Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 6

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Trops, Thought that might get a rise outta ya. All in fun, I assure you. My OH was sitting next to me when I wrote that. We have 2 magnets on the fridge that show all the perceived BAD traits of our signs. I put Leo down as was, and flipped the ones of gemini. She IS a leo(date above is accurate), and I waited 38 years to find someone like her. Between our signs, both being youngest kids (me of 4, her of 5), and me being bi-polar, we have a lot of laughs! I saw on the birthday part for moi: The months ahead will begin some excitement about a new career opportunity that may allow you to follow your greatest ambitions. Oh, I do hope so. Driving a mixer truck is so boring, and keeps me away from my gardening!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Awwww.....I bet you guys do have a very fun relationship. Glad you enjoyed your horoscope, enjoy that last bits of your birthday.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Paul , Tropicanna & Pep,
All very well said .
But this was the Best bit ,

Quoting:
Appealing in social situations, as a friend, Leo can be counted on to brighten anyone's day.

Well I do try my best .

And Tammie thank you for your Welcome back .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I've always had fun with astrology (hippie parents, 2 Scorpios, yikes!) , don't know if anyone else has ever paid attention to their moon sign and rising sign, but that's pretty interesting, too.

So brighten our day, Kell, how bout some more elephants?

We get a lot of MOON signs in the swimming Pool .
But they are from ppl diving ???

Some one here Does Palm signs .
Was that Tammie ?

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Not me. My father is Leo... Mom is Scorpio and mine is up next.. very soon now.

My first cannas to bloom.. finally. Here is a seedling.. at leas I think it is.. it is from last year and first time to bloom.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, Tammie, your Birthday is soon! So that makes you a Cancer. I view the signs very differently for men and women, so I'll be nice to you. Cancers are very intuitive (even the men!). Pretty canna

WOW Tammie ,
That sure is Nice .
Could you take a full Pic of one of the leaves ?
It looks so similar to my Yellow Canna .
Your's has so many flowers on one spike and still more to come .

Went through our old thread ,
and it was Red who is interested in Palm reading .
So where is Red at the Moment ?
I want to taste some of your raspberry jam . lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I know a little about palm reading, but you have to at least have pictures of your hands. I can't remember what those little crosses mean, I don't think it was good, but I have a bunch of those...now I'm worried...Red!

I know a bit about Numerology though, takes awhile to get somewhere with that, though, adding #'s and so forth

Numerology ? I lost count of that . lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I picked up a lot things when I was young and traveling, lots of time in cars. Pretty interesting stuff though, but you kinda need a reference book of sorts to get it.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ummm, I was teasing about someone having a long life line, I don't know nuthin' bout reading palms!! lol

Tammie, you canna is really pretty, LOTS of blooms !

Ginger - wish I could share the raspberries, they wouldn't make it to AUS tho.. the kids are fighting over them; soon we'll have enough ripe they won't need to keep track of who had more. !! I think Olivia is going to be an attorney, she keeps track of how many strawberries (which are just coming on as well) each person has had, and gives me considerable grief if she doesn't think she's received her fair share. I wish they had a kindergarten debate team she could join.

lol @ Billy Lids .

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Red, or a CPA. Griping about equal distribution of bonus payments or dividends.
My OH does some numerology. It's funny though, how her ex-hub and mine are the exact same, even same first name, yet, we are so opposite. Also one of the reasons she won't marry me- oh well. Dated a Filipina years ago when I was in the Navy, and she did tarots and palm reading. Some stuff she would get off the tarots was freaky- meaning, comeing true.
LL, is that a William Wallace? I think that's the one, I have 4 of them going, still babies in that canna pic of mine.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mine are still small too. Hopefully when heat hits they will shoot up and give me some blooms.

Hey Paul , I think they have all gone Fishing ?
It's been raining here all day . Tank 1/3 full .

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

No fishing til this weekend for me. And that's if it don't rain.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Good on you, m8! Know you guys desperately need the rain. We've had a wet winter and spring. Resevoirs are still only 70-90% full. But the heat and wind is coming, so will lose a lot of that to evaporation, as it is very dry here(high desert plains). If you ever see pics of Denver with tons of trees, if it wasn't for irrigation, none of them would be here, just cottonwoods in the dry stream beds(it's underground) and scrub oak.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I didn't realize that about Colorado ... I always do think of it with lots of trees.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

The mountains do ok, for the most part, because of all the snow. But, where it is any kind of flat(even in the mountains), nada so much. Even somewhere like Steamboat, which is a bowl in a big, long valley, down at the base, hardly any trees. Think Wyoming, but with civilizationa nd irrigated cities. Heck, 14 inches of rain a year is the norm, and most of that is snow.

Hey Paul , That's the amazing thing about our threads .
Always something new to learn .

So what is the subject for today ???

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hmmmm... today my personal topic is "clean-up!" inside : ( and hopefully outside ; )

Tropicanna ,
Here is thar red leaf thing near my my pond you asked about .
It is a slight variation .
Mine was / is a single coloured one .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Quoting:
today my personal topic is "clean-up!" inside :

Hmmmmm , Eat lots of Bran ?

The hot and dry has already arrived here ... supposed to be 100F today.. 38C that is a bit warm. The cannas should enjoy it! that bloom of mine looks like Richard Wallace.... it could be. I also have some yellow King Humbert blooming. I think I have that in about 3 or 4 places around the yard... good, I have excess of something I can remove to make room for something else.

Tammie

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

WOW Tammie 38C.
You sure are up and down in Odessa, TX .
We are heading into our so called winter .
We have a Indoor Fire .
It's mainly to dry out the air inside the house .
Otherwise we get a lot of mould with the wet weather .

I still have trouble getting into my head that it is approaching winter for you down there. Yes, I understand the tilt of the earth and all that... just difficult to comprehend when you have not lived it. LOL Mold is very rare here any time of the year but I think we are starting to have conditions more liking to the ucky stuff. Lots more humidity every year. I have lived here since 1974 other than off to school and 5 years in California... I could not believe the difference in increased humidity when I came back from California. Thought it was just a 'wet' year... well, it has lasted 4 years now! Yuck... humidity!

Tammie

Tammie , Do you have any more Pics of your Handy work ?
I really liked your Stitch Things . Please let's see some more .

For those of you who have not yet seen or visited this site .
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/730373/#new
Please Take the time to make a comment .
Worst thing that could happen is ,
You might get a Laugh out of it . Kell

Lets see what I can find... I do a lot of free standing lace things like bowls and bookmarks... whoopee... got my embroidery machine back yesterday. ONLY $106 to fix it... a fuse!

Here some bookmarks

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

more bookmarks... these are the ones I do the most... very easy to slip into an envelope.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

A towel I did for our Puppy Match at the dog show.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

this is a crate pad/mat I made. it is 24" x 36"... fits my dogs cages... only one dog goes in a cage... when I am not home to keep her safe from the other two. The other two have the run of THEIR bedroom.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

Here is the corner of a fleece baby blanket I did for my neighbors adorable Lhasa Apso... yes, his name is Simon.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2007 12:57 PM

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

One last one for now... don't want to monopolize the thread with boring pictures. This is a bowl I did... it is entirely of thread. I love this design. I also have a bookmark I make that is very similar.

A bowl like this can take up to 6 or more hours to stitch then the time to prepare and put together. the bookmarks take from 20 up to 45 minutes each to make and just the little baby blanket takes about 25 minutes to stitch.. that does not include the time to decide colors, arrangement and getting it ready to stitch....which in my case can be hours sometimes! LOL

So, the next time you receive something that has been embroidered you will know that a lot of time and effort went into it.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2007 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

Thanks Tammie for sharing those Pics.
The last one looks so cool .
I can see where all the work goes into it .
Let me assure you , No one here would be bored .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Tammie, thanks again for sharing your work! It's always a pleasure to see someone's creativity.

Kell-That is a gorgeous alternanthera-I used to have one and it even reseeded here-can't find it again though. For you it will prob. do great year round.

It has been next to the Pond now for 2 years .
It is presently in flower .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I think then what you have is known as Joseph's coat-generic term for I think several alternantheras. None are hary here, but I do have, and really like "Partytime Pink"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.