Haves, wants and oh please, please help me get a....

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart: In my defense, though, I actually haven't killed your pussy toes or prickly cactus, and the obediance plant is standing strong -- I'm amazed.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too! on the hungarian speedwell please. I just went and looked it up. I am always looking for blue flowers.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

This thread is getting really long to load... probably getting impossible for anybody on dial-up. Becky, could you please start a new haves/wants thread for the swap please and put a link on this thread? That would be a good place for us to all copy/paste/edit our summary posts and continue this discussion... I know swap threads always start really hopping the last week!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy, this veronica is really tough. I think you'd have to try to kill anything in my yard. LOL I'm sure I have enough for all of you.

I'm adding a couple of plants to my list now. Please check.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hart, I'd love any of the following from you (most-wanted are higher on list, LOL):

Pussytoes!
Phlox 'Robert Poore'
Rose 'Dorothy Perkins'
Clustered Bellflower
Veronica Crater Lake
Moss rose cuttings
Light purple Iris
Apple Mint

Thanks!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart: I'd love one tiny tiny piece of the iris, because you gave me some last summer and I can't remember which it is, so I need to ID it! I killed off the clusted bellflower, but I'd love to try again if you're willing. Apple mint sounds grand. Hmm, that's about everything on your list. Oh never mind me!

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart, may I please have one of the seedling euphorbia?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Yes, yes, yes. LOL

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

See, now I'm in real trouble. I looked at Hart's list again. Do you still have any EUPATORIUM coelestinum Wayside?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - Becky never asks but would probably be happy with one as well if you have another

Shenandoah Valley, VA

One what, Chantell? The hardy ageratum? I have oodles of them. They're small because they come up late but they won't mind being dug and they'll bloom this year from the little plants.

Happy, I got you on that one and the other stuff. I just potted up the phlox and got eight pots I think, a bunch of the veronica, a bunch of the bellflowers.

I finally got hold of my mom and the funeral is Thursday. I was slightly afraid they'd schedule it for Saturday, although I still would have figured a way to get the plants to everyone because it's in Manassas. Burial won't be until June because she's being buried at Arlington Cemetery next to her husband and their baby. So sad, they only had one child and it lived less than a day.

By the way, this aunt is the person who first gave me the clustered bellflowers and hardy flossflower and gooseneck loosestrife too. My very first flower garden was full of things she gave me. So it's been pretty appropriate that I'm digging them to share today.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Done - follow me over here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/850553/

Crozet, VA

What a neat story Hart. I have Sedum Autumn Joy that is grandchildren to the two or three pieces that an aunt of mine gave me over thirty years ago. It has followed me through many moves over the years. It hold a special meaning to me too.

I will take some of any of the blue flowers that you are offering hart. I love blue!!!

Happy, the artemesia has overtaken my place. I will bring bunches and bunches of it to share. It is truly invasive here. There are several plants that I cannot get to live for the life of me. Ficus is one, but I am willing to try once again. ha-ha There is one other plant that I have tried several times to grow and never had any success. Cannot recall at the moment what it is, but was having the conversation about it with my niece last weekend.

So far I have orders for:

Happy and Larlienda for Rose Campion

Chantell, Wldflwr and Happy for Columbine

Artemesia for Happy (?)

Castor Bean for Larlienda and Wldflwr

If I missed any one so far, let me know.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Ruby, which artemisia is it? I have limelight but would love some of the others if you have those. I'd like a columbine too.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ALL - this thread's getting too long for the dial-uppers....lets continue over here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/850553/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, hart--
What a lovely memory about the Clustered Bellflowers. Maybe you could work up a small bed somewhere with less rock in the soil so they can flourish--kind of a Memory Garden to your Aunt.
Did you see the picture of the Clustered Bellflowers I posted from "Longwood Gardens" ? See the link above! The picture did NOT do them justice! They were such a deep blue! I thought of YOU--immediately! On the picture, they look sort of washed out/overexposed.

Hardy Ageratum???? Is that the same I have that drops seeds and 1 million of them come up every year? I move them around--dig them up and give them away--pull them up and get rid of them---EVERYTHING! Can't kill them--no matter what!
They are so pretty when they bloom--tall and bushy! I just have too many of them coming up every year. They smother everything else I have planted in this small bed.
None showing yet--but--I know they will.....

By the way!!!!!!

I found something else I can share! I have 6 rooted cuttings of my Red Epis. I have no name! I think these cuttings are more from the skinny-leaved one, not the one that has bloomed for me for 2 years now--That has a flatter leaved one. I have yet to see any blooms on the skinny-leaved one. Great "scientific" way to ID them.......:o)
I will pot them up in 4" pots and take them along.....They have been rooting since last Summer.....all together in one pot. Putting out new growth too.

Please let me know EXACTLY how many people are interested in the baby Tiger-Lily seedlings. I have so many of them planted in large cell-packs. If I don't have to take them all along--I won't. Space will be limited in my car.....
So far I have: Wyldeflower and larienda that have asked. HOW MANY do you each want? The are small--a wisp of a blade--but will be bigger in a couple of years....maybe bloom sized--3-4 years?

Happy--I have yet to do my Camellia cuttings. Will do that day before I leave--and keep them moist. How many do YOU want to experiment with?

Hart--I am now down to about 7 pots of Ajuga for you. All the rest of them died out.....

Also--HOW MANY people are actually interested in the Naked Lilies? I only have wrightie and Happy down that want them. HOW MANY DO YOU EACH WANT? I have about 10 pots full--4 bulbs each.

Larienda----I only have 4 extra Daturas to share 2 purple and white double---and 2 yellow double. You are welcome to one of each--since you asked. If no one else is "dying" for one of these--you can have all four. Many people have already gotten these from me and should have seeds galore....IF they bothered to collect seeds. If they did not gather the seeds---they should have seedlings galore in their beds.......

How about the Pregnant Onion Babies? Larienda is the only one that has asked for some. I have plenty! No need to bring them all (they are in cell packs and still small) if no one else is interested.....

I am trying to streamline the amount of plants I would bring. My car is not all that big---Subaru Outback-----the incredible, shrinking Station Wagon.....

Please let me know everyone!

Thanks, Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Gita. I would love some of your tiger lily babies if you have plenty. The ones Sally gave me last year got mowed (grrrrr, men!) and didn't come back. I would love some pregnant onions too if you have plenty.

Yes, the ageratum will sow but it's really easy to stop them from doing that. Just shear them back after the blooms fade. I use scissors or grass shears. Takes about a minute.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Gita, I'm interested in the Lily seedlings. I've got my fingers crossed, looking a bit more positive for us to come this afternoon. I just don't want to get to excited in case this falls thru, sigh......RL is the pits sometimes.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...we gotta pick one thread or the other...I'm getting confused....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/833270/

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well I'm goin' over there Chantell. I just got outside to try to get things together and had trouble finding my own list :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Gita: Sad but true, I'll take each and every naked lady you'll be willing to send my way. I'm going to put them in the pachysandra bed in front of my house which has tons of room. But of course don't bring them if it isn't easy to do so -- I can always pop over to Baltimore to pick them up from you if you still have them. I'm easy no matter what.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.