Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 6

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ginger, it is juncus-corkscrew rush. I almost gave it away last year figuring I'd never have a water garden. Glad I didn't-lol

Got my first rain lilies, too-couldn't find the tag to tell if these are the z. robustus or habranthus, but they're so cute!

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

one more-close up of the Tropicanna Black Bloom

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

That Black Bloom sure is nice .
I wonder what has become of mine ???

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh wow - both those pics are beautiful , love the lily , too!

ok - yesterday pic

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

and today - not perfect, but I love that big rock .... I harvested it from a construction site a couple of blocks away, I could barely pick it up - very heavy!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

different angle - I wish I could've taken grass out and put more plants in, just not in the budget today!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yep, still think those lilies are unsightly, not to mention the callas-lol. They need to come here for the summer.

I was going to post a pic of my really messy stuff, but here you go Red, make me look really bad with your gardens....lol

Kell, how's your Black doing?

Red , That looks great .
Amazing what can be done in one day .
Do you put a lot of fertilizer in when you do things like that ?

Tropicanna , I had my blacks on order .
But they never came ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

They are often backordered because the demand is so high. That's why I waited nearly a year for mine (the company that sent me a small one and then is going to send another next year) before I lucked out an found them at a big box store. Call the company, give em Kell!

#1 Son heading down to Shiteney today ,
So I will look in on way back from Airport .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Good luck, Kell

If anyone knows anything about virus I posted a thread and am looking for feedback, thanks!

Quoting:
If anyone knows anything about virus

A shot of penicillin would clear up YOUR Virus .

Where is the thread ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, I don't need penicillin, silly head, I'm talking about canna virus. If I didn't know you, that MIGHT have offended me

here's the thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/732238/

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

canna & Kell - ty, you are kind... I usually do put alot of fertilizer in, but the dirt there is pretty good, this time I just added some composted manure, I'll probably throw on some fertilizer in the next week or so.

Canna, I want to see your messy areas !!

Me too .
Let's see it .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Gee, that's gonna be tough. lol I'll just show you my nice gardens, how bout that?

Ya'll like chain link? Mine is so attractive. Not to mention I need someone with a truck to bring a few loads of mulch over

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Woops, that didn't work. Kinda messed up my joke too, oh well. But now you get the chain link is hot thing and the need for mulch

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry about the fuzziness.

As you can tell, organization is not a strength of mine

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yep, this is basically the front of where we hang out.

I like planting and watching blooms but don't much care for maintaining and designing..lol

it does get worse, but I'll have to wait till I hear from ya'll :)

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

THAT is Not a MESS!! you have some beautiful plants. Your hostas look good, and the last photo looks great! We're all too hard on ourselves.... I didn't get nearly as much done today as I wanted.

You're entertaining enough to forgive the fuzzy pictures... do you think Kell is having another can of happiniess? He's fallen in his cannas and can't get up!

Tropicanna , Are they mushrooms in the front of your garden ?

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha ha! Love the meerkats! Those are seashells from home I have in that little bed.

I did say those were my nice gardens, and I finally mulched some this weekend...lol. I have a few worse pics. I actually kinda try to plant things to where the tallest is in the back, it just never works out that way. But today I was walking around thinking I had much better examples. I haven't touched the front yard in about a year, weeds and passionflower everywhere.

This is my new hosta/woodland bed. It was made the total slack gardener way. Just pile a bunch of grass, leaves, and newpaper etc on top of grass, wait about 10 months, dig holes and plant. It looks rough without weeding and mulching, though, and it wasn't lovely that 10 months...lol

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh, I love your hosta bed - and I have made "slacker beds" myself with the newspaper treatment, it's waaaay better than pulling out grass from clay soil.... but a long ten months of looking at it !! lol

nice job!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

It really did look like that too long. It was just so intimidating, the thought of having to dig this huge area. And then FINALLY it dawned on me that I didn't really have to dig the whole area....plants live in terra cotta pots....pretty much the same as our soil. It was liberating. I finally planted there.

I'm sure I can cram at least a dozen or two more plants in that spot. In three years I expect a full jungle.

Look at this .
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1946720.htm

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, so you have floods in onepart of the country and drought and water restrictions--are you in the area with all the rain?

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I know you mentioned you got some rain.. how much.. is your pond filling up? We also lost some people in south and east Texas with the rains recently... only got a sprinkling here where I live... 20 miles away have had several good downpours! Not fair!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hope your new job is going well Tammie, I know those were long days for you.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I really start orientation on monday then will start working on thursday.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh Tammie, good luck with the new job!

I hope Ginger doesn't lose power,

Shiteney is 1000 kilometers South of here .
And No , We got no where near as much rain as they are getting .
We got less than 2" in one day .
5 are confirmed dead so far .

More News .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1946448.htm

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

good morning everyone... Ginger how is everything today?

Suny and blue skies here .

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Same here. Birds are singing too. Going fishing later with my dad.

Heres a Pic of my last fishing trip with my FOL .
This is the Logan River .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Nice river. We are going to a local lake called the Resevoir.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

great picture, beautiful river

have fun Pepper - what kind of fish?

Better angle of water & reflections .

Yes good luck Pep .
Don't forget your camera .

Thumbnail by ginger749

I won't forget the camera. It will be just me and my dad going but if we go to a good spot we should get a fish or two.

Red, I usually fish for crappie since that is what the lure I use is for. But otherwise it's for whatever I can catch. I use a lure that is shaped like a squid or jellylish. Very popular and they love to eat it even though it's fake. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.