(167 votes, 37%)
Red dot

A classic auto/truck
(6 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other - ?
(18 votes, 4%)
Red dot

No wheels of my own - I ride the bus, walk, taxi, or ride with someone)
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I really like my two-year old Toyota Highlander - it doesn't know it's not a truck, but it's on a Camry chassis so it drives like a car ;o)

The Highlander replaced a '95 Chrysler Concorde which had all the problems with that lemony model year: first the brake rotors wore smooth out, then the A/C went out and the transmission hobbled along until it finally went out at 147,000 miles. We fixed all three problems over the years, and eventually sold it on eBay after I got my Highlander in late '04. It'll be a long time before I buy another Chrysler.

We also have an '02 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which one son drives, an '89 Chevy half-ton pickemup that is our "real" truck for hauling everything, and a newer BMW that DH bought on eBay last year.

Before we sold the Chrysler, we had it and our other son's Mitsubishi eclipse parked in our driveway, too. When everybody was home, we resembled a used car lot. I'm glad that was just a passing fad!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Terry, I know what you mean....I drive the yellow X-Terra, DH drives the blue-purple Toyota Tundra, youngest son drives a White 92 Jeep Cherokee and a Black 99 Chevy Cavalier... thats now. Should of seen it when the other 3 kids still lived here.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 10b)

I drive a dark blue 1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS and I LOVE it! I used to drive a 1979 Volvo 242 DL which I sold about 7 years ago, it was becoming too unreliable, but I absolutely adored it and was VERY sad to see it go! I would love to drive a little Vespa scooter but I live too far from work and the commute on a Vespa would not be pratical but a girl can dream. Someday when I've got extra money (ha ha) I'd love to get one just to scoot around town on, get groceries etc....

Hebron, KY

Woofie,

Thanks! ;-))

Marilyn

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Not sure what 'old' or 'newer' is...but I drive a '99 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon. I checked off 'newer' because to me, it is new. It's got 106,000 miles on it and I sure hope it goes for 200,000 more!

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Well our car is 10 years old. Chrysler Concord 116000 mi.
Chevy S10 15 years old with 279000 mi.
and a 96 Ford van E150 with 378000 mi.
I like the S10 But also enjoy driveing the van. but it is parked now because of gas prices.
So for a while it's the S10 and the Concord.
and no the van is not worn out. I just don't care for 13mpg, when I can get 29 mpg.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Back in August we bought a new Honda Odyssey. Absolutely, love it, but there are a few items we miss from the Ford Crown Victoria we traded in for the Honda. Miss the wide arm rests and rear view mirror that told you which way you were headed (N, S, E, W). The thing that amazed us the most about our new car are the headlights...man, they are like search lights or beacons from a lighthouse!

Lexington, NC(Zone 7b)

We have a 2003 Saturn Ion 3 that we paid cash for during Thanksgiving of 2002. It has 80,000 miles now with my commute to work of 70 miles a day. LOVE IT. Never a problem and even the original brakes are still good. We're saving for the next purchase of car #2 which will be a Prius, maybe. That'll be the new main commute car. We're keeping the Saturn tho.

I used to go through cars like some people go through shoes but I've has this 15 yr old Jalopy for a few years which gets me from a to b and is economical.

I sold my "lots of character" motorbike a couple of years ago and I dearly miss it.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I used to have a 78 Ford half ton 2x2 til I totaled it at a bad intersection, then I got a 89 Ford half ton 2x2 til I sold it earlier this year and now I have a 96 Ford half ton 4x4. 4x4 has come in handy several times in these last few days with the winter storm. I still wished I had my 78 but this truck I have now will do. I do threaten to buy another 78 but my family starts coming up with a bunch of reasons why I can't have another one so I haven't gotten one yet. Will one of these days. Love the steering on it.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

1996 Jeep Cherokee here...looks like new..inside and out! Love it! Hubby has a 1989 Dodge Dakota...he drives 2 miles back and forth to work in our town..several days a week. Looks like junk..but still running!
We are retired...so no car payments here! I'd rather buy plants!!! Oh..did I mention he retired from Chrysler..LOL!

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

2002 Jaguar X-type. Can you say "mid-life crisis?" Sure, I knew you could. :-)

Thumbnail by MzWeazelle
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the Cars & Trucks forum reminder. Been there and enjoyed it, I will have to revisit it!
First, I gotta say "get back Woofie" ~ don't want you mentioning old cars around my DH. We have enough wheels that the tires get expensive. A 1940 International pickup (streetrodded). A 1959 Volvo PV544 (I love it) and my baby, a 1973 P1800ES Volvo Sport Wagon. A 1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible ~ just 'cause...! A 1978 Jeep CJ7 Levis Edition with 35,000 actual miles. A 1969 El Camino (not my style) and our daily driver is a 1995 GMC Sierra Pickup with a camper shell to haul dogs, plants, dirt and other goods. As well as a tractor... So get back Woofie! : )) pod

Thumbnail by podster
Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

I have a 200 Civic and like all the cars I've had before it, it will be my car until it falls apart. My wife drives a RAV4 with 167,000 miles on it still on the original clutch. We're both very utilitarian when it comes to cars.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Have a newer car (Dodge Stratus '03), an older car (Nissan Sentra '97), and 2 antique trucks (Dodge '68 and unk year international). All paid in full and boy, aren't we glad. ; )

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I own a pretty red 2004 Cadillac DTS. but I don't drive it. We only have one car and it's in my name for no real reason. I've had some medical problems and don't feel that I should be driving right now, so DH drives me to work every day (he's retired). you wouldn't believe the flak I get at work about my chauffeur

Madison Heights, MI(Zone 5b)

1988 Toyota Camry - bought that one from an older aunt a few years ago - very very low miles at the time
1994 Chevy Astro van - great for hauling and a trip to the west coast a couple years ago, but otherwise suffers several minor ailments and is not my favorite vehicle
1999 Nissan Altima - I love driving this little zippy 5 speed manual! 115,000 miles, and I hope to at least double that.
I'm a single parent, and I won't make car payments. They seem like such a waste for something that is bound to depreciate. Plus the only time I ever owned a brand new car it was hit 3 (4?) times in one (2?) weeks. My plan is to never make car payments after that!
I also have no credit card debt and life is good :-)

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I used to have a sporty red '99 Grand Prix GT, but it's hard to fit many plants in one of those so I traded it for a '04 Chevy Venture minivan. I love the van, it has leather heated seats, tv/dvd, and a power sliding door. The only thing is I haven't put the first plant in it, so I might as well still have the GP. I also don't have any kids, so the flip down TV has never even been turned on.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

1996 mercury sable - my dad gave it to me five years ago, it only had 22,000 miles on it. It has 71,000 now and has been a godsend. We've had a few repairs, but nothing compared to what a car payment would have cost us over the years.

Bloomaholic, my dh drives a 1994 chevy astro van, too - I borrow it for hauling garden things (or ask him to pick them up for me - better yet!). We bought it many years ago (used) and it truly is a joy not to have a car payment - plus low insurance!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I wanted to click the first two as I use both. I have a bicycle and a scooter to take us to various places. A 1958 Robin Hood (now with one of the last pairs of Dunlop heavy duty tires in existance!) and my Honda scooter.

Southern, LA(Zone 8b)

Got to have a truck to transport all of these plants!!!!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I sold my last car in 1982 and never drove again. I thought I would miss it, but I've never felt anything but relieved. For one thing, my paycheck's now my own. I don't have to put any money aside in case something happens to the car.

Public transportation is highly inadequate in my county, so I walk everywhere I go. I shop online as much as possible. I even do most of my grocery shopping on line now that Safeway delivers. I used to group my errands and hire one of the teenagers in the neighborhood to drive me around one afternoon a week, getting all of the errands out of the way in that one afternoon, but the computer has eliminated the need for that.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I may be getting a little advanced for a Camaro but I've been driving them since the early 80's. Presently its a 2001 and I'm patiently awaiting the new rendition scheduled out in a year or two. We also have an Explorer (especially useful when on rock and mineral collecting expeditions and in the snow.)

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Mine is a 1994 F-250 diesel Ford Truck. Love it, she takes me anywhere and will tow anything.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I drive a 2002 Saturn SL-1. The car body is plastic - so no shopping cart dents. I get scratches - but no dents. Have had two accidents where the other car that hit me bounced off my car - they were crumpled - I was fine. UNFORTUNATELLY Saturn does not stand behind their vehicles as advertised. My car had to have the major part ($1200) of the automatic transmission replaced at 55,000 miles and Saturn wouldn't pay for a penny of it. I don't tow with the car or drive wild - that transmission was faulty and Saturn thumbed their collective nose at me. Other things have gone wrong way too early in it's life and Saturn won't fix - I had to pay everytime and mechanic labor where I am is $100 an hour! I will buy something else next time - American workers are the best - it's the American Corporation that is at fault. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

This is my main ride but when the roads ice up I'm on 4-wheels....very depressing...lol. This is an older pic season before last. I had the seat re-tooled to custom last winter and I have a coffin bag on the bars now. No big mod plans this winter just maintenance. Although I found a pair of giant spikes I think would look kewl on the forks.

~Julie =0)

Thumbnail by jab91864
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i have been driving mini vans for a while now. i like the space and comfort. current ride is a 2000 ford windstar. since is just me and dw i took out the last row of seats so i more room for stuff in the back.

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Is 1997 Honda del sol older or newer?? I keep thinking it's new, but I guess 9 years old is getting up there in car years

Of course, I usually take my husband's F-150 when I go garden shopping!! Having said that, you'd all be very surprised to know just how much you can drag home from a garden center in a tiny little del sol...one time I even bought a tree. It was on sale and the only one left...I couldn't wait until the truck was available, now could I? I just took the top off and drove the back roads, careful not to exceed 20 mph to protect the leaves...

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

My transmission went out AGAIN in the '96 Dodge that I so loved. My DH said this time we weren't fixing it......and he was serious...can you believe it. The first time it went out, we were 12 miles out of warranty. He got me a 2006 Trailblazer. I do love the extra room inside now the the g/kids are getting older and need more leg room......but it's really rough when I get ready to go buy another load of mulch or dirt or anything for my flower beds, I have to hook up the lo-boy. DH has a little '96 Ford Ranger that he has NEVER had a problem with that he uses for work.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

We have three vehicles, 1999 Mercury Sable, 160,000 miles, 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe, 21,000 miles, 2004 F150, 50,000 miles. Of all three, the Mercury gets the best gas mileage. Both the Merc and the Santa Fe have remote starters on them. (A must in frozen Iowa.) Six months after we got the Santa Fe some joker let loose a grocery cart and put a nice dent in the rear left door and we were parked out in the boonies when it happened. Same way, we had the Merc 2 weeks and someone put a dent in (again) the rear left door with their door. Why are people so inconsiderate?

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Some may disagree but since we wanted to add a second car (taking on payments) we at least bought something a year older...the difference in the sticker price from brand new to what we paid was over 10 grand!!!! And it still only had 9,000 miles on it and a great warrenty! So we won't buy "brand" new ever ever again.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

I voted older pickup... 1996 Chevy Silverado P/U, extended cab. But my other set of wheels is a 2006 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. Love 'em both!

Linda

Thumbnail by LAKelley2
Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Wow! What a pretty bike!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

1992 Nissan pickup, bottom of the line, no AC, no radio, but it does have heat. Gets me around. It now has 130,000 miles and hopefully will last as long as I'm able to drive.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

ok not a Harley fan (grew up with BMW's) but that sure is a pretty bike!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I voted "other" because I ride my bike "the green machine" (Diamondback Wildwood) on the weekends and to the corner Walgreens and I have my '01 Merc C240 a/k/a Sugah. DH drives a Blazer and the Voyager. We also have our hurricane escape pod "Bertha" '88(?) Southwind.
Sugah is so pretty!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I drive a 2003 PT Cruiser... deep cramberry (not purple enough!) and I love the old look... I love my car...

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My new car is a '97 Camry with 120K miles, and still running strong...My OLD car is below, only goes out to play when the roads are dry and the sun is shining!!

Thumbnail by meezersfive
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Our new love is our 03 Dodge Ram Quadcab gas guzzler, then Our Pride and Joy is our Mystic Cobra SVT, then A 1998 Valkyrie motorcylce sold the Harley and got liposuction lol We inherited a 1980 thunderbird which we don`t know what to do with, we have 3 other non op vehicles 2 jeep cherokees and a 96 Ranger that can`t pass smog and I forgot our other daily driver is a 97 intrepid I also have a small 250 yamaha virago also needing a carb. cleaning. If you live in Kern County , it is the law that you must own atleast 6 vehicles and 2 have to be running. lol You do have to have 2 legally running, if registered and you are not supposed to have more than 3 vehicles because it is such a problem here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.