October Daily Weather # 2.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon, you just keep outdoing yourself with those great photos! BTW my Velvet Toreador rose has no fragrance. Otherwise it would be the perfect rose, in my book.
EB, that is an absolutely fantabulous photo!

I will be at my grandson's little league football game in the morning so I am posting tomorrow's forecast now:

Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High near 70F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low 46F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Sound like good football weather!
Here's my grandson's team in action.

Thumbnail by marsue
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Se_eds – It’s been raining off and on for 3 days here too! At least it’s not storming and the rain is just soaking in. I need to do the lawn, but it will have to wait. We got another 1” yesterday.
Deb – So glad you are still getting rain too, every little bit helps.
E_B - That’s quite a sunset you had! The reflection in the water is beautiful!
Marsue – Thanks! I’m blessed to live in such a pretty area. I may complain about the heat and humidity, but I don’t want to leave the island for anything! That’s a darn shame about the rose. It would be the perfect flower if it had a scent! Have fun at the game today!

69.1 °F / 20.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 500 ft / 152 m
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft / 1524 m
Mostly Cloudy 12000 ft / 3657 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Numerous showers through the early afternoon...then scattered showers. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Mandevilla - these have the scent the rose should have! If I could just bottle it!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

1.6in of rain in the gauge since 7:45 yesterday, 52°(F)

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 93%
Wind: 310° (NW) at 5mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.12in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 53°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 56°F
Dew Point: 51°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 53°
Wind Chill: 53°
6hr Precip: 0.2in
6hr Low Temp: 55°F
6hr High Temp: 55°F

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Just looked out my window and found this sight of the moon setting and reflection of the sunrise in my neighbor's window--thought it was interesting.
Have a great day everyone--I'm off to the "big game" after another cup of coffee.

And oh, glorious day, the sun is shining but the temp on my backporch was 40*F just a little bit ago!

This message was edited Oct 27, 2007 7:52 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! We have a temp of 58° w/ many clouds & a stiff breeze. Our total rain fall was 6+ inches for a 3 day total! Yesterday morning I emptied the rain-o-meter, which measures 5+ inches (it was over flowing) & got another inch. :D

Dyson, I do believe that you have gotten your well back to full capacity! :D Glad the boys are OK!
Thanks, Marsue...Such an interesting pic! :D I feel sure that you're having fun at the "big game"!
Speaking of games...Emily went to Bluefield last night to the high school football game (last one of the regular season) & I got to "JW sit"! :D....She borrowed my car (more comfy) & ...we have deer damage! :-O But at least she is OK.
Sharon, Wow! ~ Your Mandevilla! :D And I'm really glad that you quit dancing! :D About that little pink (red) flower...Will it tollerate being outside in our winters? I have it in a pot & could bring it inside....just wondering, cuz we're supposed to get some frost tomorrow night. Lows will be in the low 30's!
E_B! Love that Pic! :D I wish I knew How you did it! Wonderful! :D How your son doing w/ his recovery & theropy?
Se_eds...sounds as if you are getting a rebirth of spring! Hope it doesn't frost too soon for ya!
Deb, Glad you finally got some rain, but hope that you'll get some more!

Dyson, you may have to go on the hunt again for Ric & Kelli!

Todays trivia is...
What do meteorologists measure on the Saffir-Simpson scale?
a) Hurricanes
b) Tornadoes
c) Wind Chill Temperature
d) Ozone Levels

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 3b)

Dyson Dark, but clear; stars and moon looking great, nearly 7am with sunrise in 2 hours.
27*
Dyson, so glad that your boys are ok; and, the rain gauge is up and running and filling.
m2k~~good news that Emily is alright, but that the car is damaged. The fall color is beautiful.
E_B~ what a wonderful sunrise, the brilliant reflection is fantastic.
MySharona - love the pretty little pink blossom; hard to believe there are flowers blooming in the winter:) I understand what you mean about where you live and not wanting to be anywhere else.
marsue~that's a very interesting and pretty pic with both coming and going of the night and day.
Taken 5 days ago, just before snow covered the ice.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Awoke to a slow drizzle many hours ago, still raining when I checked the gauge at 6:00am (the bobber thingy showed 1.6 in of rain since 7:45 am yesterday) @ 52°(F).

Figured out how to empty the camera into the puter, went and bought worms to go fishing with later and bought the wife a new rod & reel (in hopes that she can cast with the new one freeing my time so I can fish)

I am gonna hate having to print out the instructions for this camera, but it may be the only way I figure it out. Stopped raining and the sun is out in full force. @65°(F)

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 58%
Wind: 290° (WNW) at 13mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.21in
Yesterday's Precip: 1.23in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 53°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 56°F
Dew Point: 49°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 64°
Wind Chill: 64°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 51°F
6hr High Temp: 56°F

Marsue – Great picture! Let us know how the game went!
Joey – LOL! Need more rain?! We’re soggy too! Emily’s ok? That’s scary…I need a JW picture fix and smoochies! I don’t think the plant will handle a freeze; you may want to bring the plant inside. Trivia answer is A Hurricanes.

69.4 °F / 20.8 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 60 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 5000 ft / 1524 m

Now
Through 1 PM...showers and isolated thunderstorms will continue along the coast and coastal waters up to 50 miles east of the northeast Florida shoreline. The heavier showers are 5 miles east of Ponte Vedra Beach and 20 miles east of Fernandina Beach. Some showers will move into Palatka...Keystone Heights...Crescent City...Saint Augustine..Arlington and Jacksonville Beach. The showers are moving north at 15 miles an hour.

Rest of Today
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers especially near the coast. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous autumn weather here now that the sun is shining. It was approx. 68*F on my back porch just a few minutes ago. Low humidity--perfect. I went and dug up about 12 iris rhizomes earlier--got them from a lady through Freecycle. I could have had 4 times that many but didn't have the energy to dig up that many because they had spread into the lady's yard and were entertwined with bermuda grass--took me a little while to dig up the ones I did get. Good thing the ground was soft from all the rain we've had this week.
Joey, too bad about your car but so glad your Emily is okay. Several years ago we had practically a whole herd of deer run across the road in front of us one night--did about $3500 worth of damage to my car--All the deer ran away so if any of them were badly hurt, we didn't know about it.
What kind of leaf is that, Sharon? I'm wanting to say split-leaf philodendron?
Dyson, you know what "they" say: "If all else fails, read the directions!" LOL
Kiska--it doesn't get daylight until 9 a.m.!? And here I have been complaining because it doesn't get light here until 7:30 a.m.
Zach's team won their game 40--0. They are undefeated in their league and only have one game left to play in regular season. They will be in the play-offs for sure. My DH was the "down keeper" today. Zach got one of 2 MVP awards for today's game--not that he is any better than the other little guys but it is just that the coach gives the MVP award to 2 guys each week and this was Zach's turn to get it. It gives the little fellows a boost in confidence without making them feel too conceited. Zach is 7 1/2 and just lost one of his front teeth. I'm sending along a pic of him that I took today with his MVP award around his neck and the gap in his teeth is visible,too. Just think, the tooth fairy and MVP award all in one week! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

How's the new rod/reel, Dyson? hope you've had a good day 'ofishing.
MySharona - that is a beautiuful leaf; so green and pretty.
marsue, what a cute gson; I see the snack in hand, too...that's a great part of the game, too. Bet they're so excited with how they've been playing. very cool.
Sunny, 31*, calm.
October 9th....
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What a cutie, marsue!! I love the floating MVP award idea.

Dyson, I'm so glad your sons are ok.

Joey, I'm glad Emily is ok, too! Sorry about your car, though.

E_B, that sunset picture was breathtaking!!

Has anyone d-mailed Kelli? I'm going to as soon as I send this....

I think Texas moved north or something.. The humidity is still amazingly low, the temperatures are reasonable, and the skies are as clear as can be. I'm not sure whose weather we're getting, but we sure love it!! There is no sign of a change in the extended forecast, either. I need to start watering the garden after all of these days of sunshine, but I'm not complaining even a little.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CDT (26 min ago)
Temperature 74 °F 23 °C
Dew Point 44 °F 7 °C
Humidity 34%
Pressure 30.32 in 1026.9 mb
Wind Speed 10 MPH 9 kts
Wind Dir NNE 30°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 75 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 45.0°F / 7.2°C

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

The rain has stopped here and there is bright sunshine. It's supposed to be about 70 today and chilly again tonight. Thursday night it got down below 32 up here at the house, I was almost late to work Friday morning because I had to scrape frost off the windows of my car. Supposed to be clear to partially cloudy until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'm going to go enjoy the sun.

Glad your sons are alright, Dyson. How are you doing? You appear to be healing well - glad you can move around better.

Joey, I love the quizzes. I get the wrong answer rather often, but then I'm learning something.

Kiska, I am looking forward to visiting Alaska someday. (If I live long enough to get the money for the trip together) but I would not care to live there. I lived 3 years in Helena, Montana. I have discovered I do not drive well on ice or in snow!

I hope somebody hears from Kelli soon.

Dotti

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Took the grandson (Johnathon) fishing at a friends private pond today.
A) Did not hook myself (I may be getting the hang of this fishing stuff).
B) The grandson had a great time (he landed all the fish).
C) We brought home four good sized catfish for dinner.
D) Sue would not let me use her new Rod & Reel :( it's ok I'll use it while she is at work.

67°(F), bright, sunny, & now I have to clean & cook the fish. Catfish w/a good beer batter anyone?

(Zone 3b)

Dyson - what a great day~~ dinner sounds great; what's for dessert?
dottik~~I just returned from a drive to take pics; with studded tires, & slowing down, it wasn't bad at all. But, does make me nervous getting out to walk around if not using cleats. Hope you can come up someday..
What I use to get traction ...
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, we have those down here in the south, Kiska, only we call them golf shoes! LOL
Mmmm, catfish, Dyson, you got enough left-over for two Arkies?

Marsue – I don’t know the type of philodendron. It’s still a young plant, so I’m not positive. If anyone knows, please advise! Your GS is darling! 40-0 – That’s quite a feat and he has an award to top it all off! Congratulations!
Kiska – I have several blooms going now, but I haven’t been able to take decent pics! It’s either too dark or the weather hasn’t been favorable to running outside to take a picture! Those are some tough looking shoes you wear! Not a surprise though. Anytime I think of cleats I think of Baseball!
Rann – Do you have to wear cleats in the snow as well?
Dyson – Have you figured out the camera yet?! Catfish dinner and we weren’t invited?! That’s not right! Sounds delicious!!
Marylyn – I d-mailed Kelli when we realized that she hadn’t been on-line for a couple of days. No response yet. I just pray that she is okay.

70.5 °F / 21.4 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 74 °F / 24 °C
Clouds: Overcast 4500 ft / 1371 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Lows in the lower 60s inland...in the mid 60s coast. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

May I suggest that we set up a buddy contact list if disaster strikes one of our areas? We could give each other our phone numbers (via d-mail) so we can keep in contact. Let me know what y’all think. This is just dreadful not knowing what has happened to Kelli and Ric.

Clouds this morning

This message was edited Oct 27, 2007 8:12 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

E_B: You do amazing things with light! Another beautiful sunset.
Dyson: Sounds like a perfect day indeed!
Marsue: Zach's adorable.

Got another 1/10" overnight but the sun came out this afternoon so that may be it for a while.
Dyson Dark and 74. Low tonight is the "coldest" so far, predicted to be 54F.
May have to bring in a few plants soon (like this one).
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Deb - That is a heart shaped phildendron - and they are gorgeous!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Ric has been posting on the Ohio forum, so he's okay according to Badseed who I contacted to check on him.
I sent d-mail, but no reply.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sidney, he may have missed a thread jump, or got tired of Wx, Now we need to find Kelli!

This puter is acting weired gotta run some software and figure out what Sue did to it while I was fishing.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2007 8:04 PM

Wow Kiska those spikes look like exactly what I need. I had to leave NC as the ice and snow were just too tiring and hazardous for me.
We are having the coolest night in some time. It'll get down to almost 60 tonight, burrrrrrr,LOL
I better behave or my plants will freeze before I'm ready.
Been misting here most of the day.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The weather was perfect today. Very little wind and lots of sunshine. The trees are turning colors and are just gorgeous! I hope to get some pics before it's too late but since I drive on dangerous roads I can't stop to get the pics. I will try to hit the back roads this week and get a few.

Kiska, we use yaktraks down here for traction.

what the heck is a yaktrak?!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sharon I don't think it is a form of GPS tracking device (like a low-jack) though it sorta rhymes.

Oooh A lowjack-yaktrak!!!!!!!!! LOL Dyson! You're crackin me up!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey could be the latest thing in maintaining constant monitoring of your yak's location.

Calling all Yaks!!!!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Have to empty the rain gage. The rain stopped about 11 AM - there is 2-3/4 inches in there from the last two days. Added to the 3 inches we got Friday a week ago, things are well watered. We are due to have a light - 31 deg frost Sunday night. Hope it kills the annual weeds that sprung up in the last two weeks, mostly henbit and that invasive "gill over the Ground" or wild geranium. At least it is easy to pull right now. I am going to put deodorized cow manure around all the clematis vines for the winter. Hope they do better next year than they did during our drought.

Have been reading about the fires, here in Pa, we live between two mountains and are so lucky.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. www.amazon.com/s/?tag=themusicsource56159-20&keywords=yaktrax&index=apparel

(Zone 3b)

yes to yak-tracs :))) They are but one of the sets I keep nearby this time of year. The ones pictured are easier on/off over the soles of shoes, than the yak-tracks, at least for me. They're also easy to fold up and put in a pocket till finished shopping, then, just stretch them on.
I too, just started using cleats in the past 2 years as the "fear" of falling is becoming more real. If there's enough snow over the ice, I don't use cleats.
marsue - that's funny;
Weather sounds great, pepper23;
Sidney - your plants will very happy if you don't leave them to freeze.
DebinSC~~ I think the same goes for your area~~ would be a shame to lose such a pretty plant.
Iced tire tracks in the driveway today.

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

At this point my mind has turned to mush, trying to remember when and where I saw a Yak. Ah the benefits of old age, what was I trying to remember? Never mind, If it was important someone is sure to remind me sooner or later.

kiska - I always love your photos, the scenery is fantastic, but it is warm enough here not to think about what is right around the bend. Ice is still to cool the drinks.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh please, don't ever let me live in a climate where I need Yak Traks! LOL!

Deb - LOL!

72.3 °F / 22.4 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Clouds: Overcast 3000 ft / 914 m

Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM EDT this afternoon...
High surf advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to 2 am EDT Thursday...

Today
Cloudy and windy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph with higher gusts during the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Prissy loves her toy!

Edited to add "It's still DysonDark"!!

This message was edited Oct 28, 2007 7:17 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Currently - widely scattered intermittent light, 50°(F) overcast, freeze warning for tonight?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sue & granddaughter at the lake last weekend.

Thumbnail by Dyson
(Zone 3b)

Dark for a couple more hours, till 9:17 this morning. Scattered clouds, full moon, stars; quite pretty.
DebinSC~very funny and I'm sure you're serious :)
yak-tracs are the perfect accessory to a fine Carhart coat and LLBean boots ;)) .
Dyson - beautiful picture of your family.
MySharona ~ Prissy goes well w/her toy; cute.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Oh Kiska we have been cloud socked in for this entire moon and I was so looking forward to it.
Well ya'll are sure giving me some fantastic landscapes.
It's 70º
Rain is supposed to start anytime.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sue saw the pic and decided it was time for a hair cut.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: You know I mean it! LOL. I love to "visit" snow, but that's as far as it goes. Give me WARM! :)
Dyson: Your GD is sooo pretty!

Looks like autumn has arrived here at last. Only 66F at the moment.
This week, lows will dip into the 40s for the first time.

Spent the morning bringing in the more sensitive plants. Had a near calamity with my giant Bird of Paradise, but it eventually got to its destination.
Except for some yellow leaves that have dropped off the peach tree, the Morning Glories are the only leaves showing signs of fall color (and that's probaby from lack of water).
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Dyson Dark here too! It was cloudy and rained all day,with small breaks. Love your pics,here's one from our park this morning.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.