The trip to DragonFly Gardens.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

We all made a field trip today of 6 DGers and had a wonderful time at Dragonfly gardens and some of the other members went to other nurseries on their way home. I live in this area so I did not go cant wait to hear the rest of the adventure. I had to pot all the plants Pixy gave me, which took me 3 hours on the tail gate of my brothers truck. But anyway back to the garden.
It was wonderful, so many great things to see and a lot of great ideas of things you can do. I took 86 Pics and I don't know if I can post them all, But the first on is for Laurie I know how she loves to do house work, This is for you ( and all of us feel the same)
Please bear with me lots of pics to share. I might not get them all done in one day.
Those that where in the group where:
Murmur
Pixydish
Racerabbit
Gewenola (I know I spell it wrong)
Hostajim
Tillysrat (me)
Here goes

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is where we all met, Which was funny because Murmur and Gwen got there about the same time that I did they where inside and I stayed in my car until I saw Pix and Rabbit show up and saw Murmur come out of the store and I have met her before so I knew that was the group.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Here are the pics I'm not going try to tell anything on each one just look at them Qs later.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And another

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

One of the group, I forgot to mention the bottle tree

This message was edited Oct 14, 2007 7:46 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The pathways are everywhere and sooo cool

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I hope you are all holding your breath fo what is to come, lots and lots more

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I am not the best narrator But I love showing

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Again

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

That's is only part of it. There is so much more, But I lost track of where I was but these are the special ones. Check out time, I know I spent more than I should have, But it was worth it.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Need to stop this is last for now I see that I need to have a break for a min. this is some of our group shopping.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2007 8:09 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

There are so many, areas this one I think is really neat, those are wine bottles they have used as a raised border, But you can not use any bottle, they are not as thick and will break, wine bottles are thicker.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I am done for now will post more later I need to go nite nite soon, more to come on the morrow.
Tilly

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Great pics Mary! It was wonderful to finally meet you! Well I guess I will have to drink more wine I have the perfect place in my garden to do a "wine bottle border!" I just downloaded some of the pics I took, so here goes!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Reflective garden art at Dragonfly Farm.

Thumbnail by rachierabbit
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I want to say before I need to go to bed which I should of said before, I 'am so sad that some of you could not make it,
Suzybell How is your back doing?
And Kathy I would of pick you up. It was well worth it.
Katy I wanted so it meet you , planing another trip in March, are you guys game???

This message was edited Oct 14, 2007 9:19 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

More fun garden art at Dragonfly Farm Nursery.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

These little "disco balls" where darling! Can you tell that I love garden art as much as I love plants!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Love the glass door knobs!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

After Dragonfly Mellissa, Gwen, Carole and I went to Savage Plants which was just up the road. Here is a picture of the pond there.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Here is a fun container planting that I liked.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Under some of the cedar trees at Savage where these great "fairy mushrooms." Melissa and I where waiting for a little fairy to pop out from behind them!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

After Savage Nursery Melissa and I went to Valley Nursery to finish off our day. Here is a pic of Melissa and her packed Prius! You should have seen us! I think when we pulled through the Taco Time drive-thru to get dinner they saw the plants before they saw us!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And on your way to Little Valley you went righy by my house. So sad I wish I had Knowen would have flag you down. But I was out potting all those great plants Pix gave me.

I knew they would go to someone who would care for them! Already all potted up! That's a lot of work.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Trust me and I am glad I didn't give you my pots, I did not know they where so many I am glad in a way by leaving the group because I would have not had the time to make sure they would live, They are all potted and in the greenhouse the only one I didn't get to was the glads, but they will do fine in a cool area for now.
I want to thank you very much for them.

See? I knew you would need the pots! I think you are referring to the crocosmia 'Lucifer', though. And yep, they will be fine for a long time in a cool area. The humming birds love these so get ready.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm happy, But OH the work. Ha HA
And love every minute of it
Thank you.
Going to bed , Peace and Love

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you guys so much for sharing. Wish I could have been there. I'm definitely up for the next trip!!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

I was so glad I managed to squezzzzz into the back of Gwen's car!

Oh what a fabulous day you had - lets see - I'm sure that was Hostajim eating the icecream cone in Tilly's early photo, but who was the fish in bluejeans? (and thank you for the signage, I felt someone finally understood me - what's the other one, something like "After 3 years of not dusting, it no longer matters.") The gardens looked absolutely fabulous, and the idea of Rachier and Pixy pulling into the taco place and parting all the leaves to get to their meals just absolutely shouts "dedicated gardeners"!

A fantastic day out, and just looked like fun. Brillant fun. Look foward to more photos. They really are terrific.

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Mary, Rachel... more pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, yes, yes! Spring nursery trip!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

From left to right, Mary, Rachel, Jim, Heidi (owner of Dragon Fly Nursery), and Melissa.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Rachel studying the huge variety of plants.

Thumbnail by Murmur

From left to right - Melissa, Gwen, Jim, and Mary (Melissa was telling us all something quite fascinating . . . believe me, the girl is a wealth of knowledge about a LOT of things!).

Thumbnail by Murmur

Heidi and Melissa (we thought she looked like a bride with her bouquet here!).

Thumbnail by Murmur

The group, through one of the fabulous paths that Mary mentioned.

Thumbnail by Murmur

Melissa got caught stealing some leaves and Heidi threatened to have her arrested. (Not really, of course - Heidi wanted her to take some for her fabulous concrete art work - and they shared their knowledge and experiences . . . I was completely dumbstruck by the complexity of it all!)

Thumbnail by Murmur

And my new best friend (I wish!), the dearest dog ever - note the blue eyes!

Thumbnail by Murmur

http://davesgarden.com/products/go/view/14584/

Hey guys, take the above link to the new entry in the 'lets go gardening' section of Daves. This is to rate nurseries that are not mail order facilities. She can't be in the garden watchdog because she doesn't do mail order. Be sure to add your own glowing report, maybe a link to this thread as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.