(167 votes, 37%)
Red dot

A classic auto/truck
(6 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other - ?
(18 votes, 4%)
Red dot

No wheels of my own - I ride the bus, walk, taxi, or ride with someone)
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Actually, two newer cars.
Summer car: 2004 Toyota Celica GTS, Tsunami Edition. Zoom-zoom :-)
Winter car: 2004 Subaru Outback, Anniversay Edition. Work horse and great in snow and ice. DH says Subaru is Japanese for mountain goat :-)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

By way of explanation, this poll was created with the thought of highlighting one of our newer forms - Cars & Trucks - located here: http://davesgarden.com/place/f/autos/all/

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

What is newer and what is older. I am currently driving my 6th Toyota Camry, do you think I like Camrys!!!! I also drive a 1994 Chevy S10. I had it painted as soon as I got it. I bought a silver one and had quite a bit of it painted lavender. My license plate for the pickup is LAV. LADY., The Camry is 2002 and license is DAYLILY.

Donna

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

My personal car is a beautiful Red 1995 Dodge Intrepid w/ 49,000 actual miles on it. I bought it in the fall of 1994. Love this car! In Texas you can hardly move from one place to another w/o a car as our public transportation system cannot keep up w/the population growth and the towns and cities are far enough apart that you don't want to walk outside in the summer and the cold weather we have in the winter isn't conducive to al fresco moving about either. I keep it in great shape and if the people at Walmart, etc. would stop banging their baskets against it it would look as good as the day it was bought. Our other car is a Ford Windstar, beigeish, that my husband and kids love to drive. Don't know the exact year but do know that it was the last minivan that didn't have 2 front doors and 2 rear doors (plus, of course the tailgate). The driver's side door is so wide that you need a lot of space just to open it! It is used by DDH to haul stuff and by the kids to do the same. Hate that thing! It has significantly more miles on it than my Intrepid.

Ann

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

I too am wondering what 'newer' is? I voted for 'newer', but my car is a 2000 Ford Contour SE. My former vehicle was a 1980 Toyota Corolla Stationwagon. It had/has 311,000+ miles on it when I bought the Ford. It is still runable, and setting in our side yard.
Thanks for the 'heads up' on the Cars & Trucks forum, Terry.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The "new truck" is a '99 Ford Ranger, 2-wheel drive, 4-speed+OD, plain jane with a bed too small to carry what I usually need to haul, but it is paid for. It replaced my wonderful old '89 Toyota flat-bed which had a total nervous breakdown last year.

Treviso, Italy(Zone 9a)

I have a car but I rarely if ever use it. I usually go around on my bicycle or use public transport for going to work

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I actually traded in my 2003 Mitsubishi Gallant LS with 10,000 miles on it this year for the very reason Ann cited:

Quoting:
I keep it in great shape and if the people at Walmart, etc. would stop banging their baskets against it it would look as good as the day it was bought.

I just can't stand when people bang carts or their own car doors into the next car without so much as apologizing or offering to fix it. I came out one time and instantly noticed a good lil' dent and you could actually see someone had rubbed their hand over it, as if to get a better look...yes...there is a dent...and no, they didn't stick around. =(

Now I drive a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer and try to park waaaay far out from the crowd and get my excersize walking in. I know I seem silly but for what you pay for cars I'd like it to look nice as least as long as there are payments, lol! Now that we have 2 cars (1 paid for 2000 F-150) DH says we'll follow the Dave Ramsey rule and NO MORE PAYMENTS. It should be easier with equity in the cars we have combined with savings.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

Tir, your DH sounds like a brilliant man! We don't buy unless we can pay cash. Dave Ramsey is a real godsend to most people. I need to park in Handicapped Zone so I have a little more room than in the usual parking spots. Sure wish we lived in a really tropical place and could go about on bikes and the like.

Ann

I drive a 2006 buick Rondevous S-U-V. DH has a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado pick-up, with all the male"goodies" added, so it's his Baby. He calls her Missy. don't know why he always names his trucks, like they were girlfriends, or something! Ha. He only has 3000 miles on it, and bought it new in late Sep. of 2004.
I drove newer Caddies for 20 years, but decided to try something different, last year, since I knew I was retiring, and wanted something more accessible for hauling lots of plants around in! Ha. DH likes to drive the S-U-V so well, "Missy" only comes out infrequently to be admired or washed.lol. go figure.
Deanna

Brewster, MA(Zone 7a)

I drive a 1995 toyota 4runner my husband a 1989 toyota pick-up. My husband is a highly certified toyota technician [mechanic] After years of car payments and full insurance we both said enough. Let someone else keep up with the Joneses. Money better spent elsewhere. [the yard]and less stress.

plantladyhou:

It would be nice if Texas did have better public transportation or we could ride bikes I know! You'd think your car would be safer in the roomier handicap spots but to bad it's not....just a side topic but I hate to see people zoom into those spots with no handicap licensing and walk into the stores...I think that's terrible!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I got a new car for Christmas last year. I asked for a white Lexus and got a black HHR.

This left me wondering if my husband loved me or not.

After 2 weeks of looking crossed eyed at him. I've decided that I love it. It's small, doesn't take much gas and can haul lots of plants. Just what I needed.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Oh where do I begin? Do I get to count the tractors? 1950 Chevy PU, 1965 Cortina station wagon, 1976 280Z, 1986 Nissan PU, 1986 Chevy S10 Blazer (mine), 1982 Toyota Landcruiser, another older Landcruiser but I don't remember the year, 1991 Chevy PU........plus 2 tractors and a self-propelled windrower. My DH likes toys with wheels. :-)

Dayton, WA

I haven't owned a car since 1985. Doesn't mean that I don't drive them occasionally -my wife's pickup for hauling fertilizer and other heavy garden related stuff. But my main transportation is the bicycle. It is the most efficient form of transportation yet devised by man. It's not the most convienent, nor the fastest, nor the cheapest (walking is most economical). But, for distance traveled per energy expended, it has no equal. I travel back and forth to my three gardens here in town by bicycle and even deliver most of my produce to the restaurants by the bike.

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

3 year old Dodge Mini van that is hard to back out of parking spaces due to all the blind spots. I can't wait til the kids are older and I can get something "a little cooler." :)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I picked classic becuz I just got a 69Z camaro this august and she is my baby
have a new truck and a older car and a conversion van-But my CAMARO is #1

around the farm i have a schwin power scooter ;)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Picked "other" as I wasn't sure what is considered new or old. I drive a S.U.V. , 4 wheel drive is needed in Maine! It's a 2000 Nissan X-Terra thats bright yellow. I call it my "Bumble Bee" but should actually call it a flower as all the bees seem to think thats what it is.

Edited to say: My mid-life crisis car is going to be a Candy Apple Red Mustang GT convertible. I WILL have it w/in the next 5 years.....providing I live that long. LOL

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 12:06 PM

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

I drive a Classic 1962 corvette and my evertday is a new 2006 chrysler minivan. Love them both, but the vette doesn't get out in bad weather

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Got a new baby this year for Mom's Day as I had to give up my daily driver of 12+yrs., 1970 Chevelle Malibu (307ci) as it had no A/C for my DD :( ... I was sad to have to garage her but the old man was nice enough to get me the only new car I like...

2005 Magnum RT...
5.7l hemi 340hp

...Can ya tell I like muscle?... :)

Thumbnail by hem_iamy
Eastern MA, MA

93 Ford Taurus wagon.It's great for garden shopping and moving large bags of garden supplies..

North Augusta, ON

I drive a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am, I never thought I would like a car cause I have always driven trucks, but this thing is peppy and handles like a dream. Also have a 1988 GMC PU that I use mainly for hauling soil, rocks, goin to the dump etc.....
Lee Anne

edited to say I used to drive a 90 S-10 but had to retire it after 750,000 some odd miles, the GMC I inherited from my Dad and can never part with although hubby nags me incessantly to do so......Dad retired from General Motors Canada and I will always get a nice GM discount :)

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 1:21 PM

Missouri City, TX

A 90 and a 99 Subaru. Cheaper to keep them up than to buy new - although DW is beginning to have second thoughts about spending much more on the 90. Love the full-time 4 wheel drive. Been driving Subaru's since 1983.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Big 2004 Dodge diesel pickup and some sorta car. LOL! Wish I had my first car... a 1969 Dodge Super Bee with a 383 and a stick.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I drive a 2004 Audi A6.

Bought it because our daughter had a crush on the salesman and we had gone up and looked at it (him) so many times I felt like we had to buy it. He never did ask her out on a date, but I love the car, so it all worked out in the end!

ROFL tabasco, that's so cute!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I drive a 1989 Honda Civic. It has something like 67,000 miles on it. I live within a few miles of most of the places that I need to go. Not all Californians rack up the miles and drive prestige cars. DH drives a 1997 Geo Prizm. He says he gets 40mpg highway.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I have a 2005 350XL and the DH has my old 1998 Jeep Cherokee Grand Limited.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

I have a '91 Honda Civic. A few more years and it will be a classic, lol.

Hebron, KY

We have a 2004 dark green Chevy TrailBlazer SUV that DH and I use all the time. We love it! It's been to 2 FL vacations in 2 Winters and it's a joy to drive and ride in! It's my car all the time to drive, it's our car and it's DH to drive car (with or without me in it).

We also have a 1995 'teal' green Blazer SUV that DH owned before he met me and it's his car to drive every so often (or, not). It's been on 2 FL vacations in 3 Winters before we got the 2004 TrailBlazer.

They are kept in the garage at all times when we are home.

Here is a photo of the '04 TrailBlazer when we were on vacation in FL this Jan., with me looking down from our 6th floor balcony and DH getting out of the TrailBlazer with 'takeout' Pizza for dinner. I used the 'zoom' feature on the camera for the 'closeup' pic. He had no idea I took this pic at the time. ;-)) We always stay at a particular beach resort in Madeira Beach, FL (west coast of FL --- which is west of Tampa).

Marilyn

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 1:15 PM

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 1:25 PM

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 6:47 PM

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

2 saturns, a 1994 L2 and a 2003 Vue (for hauling one large dog around).

Hebron, KY

Oops! The photo didn't show up. :-((

I'll try again and hopefully it works this time ( lol, honestly it wasn't me - I know how to post a pic, but this is the first time trying to post a pic with a response to the 'voting question of the week' ).

Marilyn

Hey!!! It worked! It showed up! ;-))

P.S. The sea salt is all over on the TrailBlazer ( it's not dust ). We park next to the beach.

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 1:20 PM

This message was edited Dec 4, 2006 1:23 PM

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

3 here - 00 Ford F150 4X4 with off road package, 2002 Mercury Mountianeer and a 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Nice pic, Marilyn

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

'91 Nissan Sentra....she's gettin' rusty but she's dependable and gets me where I need to go.
I really like *not* owing anyone any $$ for my vehicle!

I have a 2005 Toyota Solara Convertible which I ADORE!!

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

My "other" interest other than plants is old Chevy/GM trucks. Here's my baby - 1958 Chevy Apache 3200 Pickup Truck. Originally from near Mt. Shasta, CA. My truck is driven daily, has as many issues as I do and is a work truck.

Thumbnail by growin
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I am partial to GM, but there are many other makes that are good. My current car is a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. I've had it 2 years this month & still Love it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.