Buggycrazy's Site

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Wanda,

My latest asiatics are August Orange, Yellow Blaze and Yellow Star who all bloom into Sept. All oldies.

inanda aka Ginny

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

September lilies? Sounds wonderful! how did I miss that? My garden could use the extra color at this time of year.

Buggycrazy just sent me an email. Looks like I'll be digging this weekend. :)

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Wanda, don't forget Ginny is in Canada and about a month behind us. What blooms for her into September is blooming into August here.

oh. Stupid me. And I thought I'd discovered another level of lilies to buy....

I was almost convinced of the same error earlier in the ordering season! I was going through the lists of many Canadian companies and saw all those late dates and then started remembering the posts with the much later pictures and season even from Maine. So I started comparing bloom times with the ones I have in my garden. Looks like 3 weeks is the average difference for me.

Didn't stop me from sending ALOT of money to Canada anyway!

Looks like my Buggcrazy order will get here today. At least it didn't have to sit in the PO waiting for me to get home!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Non-gardening people just don't understand how come we get so excited this time of the year. :) LOL My husband just says, "You got ANOTHER box." And then I bounce around wildly and he just shakes his head and wanders off... :) LOL

Ticker,

even the mailman says that to me! and......"You're expecting HOW MANY more?" yes, we are a small community! He just drives away shaking his head.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Lilyfan! That's a hoot!! :) I don't see my mailman, so, I never know what he's thinking. :)

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

My super bulbs are being delivered and I am out of town until evening. I asked a neighbor to protect the precious shipment until I get back. We are celebrating a friends opening of a coffee/sandwich shop in Campbellsport,WI. I'll be so buzzed up from free cappuccinos & espressos I will probably plant bulbs into the morning :*)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Or all night long. heh, heh.....

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I love my mail lady Caren she knows that this and spring are the times to watch for boxes if its hot or raining she puts them in a safe place and she gets out of the car to walk around and see what she deliverd the year be for LOL
Gloria

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, I've tried to stay away from this forum for the last year or so, as my daylily addiction has grown to outlandish proportions.....BUT...I finally broke down and placed my first lily order with Buggycrazy (14 new lilies)...she should give you all a commission, LOL!!!! I ordered a few of the supersized ones, can't wait to see what they look like!
Vicki

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I just got my very first Buggy order today. I didn't order super-anything and they're still big. They're also nice and clean and fresh-excellent, in fact.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I remember not only the beautiful huge bulbs, but some of the healthiest root systems I had ever seen. How does she do it??

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I've bought some lily seeds from her before (just planted the baby bulbs in the garden a couple of weeks ago) and a Contorted Filbert this spring; everything that I've gotten from her has been in tip-top shape! I'm rubbing my hands together, in anticipation of the lilies :-)

This message was edited Oct 11, 2007 8:19 PM

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Well I got mine and some of them were so big, I had to dig the holes bigger! I got all planted except for about 20 before I had to leave for Las Vegas. I will finish the rest this weekend.

Still will have more coming from Llilyfan to plant

Hmmmph, No boxes today :*(

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hey sadie mae ~ great to see you here!

Now you've come to the dark side..... lily addiction. :)

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Moby!

Yep, and just like the daylilies, I buy them and then try to figure out where I'm going to put them :-P

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's the good thing about lilies, there are always those little pockets between the daylilies to tuck a lily in. Fairly cheap, too ~ the most expensive I've ever seen is 50 bucks. :)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Mine came yesterday! I left them out all day on the dining room table for my husband and visitors to admire, but now they're in the fridge in the garage. Wish my other bulbs -- Lily Garden and Old House Gardens -- would get here so I could get planting this weekend. Has anyone gotten anything from them?

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i just got notified that my old house garden bulbs are on the way....when i ordered from lily garden the other day she told me i would get the bulbs towards the end of the month....still waiting on colorblends & scheepers....WANT them here NOW :-)

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I didn't know about the Lily Garden. Uh-oh.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I've received my orders from Scheepers, Brent & Becky's, Odessey, Gilbert Wild, and Buggy Crazy...I've been hoping for just enough rain to loosenup the soil a bit. At this point I think I'll have to go rent a jackhammer to break the soil up due to its hardness. The acompaning pic is a crack in the earth into which I stuck a bamboo stick - it went in over a foot.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

well, my Lily Garden order just arrived, just as I was about to send them an email. Must say, they're lovely looking bulbs as well. Turns out my memory is rotten. The Buggy bulbs weren't as big as I remembered them from last year -- no doubt because all this discussion and build-up had played tricks on my brain so that I was expecting (and half fearing) mutant cantaloupes. They're huge, don't get me wrong, just not radioactively huge. And the Lily Garden bulbs were bigger than I remember them being last year. They smell great too. What a fantastic package to open.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I think Buggy has had irrigation problems too (see website). So her listing sizes were less than last years, but then they are still plump and gorgeous, with excellent root systems.

I love the smell of those bulbs too. Lilies are grand now, aren't they?

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Can you get arrested for snorting lily bulbs?? If so, we're in a heap of trouble...

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Lol!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I think the bulbs I got from Buggy Crazy are plenty PLENTY big. I'm glad they're not any bigger, actually. And the root systems are incredible. It's just my imagination that got carried away in anticipating them.

I love that we're all flipping out over baggies filled with earthy, heavy, fleshy lumps that are basically the very opposite of flowers. Going to steal a quick sniff now....

Wow, wow, wow! My bulbs showed up today. All I can say is wow! The supers are absolutely gargantuan. One normal sized oriental weighs a pound and is enormous. Far bigger than I ever got from other companies. I'll post pics and measurements after I catch my breath :*) All smiles here...

Thumbnail by intercessor
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hay whos the cutie your gardener????? love those cheeks!!!!!!!!
Gloria

For now she plays with the soil and deadheads flowers :*)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

If shes like mine were, is it before or after there dead????????LOL
oh how sweet I wish mine were still that young
Gloria

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

So, is the bulb bigger or smaller than the baby? ;) (She is adorable-great smile...)

She is bigger :*) But my L.Henry bulb weighed in at 1.25 pounds and over 4.5 inches across at its widest point.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Buggy's bulbs are the best, aren't they? You have to experience it to knowit, don't you agree? We can all talk about it and talk about, but until one (or 30) arrives on your doorstep (cracking the cement on your front porch), you just can't imagine how wonderful it is.

intercessor, I knew that package would make you smile;)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Intercessor, my how that little girl has grown since the RU at Madison.
So glad that she hasn't lost her smile ability.

Maxine

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Gosh Andrew, she gets cuter and cuter everytime you post a picture of her!! Such a sweet little baby!! Such a little sweetheart. ;)

Buggy's bulbs are pretty darn sweet! I'm so glad I found this forum and through it Buggy and Faraway Flowers!! :) And of course, all the wonderful folks in this forum. :)

Diann

Rain in the forecast 9 of the next 10 days :*( No Buggy bulb planting for awhile...

I got a few pleasant surprises transplanting some bulbs yesterday. I had 2 'Tinkerbells' this spring and ended up with 3 medium and 15 babies by fall, also my one 'Viva' produced 16 babies!

I think she is a sweet one :*) They sure are curious critters though. Anything that makes a noise, lights up, or moves they have to investigate. She likes to use the keyboard and click the mouse.

It was misting all day Saturday, but that didin't stop me from digging in my gardens. I moved some asiatics out of shady spots where they were languishing and into the sun. I took out my notes from this summer and carefully dug all the mislabeled and duplicate bulbs. I moved shorter lilies to the front--like Aphrodite, Lillian & Fata Morgana. I moved my dwarf lilies into the same area so I can watch them better for bunny damage.

I planted l. martagons (whites & lavenders), l. cernumms, l. nepalese,l. tenuifolium etc from Van Bourgandies in sunny to partly shady spots. Whew! 10 hours of digging and muddy from head to toe!

The Buggy crazy bulbs arrived and are HUGE! I had to clear back row sunny spots for my BuggyCrazy bulbs since I ordered tall hybrids: El Flame (aurelian), Queen Kong (OT) and tall species: L. henryi, L. henri citrinum, L. lancifolium, l.tigrinum flavorflorum. I also picked up the delicate L.lankongense for a shorter spot. I've got the labels & stakes done for this group, but waiting for it to stop raining so I can get them buried.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.