November Daily Weather, Time for a garden nap.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's raining, just a bit breezy and 46°F now at 9:40 am. 6 mph winds from the south, gusting to 11 mph. It's starting to get light out - sunrise will be in 6 min. at 9:46 and sunset will be at 4:38 pm.

Kelli - glad that you got some rain :-) Does seem a bit chilly there ;-)

Kiska - I hope I manage to get them all done ....... I have so many left. That's what I get for planting far too many roses! lol ;-)

Have a great day everyone!

Rann

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Dark. Supposed to rain and be in the 60s.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Light w/clouds 47°(F)

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 56%
Wind: 0° (N) at 5mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.27in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 29°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 54°F
Dew Point: 32°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 47°
Wind Chill: 45°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 44°F
6hr High Temp: 49°F

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli – “It’s never warm here when it rains”. Why?
Rann – Thanks! I’ve never heard of insulation wool. Something I’ll have to learn about. Good Luck with it!
Marsue – Thanks! I think your Fall colors are great!
Kiska – The moose pic in black and white is great! There is more definition to it.
Se_eds – I agree with Sidney – you and your DH are inspirations! A heartfelt “Thank You” to your DH. God Bless.
Sidney – Thanks for the 1-2-3 reminder! I knew there was one, but couldn’t remember how it went.

52.9 °F / 11.6 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027.0 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! All! We have an ove-cast morning with rain last night!:D A much warmer night! With the killing frosts that we've had the last few days...it's time to bring in my Elephant Ears & store them.

Cloudy48°F
Feels like: 44°F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 39°
Humidity: 71%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 8 mph SW
Sunrise: 6:59 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Deb, I'm dancing!....and I hope that you get some of this rain we are getting...we're supposed to get it thru Friday! :D Are those Elephant Ears? Such a Beautiful color! WOW!
Dyson? are you getting any of the rain?
Thanks, Sharon... I have no idea what that pretty little flower is. It's wild & down by the river. Your Marina! Pics! Wow! They keep getting better & Better! :D
Adina...I have Never seen cloud formations like that ! :D Wonderful! and Thanks for sharing! :D
Thanks, Kiska... Snow! :D & 'Meese'! I love the black & white effect! :D I'm glad to hear that the baby is still around....and at your house he will have plenty to eat! :D
Marsue...You've got some great color going on there! Some color is way better than 'none'! :D
Kelli, Wow! It really does cool down when you get some rain! :-O
Rann, please take care...and maybe with DH home you will be able to get a little more rest. :) The covers for the roses sounds very interesting. I don't have roses, but have been contemplating it...as they seem to be very hardy.

Todays trivia is...
What device do meteorologists use to measure relative humidity?
a) Anemometer
b) Barometer
c) Hygrometer
d) Radar

Have a Great Day! All! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Joey: pretty cactus blooms. I'm guessing "C" for the trivia answer.
Se_eds: I echo what Kiska and Sharon said about your DH's service to his country: Thank you!
Kiska; great black and white photo. P.S. are "meese" dangerous to humans? I would think so just because of their great size.
Rann: can you get that foam plumber's insulation where you live? winterrobin in N.J. told me it was good to wrap aroung tree roses to protect them during the winter. Probably wouldn't work for regular roses, though, because of all the branches going every which way.

It's overcast here but warm: 60*F on my backporch at about 7:08 a.m. We may get some rain today--haven't had any in about 3 weeks and it is getting dry. Nothing compared to the drought in Georgia, Alabama and some of the places where some of you guys live. If you need rain, I pray that you will get it.

I took this photo a few minutes ago. These two trees are in the yard behind the house which is across the street from me. You may also notice the little tree that is growing up through the pampas grass in their front yard. I suppose they intend to let it keep growing. :o)

Thumbnail by marsue
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The answer is "B".

marsue you have to check out:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/268893/

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, I thought I made a long post yesterday, but it seems to be m.i.a. Darn!
Joey: I'm guessing C-hygrometer.
Sharon: I love your marina sunsets. I can almost hear the water lapping on the hulls and the rigging clinking against masts. Ahhhh.
Indy: Please send your rain east and south when you're done with it! :)

Sunny and 46F.
Hi today 69
Lo tonight 43
No rain forecast.

This little climber is still bloomin'
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Dyson--thanks for the link on the "moose matador". I have been ROTFLOL ever since I read it!
and now I have my answer to the question: "Are moose dangerous?"

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I am not exactly sure why is is never warm here when it rains. It probably has something to do with the systems coming from the north. The best systems come from Alaska. (Here that, Kiska? Send rain.)

The wind is roaring like a waterfall.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 12, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
67 °F / 19 °C
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 38 °F / 3 °C
Wind: 16 mph / 26 km/h / 7.2 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 26 mph / 43 km/h / 11.8 m/s

DMIL is coming on Friday to stay for a week. I need to get the house cleaned up. Ah, yes, the glamour never ends here in Hollywoodland. ;-)

(Zone 3b)

26*F~~very fine snowfall; there's about 6" and this won't add a lot to it. With luck, it will remain from now till next spring.
Sunrise: 8:58 Set: 4:27..
kellie~~sure wish we could help you out; maybe later :)) The howling winds would not be pleasant; hope nothing comes of them.
rann~~windy/raining; hope you don't need to be out in it too much.
Deb~~the yellow rose is gorgeous; hard to imagine, though, blooming this time of year. Wishing rain your way, too.
marsue~~if the link is the one from weezingreens in Seward, it's quite accurate...the trees are beautiful, close to being finished for the year?
pepper~are you off today? It's so nice to be able to see the area in which you work and I've enjoyed the pics you've posted.
Dyson~~light yet?
m2k~~B~ love the gorgeous cactus blossom; very delicate looking.
MySharona~~I'll use your sky today, ok? ~~wow. Ours is gray but it is light out.
Lilac in winter bloom. (yesterday)
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Deb- I’m dancing too! Looks like you might get some rain soon.
Joey – Thanks. Neither of my Thanksgiving or Christmas cacti are blooming much less budding : ( The trivia question = A what?!! LOL! I am clueless – I’m going with the C because it’s the weirdest word in there!
Marsue – I love the Fall pics! Keep them coming…
Deb – Your little climber is beautiful!
Keli – So glad I don’t have to deal with all that glamour! LOL!!
Kiska – You can use any picture you want! I’m happy to share pictures of the area where I’m blessed to live. I love the lilac blooming in the snow!

62.6 °F / 17.0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Clouds: Few 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Lows in the lower 50s inland...in the mid 50s coast. Light northeast winds.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Today got to almost 70 before noon then temps started dropping and the wind picked up. Cloudy all day too wih occasional mists.

Kiska, I had to work today but have tomorrow off. If I remember I will drive around and take pics. I could have used the camera at work cause I really noticed the fall color with all the cloud cover. Didn't have to wear sunglasses for the first time in I don't know how lond. lol

(Zone 3b)

Thanks~~No matter how you look at it; the sky is gorgeous, MySharona..
pepper~have a wonderful drive and it's going to be nice seeing what's there.
Light snow;dark; 27*
July~~Wildflowers
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Light rain, dark, 56°(F)

Hope the rain continues.

Relative Humidity: 55%
Wind: 260° (W) at 10mph
Pressure: 30.09in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 43°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 73°F
Dew Point: 43°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: 11000ft
Heat Index: 59°
Wind Chill: 59°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 59°F
6hr High Temp: 63°F

Kiska - LOL! I knew I should have looked at that picture closer before I posted it! Here it is right side up!

DysonDark

56.3 °F / 13.5 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft / 1524 m

Now
Through 8 am...areas of fog will generally reduce visibilities to around 3 to 5 miles. Some dense fog is likely in a few spots with visibilities of less than half a mile. Motorists should remain alert for sudden changes in visibility and allow a safe stopping distance between you and other cars.

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Patchy dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times is possible early in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It will be cloudy today with a 30% chance of showers and a high of 77*F. We didn't get any rain at our house but about 4 miles away where my DGD goes to junior high, they had quite a rain shower for a short period of time. At least somebody in the area got some rain! LOL

It seems that our trees have finally decided that it is autumn. As I was out running errands yesterday afternoon, all the local trees seemed to have just "popped" with color overnight.. However, most of the really big oaks are still somewhat green and the others are just turning brown.

Kiska, that is quite a lilac "bloom". and I love the photo of the little flowers.

Sharon, I knew our world was somewhat "out of kilter" and your first photo proves it! LOL --another great sunset, BTW, or is that the sunrise?

Looking forward to more of your photos, pepper.

Tonight is the BIG GAME for my DGS, Zachary, age 7. His team went 11-0 and tonight they play in the SUPER BOWL at the high school field. Big stuff for these little guys. But my DH, aka "Pa Buddy", is more excited than the little guys on Zach's team. You would thing it was the "real" Super Bowl"! LOL I'll let you all know tomorrow who wins as I know you are all eagerly awaiting the outcome. LOL
Have a good day, everyone!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

it was 50 deg. here at 8 a.m. Very warm here in the mtns. at 3200 feet. We are in a terrible drought, in a place where we normally get 80 inches of rain a year. With the extreme drainage in the mountains, we are seeing stressed trees, especially the locust trees.
When I moved here 35 years ago, we would get frost late September or surely by October 15. Now it's November. Last year we picked a few raspberries on Thanksgiving. Tooo much global change
sugarweed, I thought you lived in Charlotte and here you are posting from Jacksonville. I will never figure you out.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Well it rained just enough to get everything good and damp, not enough to show in the gauge (or help the water table) but it is overcast, and they say there is a 40% chance of more showers today. Oh water where art though?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

We had a bit of rain this morning and then the sun came out for a little bit. I went out and took some photos which I will share with you.

This is a view from my driveway looking north.

"a bit of rain"---that's a really technical meteorological (sp?) term! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is a view across my back yard toward the big oak tree on the left. The trees in this photo are not in my yard. Right after that "bit of rain" the mist was rising between the trees. You will notice that the grass is no longer green due to the heavy frost we had last week.

edited to say that I forgot this was a close-up--you can't see any grass in this photo--LOL

This message was edited Nov 13, 2007 9:45 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and here is one more--a close-up view of the pear tree right on the edge of our property in our back yard. This particular "pear" tree does not bear fruit and it has inch-long thorns on the larger branches. We would cut it down except that it is pretty in the spring and fall and it is one of two trees in our yard.

Thumbnail by marsue
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hot and dry, but not very windy.

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on November 13, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
87 °F / 31 °C
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 35 °F / 2 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s Variable

(Zone 5a)

Good evening!

Today was dry for a change and fairly calm as well - so compared to what we've been having lately a very decent day :-) Got some more roses wrapped up, still have a lot more to go. There's a feeze in the maps for Saturday with some hefty winds to go with it so I'll have to try to get things wrapped up before that time! Fortunately my hip's slowly improving so I'm out of the Lazy Boy ;-)

Today's high was 39°F. It's now 37°F, calm. It was cloudy all day. Sunrise was at 9:49 and sunset was at 4:35.

Sharon - I don't know if insulation wool is the right term - it's used for insulation in buildings.

Joey - thanks.

Marsue - thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind if I need more insulation ;-)

Have a good night all!

Rann

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Rann: Glad you're feeling like being out of the Lazy Boy! :) And a calm day as well.
Marsue: You have some very nice fall color there. We feel the same way about our Bradford pear tree. It looks great for 2 weeks in spring and 2 weeks in fall. Otherwise...well, they don't tend to live long so if it goes, we'll plant something else.
Can't wait to hear how the big game goes!

Was sunny and 75 today. Only going down to 50 tonight. So we have a couple of days before autumn returns. Yay.
Now, if it would rain, it'd be perfect. Nothing in the forecast tho.
Deb

Marsue – Great pictures! How did the game go?
Kelli - I’m sweating just reading your temp! This is the most comfortable November in the area for at least the last 5-6 years. I’m lovin’ it!
Woodspirit1 – Welcome! I’m so sorry to hear about the weather changes you are experiencing.
Joey – I think we need to start dancing faster!

65.3 °F / 18.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Light winds.

We're going to get a bit warmer, but then cool down on Thursday.

Kiska - Don't look at the next 3 pics...anole alert!

This little guy has been hanging out in the shell I found a couple of years ago. Here he is getting a little sun time in.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dang - there's that human again"!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dang - there's that human again!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Maybe she won't see me in my new house

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: I love those little anoles. That last pick is so cute with him peeking out to see if you're still there. :)

Deb - Thanks - he's got the perfect spot there by the fountain.

The mystery of the double post...how does that happen?! LOL!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Sun came briefly, but, now at 3:30; less than an hour till sunset and it's in hurry to be gone so the clouds have helped out. 30*F so still pretty nice.
Sunrise: 9:01 with a loss today of 5m13seconds.
rann~glad it's been faily nice there, too, and that your hip is doing better..
marsue~very pretty driveway view and the other places look great, too. Good luck to the kids in tonight's game.
woodspirit~sounds like lots of changes; but at least berries in Novemeber would be a real treat, not enough to counter the dryness, but something.
Dyson~every little bit counts somehow, just wish you get more rain to some real soaking.
MySharona~thanks for the heads up:)) I cringe when I see women with a pin in that shape, on a coat/sweater. And, then, Deb says they are so cute, so now I'm thinking I should take a look:)) briefly.
Palmer, yesterday afternoon. There was no traffic , so this is a stopped, windshield shot.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

My DH appreciated your comments and says your welcome. We had RAIN all afternoon yesterday and all night. Just a good steady slow moving storm that really soaked everything but did not run off. Total 1/2". We are so thankful as it will help restore the ground water. This AM the rain stopped and it warmer up to 63 degrees, bright and sunny, no wind. I got a chance to spread lime. Next year I will get the pellatized stuff so I don't look like a snowman when I am done. This can soak in all winter. Supposed to have a nice day tomorrow due to weather moving up through W. Va and the south. Then a really cold front sweeping in from the northwest.

I need to do one last Daylily bed - about 35' X4', weed, cut back, check labels and make a map. I don't mulch until the ground freezes so the mice and voles can't hide in the mulch.

More rain due to come on Thursday.

(Zone 3b)

se_eds~~that sounds like a very impressive flower bed; bet it's worth every bit of work.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: I think they're cute, but I don't want to be responsible for your cringing right into an anxiety attack! :O Don't look if you don't want. Just take my word for it. ;->

(Zone 3b)

Deb~~No problem :)) my problem for whatever reason:) I did scroll up and look; still here doing fine:)

Today was a nice day. Sunny, low 60s with very little wind til the end of the day. Then it picked up again. I got a bunch of pics but don't have time to download til tomorrow.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 53°(F), dry

Relative Humidity: 89%
Wind: 290° (WNW) at 5mph
Pressure: 30in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 56°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 65°F
Dew Point: 47°
Visibility: 9mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 50°
Wind Chill: 48°
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 55°F
6hr High Temp: 57°F

Kiska - LOL! I can imagine how you aren't used to anoles anymore since they don't survive in your area. I love that they eat bugs, but I have to say it really upsets me when they get a butterfly. :(
Deb - I think they are cute too. They cause no harm (except to bugs)!

57.4 °F / 14 °C
Clear
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers

Now
Through 8 am...areas of fog will generally reduce visibilities to around 3 to 5 miles. Some dense fog is likely in a few spots with visibilities of less than half a mile. Motorists should remain alert for sudden changes in visibility and allow a safe stopping distance between you and other cars.

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs around 80. West winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Yes, I just pouted when I saw the high temp today! A front will be moving through though so I can't pout much! Heading home from work

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

RAIDERS WIN SUPER BOWL--28--0! HOORAY! and now you can all breathe a sigh of relief--LOL
Those little guys sure looked small on that big field and the y played the whole 100 yards--normally they only play on 80 yards.
Sharon: so that is an anole, huh? --and all this time I have been calling them 'lizards', Ha!
great sunset photo as usual.
Kiska, would you believe our high temp was close to 80 yesterday afternoon? Would have melted your snow in a hurry!
It is supposed to be warm today, in the 70's, but cooling down over the next 2 or 3 days. I'll get the "real" forecast later.
DH has a doctor's appt. at 8:30 so we'll be out and about early this morning. Everybody have a good day!
Here's a photo of toothless Zach with his Super Bowl trophy--it is a little fuzzy-camera wasn't acting right--but you can still see it good enough.

Thumbnail by marsue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.