Snow on the ground,and flowers blooming all around!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Good for you Tammy. A genius in the making!
Hope the weatherman's wrong...cos I so want to start another lasagna bed.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh my nerves are a mess! But so glad to have this one back, for sure! We are suppose to have 60º tomorrow, so that will be great! HA, a genius, a stretch there, Jaye! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Jaye,have you ever known a man to read the instructions first????LOL
We look at everything like a puzzle,you know the same way we look at our women!!!LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Don, you should write a book of clever sayings. hahahaha

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL!!! Jeanne...you shoulda done like me. Had my gkids last night too. I put 'em to work first...gave them a hot bath...and then they went to bed. Went right to sleep too!! It worked for me!!!
Jaye..he's right. Men NEVER read instructions!!!! And they look at women that way because we are a puzzle....lol!!! Even to ourselves sometimes!!

Edited to say....Good Morning everyone!!! The sun is out here...it's 32º , and the gkids are playing hide and seek! I am happy!

This message was edited Jan 27, 2008 11:42 AM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Tammie, glad you got the stinking machine fixed. LOL.

Men really don't read instructions and when they do they say they don't make sense so they toss them over their shoulders and try to figure it out themselves. And there are always peices leftover when they do it that way. And let's all remember how they are when trying to get somewhere without reading the directions. LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Morning all, musta done something wrong cause it was totally dead this morning! :(

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep they always send more pieces than you need,but never enough pieces that you do need!!!LOL
Went shopping yesterday,bought a few plants,will get some pics later today,biggest nursery in town had 50% off tropicals,couldn't help myself!!!!!LOL

Tammy hawl off and bang it upside ways,thats what I use to do to my monitior,it would go all pink every once in a while,so I bought my a new computer last year with those 19inch flat panels,gave my old one to Patti,and it's been great every since,I guesds it's too scared to turn pink with her!!!LOOL

LOL. DId you buy out the store?

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Tman, what did you get?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Bromelaid,couldn't resist this one!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

One of those fairly new ficus,that puts out red leaves,I have a variegated white and grey leafed one also.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Been wanting one of these foir a long time,just waiting for the prices right!!!LOL
Aglaonema Golden Bay

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hoping someone can ID this bromelaid in a basket,looks like it has babies on top of babies

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Not sure what this one is whether Raph,or a epippy.
Also bought 5 4inch pots of Easter or Xmas cactuses,all different colors,but there not in flower!.
All that for a 50 dollar bill!!!LOL

Thumbnail by Tropicman
South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Sweet! Nice plant fix. Looks like you're gonna need another gh soon...

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Wow!! everything is beautiful and healthy looking. You had a fabulous shopping trip. :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Don, I think I will take that puter and use it at the shooting range! LOL
Man, you did great on your shopping spree!!!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Tropicman-
L.A. is dry-summer subtropical or mediterrenean and zones 8-11. It does not snow ever, except that there are mountains within the city limit with the highest elevation at 5,000'.Most of the city is below 900'. So the tops of those peaks (nobody lives there) do get a dusting. I understand that over an inch fell in 1931. I have never seen it snow in 45 years.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hiya!!!
LApalms, snow is not on my wish list neither!
Don, I agree, seems you need another green house. Somehow your warmth permeates through this thread each time you post pics of your trops. Wait, it's your wits too!!!
Tammy, should we start a new monitor fund for you?
Yes Sweet Ones, the inevitable battle began today between Kel and his electronics!! His excuse was that the Standard Operating Procedures were written by Japanese..translated by Chinese, meant for American Aliens!! Wait, I'm part Chinese and used to be a SOP writer....should I call this a direct insult to my intelligence??
Anyway, I am having a happy day. Got 4 lovely brugs, and one with a bud, so I am happy to stay out of his way!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Jaye, I need a new hard drive. It says we don't have one now! Darn thing!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Tammy, guess as long as you don't need to store data, and using Web based email...guess you're fine, temporarily. Bummer!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Just glad we have old trusty here! She is mighty slow, but at least she works!
Hey, anyone here that can tell me if it is ok to plant my small JRM out while it is nice? It isn't doing too well in the GH, and thought since the weather is so nice I would try to dig a hole and put her out, if it isn't a bad time? I posted on the JM Forum, but it doesn't seem to get much traffic.

JR=??

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Define JRM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OOPS=Japanese Red Maple

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry can't help you there. I got a twig from ArborDay and it's sprouting leaves.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks anyway! :)

Gotta love those AborDay twigs :)
Got me some Crepe Mrytle.. cute lil skinny babies.

I wouldn't put her in the ground til after last frost. But when you have nice days like this then let it get fresh air outside and bring it in before it gets cold again. It's only a few more months before you can plant it. Late April should be ok down there.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I have 11 Crepe's in my yard, they are so pretty! Wonder if the seeds are still viable to get?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I have the door open to the GH today, so it is getting a lot of nice fresh air. I will try to be patient, but it isn't my best virtue! LOL

LOL. It will perk up once in the ground but winter's not over yet. Still to cold to plant anything here. But come April you should be able to plant it. Just protect if it gets really cold again maybe.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, I will TRY! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Jaye ,you had me laughing until the tears ran!!!!LOL
Tammy,not a good Idea,things planted need to go thru a seasonal change transition,the cold shock would do her in quickly!

LA,why does no one live up there in the mountains,they live in Mountains every where else!

Been busy sweeping up all the dead leaves in the GH,and giving everything a good soaking,and washing the leaves as well.
BTW forgot one plant,and now I'm going out to grill a couple porterhouse steaks on the grill,63*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anthurium Hookerii

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OH A STEAK SOUNDS SOOOOOOO YUMMMMMMMMY!
Ok, I will leave her till Spring, then. Thanks for the info! :)
Now I gotta find something to eat since Don made me so hungry!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Tammy you have to agree with me, this is the only thread whereby we always return to food!
Porterhouse steak! Yummy..make mine medium rare!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jaye that is so true! Always something turned to food here, but oh so yummmmmmy! And I will take mine medium well! LOL And a big baked tater with all the trimmings, too please!

MmMmm!! nothing like a big fat juicy steak :P off the grill.
Hahahaha y'all always talk food.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim....Don must have a big share in Foods Inc. !!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.