October Daily Weather # 2.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

We were getting a little long for dail-up.
Here is whats happening,
78.3 °F / 25.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 5.4 mph / 8 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Falling)
reat weed pulling weather.
Rain is headed our way in an hour or two. About time for football game kick-off.
At least they won't get cold.
Please come by often with your weather and great pictures.
I am borrowing one of E_B's great pictues he posted last week. He sure caught some beautiful color
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sugarweed, does this mean we stop posting to the other thread and start posting over here? If so, I'll go ahead and re-post my photo of the trees in my neighborhood which I just posted this morning on the other thread. I wanted to have a progression of the trees changing color--our trees are still green as you can see. I love that photo above--such vivid colors!.

Thumbnail by marsue
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Sidney - It's been sprinkling/drizzling here for the last 3-4 hours. It's been nice, but I'd love to be weeding! The squirrels, cardinals and mourning doves are loving it outside! Great picture to start the new thread with.
Marsue - About 98% of the time the wind blows the "smell of money" in the opposite direction. It can be quite stinky once in a while! :P (we'll stop posting on the old thread and use this one for the next week)
Deb - I really miss the trick-or-treaters! You're so lucky to still have them and for them to be safe.

The temp is dropping!

75.9 °F / 24.4 °C
Mostly Cloudy

Had to get the pretty 1/2 moon surrounded by light clouds.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

About 70 Deg (F) Trying out a new version of Linux and alt-248 is not giveing me the Deg symbol, but is jumping me to another page altogether. AAnd here I thought I had finaly found a version of Linux I could work with.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Dyson,
Have you tried ° ? [alt0176]
° [alt248]
º [alt0442]

Anyway...62° F now .

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Back on XP now (the other machine is busy) 67°(F) - Dark - Installed some new solar powered flood lights over the front porch today, so far I am impressed, will see if I still am in about seven hours.

Indy - I never knew the shortcuts - now I do! LOL!!

74.1 °F / 23.4 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph / 5.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3400 ft / 1036 m
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft / 1524 m

Now
Through 9 PM...areas of rain and showers continue to move through northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. The heavier showers are moving into the Suwannee Valley along Interstate 75. The showers are moving north to northeast at 15 miles an hour.

Remainder of Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers with a possible thunderstorm after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s inland...in the lower 70s coast. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Heading off the Island earlier this evening. It's been sprinkling all day.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marsue we go thru about 2 or 3 threads a month. Sometimes even 4. This is a progression of daily weather. Sometimes it's like a chat over the garden fence. You can still post your progression of color changes of your tree. It just won't be on one thread.
Sharon I so hope some of this precip is landing here.
Sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I left for Lilyhemmer on Friday about noon.
I had light rain down to CampHill, Pa. - abt. 20 mil south. Imagine my surprise when I called home and found that my husb had just watched the yard fill up with welcome water - Millersburg, Pa. got over 2 inches in about an hour. This is our total rainfall for this month but was very welcome.

When I returned home today to 74 deg. temps, sunshine and lush green growth, I just gave thanks for natures bounty. It is weed pulling conditions out there so me and the wheelbarrow will be out early tomorrow to get it done.

Here's hoping for some relief for Ga. and the severe, long lasting drought sown south.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today it was warm and windy. Sunny til late afternoon then the clouds came in.

I will post pics tomorrow if I have the energy to mess with it. I had to work today also cause our weekend girl's dad died Fri night. So am a bit tired, especially since I didn't get home til around 11:30pm last night and had to be up early this morning. But I didn't mind too much. A slow day.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark 47°(F)
the batteries are still holding on the porch light.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 80%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.3in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 43°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 78°F
Dew Point: 43°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 49°
Wind Chill: 49°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 50°F
6hr High Temp: 68°F

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! :D It's 52* & Dyson Dark. We didn't get any rain the past (a sprinkle or 2) few days, but I think that we are gonna get some tonight & tomorrow! We do have some more color change...need to get some pics today. But it sure would help to remember to put the batteries back into the camera! ;)

Sharon, Your marina pics are Great! Wow! (I want some of your Rain)
Se_eds, Glad that you got the much needed rain! What a great surprise! :D
Kiska, Love the snow! :D I would love to help your GS shovel! :D Can't wait to see the "coffee crystal trick" again! :D
Dotti, Welcome to the forum! :D
Dyson, Glad to hear that you caught the "catch of the day"! LOL!
Rann, What a beautiful lavinder colored flower! :D
Deb, did you get any rain out of that system over the week end? Hope so! :D
Kelli, I hope that you're not in the "line of Fire"! 'Been thinkin' about ya for 2 days!

Todays trivia is...
What is the "lightest" kind of air?
a) Cold and humid
b) Cold and dry
c) Hot and humid
d) Hot and Dry

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I just heard on the Weather Channel that it is raining in Atlanta this morning! Hallelujah for them!
Now the west coast needs some rain, out there in So. California where the fires are raging.
Precious baby, Joey!
Thanks for the info on the 3 or 4 threads per month, Sugarweed. Now I know what to expect.
It's raining here, too, although we aren't in the middle of a drought like the Atlanta area is. Still it will give me a reason to stay inside and clean house today! (That's no fun, but, alas, it is necessary!)

Current conditions as of 6:55 am CDT

Light Rain
Feels Like: 60°
Barometer: 29.92 in and steady
Humidity: 96%
Visibility: 5 mi
Dewpoint: 59°
Wind: ESE 2 mph
Sunrise: 7:20 am
Sunset: 6:25 pm

Here's a photo of one of my Velvet Toreador blooms that I took yesterday when the sun was shining.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 5a)

Good morning :-)

The flower I posted before is Colchicum 'Waterlily', sorry I forgot to post the name earlier :-) It's the star of my garden at the moment, not much else flowering any more ..... except a few Snapdragons and a lupine ;-)

Deb - gorgeous shot of your snapdragon :-) Sounds like Halloween at you place is a blast :-)

marsue - gorgeous, gorgeous rose. And a great name for it too, it really looks like velvet :-) Thanks for clearing that up - the fall festival sounds like a lot of fun too ;-) Looking forward to seeing the progress photos of your fall colors - what a great idea :-)

Sharon - I remember only one or two times we drove up to Jacksonville airport and what's most memorable from those trips was the "stink" from the papermill ;-) lol Almost as bad as our "smell of money" which is fish ;-) lol

It's raining hard and really windy - just a terrible day to have to leave the house - unfortunately I've had to do a lot of dashing to and from the car today :-( It's 48°F and the winds are blowing at 29 mph gusting to 44 mph. There is a stormwarning in effect for this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day :-)

rannveig

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! Awww.. JW is still adorable, Gramma Joey! :-) (And I'm guessing b.)

That's a beautiful rose, marsue.

I'm glad you're getting some rain, se_eds!

Kelli, are you ok?

Dyson, what Linux are you using? My dh likes Ubuntu.

There's a cold front (well, ok, it's not actually going to be cold... more like a chilly front LOL) coming through today. It was sunny and pretty this morning when I went out with the little bunny to wait for the bus. Right now it is dark and dreary out there... either the sun is moving backwards or we are about to get very wet!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:53am CDT (22 min ago)
Temperature 77 °F 25 °C
Dew Point 72 °F 22 °C
Humidity 84%
Pressure 29.88 in 1012 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling 4600 ft 1402 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 81 °F 27 °CLike
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 71.1°F / 21.7°C

Right Now Issued 8:00am CDT -- Mon, Oct 22, 2007
Through noon, rain with embedded showers and thunderstorms will continue moving eastward across the area as a strong cold front moves on through. Rainfall amounts should generally average around 1/4 inch, with localized totals around 1 inch possible with the stronger and slower moving storms. Expect temperatures to fall into the lower 60s and possible the mid to upper 50s within an hour or two after frontal passage. It will be breezy too, with the strongest winds and wind gusts developing across the coastal counties.

I should have put a sweater in the little bunny's backpack!!

This message was edited Oct 22, 2007 9:28 AM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Right now KNOPPIX 5.1, nice GUI, and learning it.

68°(F), Sunny, gray skies - supposed to rain the rest of the week (please let it).

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 48%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.3in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 43°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 78°F
Dew Point: 45°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 65°
Wind Chill: 65°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 48°F
6hr High Temp: 52°F

(Zone 5a)

Dyson - sure hope you get the rain.

Well it's definately a storm out there - so good to be home :-) It's raining so hard that I'm soaking wet from running into the store and out again (twice 'cause I forgot something the first time would you believe it) and then to pick up Hildur Eva from preschool. The wind's constantly growing stronger, wind speeds are up to 31 mph gusting to 56 mph (and there are A LOT of gusts!) from the SE. Fortunately I don't have to leave the house again today ...... well except to drive Selma's friend home - I'm not making her walk home in this weather.

This is from a calmer day - Potentilla fruticosa 'something sunset' (forget the name) is still flowering :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Rann - it is 4.2 mi (6.76 km) from here to the grocery store & you would not believe the number of times I have made the trip twice over - ain't getting old grand?

71° - cloudy, cats are hungry, hope they find a fat mouse cause they have been fed (twice).

So tired (and slept really late) can only clean so fast, but the radio is blare'n so I better be get'in too it.

We have a nice easy drizzle.
I was a day early on the kickoff, but todays drizzle is supposed to end at 8PM just at kick off. No umbrellas allowed at the game. Only ponchos.
Monday night football from here about 3 miles from my home.
Joey I'm pretty sure hot and dry air is hottest. GB so handsome.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Has anyone heard from Kelli?, did she miss the buss over? get caught up in the fires out there? If anyone has heard from her please post. (If you see this Kelli - please set our minds to ease).
& where is Ric?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It's still raining here, off and on. WEather forecasts says we can expect periods of rain for the next 2 or 3 days and the temps will be cooler. Sounded like good soup weather to me so I made a big pot of soup. With just DH and me it usually takes us 2 or 3 days to eat that much soup, but we both like it in this kind of weather.
Rann: sounds like it is good 'soup' weather over your way, too! At least we don't have the gusting winds that you are experiencing right now. BTW, that Velvet Toreador rose not only looks like velvet, it feels like it, too! That "something sunset" of yours is a beautiful flower too. I wonder if it would grow in Arkansas?

Dyson the last time we heard from Kelli was 10/19,
I know the fires are in Malibu, and her addy is not in the exchanged so I R/McN La to Malibu. They didn't recognize Canoga.
Any how 41 minutes and 29 miles.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks - Worried.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think that Kelli lives right around where the G in Glendale is on your map, Sidney. I think she lives near our niece who is in Toluca Lake. Still too close to the fires.. I need to check on Susannah, too.

Se_eds – Congrats on the rain!
Pepper – I hope you’ll be able to get some rest soon.
Joey – Thanks! Awww – JW is such a handsome baby! Have you received any rain? I’m going with B for the trivia answer.
Marsue – Lovely rose!
Rann – LOL! Both stink under the right conditions!
Marylyn - I’m so envious of your temps! No chilly front for us : (
Dyson – I’m still dancing; getting a little tired though. May you get some much needed rain as well. My cats are always hungry – swear they have tapeworm, but they don’t. They’re just spoiled!
Rann – Brrrrr! Such a lovely little flower!
Sidney – It rained here for about 3 hours, just spitting now.
Kelli- Where are you? I know she lives in the Valley. If you're lurking just stop and say "hi"!

Now
Through 330 PM...scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms from Lake George north to the Okefenokee Swamp will move north northwest at 10 miles per hour. The heaviest activity will be from Jacksonville to Yulee and Kingsland. Brief heavy downpours...localized flooding of low lying areas...gusty winds...and occasional lightning strikes can be expected.

76.6 °F / 24.8 °C
Heavy Thunderstorm Rain Mist
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the ESE
Wind Gust: 10.5 mph / 16.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 1.5 miles / 2.4 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1500 ft / 457 m

This map shows Canoga Park, Malibu and Topanga
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Canoga+Park,+CA,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

Thumbnail by MySharona
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi,everyone,so gorgeous pics!
Marilyn, thanks ,we are learning English in school in Romania,since kindergarden ! I actually started in the 3rd grade and loved the language,always wanted to learn it as much as I could and God has helped me,by finding DG and all my friends here.It is you who are helping me to learn more ,THANK YOU !
Very bad weather here,all day raining and strong winds. Low temps in the morning, 44!
This is the view from my window yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sugar, I think E_B takes amazing pictures and this one is gorgeous!! Hope you don't get wet at the game.

Marsue, I look forward to the color progression on your tree. It won't matter if they aren't all on the same page. Your rose is gorgeous!!

Sharon, the moon photo is fantastic! How did you get so high in the sky and keep the ground in the picture? I love the heavy cloud picture too. I imagine living near the ocean gives you some pretty thick ones.

Dyson, I tried the degree thing and found out it gave the degree sign, but I also got an A behind it. Now where did that come from? I gave up and went back to the star. Hope your solar lights work for you.

Seeds, wishing more than 2'' for you! It's sure been a rainy year for us. We're as green as a spring day in June! Saturday should be the last time I have to mow this year.

Pepper, our weather is your weather. Get some sleep babe!

Joey, I'll guess B. Grandma Joey? I haven't been on Dave's much so I'm sort of out of the loop. What a sweetie!! I love the Alaska onesie :))

Rann, cold and windy already? I was chilly, but now I feel a bit cozy :)) Button up!!! I love the color of your potentilla!

Marylyn, hope the bunny made it home warm and dry.

Adina, your trees and flowers are always so pretty! You contribute a lot thru your pictures! I hope the weather isn't affecting your new house.

We hit 55* and have had a bit of rain. Yesterday was beautiful! I hand spread horse manure and turned it into the garden. I cut flowers back and planted some small rhubarb starts someone gave me. It was a very good day! Today is my day of rest :))

I tore out the crowded border iris and grape hyachinths in the rock garden. I will enjoy replanting with something different next spring. In the background are Alma Potsche Asters and they are that bright and pretty!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Mmmm... Rhubarb.. yummy! Glad to see you, billyporter. :-)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I've sure had trouble finding time to log on. It's always nice to get back tho!

(Zone 5a)

Sally it's always nice when you have time to check in on us!

Dyson - LOL - well I'm 36 so what's my excuse? Fortunately I wasn't out of the parking lot when I realized I had to go back in. I just really hated having to go out in that weather again! lol 4.2 miles to the grocery store seem far to me ....... it's almost the distance from here to Reykjavik and there are two towns in between! lol

marsue - thanks :-) that Potentilla is listed as Z 3-7. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=Potentilla&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=fruticosa&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search&offset=0 There are countless cultivars in different colors. They're borderline here since they flower so late and tend to die back severly over winter. Still I always get a few blooms in late August - September (October now :-) )

I sure hope Kelli's alright. Those fires were on the news here tonight.

The wind's died down a bit, maximum wind gusts recorded here in the vicinity were just over 60 mph.

(Zone 3b)

already nearly 3pm.. New ice floes in the river; bright white and so pretty.
38*; sunny. Sunrise: 8:58am Sunset: 6:22pm. loss of 5min43sec.
Sugarweed - what a gorgeous picture; fall pictures are hard to beat.
bp~ looks like you've got everything ready for whatever you do plan for next spring. Going to be pretty, I'm sure.
Music2Keep - JW is such a beautiful baby; in case I've overlooked the answer already, I'll go with "B">
MySharona - always an active sky; between that the ocean, you've got a great scenic area that's always changing.
rann - "bummer" of a day sounds like - especially to have to out in more than once.
adina - the look of fall is getting more colorful by the day, it looks like. Very pretty.
Hi Dyson - still daylight here, but come tomorrow morning, not till nearly 9am will it kick in...good luck w/ more rain.
marsue ~~ the idea of soup is a good one; what kind?
It is worrisome about kelli; must be terrible to be in that area and fire all around.
pepper23; hope you've had a chance to be more rested; sorry about the loss of your co-workers father.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Sally – Thanks! I’m not really sure how I got the picture! It took some body and camera angling, but I finally got the marina and the moon. It’s pretty amazing here with the clouds. They are completely different in every direction. Rhubarb sounds delicious! I can’t wait to see your garden when it blooms. The asters are brilliant!
Rann – Sounds like you’ve had a blustery day! I’ve done the “store redux” trips countless times! LOL!
Kiska – Great picture!!

77.0 °F / 25.0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the ESE
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1700 ft / 518 m
Scattered Clouds 2600 ft / 792 m
Mostly Cloudy 5500 ft / 1676 m
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft / 4572 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Baxter & Boo snoozin (again)!!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: How I envy Baxter and Boo! LOL. Snoozin' is a favorite pastime of mine.
Rann: I love the color of that potentilla.
Kiska: You photo says it all: summer's over. :(

Today's hi was 81. Low tonight 69. A bit humid.
I can't remember the last time it rained, but it's been at least 3 weeks. Arrghh!

Kelli: I hope you're out having fun somewhere and the fires are nowhere near you!
Deb
(Our front steps tonight.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

DebinSc - What a nice Halloween pic! I did two wheelbarrow loads of plant material debris today - mostly daylily leaves.

I need to start two trays of daylily seedlings tomorrow. It s time. Even though our weather seems more like August.
High around 74, lush green growth from Fridays 2-1/4 in of rain.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska; it's vegetable beef soup and I put everything in it but the kitchen sink--just whatever is on hand. It always tastes better the 2nd day but DH and I had lunch and supper from it today. It really wasn't ready for lunch but DH couldn't wait --he just had to have a bowl, so I joined him.

Still raining and temp on my back porch right now is 58*F. supposed to drop down to around 48*F tonight.
I have a brother in Fountain Valley CA (Orange County) I am going to call him right now and see if they are threatened by the fires out there. We haven't heard from him so I hope no news is good news!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of upper 40s today. Low of high 30s tonight.

It was a cold and wet rainy day. Rained this morning then it quit but it was still cold and wet and just plain miserable.

Finally got an hour long catnap after work. It helped alot. Still not up to full speed but that won't take long hopefully.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu! Everybody! It's been a really nice, gloomy day! :D The temp at noon was 57* & it did some sprinkling off and on all day. We're supposed to get more tonight & tomorrow, with more predicted for the rest of the week (thru Friday)! :D I was gonna try to get some fall pics today, but forgot to put the batteries in the camera (again). They're in there now, so will take rain drop pics, too! :D

Thanks, everybody...! JW is a real sweetie...he has learned to laugh out loud! :D So much Fun! :D I'm hoping that Emily can download the pics from her c-phone so I can share them with you all. :D He likes "sporting" her sunglasses! :D

Sally, Glad to "see" you back! :D Your yard is looking really good! (love the red!) & the new garden patch will look good when you get it finished next spring...Do you know what you will plant in it? Your yard is so GREEN! (don't mind me...I'm just envious...what grass I do have is brown)
Deb, Love the "punkins"! We go tomorrow to pick out ours.
Kiska, Your butterfly is covered! I have brought most of my flowers indoors (except for the mums), now I'm waiting for you to send down some snow! :D
Sharon, the kitties look cozy! :D
Pepper, Glad that you got in a nap...around here we call a "cat-nap" a "power-nap".
Adina! Looks as if you have what I call "blustery" weather...chilly & very, very windy! :-O
Dyson, Have you gotten any rain today? :D I'm worried for Kelli, too.

The answer to the days trivia is...C
Hot air rises because it is lighter. Clouds are in the sky because water vapor is actually lighter than air.

Have a Good Nite....
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Music2Keep - I think I'll go with A

It finally quit raining Saturday night and yesterday and today were just beautiful. Mid 70's, bright sunshine, winds light and variable. It's supposed to be nice again tomorrow, then after that it begins to look a little iffy.

It's a shame about the fires and the Santa Ana winds, isn't it? The TV has just recently said that 265,000 people have been evacuated. I'm more than happy that I don't live down in Southern California (as a born Northern Californian I have the same feelings most have - let's give the Southern part back to Mexico - Hehehehe) it's got to be really frightening to have any of those fires in the area.

I sure hope Kelli is OK. Dotti

Edited to say: Whoops, I was typing as you posted, Music2Keep. That's why I guessed an answer after you had given it. Dotti

This message was edited Oct 22, 2007 6:41 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I just spoke to my brother in CA and the nearest fire is about 7 miles from him due East. He doesn't seem to be concerned about it reaching his area and he said he was surprised that the news said 250,000+ people had been evacuated, but he said it could be possible that there were that many--he really didn't know. He doesn't get too excited about much of anything--pretty laid back--so even if he is worried, he wouldn't tell me about it. He did say they were starting to be able to smell the smoke. 7 miles sounds awfully close to me.

I'm surprised that C was the answer, Joey. Hot humid air seems to be so oppressive (that's what we have down here in the summer) that I couldn't believe it is the lightest air!

Still raining.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

According to this AP article (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3762715), a lot of the people who were evacuated were in San Diego County, where there are also a lot of fires burning. Awful....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.