The trip to DragonFly Gardens.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Rachel, here's the art work you wanted a picture of (after you had put your camera away and I had finally gotten mine out of Gwen's car!).

Thumbnail by Murmur
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the picture of the trellis Carole! I'm going to attempt to make one!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

A living arch at Dragonfly.

Thumbnail by rachierabbit
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I am in love with this bottle tree at Dragonfly. It is a burning bush that died and Heidi planted Creeping Wire Vine "Muehlenbeckia axillaris, Nana" under it and added the bottles. I am going to plant some under my "bottle tree" (small douglas fir that died) and try to replicate the look!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Cool leaf that Heidi at Dragonfly made.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Hydrangeas at Savage Plants

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Fiery maple at Savage Gardens.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

great pics i will post more tonite have to leave for work soon. so many more to show

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow, neat pics from everyone! Looks like it was a great day, and good weather! Add me to the list for next spring, too!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

You are on Susy.
Just got home and working the panos, lets see if they work on Daves.

This is the whole front of Heidi's house. The review doesnt show it right, maybe it wont work, well see.
It worked on this one you need to enlarge it, Mellisa, Carol, Gwen, and Rachel with Heidi in front of her house.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 1:19 AM

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 1:29 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This area is from the house looking across the yard.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I have been trying to send another one, but it wont send I think I know why, It has 4 pics in it I can do 3 in a panorama but not 4 I'll try to re size it later.
This shot I want to try something like it in happy trails with the Sedems, Melissa gave me. Maybe a little boot hill theme. But when we clean out the sheds I tossed by DHs old boots in the dumpster, got to go to the dump.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Here's another piece of Heidi's art work. The girls got a gift,

Sorry I aready posted that.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 1:57 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hostajim Injoying himself. And Heidi is having alot of fun, with us visiting.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 2:05 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is the bog Heidi started this last spring, cant wait to see how it works out.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Have you ever thought what to do with that old bed frame. Here's a thought. I can't remember what Heidi said she planted under it, but I'm sure one of the others of the group does. Maybe

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is a really neat fern, cant recall the name.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Let see, I wanted to buy these I think Heidi call the Geraniums, But after I took a good look at them, I love them but they where humming with bees, I am not afraid of them but am highly allergic to them, so now I'm thinking maybe one or two plants whould be okay not the mass planting like hers.

Sorry this is a bad Pic I

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 2:51 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Murmur and Rachel, and Gwen shopping with heidi

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 2:40 AM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I thought this was a rather unusual tree, I like the color and form. I know Heidi told me the name, but she just rattles if of and it goes right over your head and you think to your self "what did she say" and feel like you needed to have a tape recorder with you, She is really good and knows her plants.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

O Kay last post for tonite will have more, same time in PM work late again, poor me, glad I got all those plants potted cause this is going to be a bad 2 weeks have a manager on Vac. I am so glad that Sunday was a good day, and I hated myself all the way home for not staying with the group. But have to have discipline plus had no more MONEY, cant shop with out it.

Other things to to give your plants friends to talk to.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Laurie I knew you where in Gwen's car cause when we all met up, you jumped on my shoulder and whispered in my ear to take the pic of the guy with the ice cream cone.
And you where the one who pointed out all the pics to take.

She gets allot of seeds from different places and elsewhere. If there is that special something that is on anyone's list I bet she could find the seeds or the plant.

I want to go back I hope before she closes for the Winter, I want something she can order. has nothing to do with plants.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 3:52 AM

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Tilly great pics! There was so much to look at when the where there that I missed the little pig under the tree. Glad that you got a picture of him/her. I believe that the fern was called tatting fern. Here is a link to it in the plant files http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/78646/

I am going to buy one for my woodland garden when we go back in the spring! Can hardly wait!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

It's already on my calendar - I can't get over what a great time I had. It's so nice to get to know people better! Hope everyone can make it, PLUS some more who couldn't go this time!!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Me to the both of you, need to set a date soon. many more pics to come but off to work I go, send so more tonite.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh! Thanks for sharing those fantastic pictures, that just looks like a glorious day!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Rachie - I bought that Athyrium this summer - it's a cute one & has the coolest leaves/form.
I just hope it doesn't get ratty looking as it gets older. It's happy in a morning-sun spot, and we'll see how it does through the winter.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Let us know how it does I know that Tilly really liked it too. Would be good to know how it does before I buy one. Thanks, Rachel

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I hope it does well - I would like several more of these.
It's at least a foot high - supposed to max out at 18".
I wouldn't mind if it exceeded its expected height...

Thumbnail by Katye

I got an email from Heidi yesterday and she enjoyed our group so much! What a hoot! She wants us to come back in the spring and wishes there were more groups like Dave's Garden out there. I'd say we represented the species well! Good job, troops!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I'll have more time in the spring - Autumn is just too busy in the garden to take a day off.
Love to go see her place & meet you all.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 10:58 PM

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

That would be great to multiply are numbers this spring, she would love that. Maybe plan a picnic lunch in one of the areas. Like this one under the maple

And yes I love those ferns, I was thinking about liming my trees higher to get more sun in then I thought maybe I shouldn't I would lose the effect I want, Have all winter to think about it, who knows maybe mother nature will help. She took the tops of two alders last winter.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I think a picnic is a great idea!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I like this setting they are two pics of differant angles, But I would like a big shade tree at the right angle, so it would be shaded in summer.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Rachel what are you doing up so late i thought I was the only nut that had to do this late stuff.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Looks like there are a few night owls tonight... :)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I think this is the other shot so many and so small to see

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

O' my they say that's not good for are heath, their nuts. I'll be here till around 5 hate working nights messes up the hold day at least I got home a hour and 45 min earlier than last night.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Did you know you only get so many edits per day, I didn't went to edit one of the post this morning, my wording was wrong and I couldn't fix it made me look dumb.

This is the bank that the Tatting fern was one, the one I really like, thank you Rachel for the name.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

For me, it's not so bad if it's a consistent thing, but those rotating schedules are rough! Still, getting home after an evening shift seems to take me a good couple of hours to unwind. I used to rent netflix DVD's of TV shows and zone on the couch for a while.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.