How old are we?

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)
There are a total of 895 votes:

I'm an octogenarian or older (80 and up)
(8 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I'm between 65 and 80 years old
(75 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I'm between 50 and 65 years old
(347 votes, 38%)
Red dot

I'm between 35 and 50 years old
(340 votes, 37%)
Red dot

I'm between 20 and 35 years old
(99 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm younger than 20 years old
(6 votes, 0%)
Red dot

It doesn't matter how old I am - I feel young!
(20 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Been forty for 30 years I like it that way. Makes pulling weeds easier !

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I decided to see how much of a line I got for being 80 *LOL* you can just see me

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

We're neck in neck!!!

I'm between 50 and 65 years old
(171 votes, 38%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm between 35 and 50 years old
(178 votes, 39%)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I was 125 when I got up this morning but I've recovered with the help of hot coffee and a little movement about the house to reduce it to my real age, which according to Chele is 8. I've always felt more like 8 anyway, and I will confess to getting an odd look or two when I stamp my foot in a rain puddle. Gardeners live longer because they always have to wait for spring to see what's coming up, summer to watch their greenery grow, fall for harvest, and winter to plan for next year!

YEA!!! on stomping in a water puddle... There's no greater joy!!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i am 27 with a 3 pack of kids : )

kelly

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have felt like 90 as far back as a teen. Now that I am 62 and drawing my retirement and can do as I want and when, I feel like 40. It is great. Bev Age does not matter. It is how you play the game.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

I'll be 60 at Christmas time. Where have the years go? Been gardening since I was 19. It's become a habit, couldn't stop even if I wanted to, but who would want to?
Gardeners are the best, and we get to eat what we grow, what could be better?

Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

I'm somewhere between antique and artifact.LOL and still gardening.

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

I couldn't stop chuckling and smiling at some of the responses thus far.
Age is a pretty relative thing for me. When I'm with my kids, I feel about 35. When I'm with my parents, I feel about 15. And when I'm by myself, I feel 25. But I've never, ever felt my age.

Emmaus, PA(Zone 6a)

Ill be 49 in a few weeks...
Ive been gardening for ten or more yrs.. love it....
I dont know how i would have gotten thru some stressful periods in my life, if not for my gardens...
Now, i have a smaller yard, and not as much as my other home.. thats ok.. Its a yard that will allow me to garden into my retirement yrs.

Hebron, KY

Happy Birthday Huffy!

I'm 50 and turn 51 on Nov. 10.

Marilyn

Longboat Key, FL

Rutholive~

Donna:

The best is yet to come.

By voting, I increased our category by 25%.

But, remember, the kids cannot understand about the twin dolphins.

Remember;

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but this is amazingly
accurate. The photo below is of two identical dolphins. It was
used in a stress level case study at St. Simeon's Hospital.
Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins
are identical. A closely monitored, scientific study of a group
revealed that in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical,
a person under stress would find differences in the two dolphins.
If there are many differences found between the dolphins, it
means that the person is experiencing a great amount of stress.
Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two
differences, you may want to take a vacation and/or escape
today's forest fires.

Brad

This message was edited Oct 31, 2006 7:52 PM

This message was edited Oct 31, 2006 7:53 PM

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I like Badseed's math - accordingly, I'm only 9 - and I'll not divulge which combo of numbers leads to that :-)

Since I find the dolphin on the right prettier, does that mean I'm experiencing stress? Or maybe I've got my bifocals on upside down!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Kmom, I agree. The dolphin on the right is prettier!! LOL

Also am 23.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2006 8:05 PM

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

No stress in my life. They look identical to me. But it's really a joke, right? Because I see two cows.

I'm turning 60 in a few weeks. The oldest one at my workplace. The youngest one living at my house.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. Nap, yes its a joke.

Franklin Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

I tried to go with "It doesn't matter how old I am - I feel young!" but after spending two days digging potatoes before the ground froze, I feel my real age: 68.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I went through my whole year of being 27 thinking I was 28. Just wasn't paying attention to the math. When my birthday arrived, I got two great gifts: an extra year, and the realization that age is just a number, in one way of thinking, and a state of mind/body/health in another.

I'm never shy to tell my age now, because I think it's irrelevant unless you are dealing with bureaucracy. In the real world, my health and my experience matter most to me. I hope to garden until I die, and I will sing a joyful song as long as my voice holds out.

Thorndale, TX(Zone 8b)

I knew I was stressed. I just didn't know there was a test to prove it. :-) I have always said I have lived every day of my life. I have enjoyed most of them. I feel younger than I look. This is an interesting poll.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Why don't we count our age in dog years.........would make me 9+.......sounds better than 60+ which I feel after working in the garden.

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Well I hit 70 this year, but I consider myself an overgrown juvenile delinquent, and have absolutely no intentions of growing old gracefully!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Well I just have a few months left of 52. Sad but true. I feel like 21 most days until I read flyboyFla post.

I need a serious VACATION!!!

Jeri

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

DuckMother, I'm with you!

Badseed, I love it!

Meezers, You are right about the seasons!

I'm 49, but that's just a number. If I stay limber and keep my legs strong I feel young! I don't mind getting older because I've left a lot of baggage behind. I live for Spring! If I pass, it better be in January, in a blizzard. Lay me in the garden and start throwing potato and carrot peels on me. I'll be fine.

billyporter, that's a very practical request. That would work for me, too!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well the quote is that 60 is the new 40!
Everyone gets a chance to be young but it takes real class to grow old gracefully.
I have a few popping joints that tug on me, but beyond that I feel ten years younger than I did five years ago.
I love life and enjoy every day because these are the good old days.
I stay on a mental diet and love alot.
I go to the grocery store and buy strawberries, gourmet artichoke hearts and hot and sour soup.
I eat bird seed bread and smile way too much.
According to Badseed I'm 6!
I really like 6!
Sidney

Deer Park, TX(Zone 9a)

To quote a birthday card that I received one year for my birthday "Birthdays are like flowers, little gifts of life."

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

A you said"who cares how old I am" that is how I feel but I am a Great-grandmother twice over and as Dyson said it is the condition of the road one travels and I am zooming on it no matter how tough the driving idsat times.

YEAH! Now, THATS what I'm talkin' about! Ha/
Deanna

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

64 now but have been gardening in my heart and mind before my birth. When my parents died, I flew back east with the largest suitcase I could find and pillaged my father's garden to bring west his favorite plants, bulbs and even worms! Had to have some fantastic, crazy story to tell my grandchildren!

I'm 48. Nothin' good about gettin' old. It's all lies... ~LOL!!!!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm 51 going on 21. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Newmarket, ON(Zone 5a)

I'm 28. Young , but I've been gardening seriously since I was 16, and with my mother since I was 2 (at least that's my earliest memory in our community veggie patch). Long enough to know that gardening is much more an art than a science...
K.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

pushing the 35 mark in a few months............. and looking forward to it.

Myrtle Beach, SC

I'm 52 and content. I have *tons* of little aches and pains, but even more a heart full of joy--so it's all worth it. Like Sidney, I buy what I want (within reason), had gastric bypass in June 2005 and lost 140 lbs and overall, I feel g-g-g-g-great! Now I can crawl around in my yard, dig holes and "smell the roses". Life is goooooood ! God bless you all, Margo

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

dun1kirk,

Was that before 9-11? I'd love to see the xray of that suitcase. What fun trying to explain what was in there to the security guys. LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well. I feel old, according to me, and I look young, according to my old looking DH. (I dye my hair, he doesn't, and he IS ten years older.)

xxxxx, Carrie

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

I'll be sixty one next week. The new 51!

Laid over 10 tons of flagstone in the last two seasons, unassisted. Double dig all the flower beds by hand. And , I am woman hear me roar!

This message was edited Nov 3, 2006 10:06 PM

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I may have voted twice! I had a senior moment or more crudely, a brain fart and I can't remember. And I am still almost a handful less than 65. I need knee surgery this winter and could use something a kin to"messenger" to give me a boost! Here is a picture taken last month of me with my 91 1/2 year old mom on a trip to Switzerland. If only I had her energy! Patti

This message was edited Nov 2, 2006 8:17 PM

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.