The trip to DragonFly Gardens.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Still have more pics, I hope the power dosent go out on me, cant do much of anything else having a lazy day.

This is more or the bottles. they go along the driveway to the parking area, and is another of my panoramas.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm having way to much fun with this, I have marked some of these that I want to do in my own yard.
Winds are getting real bad, My DH is taking the flag down and all the wind chimes.

This is another one of the great garden designs.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And this one I will love to see in the spring

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hostajim has not seen the pics yet, said he hoped he wasn't in any of them, I told him sorry but he was hope he doesnt get upset.

this is another of the pics of the nursery.

I think I just lost my connection

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Just a flicker but better get off don't want to kill this thing.

Last pic for now, we are almost done with them all.

Melissa and Rachel

Melissa with her find of "Fuzzy Bunny" I think that is what it was called.
And the wagon load of treasures.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2007 4:32 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Wind has calmed a little try some more. If I disappear you know what happened

This is a shot above the small rock tower, LOL the colors

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Is was looking for the hitching rail, that would of went with this shot, but I couldn't fine it.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is a sneak shot of Heidi's hubby or one or the workers.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Just above the door is where the sign hangs on Heidi's house, that was in the very first post. I just love that door and want the skull for happy trails.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another shot of the nursery grounds the tree on the left side is where I saw the blue bottle tail dragonfly.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

How about rather large wine bottle cork screws.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

this is another one of the neat beds here. and the colors are so cool and the balance plus the textures

Thumbnail by tillysrat

That's Tradescantia 'Baby Bunny Bellies'.. worth it for the name alone! Who gets paid for thinking up these names? I want that job!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Pix,
You would be good at it

last post fo now.
Left to the nursery or right to the house
Also the bottle driveway but further away.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another neat bed I want to try this one

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Lost it for a moment and checked out the other treads. Poor Katy so far no damage here.

This is the same pic as the one before but at a diff. angle.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Tilly, I wish I had followed you around - you did a great job of getting photos of absolutely everything . . . boy, I can't wait to go back!!!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I think if I did my math right there are about ten to go. I love taking pics, its fun now that I have a camera that it doesn't cost a arm and a leg to develop them. then i can print what I want and delete the bad ones.
But the rest will done sat nite. I guess I missed something. Pixs said something about dolls heads, I don't remember that one.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2007 8:34 PM

Don't work too hard tomorrow - and be careful, it was still windy this evening when I picked my stepson up at the bus stop.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

It was a little windy on the boat ride to work, And boy did it pour in Lynnwood. Coming home was not bad caught the 6:50 boat. and the roads are a mess with all the leaves and branches down. But I have been thru worst and I know most of you have to. Whats going to happen next !!!!!!!!!!!!. If you watch CNN like I do I'm glad I live here, either flooding or drought or something else. NO THANKS.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I had to laugh - we lost power 3 times early this morning.
And once when it came back on, I was treated to news of flooding, really high winds (90 mph+), etc elsewhere.
Everything is good here - hope you're all safe & warm. (and your plants, too!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Laurie:
Going back through the thread you said something about a sign or quote that said " After 3 years of not dusting, it no longer matters" My grandmother would of finished it off with " You can plant Tater's, and have food for the winter"

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Regarding dust; my mom always has always claimed that it's a protective coating and should not be disturbed!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Tilly, the doll's heads were in one of the threads I posted for Granma Presby's Bottle house - and I have to agree with Pix, it is a bit of Outsider Art - uncomfortable, but interesting.

And I do so love people who have a healthy respect for dust.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Did I miss that post, was there a pic??
The reason I asked, There is a house here in Old town Poulsbo that has taken dolls, and have build mounds of soil around the bottom torso of the doll and planted flowers around it to make the flowing skirts.
I will have to make a trip and get some pics of it.
And during Xmas they do a gnome workshop. and they dress up all the dolls in lights.
And yes I know dust I have a China cabinet that has my Tigger trains in it and I hate to take them out to clean it, so afraid they will get broke. Cats have too help.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Tilly and Rachie and Murmur, thanks for all the pictures. I'm going back and forth between them and getting tons of ideas. What a great nursery and garden.

My brother read, and then passed on to me, a book called "The Secret Life of Dust" or something like that. It's about how "dirt" travels across the globe in the clouds - where it starts and where it ends up. I haven't read it yet, but it does sound interesting. My dust may have come from China!!

I love reading about moms who weren't bothered by dust. Mine was the opposite until Alzheimer's took over (and now it is so awful, I can barely stand it). When we were kids, I think we mostly ended up playing in our rooms because if the house started getting messy, she started getting edgy and even as liyoungsters, we picked up on it. Maybe that's why I ended up being a rotten housekeeper? My kids probably got nervous from the mess!!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol - I have a breaking point with the kids stuff; usually its when there are two forts, one doll house, a castle and a million lego pieces- they hurt when you step on them!!

.... I do let them play play-doh .... AT SCHOOL! I hate cleaning that stuff off the kitchen floor.

great pictures, I've looked at them all, and I find at least one or two catching my eye "again" when I scroll down. Thanks so much for sharing!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks too all of you, for enjoying them.

Going to post the last of them, then out to the greenhouse to take inventory on what I have out there and take some pics of the ones I don't have tags for so I can find the names to figure out where to plant them.

And I agree dust is a protective coating "DO NOT DISTURB"

The leaves of the Sumac (I think) fall color matches the orange ball. more of the art work

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is another shot along the drive. And HostaJims, Melissas and Gwens

This message was edited Oct 21, 2007 12:17 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another one of the beds but I forgot where we where

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The wonderful fall colors of some of the trees

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another of the way to use garden art

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is along the lawn area in front of the house to the right side. Where we all got to take home some starts off the plant on the right side with the pink flowers can't recall the name of it.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2007 12:40 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And this is the left side. There and 2 diff. angles

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And the other

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another of the landscaping ideas

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Heres another shot of the chain arch.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I cant recall I think its one of the trails
OOPS
I think I posted it already Its one of the many living arches.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2007 1:01 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is one of the trails. going around the house.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.