Buggycrazy's Site

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Does Buggy let you add to an existing order that hasn't shipped? ;*)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

In her 2007 update section at the bottom of her main page she tells you how you can do that ;)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I am the queen of add ons. And she is great about it. She just adjusts the shipping, depending on how much you add.

About when does Lisa start to send out? :*) Tnx

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I'm thinking she won't dig until the foliage at least starts to die back, and most lily stalks are still pretty green here. She is not one to prematurely dig lilies. Maybe late October? You can always email and ask her.

I suppose you guys have warmer weather. Although we could have snow by the end of Oct. up here or it could be 65.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

She sent to me 3rd week of Oct. last year.

Noooooo 5 more weeks!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It kills me waiting too. But when those beauties arrive, you'll forget all about how long you waited, you'll just want more.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I've been trying to distract myself with irises and narcissus. It's not working very well. ;)
I still want to add to my Buggy order and I'm anxiously waiting to get a flyer for the PNWLS sale that's supposed to be in October?

Susy glad you brought that up :*) Did it arrive in early Oct. last year?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Intercessor, I just joined PNWLS this summer after Pard recommended it to me. This will be my first sale.

What cracks me up about the PNWLS sale is they price their shipping on what I believe is the flat rate box. But if you have a smaller order and it is cheaper to ship by a lower rate method, you will be pleasantly surprised when a check arrives in your mail for the overpayment. Has happened to me a couple of times. Now has anyone here EVER been reimbursed from a vendor who charges a ridiculous amount for shipping on a small order? Just a thought about how they do things.

Susybell, I am sure you will be pleased when you see their offerings. Heck, you can just go to the meeting and pick up your order!

Intercessor, judging from the postmarks on a couple of old flyers, it comes out about a month prior to the meeting, the last Saturday in October.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Pard! I most likely will do exactly that-go to the meeting and pick up my lilies...
You're right-it is VERY rare to get shipping refunded. It's fabulous that they do refund it. I'd still not mind not actually accruing any shipping if possible, though!!

So, if the flyer comes out about a month before the sale, then maybe next week it will arrive (woo-hoo!!)-that will make waiting for Buggy a little more tolerable!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

pard, you must be more behaved at the sales than I have been ;) I'm the one wondering if I will get a note in the box asking for another check for the extra shipping cahrges. Hey, but so far so good. It all has fit in that flat rate box.

I would like to add that many companies now ship by cost (what your order total is in dollars). For example, it seems unfair to be willing to pay, just say, $50 for one bulb and $30 for another, total of 2 bulbs and pay a huge sum for shipping, when they fit nice and snug into a small box. I'd say shipping is getting steep out there, even with some of my favorite companies.

So the PNWLS phamlet comes out early Oct. and bulbs are shipped late Oct?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My records from last year say the last week in Sept., but time will tell......

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

What is PNWLS?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pacific NorthWest Lily Society

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Moby

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

My sale catalog came today....I think I'm in trouble....

Anything interesting Susy? :*)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmm, well, let's see....there's a bunch of lilies from Northwest Bulbs-The Maks, whose greenhouse tour with the gorgeous lilies that (Pirate Photographer) Pard posted previously. They're all being sold in groups of threes, and that includes Elise-and at a very nice price.

Lily Garden has tons of things, sold individually, including Ariadne which I'd already decided to get, but it's less expensive. There are also good prices on some classics and a few I don't think are in the regular catalog. I'll have to double-check that, but I can't find my catalog right now. She's also including more "sneak previews" and some that are listed as "regional only". Pard, what does "Regional only" mean-pick up locally only, or only very small quantities available?

Plus, every order includes a bonus that they say looks like Pizzazz, but smaller. I'm guessing that it's one they decided not to introduce?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I got an email from Lisa tonight:
"I plan to ship your order soon, Friday or Sat. Let me know if this is
not a good time, I am a bit early so am giving out warnings."

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I like warnings like that one, jmorth, that you got from Lisa ;) Yay, for you jmorth!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I got my warning too. She says it's been hot there so she was able to dig early.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Goodie, goodie--I'm ready to dig & plant. We have nice cool nights here already. I bought mostly species from Buggycrazy. I put in my order from the Iowa Lily Society last night. And I've ordered a couple of other places. Should be fun---

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wanda, where does the Iowa Lily society get their bulbs from?

"Regional Only" means they are available only through bulb sales of the regional lily societies, such as PNWLS and the Iowa society that Wanda mentioned. I missed the part about the bonus bulb but now see it on the order form. Guess I was too busy photographing the pages of the sale catalog.....

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Do you have to be a Lily Society member to get the catalog?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

pard is most excellent to those of us with ants in our pants in the midwest and east who have to wait for the booklet to trek across country before we have any idea of what is in it. Thank you Miss Pard! Your efforts are appreciated ;) So sorry you missed seeing the free stuff.

Yes, you have to be a member, $15 per year. PNWLS is the only society that routinely ships bulbs so most of our members are not locals. It is well worth the membership fee to get access to the twice a year sales (spring and fall).

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Well worth the price, if your into lilies.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm a PNWLS member, I'm a PNWLS member, thanks to my dear sweet friend Magnolialover!!! She sent me a gift membership last Spring/Summer... I'm so wiggly!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL I'd like to see that!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ah, Moby, you know I can be wiggly!! :)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

What better way to be an enabler than to gift a membership?

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I have some of my bestest friends on this site.. :)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

That's cause you are such a Sweetie!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I agree!!!

Maxine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.