Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: October Daily Weather # 2., 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: October Daily Weather # 2.

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October Daily Weather # 2.
marsue wrote:
Gorgeous autumn weather here now that the sun is shining. It was approx. 68*F on my back porch just a few minutes ago. Low humidity--perfect. I went and dug up about 12 iris rhizomes earlier--got them from a lady through Freecycle. I could have had 4 times that many but didn't have the energy to dig up that many because they had spread into the lady's yard and were entertwined with bermuda grass--took me a little while to dig up the ones I did get. Good thing the ground was soft from all the rain we've had this week.
Joey, too bad about your car but so glad your Emily is okay. Several years ago we had practically a whole herd of deer run across the road in front of us one night--did about $3500 worth of damage to my car--All the deer ran away so if any of them were badly hurt, we didn't know about it.
What kind of leaf is that, Sharon? I'm wanting to say split-leaf philodendron?
Dyson, you know what "they" say: "If all else fails, read the directions!" LOL
Kiska--it doesn't get daylight until 9 a.m.!? And here I have been complaining because it doesn't get light here until 7:30 a.m.
Zach's team won their game 40--0. They are undefeated in their league and only have one game left to play in regular season. They will be in the play-offs for sure. My DH was the "down keeper" today. Zach got one of 2 MVP awards for today's game--not that he is any better than the other little guys but it is just that the coach gives the MVP award to 2 guys each week and this was Zach's turn to get it. It gives the little fellows a boost in confidence without making them feel too conceited. Zach is 7 1/2 and just lost one of his front teeth. I'm sending along a pic of him that I took today with his MVP award around his neck and the gap in his teeth is visible,too. Just think, the tooth fairy and MVP award all in one week! LOL