Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 6

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

good advice Paul - I mowed this morning and left the cuttings on... some parts are starting to look parched.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

first peony bloom

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Ginger, we misssss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, after the talk about hops, I woke up to the smell of chocolate barley and hops yesterday. The BF finally decided to brew a lactose stout for me after all these years of begging-it's already fermenting now, I can't wait!

vadap, good job with the seedlings, my luck was embarassing this year, I hate to admit-lol

Tammie, I'm almost inspired to put some buckets out for rain, just to be a conservationaist :)

ginger--- kinda weird without ya, hope your computer gets fixed soon

;)

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I love using rain water on my plants for as long as I can. That way I know exactly what is going on them. I use mosquito dunks in the standing water to prevent them. They work well.

Yes, I am sure ginger is missing our abuse too.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Girl, what are you doing up? I know I have sleep problems..but...lol

I just discovered mosquito dunks for my little water tub garden-they're great

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Red ,
Raspberries are looking great .
Don't know what a peony is ?
Looks a bit like our carnations .
And Paul , Your cannas look a treat .

Well I almost have a new Puter .
More than 3/4 of parts were replaced .
Tower and CD reader is old all else is new .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Tammie and Canna - you two were up late last night! and thanks for the influence, it's supposed to rain some today and I'm going to put out some buckets,cooler etc.

Ginger - I'm glad your computer is almost back together - and we hope you've been taking alot of pictures... the raspberries are delicious, wish I could share with everyone! -especially Canna, then maybe she'd share a pint of her new brew, it sounds delicious as well. Are you going to name it? I used to make labels for DH's brew; Rinella Red was my favorite oh and 1040EZ (this to celebrate the end of tax season, he worked as a CPA at the time).

happy Monday everyone; only 10 days of school left here... then, "SCHOOL'S OUT For SUMMER"

And then the FUN begins ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I always joke around with beer names-I was thinking of naming it either "Shenequa Cream Stout" (an inside joke) or "Sufferin Succotash Stout". It is supposed to taste like Mackeson's Triple Stout-not sure if you guys have tried it, but it's my favorite beer----thick black and creamy sweet......mmmmmm.. I can never find it around here but it was my primary food group back in college, along with the other staple of rum and gin-lol

I have sleep issues and was surprised to see someone else up so late, had to give Tammy a little hard time.

So Kell! You are back, and your pictures I hope are okay. I learned today that AUS has a huge proportion of carbon emissions per person, almost as much as we do.

There had been a power surge that cooked the insides .
I think the Power Supply stopped first causing the MB to overheat .
And hence the chain reaction .
I now have 2 MB's

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

so did you loose your photos?

I won't know till I re-install CompuPic.

Beer sounds Great .
But not at 2.30 am .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

It's 2:30 am there? Usually I would have needed a few to stay up that late.

So what did you do without your computer for a couple of days-besides build a mini Taiwanese restaurant

My son sent me that Pic. from Asia .
I was in a Internet Cafe when I opened His Email .
As it was my only Pic. I sent it here to all you Non believers .
Thanks for your support , In my hour of need .
Wanna see some more Asian Pics ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pics from Asia-they aren't explicit are they ?-lol, like we would care

I think we all really missed you ginger, kinda like a weird patriarch of this thread-lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OH, Kell-did you see it's vadap's birthday? There's a thread on this forum pepper started...FYI

Thank you Tropicanna .
And yes the Pics from Asia are all Nudes .
Nude elephants bathing .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Yes I did know it was Pauls BD .
I sent him an Email .
He had a great day .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh wow! Was your son there riding elephants? Looks like fun--where exactly were they taken?

He sent so many Pics.
I'm not sure where this was taken .
Here vis another one .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks very exotic-do you know what country he went to?

I found this-try again with your intro to hip-hop (remember, you have to try and catch the lyrics)-this captures intelligent hip-hop pretty well, it is a few yeas old. It's edited, so not offensive, but if this is not palatable, maybe I can find something else...lol...don't know why I feel it is my mission to get you to listen to Talib Kweli, The Roots or Mos Def...but here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHReQQnMVQo&mode=related&search=

# 1 son will be up soon .
He does a night shift at work .
So I will ask him where the Pics. were taken .

Here he is on one .
It was a full day trip

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks fun-how old is your oldest?

He will be 25 in July .
He is also a Leo .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Leos are nothing but mirror-kissing trouble-lol! My neighbor had her 25th birthday Saturday....25 was a good year...seems so long ago-lol

When's your birthday, ginger?

Quoting:
mirror-kissing trouble

Is that from experience you say that ?

And does that include males ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Of course I speak from experience, and absolutely, males count too, here. Honestly I've not known too many male Leos, (nothin but trouble, I tell ya!) but I did date one for about a year, it was an interesting combination to have two headstrong fire signs together. We were way too good looking for each other-lol-not to mention talented, he played drums too--just not as good as I do (okay, I can't pretend that's true, course I'm smarter though-lol)

Are you a Leo, Kell?

5th August , I guess I am .
But I'm none of the things you mentioned .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

BULL%$#&!lol

You're full of it, too, another Leo trait. But think about it-- being strong, having leadership qualities, being smart, talented, good-looking, outgoing, headstrong (there's other good stuff, I'm just not that alert today)....these aren't bad to trade off for mirror kissing and a quick temper...right?

OK , I have mellowed with age .
Like a Good bottle of Vine .

Just asked Son about his trip .
Pics. are from Chiang Mai . Tailand .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks like fun-Thailand, a place I know little about, but am interested in

So how do I know so much about Leos? Not nearly as bad as Geminis--lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Yeah - glad your back Ginger! love the Thailand pictures, those elephants look very happy.... he looks like he's laughing in one picture.

canna, can't wait to hear how the stout comes out (nice rhyme) ... I used to drink Terminator Stout made at the McMeniman's pubs here in Oregon; we called it "beerfood" very filling & yummy. If anyone ever visits, make sure you visit a McMeniman's - they make their own beer and alot of the pubs have a movie theatre, you can relax with your stout and have a slice of pizza. ... my favorite is one in an old grade school it has a movie theatre, plus you can rent a room if you overindulge (old classrooms-complete with chalkbord) or even smoke a cigar in "detention" they've left the hallways the same.... very cool place, and it's always fun to be "bad" in school.

I hear Geminies are really bad ppl .
Self centered , Mean , Nasty , Give Me Gime , and more ???
Do you know any of these Type ?
I certainly don't . Thank goodnes .

Thanks Red , It's good to be back .
Key Board battery going flat & the mouse , Both are blinking .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, if I go to Oregon, McMeniman's it is! Do they let you smoke clove cigarettes in detention? If not, I haven't had a cigarillo in a while. We've actually contemplated opening a brewery-the BF tends to think it will be a big investment and a lot of work.

Leos are trouble...Geminis are trouble...it's a bad mix. I was always attracted to those two-faced devils though...air and fire...you know what happens there

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello, glad to have everyone together again.. we did miss you ginger. I am usually up fairly late... oh, 3 or 4 am. That is going to change drastically since I will be working 7a to 7p .. I do orientation next week and then start working. Can't wait to finally have a real paycheck again.. it's been 3 1/2 years since I have worked full time at full pay. It will be nice to be able to easily pay my bills again. First thing on the agenda after the credit card is paid off.. have my computer rebuilt. I built this back in 2000 I think.. old processor and slow.

Tammie

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Leo's- arrogant, pushy, stubborn, dogmatic, lofty, jealous, smug, vain, proud, patronizing, tempermental, controlling, pompous, bossy and interfering!
Geminis, bright, intelligent, multi-faceted, good looking, quick witted, always helpful, committed, ambitious, life of the party, problem solver!

Of course, my OH is a leo, and she shows very few of those traits. Must be genetics or something! She is 8/03/69.

Is that stout anything akin to Guinness?! Nothing like a pint to cure what ails ya!

LL, congrats on getting back to work. 12 hour days is something I know alot about, unfortunately. Plus, I never know when my day starts until the previous evening, and never know when it ends, till it ends! Life in concrete. Againa, congrats, and good luck!

Kell, great pics. Knew it was Thailand as soon as I saw that sign. And welcome back to full time posting!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Bout time you were back ginger!! lol. Great pics.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

So, I just looked up the first site I found and for your birthday vadap, here's a horoscope: http://my.horoscope.com/getHoroscope.asp?day=4&month=6&year=2007&sign=3&inyear=1970

Gemini:Gemini has so many talents and interests, sometimes you may find that your attention gets split between too many things at once. It's just so easy for to start doing something, then get distracted by something else that seems equally as fascinating. Yet this diversity will also be the root of your success, for you have the ability to accomplish much more than the average person, often in a relatively short time. You're able to keep track of a wide range of information that would confuse a lesser person. Rather than causing undue stress, the many demands on your time and attention actually seem to increase your energy and motivation.

Famous Gemini personalities include the poet Walt Whitman, who summed up a significant aspect of the Gemini character when he wrote, "Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself. (I am large, I contain multitudes.)" Symbolized by the Twins, Gemini celebrates not just the duality, but the multiplicity of human nature. Gemini recognizes the complexity of life, and is open to the abundance of possibilities that exist in a single moment.

Walt Whitman, very nice. both signs are trouble and have their good points :)

Leo: Leo is characterized by the lion, a symbol of pride, dignity, and nobility. Perhaps more than some other personality types, Leos can be deeply wounded by an insult or personal slight, yet their generosity and good nature can make them very forgiving.

Traditionally, the Leo personality is famous for its magnificent charm. Most Leos have a persuasive smile that can get them just about anything they want. They like to take good care of their physical appearance, and usually have an animal magnetism that gets attention wherever they go. But Leo doesn't rely on charisma alone. There is a lot of creativity and strength in this sign. Natural leaders, Leos are sometimes accused of being arrogant or stubborn, but in fact it is their confidence and persistence that produce success. Even when things don't go as planned, Leo's inborn grace may save the situation.

Appealing in social situations, as a friend, Leo can be counted on to brighten anyone's day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.