Snow on the ground,and flowers blooming all around!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Why I bet you look good in the saddle!!!LOL
Maybe next year!!!
Wear your boots and chaps!!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Been thinking about this all day...lol. I knew something was missing!!! SPURS!!! Gotta have spurs!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes shining silver ones with a star at the back of it that turns like a wheel!!!LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Happy belated birthday Marcy!! Would love to see you all decked out in a Western garb!
Thanks for the kind words for Rimau. He is treated by the vet with antibiotics and doing well. Forced to stay indoors, and not a happy camper!! Well, we'll eventually let him out in a few days' time. Papa Kel wants to trap the predator and send him to another county.
You're not at work today, Don? Cold day today and supposedly going to be freezing temp. tomorrow.
Stay warm y'all!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh yeahh...on the star wheels that turn!! I can still see them...lol!!! I think I even had some of those! Had to keep up with my brothers, don'tcha know!!!!

Jaye...thank you!! Glad Rimau is doing better!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

I didn't take the desert pics, though I wish I had.
Been exploring that area many times. It includes Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, Mojave Nat' park, Death Valley Nat'l Park (possibly the greatest palce on earth in my humble opinion), the Palm Springs canyons, and Anza Borrego Desert State Park. There are WONDERS out there never imagined.There are caves, mines of gold, silver, borax, pony express routes and the tracks of stagecoaches are still preserved.
One can find 10,000 year old pictographs and petroglyphs made by the ancient ones, the Anastasi. The Pictographs are painted (often handprints) and petroglyphs are actually carved into the stone. The animals hunted are often represented and included fishing and the desert was full of lakes in those times, an example being death valley as being a huge lake, and now the lowest point in the western hemisphere.
I didn't take this, but I have plenty like it-

Thumbnail by LApalms
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks LApalms, keep posting more! Love armchair travelling.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So do I.

LouC

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Christi, one way to make your baggage claim experience easier, is to tie the handles with colorful long scarves so you could recognize yours among the masses!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Jaye. Haven't been on a plane since prior 9/11. Expect it to be somewhat different. Taking as little as possible. Jen reminded that she has a washer/dryer and we don't need to dress up. If I am careful, we will each have a carryon...maybe.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have been gone for so long on here it's crazy!! lol. Been having internet problems and until yesterday I couldn't connect. I had been off since Sunday night. Not sure what the problem is but am trying to put on some new software. I don't know if it's still downloading or what but it is preventing me from getting on the normal way. But I still am able to get on and am trying to catch up.

So if you don't see many posts from me for awhile it's either the internet or I am trying to read and catch up some. :~)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hope it works out soon, Pep. We miss you.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Maybe the cold weather has frozen the internet in KC!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Watch out, cause you could be next! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I was !
3* this morning Brrr Cold!!!!!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I would "almost" add another 0 to the 10º we have now I am so cold!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That's TOO COLD!

It was 48 high here according to my thermometer. It was rainy, windy, and chilly!! The cold just cuts right thru me! I could not live anywhere that is that cold!!!! BRRR!!!!

Those that live in the "islands" have the right idea....!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, it is way too cold for me, too! I don't think it got much above 22º today. I can't wait for it to warm back up, for sure! Yes, we should all move to where it is warmer! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

We may warm up to 48* this weekend,Heck might dig out the shorts and tank top!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I'd be happy with that, too!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Gooooood Morrrrninnnnnng Sweet Ones!!!
Nothing extraordinary to report that would cause any eyebrows to lift. Poor y'all in those frigid temps. I'm sure the chocolate manufacturers are raking in money right now with the sales of hot cocoa.
Off to help Kel...catch y'all later this evening. Pepper, hope the 'net is operating well today. Nothing like being cut off from the cyber-world!
~Jaye

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You want cold?? Yesterday it was below zero when I went to work. Wind chills were prob -10.

I am trying to get this fixed but it's a very unusual problem so it's taking time. So far I have connection so I'm not complaining. But I have to be careful so that it don't crash on me.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

It was -5 ° here this morning! Wayyyy too cold for me!! Has warmed up to the 20's now! Heat wave! We are going to be in the 50's ...come Monday!!! Yayyyy!!!

Christi....when do you leave? I bet you are getting really anxious??? I would be!! I been thinking about going to Florida to visit my daughter here soon....but I will have to go by myself :(.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We leave on Feb. 13th, 10 hour+ flight. Valentine's Day Jenny has all of us going to an old fashioned Luau, Princess and all. So excited. 18 more days! yaaaaawhoooo!

Lou and Heaven-
Nice thing about armchair travel, I hardly ever spill my beer.

Still raining like hell here, now we have a Pineapple express, relatively warm subtropical rain from the south. The snow level will now retreat from 3000 to 6-7000 ft.
Suppose to last 6 days...........

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well Christi, let's hope that time flies by fast! I certainly envy you going to Hawaii!
LAPalms...those were great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

It is a trip I never dreamed would happen. I am very lucky. If I had my way, we would all be going together. hahahah. Now that would overwhelm Jenny for sure.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Lay it on me - I can handle it!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, girl. Are you still at work?

Yep - trying to keep up with you all between visitors! Kids are here this week so the week has flown by so far. Might have to work Sunday because my co-worker is having all sorts of stomach troubles - hope not because we were all planing on hiking right up the old Hawaiian trail in the Iao Valley, would hate to miss out on that.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I thought this was your family week. Glad you are all together. Give your friend some Pepto Bismal and tell him/her you have plans.

LOL! Mailed off a small package yesterday Christi included a VCR tape of Maui just to whet your appetite....hope you can still play VCR's....
Off to lunch in a minute or two, will check in later all things being equal.
Aloha

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

As a matter of fact, I still have my GE with the built-in VCR player. Still have lots of family VCR tapes as that was the kind of camera we had. Also lots of movies and musicals in that mode. Can't just throw everything away because there is something new out there. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. My appetite is already over the top.

Yipes!-
Winter Storm WarningLos Angeles, California

WWUS46 KLOX 261759 WSI PPS:261759
WSWLOX

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA
959 AM PST SAT JAN 26 2008
...WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF VENTURA AND LOS
ANGELES COUNTIES FOR TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

.ANOTHER STRONG PACIFIC STORM WILL BRING SIGNIFICANT RAIN AND
MOUNTAIN SNOW AS WELL AS STRONG WINDS TO THE REGION TONIGHT THROUGH
SUNDAY EVENING. INITIALLY...THE DEEP SOUTHERLY FLOW WILL LIFT SNOW
LEVELS TO BETWEEN 6000 AND 7000 FEET TONIGHT. BEHIND THE FRONT...THE
SNOW LEVEL IS EXPECTED TO FALL TO AROUND 5000 FEET ON SUNDAY...
LOCALLY FALLING TO AROUND 4000 FEET IN HEAVIER SHOWERS OR
THUNDERSTORMS. AS A RESULT...ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE
ACROSS INTERSTATE 5 NEAR THE GRAPEVINE AT TIMES SUNDAY AND SUNDAY
NIGHT.

IN ADDITION TO THE HEAVY SNOW POTENTIAL...VERY STRONG SOUTH TO
SOUTHEAST WINDS GUSTING OVER 70 MPH WILL BRING BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS TO THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS ON SATURDAY NIGHT...WITH
VISIBILITIES NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.
Be listening the news for the mud slides in the hills as the fires loosened the soil quite a bit. Have a good weekend all!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear that! Stay warm and be safe!

We had sun today but still have water standing from all of the rain, but sure thankful that it is not snow or ice!!!!!!

We have jasmine in bloom and it smells so gooooood!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

La,does snow ever fall In Los Angles?
I thought it was too close to the ocean for that to happen

Jeanne,it was a whopping 58* here today
Warmer tomorrow and Monday,then winter returns again!
I have Indian Jasmine blooming inside!!!.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

WoW TM that is warm!!!! It is supposed to be in the high sixties Monday! Hopefully Spring won't be too far behind. I've had enough winter! How about y'all?

Hope you had a great day. Youngest granddaughter is here, trying to get her to go to sleep! Check with y'all tomorrow!

Nite!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well Thursday snow again,I knew it was to good to be true!!!!LOL
Sing her a song tell her a story,or give her a sip of your hot Toddy!!!Lol!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, at least you are given a reprieve! It's in the 30's here this afternoon and dipped to the 20's, supposed to freeze in the morning.
Noooo, no hot toddy...she's too young..but alcohol do burn off when heated!
Likely to stay indoors tomorrow again! We made some electronic purchases and Kel will be fooling with his new toys (that doesn't read right) while I will be screaming at him to read the directions!
Why do most men just assume they know how things work?
Turn up that electric blanket!
~Jaye

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh the weather was AWESOME today, and to top it all off, the computer is fixed! SO EXCITED HERE! Especially since I had to finish it! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.