Snow on the ground,and flowers blooming all around!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

That is the spirit!! and a catchy little ditty too.LOL!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HA HA HA Best be spiked Jaye and Don!
Jeanne, wonderful little ditty you have there! :)
Hey, it did have to do with gardening, doesn't the green house count? LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL!
Well we'll let it slide this tim,e!!!LOL
23* freezing rain,biiter cold out there,I'm surprised you floks next state over aren't having it too!
You know the show me state???LOL

Kimmy your gonna get it tomorrow night!!!!
So get ready!!!
Jaye not looking good out that way come Thursday!!!
And looks warmer for the Tgal77 who's witty with the ditty!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Carol the brug is beautiful!!! Love the color!
Kim....pretty brom too!!! I was looking at those today at Wallyworld.
Snow here tomorrow Don....but warmer temps finally. I want HEAT!!!
And SUNSHINE!!! Well..we did have sunshine today, but it was plenty cold.
And no...I didn't buy any plants either! I almost bought myself a pot of tulips, and then talked myself out of it....duhh.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

On the news channel here local,they said there was 20 ambulances out on the road now and another 25 calls waiting for a ambulances!!
Emergency rooms are already over crowed from lots of falls on ice.
Car accidents all over the city,people just getting off work,trying to drive home in the freezing rain.
Be careful folks,it's nasty out there!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness!!! Sounds terrible! Glad we aren't getting that!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well Marcia,wait for the hyacinths to come out there smell better!!!LOL
Yesterday at are Walmart,they had Gardenias and they either got to cold or they forgot to water, the leaves were dried up and crunchy.like they were burnt!
And they still wanted $14.88!!!!,for a 4inch pot of them!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

My son said it was sleeting a little while ago! NASTY

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Carol, that's a real BEAUT!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I know Don. The gardenias at ours aren't blooming either. They have these fake paper blooms stuck in them! Oh...and they already have hyacinths in...blooms just starting on them. I am still looking for a pink like you had that one year. Sighhhhh.....I am SO ready for spring! Saw a friend in Wallyworld today, and she asked me if I was ready for spring. I told her, I was ready the last day of fall!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Can't believe I was rapping to Jeanne's little ditty! Thank God for humour. How many of us are like Don that has beaucoup flowers blooming for him in his multi greenhouses? Humour, to get us through winter! So here's one!

The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just gotten married -- for the fourth time.
The interviewer asked her questions about her life,about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's occupation.
'He's a funeral director,' she answered.
'Interesting,' the newsman thought.
He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living.
She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years.
After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she'd first married a banker when she was in her early 20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, later on a preacher when in her 60's, and now in her 80's, a funeral director.
The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.

She smiled and explained, 'Simple. I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go."

I bet she was wearing her blue suede shoes with Don's hibiscus tucked behind her ear! Lolol!!

Smart lady!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG Jaye, that is hilarious!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Took Patti to get her Saturday hair style,and there was this little ole lady,94 yrs old,still driving,look pretty feisty also!!!!LOL
I asked her the secret to a long life,she said must be in the genes,because she does what ever she wants,eats what ever she wants,said her mother passed on at 50,but her dad lived to be 95 ,her goal was to be a 100,and I bet she makes it too!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

There is this elderly man lives around here...his name is Grant Malone. He had to quit driving only because he doesn't see very well anymore. He bums a ride to town, so he can talk to people and get his groceries! He was telling Dave the other day, that he asked his doctor why he couldn't get his eyes to where he could see better? The doctor said ...well it's because you are old! Grant said, listen buddy, I will let you know when I am old!!! He meant it too! He will be 91 in April. Very interesting to talk to him. He knows something about everything!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wooohoooo!!!
I know I won't be one to knit or rock away just because I'm old!! Darn, I'm almost there and Life is here!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I can see it now-Jaye has a shovel on the end of her cane so she can dig her holes and plant her seedlings and plants! HA HA HA

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey Tammy! That's what I call thinking outside the box!!
Carpe Diem, mon ami!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I used to work with a lady that used that phrase ALL the time and had to learn how to do it working with her! LOL A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, right?! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

My 10 year old neutered cat, got into a big fight with a feral trying to protect its' territory tonight. This is his first major fight since I moved here. He has bad puncture wounds on his legs, hate to imagine what damages he did to the other.
He meowed so loud at the door, and the strange thing is ALL his siblings (2 cats and 2 dogs) ran to greet him...a first time! They knew something was wrong!
Will bring him to the vet first thing.
He's my baby...I had to leave my other rescues behind with my ex. But Rimau came with me....trekked an 18 hour drive and nary a meow. Just kept looking at me with his beautiful eyes as though he understood it's going to be a new life for him and I, with a new Daddy.
Life is not predictable, but at least it's our attitudes that makes it bearable.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh Jaye, I sure hope your baby will be ok!

That poor baby I hope he will be ok and on the mend .

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you my Sweet Ones.
I applied some anti-biotic ointment, but Rimau just licked it off! Unlike dogs, I can't give him any Tylenol to ease his pain. Papa Kel woke the vet up, and he assured us he'll be fine till he sees him tomorrow!
He's just about to doze off in his favorite chair, happened to be mine.
Catch y'all tomorrow! Turn that electric blanket up!
~Jaye

Nighty night!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

No flores, no hose, didn't make it out to Lowe's! Said a prayer for Rimau on the mend, Wishes of hugs and healing we do send!

Nite All!

:) Nite!

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Jaye, hope Rimau is OK. Sending him kitty hugs!

Marcy_1 ***Happy Birthday!***

Good morning everyone!
Cathy

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning all. Happy Birthday, Marcy! :)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday! Have a good, good time.

LouC

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Why thank you everyone!!! How nice...and what a good way to wake up this morning!!!
Marcy

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Hope you have a lovely day, Marcy.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Braveheartsmom!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday Marcy!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

And thank YOU Texasgal77!! So very nice of all of you !! So far, it's been a great day!
I woke up to an email from my bestest friend, wishing me a happy birthday...and then all of you folks too!
Then we are going out for supper tonight...to the steak house. That's something we don't eat very often...and it sounds really good!!
Plus, I have just been putzing around today...doing what I want...lol!!!
I can work tomorrow...right??? ☺

Happy Birthday Marcy!!!
Glad you are having a great day. :)
Kim

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well on this special day!!!
It was warm enough to grill a couple center thick cut pork chops!
But I understand if you'd brother have steak!!!LOL
These were juicy and delicious!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

MMMMMMMM Don, those look YUMMY!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Kim!!
Awwww Don...those look wonderful!! I hope you enjoyed them for me!! LOL....my steak was good too though!! ☺

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thank you and I did,and spike gnawed on the bone for an hour like a dog!!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL...well good...I'm glad you did! Well we ate at the Texas Roadhouse, and the lady sitting at the table across from us had to get up in that saddle thingy while they sang happy birthday to her...lol! I told Dave..if he opened his mouth...he was in BIG trouble!!! He didn't. Seeeee...he KNOWS when to keep it shut!!
And now...I am going to go shut my eyes!!!
Nite all...and thanks again for all the good wishes! I really appreciated them!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.