Snow on the ground,and flowers blooming all around!!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

ALSO

Thumbnail by LApalms
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Just beautiful!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Beautiful pictures!! I have been to the desert before and it was gorgeous.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

LOL, no one knows what is going on here LA! Lovely photos, did you ever get as far as Sedona? Thanks for posting.
Aloha
Jenny

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all, here is a cute little ditty that Shaun came across on one of his forums. Gave me a big chuckle! LOL
All my fake flowers died because I forgot to pretend to water them!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Who knew the desert was so colorful?? Native Indians did!!!
Great pics!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Look at that!!! Nothing artificial nor designed by landscapers!!!
Thanks LApalms

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Just found this thread...HUH? Kinda slow at time....

I am told birds don't fly at night because they can't see. Only a few nocturnal birds have night vision. DUH!!

Love your pics LApalms...and TM....yours are always so awesome!!!!!

Here's a new brug bloom for me....the label says Pink Delight but I think it has been imbibing!!!!

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh How beautiful! I can't wait to have some blooms on mine!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol!!
Am awake now...soon an AA just for plants, all because of the obsessive DGers here! Uhuh..thank goodness you can't blame it on that bottle of JD!!
Beautiful color there Carol. Love it! Love it! I can smell the fragrance already.
Wishing you a Selamat Jalan (safe journey) to Mt. Kinabalu!!

~Jaye

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I think I need another bottle, Jaye! HA HA HA

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Bottle for you or your brug??....:P

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

A bottle for me, and a new brugmansia, too! HA HA HA I am pretty sure one of my cuttings is dead. :(

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

What is it? Root rot...mold...don't tell me...chirrosis of the pulp???

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Shoot, you got me girlfriend! I just know it started going limp from the top down, so I cut it in half with hopes that the bottom part would survive, and still nothing!(it was a large cutting) It was a No ID, so can't help with a name. I lost another smaller one as well, but it was from rot, I believe. All my other cuttings are doing great, but I hate losing ANY of them!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

A NOID is still family!!
And I thought I have issues!!! I hounded Don when I thought I was about to lose one too. I did kill that one...happened to be an overly sensitive Brugmansia Sanguinea, but the others are doing just great. Just have to remember not to get overeager and plant them in big pots that water can overstay their welcome!
Oh yeah, add perlite to your potting soil too. Moisture meter is my best friend. Though I was advised to only water when the top seems dry, sometimes there's still lots of moisture down there.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I have one more that isn't doing anything, but it is still alive! I wouldn't have any of it wasn't for my friends here on DG! Had I known the addiction they caused I would have been snatching them up when Lowe's and Wal-Mart had them on clearance! But I didn't have a green house at the time. :(

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Your Lowe's and Walmart carry brugs?? Not ours!!
Edited: unnecessary info!

This message was edited Jan 21, 2008 3:42 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, but at a much higher cost than what you are getting them for! Now I am pouting! LOL SO, how many do YOU have? HA HA HA

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello Everybody!!
LApalms beautiful desert pictures!
Carol your Pink Delight is well.. intoxicated... oops I meant intoxicating ;*)
Tammy I have cut the tops of 2 cuttings and lost some very skinny cuttings.
Jaye you are right NOID is family!! I have 3 that I will cut up to share in Spring.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

There she is! Hey Kim! :) I never said they wasn't family girls! Just that I didn't know the name of the one that is killing over on me. I don't care what it is, so long as I have some! HA HA HA I have never bought one personally, but I WILL!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Had to edit it Tammy...hope my preacher is not a DGer!!
It's an addiction, can't stop at just pink, yellow and white...
You got to get more double pink, more double yellow and more double white....then triple pink.....
That's what Kel says...they all look like a colony of pinks, yellows and whites!! But it's the nuances.....men!!!
Hiya Kim!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You are TOO funny! LOL I so enjoy watching the little leaves form and grow, but I REALLY want blooms! LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG The Asparagus Fern is still alive out there!!!!!!

Tammy that is just crazy. I had one that was HUGE got red berries and was murder to clean up so I gave it away if I knew it was hardy I could have left it on the porch!! Look at my Bromeliad... not bad for around 2$.
I think it is going to bloom. :)

Thumbnail by kimarj
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW, Kim, that is a BEAUTY! Send me a pup some day, would ya?! LOL
I had read that the Asparagus Fern was hardy to like 24º, but I sure never expected it to still be alive after the nights down in the teens AND single digits we have had!!!!

First pup is yours. :) I have to ID it. Did you get that Lowe's coupon?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

COOL, thanks! No, I had just used one that Shaun got when he had gone to Lowe's. That, and I was already a member to that, and can't for the life of me remember my sign in information and such! LOL

I thought that only happened to me lolol.
What did you get ?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I had to buy things for the green house we was in the process of building, so it worked out great. AND I walked out of Lowe's with NO plants! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I just spilled my tea!!!
Can't believe, you walked out with no plants...at least something from the garden area.
Was at Lowe's, left with a new hose, a pot and a packet of eggplant seeds...oh yea, more seed starters!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye, I didn't mean to put you into shock there! HA HA HA I have done that more than once, actually, but it wasn't because I didn't look! LOL

Such restraint I would have got me some seeds ;0)...that reminds me I need to go through last years seeds. I have learned so much from DG that I believe that I will fare much better this time around.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I did buy seeds the last two times I was there! :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Forgot to mention, almost left Kel behind. Till I get to the cash register....
Y'all ladies stay warm. Supposed to be in the teens here tomorrow...hope not!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Jaye! You all stay warm as well since I forgot what warmth is! HA HA HA

We must all stay warm, teens here tonight...got my snuggys on. Brrrrrrrrr!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Om my Carol!!!
That looks like the HG Brug I had a couple years back,took 3 yrs to get the first bloom.so I gave a huge plant away!!!Always that it was very pretty,just wouldn't flower enough for me!!!

Kim your bromie is a beauty!!!
Has it already flowered?

Tammy,can't believe you didn't buy something to do with gardening,then to come on here and spill your guts!!!LOL

Jaye,better make another gallon of tea for Misty!!!!LOL

Freezing rain here went to take the trash can to the curb,and slid all the way down the driveway into the street!!!

Look out girls it's coming your way!!!!!

Hello TM!!!
I think there is a bloom bud in the center. :0)
I really do NOT like freezing rain, could you keep it for awhile? ;*)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Lowe's, hose, but no flores, OH NO, tell me, that just can't be! LOL!
What's happening....hopefully not to me! It's cold; I'll be bold; Off to Lowes lookin for anything gold! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.