I'm curious, what's your favorite movie and why?

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

it's not a beatles album, victor!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Ah! That life could be a Beatles' album, though!!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Has anyone seen the commercial with the lady trying to get the huge turkey out of the kitchen sink, drops it on the floor, struggles to get it back into the sink but instead flings it out the kitchen window hitting her husband in the back of the head?
It just cracks me up when I see it. I usually FF through the commercials but I stop for that one.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

someone just sent that one to me in an email, the husband looks like a doof standing there waiting to get turkeyed!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Any notable Thanksgiving movies?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The Mouse and the Mayflower. Hee hee hee

Oh.....and you missed Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving, it was on last night.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2007 4:06 PM

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I would say It's a Wonderful Life is really more of a Thanksgiving movie than a Christmas movie.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

There are thanksgiving trees in America? (re: It's a Wonderful Life)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!
~Jaye

Same to you, Jaye!

South Milwaukee, WI

I love the 3- ''Lord of the Rings"' Movies.
"Pride and Prejudice" is Excellent !!
And I love animal movies like-"Ring of Bright Water" and "Born Free"

Haven't seen many classic musicals named. Singin' in the Rain, American in Paris, Bandwagon, Carousel, Showboat, Fred & Ginger movies, etc.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I think one of the best Thanksgiving movies is Home for the Holidays. It was produced and directed by Jody Foster and it's a realistic picture of the emotions most people experience when they get together with their families on that day -- genuine affection combined with fear and loathing.

That could describe wedding day as well.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Could be Nixon minus the affection.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

That sounds suspiciously like politics, Dave. Watch out for the thread police.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Isn't he beyond politics?

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I think I see what you mean. In the sense that references to Attila the Hun and Hitler aren't necessarily political?

I wouldn't push it!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

You're absolutely right, Victor.

I didn't see Wedding Day, but I do remember a great Altman movie called A Wedding. Carol Burnett played the mother of the bride (Mia Farrow).

No, I meant many real life weddings! Wedding Day sounds interesting.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Hey Sandy- that turkey commercial is bound to be a classic! Love that one!

OK Dave47- Here's another one for you- 'The 'Burbs" with Tom Hanks - Are you still with me on this one?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Don't think I saw it. All I can picture is Neighbors with Belushi & Akeroid (that can't be spelled right??). I'll look it up later.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Diane, a memorable line from "The Burbs"..."Get your ba*ls out of your wife's purse!"

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

LOL And -'Hey-Pinocchio!

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Ackroyd

Hey, did anyone mention A Christmas Story yet? I was reminded of it today because of their yearly marathon of it. That's a classic!

Psycho is on tonight on AMC. I don't think that movie specifically was mentioned above either. It looks like it's Hitchcock night on AMC tonight - Rear Window, The Birds, and Psycho.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

The Birds was so scary, sometime after seeing that movie, I was babysitting my niece and nephew, I was in my teens, and a whole flock of blackbirds flew into my sisters trees - made the kids come inside and we hid!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I hadn't seen The Birds since I was a kid then a week or two ago I was home for lunch and it came on. Didn't realize what a good movie and what the extra plot was until then...then when it was getting really good, lunch hour was over. Ugh!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I checked and I never saw it. Something to check out.

I love a Christmas Story. "Shoot your eye out", the flag pole, the lamp. Great stuff.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Guess what? I've seen A Christmas Story - over and over and over again!! My DD#1 likes to see how many times she can watch it on Christmas day!! Eleanor

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

A Christmas Story is hysterical!

We watched "The Last Mimpsy" last night - nice film

Believe it or not - I finally saw it for the first time last year - and loved it! We'll be watching it every year from now on.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Whale Rider;
Philadelphia Story;
Caddyshack;
Anything with Denzel and Morgan;
Casablanca;
Midway;
A Christmas Story (holiday must every year!)
Lilies of the Field;
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Gone with the Wind;
Audrey Hepburn movies
Katherine Hepburn movies (the really old ones especially)
Good Will Hunting
The Bourne Identity

Forgot March of the Wooden Soldiers! Or the real title - Babes in Toyland.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

speaking of Audrey Hepburn - and i love her too - i just watched a movie the other night that i had tivoed called Green Mansions with her and Anthony Perkins in the rainforests of South America.
Proved to me that not everything she did was wonderful. wow.

She made a hysterical movie with Peter O'Toole in the 60s that i have watched way too many times called How to Steal a Million. It seems to be kinda overlooked. 2 beautiful people wearing great clothes in Paris and it is SO silly - i love it!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

I love to watch the old Christmas movies - Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and A Wonderful Life!! And then I like to top it off with A Christmas Vacation along with A Christmas Story and the musical Scrooge with Albert Finney! I also like to watch Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas that was a favorite of my kids when they were little - hope my grandson will like it also!! Eleanor

Colin will fall in love with Emmett, for sure!! No worries there!!
Morgan seems to be most entertained by Winnie-the-Pooh this year, while Taelar is happy with any Barbie movie.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

My daughter loved a totally obscure, so bad it was good, Christmas video called Rockin' Reindeer. It will always have a place in my heart. Danny doesn't have favorites the way his sister did.

Just watched "Deck the Halls" last evening.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

the totally obscure, so bad it's - well - bad holiday movie i love is called "The Worst Witch," starring Tim Curry and Charlotte Rae (from the facts of life). The Tim Curry (as the Warlock) song and "video" Anything Can Happen on Halloween is a truly bizarre viewing experience. (it can be seen on youtube. but remember, you were warned.)
And, if i remember correctly, the big prize all the witches are competing for is that he will take them flying on his broomstick. I am sure a generation grew up warped by this movie.
anyone else know that one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.