Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 4)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Maybe we could find a replacement cousin ( Shortstay) for Staynot to finish the trip so if Staynot shows up he can tell him about it.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Probably a good idea to call the person and verify before mailing him off, too.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Makshi, we must have been thinking the same thing about asking a cousin to take over the trip. I hadn't thought of a name but I think Shortstay is cute. I am almost sure there are a lot of cousins who would help out in a time of need.

Good idea about the working phone number also. So very sad to get involved and feel like you already know the little guy to have him disappear!

Staynot, please escape your adopted Moms miss you.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks I thought it sounded like a plan.

An excellant plan if you ask me!!!

I have some extra so I wouldn't mind loaning one of Staynot's cousins if Dad Not doesn't mind.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2008 12:24 PM

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I used to give people the benefit of the doubt.

This certainly does appear like he knew what was coming and predicted every moment with uncanny foreshadowing ..... "Things that make you go .... hmmmmmmm"

And, I quote from thread two:

Quoting:
Wow, I've never seen a train of thought this long on Dave's, although I haven't been around that long. I just need Staynot to arrive by the 2nd or 3rd of July so I can snap a couple pics and send him along quick, I don't know how well gnomes get along on Montana, but I have lots of mountain hiking to do and I don't know how well he will be able to keep up. I have to leave Portland on July 4th so if you think he won't arrive before then, maybe he can come see Portland later in the summer. I would hate for him to be stuck in one of those darned teleportation boxes on my porch for three weeks, then gnome lovers everywhere would track me down and hunt me like a dog to the ends of the earth, doesn't sound fun, my dog is reading this over my shoulder and he doesn't think it very funny either, so that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. So let me know if he'll arrive in time or not and we'll make other arrangements. Thanks y'all, let me know.

I checked back to that thread but failed to read all of it. You are so right--he had an idea we would be after him like a hunted person for sure!!!!

After going back and reading that, it sounds like Slipperman did indeed go in an extended hike and didn't get around to sending Staynot before he left. Staynot may show up later. Does Shadow know where to get a Staynot "twin"? It would be nice if it was the same gnome model for continuity of the thread.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Earlier this summer I saw relatives of Staynot at Sears; if I can, I'll check back there and see if any are still hanging around.

I am not sure but I recall Dad saying he was from the Kmart clan of gnomes.

Ah ha! Lari, Sears and Kmart are joined so it must be the same clan.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2008 12:35 PM

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I am not, nor am I related to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lynch

(Jurist)

:-)

This message was edited Aug 13, 2008 12:39 PM

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Did I miss something? What is WNY speaking about?

If you missed something Makshi, so did I.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh good I thought i was the only one..maybe they pulled a Joey and posted on the wrong thread, I've left more than a few people scratching their heads doing that LOL

....and you do that when you post on the correct thread! LOL

LOL yeah well, I'm usually trying to interpret Zekenese at the same time!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Maybe someone will fill us in. I want a piece of cheese cake. Now that was out of the blue because we weren't talking about cheese cake I don't think. My keyboard is sticking. DA_N.

Send me Zeke.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I am taking nap because you all are givin' me a headache. :)

I'm tempted! He's been in a whiney, nothing makes me happy phase last couple of days. He's wearing me down LOL

That was my 3 yo yesterday. Finally she pushed the limit button and was put in time out!! After 45 minutes (she kept adding to problem) I let her up and I got the biggest hug and I love you Grandma. Shocked!! Guess I did the right thing after all.

Sounds like it. Zeke is so stubborn, on the way home from store he screamed the entire way, I mean wailed for 20 minutes because he dropped his motorcycle on the floor and I couldn't stop to rescue it. I was a basket case by the time I got home LOL

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Charles Lynch was famous for ..... ??

Coming up with the "lynch law", meaning we shouldn't lynch someone until we know all the facts....

Ahhh that wasn't the page I saw on my first try with the link. I got an "are you looking for" link so it does make sense now

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I suppose it is possible that some terrible accident could have befallen Slipperman. It is tempting to jump to conclusions, but accidents do happen. Although the lack of membership is a bit odd....

He did clear the way for Staynot to be sent and he arrived a couple od days later.There's lots of things that could happen. So I'm worried about him and Staynot. I just wish we knew!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, just had an idea! Maybe Slipperman being an athletic dude, took Staynot to the Olympics! .....???? Now those would be some pics worth waiting for!
We can dream can't we? LOL!
Back to reality.....
Since I am next on the list, I will send my phone number and address to whom ever Shadowpaige deems "Lingernot" or whatever cousin is next, should come from.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Slipperman contacted LariAnn after he was back from his travels. Or atleast I assumed he was back being she didn't send him until around the first of August when he asked to be put back on the list since he had been skipped during his travels.

I did do a search of his address and came up with a name but no phone number...

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh sadness ;o( I sure hope we find Staynot soon. We are all so very worried, and I agree, I hope nothing has happened to slipperman either.

I'll be watching the thread and sending some gnomey "warm fuzzies" to Staynot ;o)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Any news yet??
Ole Heart and Ole Soul here are hoping that Staynot is safe.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

No response after sending the dmail on the 11th with my address. No Staynot here. :-(

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

I visited Sears today and all the gnomes I met there were abuzz about Staynot! I don't know how they found out, but when they saw me, they seemed to know that I had already hosted Staynot and wanted the latest news. Must be some kind of gnome communication network at play here. I invited some of them to come home with me and they agreed. Some of them looked like long-lost twins of Staynot. A few were adept at playing the flute, while others were clearly gardeners.

Pix, please!!!!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

I'll have to post pix tomorrow, as it is stormy now and getting dark here. The more mature gnome is going to move in with some close friends, while our gnome is busy getting to know the garden and Swingaway Sam.

Well i'm glad the word is out on the underground. We need to reach some gnomes in the PCNW. Maybe they could run a little recon....

Well I sent out another all point alert to my gnomes and friends to see if they could assist with this.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

They look very dangerous!!

Oh they are indeed!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The Fairy community here in Oregon are very upset about Staynot. A meeting was held tonight to make plans for a search and rescue team.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.