Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 4)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is a link on Henk's travels. It does make for some good reading. This one picks up after he has already started his travels. Then you can follow the other links.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/563428/

Eugene, OR

What a story, thanks for the link. I hope our wandering gnome turns up quick, I am so looking forward to a Big Foot adventure.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Sheila_FW, you might dmail Slipperman and give him your address to send poor Staynot to. Who knows may be he will respond to that.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Maybe he's on vacation? In Florida? :-)

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

I received an official notice from the Department of Gnomeland Security, informing me that they are now on the case and it is out of our hands. If Slipperman knows what's good for him, he'll drop Staynot off at the location they specify. I can't imagine what the DGS will do to him if they have to rescue Staynot at his premises!!

Eugene, OR

LOL I've got this picture in my head of DGS raiding his house.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I sent Slipperman my address and a plea for him to ship him on...his time is up. Could be there are computer or camera problems we don't know about; but the show must go on! Let everyone know if he responds.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Maybe I should do a background check on everyone else in line.....jk

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Have to contact GPS (Gnome Protectiion Services) to make sure we are all fit foster parents LOL

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Reading back through the threads I noticed Slipperman was going on a hiking trip about the first part of July. It was to last for 3 weeks. Could he possibily still be hiking in Montana?

A background check on the rest of us? Humm, must let the Fairies Forces know about this--they will help us out.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh man!! Tante Marion and Tante Joey... Beignet et Praline are so looking forward to treating Staynot to a a good old fashioned crawfish boil.

You'll find we only have legal mushrooms if any doing a background check. And we got all our gnomes covered by the best insurance....Mutual of Gnomaha!

This is making me so depressed thinking poor 'lil Staynot is missing! Did watch a cartoon today with GDs about mean people stealing gnomes and leaving gardens and yards unprotected. They were sucking them up like a vaccum cleaner.

A blue platypus came to the rescue and when it showed all the stolen gnomes I looked for Staynot. Alas no luck!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Me poppin in again. GREAT idea abbisgranma! I may be a tad closer to Slipperman than some so I have asked the Snow, Ice and Christmas fairies that live here in abundance to fly down and take a boo for signs of the boys. They're pretty reliable so I should get a report (unlike the fairies that live here in the warm time who just prefer to steal my garden tools sigh).

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

not only do they take garden tools, but also single socks from the dryer

:-

Good idea! Please assist us in the search for Staynot.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WNYwillieB I think the dryer phenonmenon is because dryers exist in a worm hole. Or could be gremlins. Gremlins have no sense of haha IMHO. My faries always give things back. My socks are gone forever and note the trick of buying two pairs to psych them out doesn't work. They always take both left feets in my experience ^_^

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

If Slipperman went on a 3 week hike, then he should not have asked Staynot to come by until his return. He did dmail me and request Staynot's presence as soon as he was ready to leave here. So the mystery deepens . . .

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Reference the dryer problem; I think I discovered that dryers come equipped with a small wormhole generator disguised as a second thermostat. When I replaced that 'thermostat' with a new, real thermostat, I no longer lost socks, and haven't for years!

Good to know Lari, that you had been in contact with Slipperman. This is getting to be upsetting as I was so looking forward to the little fellers visit in Havana.

Oh please Slipperman, release Staynot.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

1. Wow are there ever alot of Dust Bunnys behind the dryer cool!!!! 2. Where is the theromstat? 3. How come the Dust Bunnies can't take the Gremlins, they're sure big enough LOL (sorry WOT blush)

Eugene, OR

Maybe Slipperman took Staynot on the hike and has no 'puter with him, or can't get a connection. Trying to think positive here.

So, that's where my tools go! I never knew who the culprit was. Finnigan and I are going to have a talk.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oh totally SO. Don't you here the giggling?

Eugene, OR

I thought he was giggling at the cat, silly me.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ah SO fairies will fake you out in a heartbeat.

Eugene, OR

OMG! I wonder if Flower was in on it too! Those two are quite a pair. Now it will have to be a round table discussion for sure.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I just noticed that Slipperman doesn't have a paid account with Dave's garden. Anyone have any ideas as how he can post to this forum if he hasn't paid?

Wow no, I just checked and it's showing this one as a members only. Maybe he had a 2 month membership and it expired? Have you asked admin?

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

yeah, I'm waiting on a response.

This is such a disapointment! This was so much fun!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

No!! we need Staynot!! I have such exciting plans already :o( Gnomeland Security and Staynot's Daddy will find him, I have faith ;o)

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I get up to Portland now and then, if we need to track Staynot down!

I hope Slipperman shows back up soon or Gnomeland Security is gonna be the least of his worries LOL

I'm with you Jojo, have sent an alert to the Krachen--oops! that won't work will it?
Well the pirates have been alerted and I for one am going to tie "a yellow ribbon round my old oak tree!"

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

This is awful. I was planning for him to arrive close to Christmas. It looks like it may be next Christmas.

Has anybody tried contacting him by phone? Having his name and address, you might be able to get a phone number? Lari, Dave what do you all think?

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Dave (shadowpaige) is wanting to do that, but when Slipperman dmailed me, he did not provide his real name. The idea now is to get the phone number from the phone company, using the address. If he can get that, maybe we can make some headway.

Ahhh thats odd. I hope we can reach him. this so so upsetting. I do hope that Slipperman is ok and nothing bad has happened to him, I wish we had some way of knowing!

Well I just found his first name is Nat...does that help?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/836081/

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

The last name would really nail it down. BTW, this probably shows that each participant in an activity like Staynot's travels should provide the gnome owner with a good phone number in case they need to be contacted.

Yup lesson learned. I think thats a very good idea!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.