(167 votes, 37%)
Red dot

A classic auto/truck
(6 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other - ?
(18 votes, 4%)
Red dot

No wheels of my own - I ride the bus, walk, taxi, or ride with someone)
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I drive a 94 Honda Civic, and I love it. I respect your right to buy and enjoy all the new vehicles you care for, but I've decided not to feed that "beast" anymore. New cars suffer rapid depreciation, and I have issues with the manner in which the marketing folks have convinced all of us that our car says something about us personally, like it's an accessory rather than a machine. (Sorry, this is one of my soapbox issues : )

Oh, sure, sometimes I do miss all of the newest gadgets, etc, but I never miss the payments or the high taxes or the insurance. Although I take care of my car, because I invested so little for it so long ago, I think of it as somewhat disposable. I don't fret the dings, the whacks, the scrapes, or even the minor spills. At this point, I doubt that I will ever go "new" again. (But, again, will always respect your right to drive what makes you happy.)

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I drive a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe, this is the what the concept car I first saw looked like. I do a lot of driving and needed a car that was comfortable, relatively fuel efficient, and all the bells and whistles (ok most, i did not get the DVD play as only the dog would get to see it).
I figured I deserved it so I got it.
:)
A

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

My wheels are on a 1964 Chevelle. I have had the motor rebuilt and next will be new upholstery and a paint job. And a RADIO!!! lol I love my old girl. :~)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Hellnzn11, now I don't feel so bad about the two Rancheros, the other two Mustangs, the other two Hondas, the F150 ............LOL

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I checked "newer" -- for me, 4 years old IS new!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Hey ZuZu, you basically replaced a car with a computer? Now that should be considered newest possible category!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I traded in my new Ford Focus ( new in 2000) this spring as I could no longer get those 3 cu.ft. bales of peat moss out of the hatchback's trunk. I now have a little 2006 GMC Canyon and can throw everything in the back and unload it into a wheelbarrow. Works for Me.

I have to keep my vehicles for a while as I pay cash and don't want to make payments.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I drive the bat-mobile. That's what we call it. '94 Pontiac Firebird. Black. T-tops. Carries lots of plants and bags of soil and such. Doubles as a truck when needed, although hubby drives a '93 Chev Silverado.

Donna

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Tir and araness! I really like it.

meezer... love that 'stang!! Almost bought one once... 68 1/2??... had a hard time getting around the no air conditioning here in FL. :-(

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

"Newer" 2001 Ford Focus, bought used to replace my former 1987 Saab which I would've driven forever if it hadn't been cruelly murdered by a gigantic pickup truck running a red light. :( Like my lil' Focus, tho.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

'05 GM Yukon.
Drove a '96 Chev Suburban until it finally bit the dust at 199,000 miles.

Debra

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

'04 Toyota Sienna is the workhorse. Older, but still very nice, '89 Celica is the summer run-a-bout car (in NY).

Toyota...because when I turn the key to the right I want it to start and keep running until I turn the key to the left!

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

'69, Dh has two hatch backs, one black and one pukey green, 70s in the process of restoration, after he finishes fixing up the Honda sedan, and who knows what's next....I think we have enough odd pieces to build another car...........

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 8a)

Got me a bargain on a 2004 Toyoto Tacoma Prerunner. Great truck, Great milage and a great gardening truck.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I drive a 1995 GMC Safari. It's metallic blue with an increasingly more rusty roof. I removed one of the seats to allow more room for hauling paints, supplies and most importantly plants to and from roundups. I have used it to haul building materials, leaves, mulch, horse and rabbit poop, dogs, sometimes people. Presently delivering flower arrangements round town.

I wouldn't be able to do all this in a new van. Be afraid of messing it up.

But my real baby is the red one front and center. When I want to stop feeling like a drone in life, I get in the stang and put the pedal to the metal.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

LOL If I ever get out there in the 'vert, Molly and I are gonna do a little drag racing.....!!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

You betcha Sheila!!!!
:^))))

Turlock, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a really unique truck, a 1961 Econoline Ford Pick Up. I love it, very different looking and when I'm out in it I love to see little boys point and stare because it looks like a toy! The only problems I have with it is that it has no heater [ but since the engine is right next to me it gets warm pretty fast ], no A/C [ see above, it gets WARM] But for just going back and forth to work and running errands in town it's fine. I refuse to take it out on the freeway anymore though, no seat belts [ only a lap ] and I'm pretty sure that that big windshield isn't safety glass!!

Landrum, SC(Zone 7b)

I drive a Honda Accord LX 1998 sedan. My only regret is that I can't haul mulching and compost in it! I keep it maintained and dread the day I have to give it up. It has over 150.000 miles on it. After two American cars that gave me nothing but grief, I went with the Honda. I am 63. Boy, I hope it outlasts me!

Las Cruces, NM

I have two motorized vehicles:
1976 Datsun pickup
1983 Toyota Tercel hatchback

I don't worry about people slamming their doors into either one. I probably wouldn't notice! :-)

I also ride my bicycle most days. It's a Burley Django recumbent... from 2001, if I recall correctly.

Patrick Alexander

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Motorcycle - 96 Shadow & Car - 2001 Metro

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

Bicycle, motorcycle, newer car all depending on the weather

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I own a Toyota Highlander V6 4WD! I love it! It is the best riding vehicle that I have ever owned, great for trips. I love the space inside ( has three rows of seats but I never use the 3rd) with the compact shape outside. I have a lot of the luxury features like heated seats and the faux burl wood console. The Highlander is also easy to get into which was a huge help after back surgery this year. I had a Ford van prior to it and hated having to climb in.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I have a rickshaw that Bigcityal pulls.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I had a 96 Acura Integra GSR that I loved but sold it to buy a family vehicle; Honda Pilot. We did this b/c we are adopting a baby girl (as most of you already know) from China and a baby seat was not going to fit in the 2 door hatchback car. We bought the Pilot in Feb 06 thinking we'd have our baby by August 06 but we don't have her yet and won't until next year sometime. Anyway, I was bummed to sell my Integra premature, but I have to say...my Pilot is a sweet ride! It looks gray, but it is "amazon green". I've always had bright red cars my entire life, so I thought I'd go with something different this time around.

Thumbnail by Tomatoholic
Crossville, TN

I drive a 1996 Buick Le Sabre.....I love it! It has about 136,000 miles on it and runs good (thanks to a son in law that is a mechanic).

Today I need to go to Tucson to meet my DS's flight....and since I don't drive on I-10 my friend, Arizonabelle, is going to take me....and since her car is a compact type...I opted to have her drive my very comfy seated car. Jo

Hebron, KY

Grampapa,

LOL, I drive DH to the airport and pick him up when he's done ( he's an Airline Capt. ) every time he has to fly and he gets teased and razzed about the curbside pickup. Most of the Pilots have to use the employee bus which is off the airport property, but close to it

Marilyn.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 9:09 AM

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Hello Everyone,
All you have beautifull bicks and cars.
Here is my bick.I love it and want to change its color and i have choosen black color with silver touch.
Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Trying to figure out where PK is and have brain freeze, anyone???

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Pakistan maybe

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I have a 2002 Saturn SL, with wonderful gas mileage (36-44 mpg), but, alas, the inside is blanketed with Bearded Collie dog hair, thanks to my dog, Rosie. It isn't the best for hauling plants, but maybe that is a good thing.

My way of dealing with door dings is to always park far away from the entrance of where I am going. This also gives me a bit more exercise.

Susan in Minneapolis

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I chose other because wqhen I want the car I take huuby to work seeing as we only have one. He claims it keeps me from shopping every day.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

cececoogan....LOL - don't tell him about the internet :D

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi!

PK is Pakistan; Cactus lover is a regular poster on c/s and designs lovely cacti gardens!!! Hi Yasir!!

Even though I'm a tree-hugging Earth Mother, I admit I drive a Ford F-150 SuperCrew with a V-8, in black!!! It is a necessity when hauling plants, mulch, compost, rocks... plus it is all muscle. The best vehicle I've ever had. I would like to own an F-250 diesel someday, but my "green guilt" would bother me. I only drive it about 6,000 miles per year, so I guess I'm not that much of an environmental menace.

-Melissa

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We just got a brand-new golen Chrysler Pacifica after the lease on our sliver Pontiac Sunfire ran out. My handicapped wife had difficulty entering and exiting that little car. We went from sports car to quite a big vehicle. We love it.

Sylvain.

Hebron, KY

Cececoogan,

LOL! ( my ) Hubby says

"take hubby to work and go shopping". I usually do just that and go to Lowe's, Meijer (groc. and superstore), Delhi (a favorite local garden center), etc.....

Your statement made me smile and laugh when I read it! ;-))

Marilyn

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

2002 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Pickup... dulley diesel

I LOVE IT!

Marshall, MO(Zone 5b)

I finally broke down and bought myself a new pick-up this spring. And of all things I got a "rice-burner", to think just a few years ago I would run people off for even mentioning them. 2006 Toyo Tundra V8 extended cab, I love it

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dave(in CT) - I think I need to quit, I'm tired of fighting your battles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Les_Deux_Carrosses_by_Claude_Gillot_1707.jpg

This message was edited Dec 10, 2006 7:57 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.