Snowrose started a thread about variegated foliage

(Zone 1)

Variegated Stuff: First a Dragonwing Begonia ... ID'd by another DG'er as 'Benigo'

Thumbnail by plantladylin
(Zone 1)

And ..... a sickly Verigated Ficus Benjamina:

(Zone 1)

A coleus that was dumped behind the shed:

(Zone 1)

Coral Bells/Huchera

(Zone 1)

Ficus .... Love the coloration in this one:

(Zone 1)

A neat little Aloe, love the variegation on this one.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Someone asked what my plant in the background was last night....it is a Ficus evidently because it is identical to yours....
I love the color in it!!!

I am not playing on the computer now as I have to get over being exhausted from the heat. I did go over to take pics and get my hibiscus trees....I kept thinking that I was going to faint and I was perspiring through all my clothes....

When i got a home a few minutes ago I checked accu weather......................
No wonder i thought I was dying

It said that is 90 degrees with a real feel of 102 because we have almost 100 percent humidity today..........
I am never getting out the rest of the summer unless it is early in the morning or in the evening.....enough of this...
It is not even June yet!!!

(Zone 1)

Amen, Gail! I hear you! I have been in and out all day today ... I have to take breaks because it is so hot. We have only had low 80's today with wind, but it sure feels hotter than that to me! Next Monday and Tuesday we are supposed to be at 91 or 92. It's waaay to early for this heat! I am so glad we are having the winds and breeze ... makes it a bit easier to tolerate! I don't blame you for staying inside ... I can just imagine what it's gonna be like in July, August and September! Those are usually our hottest months!

Hope you will post a pic of your Hibiscus! Are you going to plant them outdoors or keep them as houseplants?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lordy, Lordy, Lin!!!! It took my brother and Octavio to get them out of my car....they must be waay over 6ft. tall and won't stand alone.....
I do wish the landscaper would get here to give me some over all plans....she is busy right now.....i keep buying plants with no idea where they are going to be permanently.

Will post pics tonight on both hibiscus and the wrought iron neat plant stands, etc. on this thread later on.

(Zone 1)

I'll be watching for your post Gail!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin, go to the Home Depot complaint thread and see my wonderful finds today at Lowes on the way home from Johnsons....I need an ID, too!!!

(Zone 1)

Done!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

OK.....I am a little embarrassed that I am too tired to crop picture or anything......it was so hot and bright, I couldn't tell what was even in the picture .......I just clicked at everything until I could click anymore because of the heat...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Oh, nice nursery! And, I would dearly LOVE to have that Arbor!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

so many wrought iron pieces one doesn't know where to start

I do, too, Lin

This message was edited May 30, 2007 7:16 PM

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

uh oh ... I want that bench/arbor combo too!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

we are cross posting like we did last night.....what a party we had!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This was a free standing piece with lots of holders for fairly large size pots

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

this piece would wrap around a tree with several levels to put nice size plants on

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

They don't have one item or plant that I wouldn't like to buy

****Why don't you plan a trip down here with a friend....I can take you around here and then to Houston.......you will not believe the good shopping of plants up and down the way

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This has a flat back.....holds a big pot on top and then lots of plants in a semi circle...so cute

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Notice where you can put a plant at the top and then lots of space below in that empty part

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

if you are getting bored, the show is almost over, but the best is yet to come!!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is an adorable piece that is free standing....
It is taking 3 times longer on Dave's to upload photos now.....i have had my computer checked.....probably a lot of traffic on the site at night

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am only going to upload two more.....they have many smaller pieces I can show you later...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Is this wonderful or what?????????????

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is where you can come visit....I don't care for the pots, etc.....

Need to run go see the rest of "So You Think You Can Dance" and be back at 8:OO

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Oh My Goodness .... I wanna go to Texas! Love that f ee standing one in you post at 8:19 p.m.

hee hee ... can you tell one of my keys is stuck on the keyboa d??!! I am gonna type anyway! Y'all can -ead between the lines, can't ya?! This is too much! Never realized - hey I got it unstuck! Never realized how often the R key is used! Wonder if I spilled something while at the computer recently? :) Anyway, I'm glad it's working again!

Gail ... I know I would love that nursery! I like those pots too! Wish I could come over your way with a big U-Haul Truck .... but, I'd probably end up needing a Semi to cart everything I'd want to buy back home! :)

Well, I'm gonna lurk on some other forums for a few minutes ... back later!

Wow Gail! THAT's where I wanna go! I really need to get my husband into working with wrought iron... LOL

Look what I found at Lowe's today! A Chlorophytum 'Fireflash'! Yay!! They have one inside with the houseplants, but it looks pretty bad and they want $10 or $12 for it and I just won't pay that for a sad-looking plant. Then when I went outside, they had this one out there as an annual for $4! I guess they assume we're so dumb that we'll not notice it's the same plant, much healthier, for a fraction of the price! LOL

Thumbnail by RainGazer
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

wow, you lucked out, too!! congrats

(Zone 1)

hee hee ..... They probably don't even know it's the same plant!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin, what two plants???? I am lost?????

(Zone 1)

Gail: RainGazer shows the 'FireFlash' plant that she got at Lowes and she said they had the same plants inside the store with houseplants for $10-$12 but she got hers outside in the garden center part of the store for only $4 .... I am guessing that the Lowes people don't even know that the two plants are the same ... since the pricing was so totally different - one at $4.00 and one at $12.00 .... Amazing!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, they do that here all the time!!!! One day I almost turned myself in as they only charged 3.98 for plants that were 6.98.......i didn't because they have more often overcharged me than they ever undercharged me.....I figured it all came out in the wash of things....

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I decided after seeing someone find beauties at Walmart I set foot to start looking there when I am around......look what jumped out at me today....yummy ...it is called 'Variegata portulacaria'.....grown in Conroe, Texas....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

That is one neat looking plant, Gail! Is it a form of Portulaca?? Just tinier, and varieated? Can't wait to see a pic of the flowers when it blooms!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin, I have never even heard the name portulacaria??????? The leaves are really small and beautiful....I picked up two so that i could start propagating one and then see if it will bloom in the house....no idea ....surely it has to be some form of Portulaca...even has the same kind of leaf.....

I thought of how great these would look in a big pot maybe trailing over the sides with other plants in the big pot....may have to go back and see if they have any more.....it is close to where i will be in the morning.....

(Zone 1)

Ooooh, I bet that would be so pretty, trailing over the sides of pots!

Found this in PF: Is it the same thing???

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/350/index.html

(Zone 1)

Found this in PF for the variegated one: Both say a form of jade plant though, and I know there is a trailing jade

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54964/index.html

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Portulacaria afra does not have showy flowers.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.