It does not frost here
(39 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I live in the Southern Hemisphere and it is now summer
(14 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

wow, the first. Never thought that I would see that! Actually the first frost was about 2 weeks ago. Enough to make the hostas and flowers turn brown.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

we had our first frost a few weeks ago her in upstate new york

Tomah, WI

Our first frost was a couple of weeks ago. We have had frost quite often. Yesterday we had snow flurries. YUCK!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We had frost a couple of weeks ago, but this week will be pushing 20C (70F) - woo hoooooo - Indian Summer!

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 5:29 AM

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll bet if I go up and look outside we had frost last night. Another dg'er who lives about 10 15 minutes from me has had a frost a couple of times and I still have flowers blooming and not touched by frost. I'm thinking that changed overnight but still too dark to see,.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

TONITE!!!! Yuck... I need to put it in high gear today. It normally lasts till Thanksgiving but not this time. Grrrrr!!!!

Morganton, NC

Actually we had ours just several DAYS ago, but it wasnt one of the choices

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It been first frost last week until now...

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Just went out and looked at thermometer on the tree its 39* and no frost! The blooming white iris is standing just as tall and pretty as yesterday. The iris blooming in itself is such a treat seeing as it should have been all done early summer?
I'm liking it.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Frost? What is frost?

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm looking for frost when the temps reach 40 deg. and not before. Not due for awhile and it will probably be a surprise. Our frosts aren't the type that kill everythig deep down. They are usually slight surface things that are gone before you know it. Thank goodness!

Ann

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I wish.

Paris, IL(Zone 6a)

No frost yet but it keeps getting to the mid thirties almost every night. A few plants are showing evidence of cold but I haven't recorded any temps below 34.

Clarkston, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes, here in Michigan, frost has been whitening the grass for the last week.
Flowers are fading in slow motion.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 8:57 AM

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I said "any day now," but we actually had some light frost last week. We haven't had a hard frost just yet, but at least all the bugs are gone. ;)

Going to be in the 20s tonight. Brrr!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Ours wasn't 'weeks' ago, but rather days ago - last week - a couple of easy frosts and then a 22 degree kicker that killed most everything. However, I was walking the dogs in snow flurries this a.m. :) We are forecast to have snow flurries tonight and tomorrow night, but probably nothing will 'stick'.

I'm loving it, being a native Floridian transplant. Ask me in February if I still like "real" winter :D

Reading, PA(Zone 6b)

2 weeks ago was 1st one...and a hard frost a few nights ago...got my hydranga's and most perennial leaves on 2nd frost....SE Pa zone 6

(Zone 1)

Oh my goodness! 20 and 30 degree temp's for some of y'all already? Brrrr ... that's downright cold!

I voted it will be another month or more before we get frost but we sometimes don't get frost at all. Usually if we do, it's in January. I'm wondering if this is going to be an unusually cold winter for us. We are having a nice bit of cool weather for a change and I'm loving it. Our high the next couple of days is supposed to be in the high 60's/low 70's which is ten to fifteen degrees below normal for this time of year! And, it's supposed to be 45 tonight and 42 the next night ... very unusual! But, I'm going to enjoy it while it's here! hmm ... maybe we better get some firewood, might be wanting to use the fireplace this winter!

edited to say: At least those of you who are into winter already, aren't having to still mow your lawns, which I am heading out to do right now! And, I have a few beds to weed. That's one of the negatives of living in Florida, having to do yard work 9 months of the year but at least this week the temp's will be nice for it, instead of mid 90's and high humidity!

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 9:37 AM

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

It keeps threatening, but so far has bottomed out at 34 degrees. I pulled in everything yesterday, including my pots, many of which are still in bloom. Had to put them back out this morning, though. There's a cricket in one of them. Chirped all night!

Donna

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

lol at the cricket.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Frosts often hold off until mid-December here and sometimes later, but I sense we may see an earlier event this year. The citrus began ripening a couple of weeks ago, a full two months ahead of the normal cycle. Old Farmer's Amanac and other prognosticators are warning of harsher winter conditions for much of the country. Yuska

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It's in the low 30's F. here, the cold wind from the North is abrassive to tender plants such as banana and EE, ect. When those plants get frost bitten in my garden, then I know for sure when frost has officially arrived!

Yikes, I wished I lived in a frost-free region.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We have been getting light frosts for a couple weeks now but our first heavy frost was last night if it got as cold as it was supposed to.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I voted that I never get frost. I am allowed to be in denial. Any one who is mitten-clad already is allowed to be in denial.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

That is too funny, dahlianut!

Yep we are expecting our first frost on Wed.

We've had frost a few times already, but I just brought a yellow hibiscus into the house for the winter yesterday and its covered in buds. Go figure. I think maybe the corner it was in beside the fence has a little microclimate going.

(Zone 1)

Dahlianut: Mittens? What are Mittens? LOL .... me, who doesn't even own a coat. ^_^

I do have an old lightweight jacket somewhere I think, and I think there DH and I both have a pair of gloves stashed in a closet!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

We are having an unusually gorgeous fall (makes up for our nonexistent spring and summer). Usually we have frosts and very cold weather by now, but it is still in the 40s and 50s, clear skies most of the time and just loverly.

(Zone 1)

Southerner here ... I don't mind 40's and 50's at night but I prefer it to be in the 70's during the day. ^_^

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

How do make those little yellow happy faces?

(Zone 1)

Hold down your shift key and without any spacing, click on the underline key, the number 6 key and the underline key again. Remember to hold down the shift key. It will look like a little kitty cat on the screen but after you hit send it will show up as the smiley! Dave did this for us awhile back.

(Zone 1)

Dave was so kind to share his ^_^ with us all: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/830023/

I have heard a couple of folks mention they don't like the little icons showing up in threads. In my opinion, one can never have, or give, too many smiles! ^_^

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

There should have been a choice between"several weeks ago" and "any day now".We had a light,EARLY frost about 2 weeks ago,but the killer was last weekend.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

_^_thanks plantladylin_^_

oops didn't work_^_

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 12:33 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oops ther way cececoogan. kitty ear, line, kitty ear.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

^_^did it work?

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Yay!!!!!!!!!! it worked now I sooooo happy. I like the smiley faces. Adds fun to a not so fun world sometimes

Thorne Bay, AK(Zone 6b)

Plantladylin-I have a friend that lives near Titusville,& I keep kidding her whenever their temps go below 50.I always ask her if she wants to borrow my long johns^_^.I agree about the smiles.Great method of expression.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

_^_
hmmmmmmmmmm

_^_nope doesn't seem to work for me.......

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 12:21 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.