The trip to DragonFly Gardens.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is one of the panoramas I tried to send with the 4 pics I made it into 2 diff. ones this is the first one.

Melissa is checking out the big leaves for her castings, along with Gwen on the left and Carol in the middle.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And this on would be the next 2 pics to the right of the one above

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is one of the circle garden areas another one of the pans.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is the last one that I saved for last, lighting was bad, sun hid behind a cloud just as I took the shot.

This is all of us getting ready for the great adventure of shopping and where to start.

Hope you all have injoyed them, I have in sharing them with you.
Happy dreams in ideas.

Can't wait for the next trip

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Mary, you did such a great job of sharing these photos, and describing all that we did and saw. Thank you so much!

Just think, one week ago today we were having a ball - now we have to wait until Spring to go there again!!!!!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Tilly (and Rachier and Murmur) - you really have done a brillant job of photographing this - I feel as if we were all there. Just brillant.

On the cleaning front - Murmur, gawd I can relate to your vigilance to mum. Mine wasn't a cleaner-upper, but she had this orderliness - even her handwriting was precision - and I just learned to be at the otherside of the room (minimum!) My mum decided to teach me to sew, amazing how terrifying it can be! And to make it even more complicated, I'm left handed - drove her nuts. Oddly, I have one place that is just beautifully, preciously organized - my linen cupboard - I practically do oragami sheet folding - it is tidy tidy heavan - and guess what, it was my dad who did the laundry in our house. Fortunately, although we talk very little about the past, my mum and I have come to be very close and now laugh alot - I have no idea how or why, but it did work out - eventually. glad it did.

It really felt like a tidying of the season weekend. Took the last of the tomatos out of the greenhouse - and starting doing the great pot shuffle yesterday. Asparagus needs cutting down, and planted out a batch of tulip bulbs. Next weekend is the mulching begins. I like this time of year - always seems so much more reflective.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hello all,
Such wonderful pictures and great history links with the bottles! I wish I could have went along to the nursery with y'all, maybe next time. Thanks for sharing! I would love to go visit the island...let me know the next time you go! I would love to take murmur a tree,,,,

Did any of you read the cute article in the right hand side bar about the plant addict? Made me think of Pix and Rachier stopping by the taco shop and having to part the shrubbery to pick up their order. worth reading.

Where is the article, Laurie? Which link do I follow? I want to read it!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Pixy, It's the article of the day today, and it's great

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/200/

Good one! I laughed, I cried, etc.
Sad to say, his #4 at the bottom of the page made me fall off the chair. Last week I went to work, and only when I sat down in my office with a client did I realize that I had on my gardening clogs. With dirt and all. Wow, did we have a good laugh at that one!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hahahahahahahahaha. :-)

That was just too much fun to read!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

That is a great article!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

O'my that was a great article, had to print it for my DH to read.

Pix, I sat through an entire session with a trowel in my back pocket - and that's my work clothes, definately not my gardening clothes.

LOL!! That's a good one, too! The day that I arrive at work with twigs in my hair will be the day I know I am getting too far 'gone' to be any good at work anymore. Maybe I could have sessions in my garden. The client could just follow me around while I do my work. My brain would likely work better that way, anyhow.

I remember Nina Coltart, marvellous clinician, saying that all therapists need a bit of dirt to dig in. Excellent woman.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I want to put this out to all PWN just found it. Please read.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/783689/

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

thank you tilly - I hadn't seen this thread. :)

Yes, Laurie, something about putting our hands in the dirt seems like good therapy for the therapist in everyone!

Tillysrat, take a look at this bottle tree thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/771110/

Gwen, Rachel, Carole here is a great mushroom thread with a photo of the cute mushrooms we saw at Savage plants:
http://www.bcbiodiversity.homestead.com/mushrooms.html

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

that was cool Pixs thanks, food for thought.

Kingston, WA

To all of you from Daves garden club, I finally paid my money and we have maybe 4-5" of snow on the ground so I clicked onto Daves and saw all the great pictures.. You guys are the best and you make it sound like a wonderland here. Well if many of you come back I have been rearranging and am the queen of manure. I haven't done much work in the gardens for years and I finally penciled it in like a job.For the end of the season it doesn't look too bad. I am so excited about next year and the cool plants I'm going to be offering. I have been in some cool seed cataloges and found some very cool garden art to have here as well. I sure do appreciate the kind words I just love plants and am a true addict. I can't wait until next season. I am also updating my website with some of the new plants I will be carrying. The one picture of the dog with the blue eyes looks like he could live at my house. Keep in touch and I now have a bunch of new best freinds, Thankyou Heidi and Dragonfly

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Heidi!!

I'm so sorry that I missed the trip out to see you. It sounds like Dragonfly is a magical place and I will make a trip out there this spring and am looking forward to meeting you.

I just got back to Woodinville from Kirkland with a friend who drives a big mantruck (else we wouldn't have made it). It's raining in Kirkland down by the water and there's no evidence of snow. Out here we have 4 inches. Crazy beautiful.

Kathy

Heidi, good to see you here on Dave's!!! I still smile every time I think of our visit to your incredibly nursery!

Looking forward to seeing you in the spring - and also my DG buddies!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey Heidi glad you made it
I was working in Lynnwood when it started snowing around 1 pm and did not stop, we got to close early left the store at 8:15 pm and still snowing, got at least 5" there, got home and we had about 3"
Cant wait till you open in spring LOL
Tills (Mary)

Well, happiness to all you snow bunnies! (Hello Murmur, been thinking of you). And Heidi, looking forward to your input - isn't it nice to know that you have an international fanclub (even if it only as one member, for now!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I just made this Happy Hoidays to All of you.
(hope it works) If not back to the drawing board!!!!

Dont know how to get the copy right off, messed up the pic, sorry

This message was edited Dec 1, 2007 11:52 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Ahhhh, Tillys, that is lovely!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Meow ! Happy Holidays Tillys : )

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Mary,
Tilly is so beautiful! Thanks for the holiday wishes, right back to you girl!

Heidi,
Delighted that you joined us! When the weather is like this I dream of visiting your amazing home and nursery! Come on Spring! Rachel

Kingston, WA

Hi All, It is still snowing and for all of you this is when I clean the house. Oh joy. I have all my vegtable crispers full of seeds From new zealand tree seeds to plant world in England to seed hunt in californa. Today is a good day to clean the basement to start prepaing for the great seeds. Even the dogs aren't very excited to go out today. Boo gets cold. He says I'm from Austraila and I like it warm. Take care This is great its like AA for gardners. My support group. Heidi and Dragonfly

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

Heidi, I'm glad to see you on DG. I've been busy in the basement also. with germinating my Hosta hybrid seeds. I made appox. 900 crosses and hope to see some new and exciting 07 seedlings. also I'm busy making more garden spheres. smooth ones as well as textured. I'm still using the Metallic paint that I showed you. I hope you'll have room for some of them this spring. have you checked out the other forums yet? DG is really 1st class. Jim

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Heidi,
Neat to see you here! I was very disappointed to not be able to make the trip with everyone to see your garden this past fall. I won't miss the spring trip!

Tilly & the real Tilly, Thanks for the holiday wishes! Sophie adds a Mrrr, and Roscoe and Fred add their wishes, too! (Although I think they're sending wishes for catnip, actually....)

Hi Heidi, glad you made it on Daves! Yes, it is the ultimate support group, as long as you are not looking for people to help you set good plant boundaries, but to encourage you to continue in your addiction as much as possible!
No snow here, but plenty of nasty rain. The yard looks like crap. As usual this time of year, I guess. I'm trying to get out to the pond today and do a little maintenance before the wind hits tonight.
Stay safe, everyone.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol Pixy - my backyard is so wet right now, the ground cant absorb the water fast enough and the patio is a big puddle... thanks goodness it's sloped away from the house as it should be.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

O Kay all you people with out snow
going to share some with you been snowing here since early am and has not stopped.
I lost one arbor already and keep hearing cracking in the woods which means trees may come down, hope not. LOL
Power keeps flickering. My lose it.

My poor rose, knew I should of cut it back sooner, oh well

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Heres Happy trails in the snow

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Santa's sleigh and all 8 reindeer and Rudolph

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.