Haves, wants and oh please, please help me get a....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Miata, I'll look at the clump and see if one can be divided off yet... if not, then next year for sure, and we'll mark it so we know which one it is. I didn't have any 'William Guiness' seeds, so this one must have come from a seed mix. Oh happy day! It's really tall, too.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

You snagged some wonderful things, Gita.

Grocery shopped today and Walmart has the Kong coleus in big pots for $3.96, some large astilbes for the same price. Lowes has the double Knockout roses. Singles too but the doubles were very pretty.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart,
Several of the Ajuga I dug up and planted in pots for you are dying out.....:o(
Don't know why!
--Too much water from all this rain???
--Stuffed them too deep in the soil in the pots???
--"Crunched" the roots too much stuffing them in the 4" pots?????

I have NO idea! At least 4-5 of the pots (out of 24) I planted them in have "pooped" out......SO sorry!!!!
.My new neighbor has not yet moved in. So--I could go sleuthing and dig up a few more, but I would feel weird about doing that.....

I guess you will get whatever survived the dig and transplant.......

Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I doubt if it was anything you did wrong, Gita. It could be they're too wet or they just died back after transplanting. They might surprise you and pop back. Ajuga is pretty tough.

Anyway, I'm grateful for any that survive and appreciate you getting them if none make it.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I just came across a good sale on tall phlox at Blooming Bulb... and I'm going to order some. I think I can manage a few extras if people are interested. I'll post another thread to figure this out, since this thread is getting pretty long. Want phlox? :-) Please go here for details: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/847989/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill,

Off the topic of Flox..............

If you would have any pups of your Banana plants left, a woman at work would LOVE to have one. She is a great gardener and has homes here in Baltimore (by the water) and also a home in VA on 33 acres of land she and her husband bought so they could hunt freely--and built a beautiful home on it. So--she nurtures two gardens....I have given her so many plants...which she always, gracefully, accepts. Just love people like that! I have my personal "outlet" for extras of anything.....

Please let me know--maybe D-mail me.....

Thanks, Gita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm afraid I won't really know about banana pups by the end of the month. This is the first time I've let my big bananas go completely dormant over the winter, and before I know if the pups in my dining room are "extra" plants or not, I need to see if the big ones will leaf out once I get them in the ground (which won't happen until probably early June this year).

Don't worry, I won't compost "extra" pups if the big plants do make it! I'll keep them potted up, and maybe we'll have a midsummer get-together where I can bring them along to share around. :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hello from the infamous "Banana Killer" - one of the pups we got in Feb died on me (I believe it was the Tiny somethingoranother)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I couldn't keep 'Truly Tiny' alive a couple of years ago when I got it as a bonus... and neither could the friend who ordered with me at the time. It might not be you... maybe that one is just tricksy.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmmm, not so sure, the other Banana I HAD that I had managed to keep alive (I grew it from seed :-() died with Thor's help - he has since stopped attacking plants and using them as a toy :-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Well- finally got up the nerve to officially check with hubby on coming LOL So I can come but have to leave at 3 30 to get back and dress for wedding in Greenbelt that evening. Conserve gas, who me?

HAVE
Agastache blue and maybe white, many babies

baby lychee tree
red-purple amaranth from critter last year, babies
nursery-size carolina allspice, and three smaller ones- critter, and...
perilla babies- someone did bring perilla last year to a swap right?
Hawera daff -plenty o'bulbs- critter and,,,
blue creeping phlox, seven small pots-critter,,,jody...
Meyer lemon seedlings
threadleaf coreopsis- some common one that was being sold about ten -15 or so years ago- couple pots
WANT
turtlehead- jody, please, if enough?
wood poppy- happy, please?
-Robert Poore phlox- hart, please ?
-peach colored iris or other flower that blooms the same time as bearded iris
-ROma tomato
-some succulent trash from Chantells reorganization- except prickly pears that are doing great from last year, thanks!
sorrel, coleus- miata

This message was edited May 19, 2008 8:59 PM

This message was edited May 19, 2008 9:06 PM

This message was edited May 19, 2008 9:19 PM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Wuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooooo!

*happy dance*

My "bubby bush" isn't looking good... I may have to beg you for another one, Sally... I'll check it again at the end of the week.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Now, everyone repeat after me x 10: "thank you Sally's DH"

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

My irises are just starting to bloom, including some new ones... if there are any "peach" ones, they are yours, Sally! (I'm a fan of pink, but peach? not so much LOL)

Columbines bloom at the same time as bearded iris... I'm hoping to have some extra seedlings potted up to bring along. I'd love to have a start of your blue creeping phlox, and you know I can't resist a daffodil... don't have 'Hawera'! ;-)

Gosh, I'd better scramble to make sure I find enough goodies to bring you in return, with all these requests!

I remembered somebody was a peachophobe---
I have some new columbines this yr courtesy of critters seedlings last yr- a pink, a bicolor, a dark dark purple- but I'm not sharing them. I hadn't thought of them in with iris but you know- that might be OK culture wise. I bet I'll have a ton of seeds.
I'll be editing my have/want after I think...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh, I'm glad some of them made it! I lost so many of my seedlings last year... leaf borer was just a big problem, and I think some of them were just too small to recover from it like the bigger plants do. Is the pink a pale pink double granny-bonnet type? I had some "almost black" seeds and a "dark purple" one also.

Miata, I split my 'William Guiness' for you... you can pick it up tomorrow. :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I might have a crooked willow cutting that's struck roots (I shoved a few in the ground last month)... anybody been wanting one?

Please, if you see something on my list or something I've mentioned elsewhere that you're interested in, let me know and don't worry about what you might have in return etc... I'm happy to share what I have, but I don't want to drag along 6 gallon pots of obedient plant when only one person wants a clump.

Oh, I never did post that photo of 'Chocolate Peppermint' and 'Kentucky Colonel' spearmint...

The spearmint is the bright green one on the left.

Thumbnail by critterologist
Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i'd love a willow cutting!
the twiglets we got from the arbor society never made it......even after almost 2 yrs our aspen looks tiny & i used to have aspens sprout up all the time when we lived in colorado springs :-)
is the carolina spice bush the one that smells so wonderful?

#5 guinea hen just hatched.....this is day 31 when they were suppose to be 28 days.....they started hatching just in time before i turned the incubator off!

chicks on the way today too....busy, busy day with the little feathered ones

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just so you know, it's a crooked willow and not a weeping willow... I suppose I should've stuck cuttings when we cut down our poor tortured weeping willow recently (it was healthy, just a really unattractive bent shape)... of course, I'm sure sprouts will come out of that stump!

crooked willow:

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

that's fine....love the willows & looks like it has the crazy branches similar to our contorted filberts :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

that it does! I love it. I'll check those cuttings... I know I saw some green sprouting on them.

My carolina allspice smells wondefful- you should get it from a parent bush and not seeds as they may not smell good from seeds (genetically) I have two good size bushes and only need one so the other will come up and posibly its in the form of a larger one and smaller one(s)
I've been wanting to get a mock orange cutting from moms bush but anybody's that smells good -- I'll make an exception if you already have something with roots
Also see my journal- most thngs are enough quantity to share

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sally, keep an eye out for an TB iris named 'Feminine Fire'. It's very peachy-pink! I dug mine up last year and sent it away in trade for the coral honeysuckle that I gave Hart (kept a piece for myself, too). This isn't actually the best time to be digging irises, but I'll keep track with photos... Here's an unknown that I think is supposed to be a lost-tag named IB iris (too tall to be a DB, for sure)... center is definitely peach, but the purple redeems it for me! The clump looks big enough to divide a piece off for you this summer, though. :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've got to get that Phlox order in this afternoon, so if anybody has been procrastinating, dash right over to my thread and post! This worked out well for a nice little "extra" bargain for our get-together. Thanks to all who participated!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just a note about those HummZinger hummingbird feeders I ordered from Nottawa Wild Bird... I procrastinated and didn't order until last week, but didn't post because it didn't seem like anybody had wanted one anyway. They came speedily, and I love them! There was a "thanks for the order" note on top with the invoice -- and two mints! LOL, I've never gotten mints with an order box before. I like these guys. We got a "Fancy Rose" mini one for my MIL, and I was a little afraid it would be, well, garish... but it's really attractive, a nice ruby red color... now I'm wishing I'd ponied up the extra couple of bucks apiece for those instead of the standard ones, not that the hummingbirds will give a hoot!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Adding Yucca recurvifolia pups to my list - warning...I dug up the parents last year...obviously didn't get all of them b/c I've dug up pups....an additional 3x....LOL. They are nice low growing yuccas....but they do spread.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Anybody interested in a little 1 year old rose of sharon (Hibiscus syriacus) seedling? I decided I didn't want to plant them out in multiples, so I did some repotting just now. I have "pink" and a lost-tag one that might be "Blue Bird" -- please note that's just how the seeds were marked; they were trade seeds and my seedlings haven't bloomed yet either.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry to be so slow posting, but here is my list of plants I have available:

New additions:
I also have a few of the following:
Heuchera “Palace Purple” divisions – mine is in part shade
Angel Wing Begonia coccinea 'My Special Angel' (plug) http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=B3116-2
Coleus Glory of Luxembourg (plug) http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=65_79&products_id=700
Coleus Kingwood Carnival (plug) http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=917

---
Ajuga -- plain old green (including some for Hart)
Ajuga "Burgundy Glow" (including some for Hart)
Adenophora Amethyst (I think it is amethyst -- it might be bulleyana -- I got both at bluestone last year and got the tags mixed)
Begonia grandis (including lots for Hart)
Brug cutting (Wrightie)
Cannas (Larlienda)
Carex grayii (see photo below) (including for Larlienda, Ruby, Wyldflwr)
Cuban Oregano (I love this -- Critter gave it to me -- Critter hates the smell) (see photo attached) (including some for Hart, Wyldflwr)
Deutzia, probably slender Deutzia (see photo below) (I originally thought this was a spiraea but have edited it to correct) (Including for Larlienda, Hart, Wyldflwr)
Ficus Benjamina (including for Ruby)
Galium odoratum (Sweet Woodruff -- some people think it is invasive but I love it) (see photo below) (including for Larlienda, Hart, Ruby)
Geranium (unknown, but forms large clumps – this was from my mom’s yard) (see photo below) (including for Wyldflwr, Hart)
Hosta "Gingko Craig" (small; this multiplies fairly quickly and is good for edging) (see photo below) (including for Larlienda)
Hosta “Gold Standard” (see photo below) (including for Larlienda)
Hosta “Golden Tiara” (see photo below) (including for Larlienda)
Lamium (don't know the cultivar -- it was from my mom's garden) (including some for Hart and SallyG)
Lamium maculatum 'Purple Dragon' (Hart and Sally G)
Lemon Balm
Liriope (nothing fancy)
Lysimachia Punctata 'Alexander' (including some for Wyldflwr)
Lysimachia clethroides Gooseneck Loosestrife (wildly invasive)
Mazus
Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) (including some for Chantell, Noobie)
Sedums (Larlienda)
Spiraea “Anthony Waterer”
Stylophorum diphyllum (Wood poppy) (see photo below) (including for Hart, Miata, SallyG, Larlienda, Ruby)
Tiarella cordifolia 'Eco Running Tapestry' (see photo below) (including for Critter, Wyldflwr and Larlienda)
"Mona Lavender" for Miata (I only have one)
gloves for Critter
Reminder to self -- need to stop at Pennyfeather's en route; need gloves & $ for Jill; blue hellebores for wyldflwr, German Riesling/Spatlese, mini-co-op list, table, camera, pad & pen, labels

Please let me know if you would like any of these. I'm not sure I'll bring more than I am asked for, because of logistics, but I am happy to bring as much as I know people want (to the extent supplies hold out).

Here is Cuban Oregano:

This message was edited May 21, 2008 10:10 PM

This message was edited May 21, 2008 10:52 PM

This message was edited May 21, 2008 11:21 PM

Thumbnail by happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Sweet Woodruff (not in bloom)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's the Geranium:

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Hosta Ginko Craig (sorry about the fencing):

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is Hosta "Gold Standard" (sorry about fencing and hose in the photo):

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is Hosta Golden Tiara:

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Carex grayii (does fine in shade):

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Deutzia, probably slender Deutzia (I originally thought it was Spiraea Bridal Wreath but I have edited to correct the name). This isn't a great photo -- it is more floriferous. There are more photos of it on the Plant ID forum if you are interested -- search for posts by me in that forum with deutzia in the text.

This message was edited May 18, 2008 9:28 AM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Stylophorum diphyllum (Wood poppy) (not much bloom left):

This message was edited May 17, 2008 4:16 PM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Tiarella cordifolia 'Eco Running Tapestry':

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

oh, the spiraea bridal wreath & tiarella look pretty
sweet woodruff, any of the hostas and the carex grayii look good too :-)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok, I'll bring you all of those.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.