it is in the 60's! I laugh so hard when she calls and seriously says it's cold down there and I will say what's the temperature and she says @ 64 degrees! She and her husband are thinking of retiring in another year or so and moving up to this part of the state ... some might not think that's really far but it is a big difference in climate. They will be wanting to buy heavy wool coats and boots and gloves ... and don't laugh because I see folks dressed like that all the time here in winter! My family has been in Florida for 41 years so we don't really know what REAL cold is like, LOL.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I was in Jacksonville Beach FL one Christmas. Yupper I saw earmuffs and mitts. of course I was in my bikini at the time.

(Zone 1)

LOL Dahlianut! A Bikini in late December? In Jacksonville Beach?%$#@ Now, it is waaay too cold the end of December for a bathing suit in this part of Florida and Jax Bch is about 1 1/2 hours north of me! Did you freeze your bottom off? Did you go in the water? We do see the Snowbirds here in winter enjoying the very cold ocean! Not me ... the swimming pool water has to be in the mid 80's for me to even stick my toes in ... I ain't about to go in the ocean when it's probably 50-60 degrees! ^_^

(Deb) Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

The weather channel said that it'll be hitting 30 degrees this Wednesday.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Noper didn't even stick my toe in but did saunter around in the suit for awhile on particularly balmy days.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

plantladylin, My daughter-in-law's mother lives in Winterhaven, FL.

She has been trying to talk me into moving there for years now. Reason being.............
Where I move, my son usually follows. So her daughter would follow too.

I'm planning on moving north....................LOL ^_^

She will only come and visit us in the summer.

Can Dave give us a devils face? Seems to suit me better at times ^_^

And I scarped frost from my car windows last week

Jacksonville, FL

No frost here in Jax. Maybe next Jan or Feb., if we are unlucky.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

We just had solid little balls of rain fall here.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We get some nonkilling frosts every year. If I recall correctly, they're always some time after Christmas. On the other hand, some rain would be nice, but it might be a month or two before we get any of that, either.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

There has been frost on the pumpkin for a couple of weeks now. This afternoon we even had that 4 letter word starting with "s". Brrrrrrr! or should that be Grrrrrrrr!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

One night about two weeks ago it suddenly turned very cold -- I think it got down to 20 degrees and there was a frosting of snow in the morning to boot. But it has warmed up considerably since then and most of the below freezing nights have just hovered around 31 or 32 degrees. Later this week I think it is predicted to start chilling down again but it has been lovely and in the 70s, days lately.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

First frost scheduled for tonight. Been in high 30's a few times here but tonight below freezing in forecast.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Y'know Dahlianut - I've so often heard my mom tell me that Floridians apologize for the cold weather (she's from Winnipeg) and she just laughs. It would be shirtsleeve weather in Winnipeg, when Floridians are wearing parkas LOL

Guess you can always tell who the snowbirds are, in the deep south - they're the ones Shedding clothes, while the natives are Puttin' Em ON lol

-Susan-

Santa Fe, NM

First frost was a little over a week ago.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Steve,

Your weather is exactly like ours. Low 30's several night but today's the first frost. But you're in Texas and I'm in the snowbelt. What gives?

Donna

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Ours too - 28 last Monday in ABQ. : (
-Amy

(Zone 1)

Uh oh ... I think I've spent too much time on this thread talking about frost and low temp's. We are going down to 45 tonight and 42 tomorrow night! Really weird for this time of year in this part of Florida. I will enjoy it for sure! And Wednesday's high is only going to be in the 60's ... shoulda waited until then to mow the lawn and do the yard work!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I dunno Donna it must be the jet stream! LOL. It is supposed to warm up during the day though to 70's - how about you??

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Christmas of '67,I was swimming on a very nice beach in Nha Trang,Viet Nam.

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

^_^ testing...

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

YAY I can do it too now, thanks Plantladylin ^_^

Im in the southern hemisphere, and its late SPRING!!! Weather is still pretty miserasble though, rain rain rain wind rain. At least the frosts stopped over a month ago by now. Summer veg are being planted.

Cant wait for the long awaited summer and fresh tomatoes!

^_^ Lena

(Marymac) Statesvi, NC(Zone 7a)

haven't had any yet but getting around 38-40 here at nights could have some in just a matter of nights..they calling for a bit of snow in the mountains here tomorrow....not quite ready for the cold weather yet but its coming anyways....I think I should move to hawaii or something I don't like any weather under about 70.LOL

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I feel like a weather hog.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on October 27, 2008
95 °F / 35 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: Calm

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the 50s to lower 60s.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL Kelli.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

We had a cold front come through today and it was 62 this morning.........nice weather until it got back up to 90 degrees. I would love to have some cool weather but I will take our cool mornings anyway and be grateful.

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Tonight is the night!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I didn't vote because there was no option between "several weeks ago" and "any day now". We had frost a couple of times last week. Not tonight, but tomorrow we are likely to have SNOW!

Ann

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I said several weeks ago even though it was just last week(no option for that) Maybe I shouldn't have voted?????

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Another location where our first frost was last week, not several weeks ago. None of the choices were accurate for me.

Bowling Green, KY

WEATHER CHANNEL HAS FREEZE WARNING FOR TOMORROW NIGHT(TUESDAY, OCT 28). LOW SPOTS HAD SCATTERED LIGHT FROST A COUPLE OF MORNINGS LAST WEEK. OCTOBER 15 IS OUR 50/50 DATE FOR FIRST FROST IN SOUTHERN WARREN COUNTY, KY.

Laporte, CO(Zone 4b)

Oh- well- we had frosts well over three weeks ago and a couple inches of snow two weeks ago. Almost everything has gone dormant or died back (except a few daylilies and some columbines with a southern exposure). It has frozen good every single night since then (last night it was 23 degrees), but we are having a gorgeous indian summer week right now- it should be mid 60's tomorrow.

Kathy

And yes Dahlia- I have been wearing my mittens all the time except in the afternoon!

Christchurch, New Zealand

well I voted the Southern hemisphere option - but it isn't summer here yet - it's still spring.
And we could still get late frost, I planted my tomatoes today, had to give them a good long drink as it was nor'west & warm, about 25C.
That wind sucks the moisture out of everything.
But heard we have a southerly change coming tonight so need to go out & tuck my new babies in before I toddle off to bed myself.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I voted several weeks ago... even though it was just last week

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Steve,

Only low 40's today, but 60's by Thursday. Then chilly again. Roses in containers are in the garage - some of them in full bloom. I have the best smelling garage in America. Never realized that Gruss An Aachen had such a great scent!

Donna

Pays Basque, France

Light frost and snow on the Haute Pyrenees but not expecting frost for a few weeks

Thumbnail by 5teve
Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

^_^ now we are all trying it
It was cold when I got up this morning -but thick frost in UK at my son's house

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 10:05 AM

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 10:06 AM

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I voted "any day now" because there was no entry for "first light frost four days ago," which was what we had here. Then a few glorious Indian Summer days warmed up to a balmy--for us--60 degrees F, but today I see that a low of 31 is predicted for Thursday.
I see SNOW moving over New York and Pennsylvania on the Dopple Radar screen--but it doesn't usually get to the Cape until December. . . although there's always a surprise possible. . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.