How old are we?

There are a total of 895 votes:

I'm an octogenarian or older (80 and up)
(8 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I'm between 65 and 80 years old
(75 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I'm between 50 and 65 years old
(347 votes, 38%)
Red dot

I'm between 35 and 50 years old
(340 votes, 37%)
Red dot

I'm between 20 and 35 years old
(99 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm younger than 20 years old
(6 votes, 0%)
Red dot

It doesn't matter how old I am - I feel young!
(20 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm closer to the 80 mark than a lot of you. As Thomas Jefferson is supposed to have said "I am an old man but a young gardener" or similar words and we all know that he was an avid gardener and continually learning.

Ann

Plymouth, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm a youngin'.... Well, relatively speaking anyway according to most folks here :-) At a mere 25, I'm definitely at the lower end of the age pool.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I've got a few weeks until I change age groups. Can't believe I got here this fast!
:-)

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Gotta like that 15 year age spread for each category - no need to be too precise :-)

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm 38 years old. Getting dangerously close to the forty mark. :(

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Actually I didn't feel old until I got lumped in the category I got lumped into here. Yikes! I don't feel old.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

55 and proud of it. In my youth I was quite the wild child - the folks said I'd never live to see 30, so each year I celebrate doubly!!!

Didn't take up gardening until I was 50 and living in the north country. Silly me! Whatever was I waiting for?

Satsuma, AL(Zone 8b)

27 here. I find gardening very relaxing....it's a great balance to my extremely busy and stressful career.

Regards,
David

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

WHEW! I'm in the majority! I've gardened over the years as time permitted -- now I do other things as gardening permits.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

At 57, I've reached the pleasant age William James spoke of in this quote:

"How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young -- or slender."

susan

Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

well...I'm not 57 (only 39) but I agree with you whole heartedly Susan! lol It's such a relief when ya get to the point that people will just have to love you for who you are - or not. So much less work and so much happier at that point just to feel free to be yourself!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

29 here and creeping closer to the big 3-0 every day.

:) Kim

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

Some days I'm older than others... LOL

I'm 59, but heading towards 60! LOL
Actually, I'm not sure how I'll feel about that day. Forty was fabulous, Fifty was freaky(I had a tough one with that!), so we'll see what Sixty has in store.
I just recently retired, so I'm enjoying life and my gardens more than ever before, so it (60th BD) may just slip by, unnoticed. (hopefully!) Ha.
I was surprised by the poll, so far. Guess I figured my age group(50-65) would be the largest group. I'm glad to see gardening , like many other passed-down skills, hasn't become a lost art.

Garden On, my friends!! :o)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

56 here, but I'm one of the minority that checked the "doesn't matter, I feel young" option because I seem to be working harder now than I did in my 20s and certainly getting a lot more satisfaction out of the effort put into life. I try to make every day a new adventure!

Jeremy

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm 38. I still feel like a kid - in my mind - my body's got some creaks, though.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

LOL, Sequee!

We're almost twins.
I'm also 55 and started gardening at 50.
I did some light stuff before that, but nowhere near the 100+ pots I have today.

Nancy

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll be 60 next March. In my head I feel like I'm just a kid. Someone said, "If I only knew then what I know now". Well, I have a few creaks here & there, but all in all I think life is just grand.

It really makes me feel good when a neighbor asks me a gardening question....and I actually know the answer.

Thank you DG

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I'm 33. Gardening makes me feel both older and younger! Maybe once the heavy labor is done, I'll just feel younger :o) I can't wait to retire and live in my garden!!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

At 76, the body still functions reasonably well, although not without complaints. The brain is racing faster than ever, often on several topics at once. Life is certainly not dull!

Huntington, WV(Zone 6a)

Turning 49 later this week. Hoping that when I jump to the next category of age I can work less, garden more.

Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

happy birthday a bit early gdionelli :-)

Brunswick, GA

Each birth day makes you only one day older than you were the day before.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

Isn't it funny - to work all day behind a desk is WORK.
to garden all day in the sun, doing back breaking stuff and getting filthy is FUN

Ann

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I'm still striving to be young and slender. Losing the battle, truthfully, but still fighting. I will NOT go gently into that good night!

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

At 32 I'm one of the youngsters here. Whoohoo!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

62 and getting younger every day!

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

Turned 54 on July 4th. Age is just a number. "Miss Clairol" helps keep the gray outta the red tho...

Jan

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

Discovered the joys of gardening early! Hopefully I will have a long life full of beautiful flowers!

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

WooooooHoooooooo...got it right again! lol
just kidding of course.

I don't mind getting older. I'll be 46 in another month and a half. I've always loved the expression "older than dirt".... so I guess I have a ways to go.
carol

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Retired, 65 here & lovin' it!!! So many interesting things to see & do........ Now, how did I have enough hours in the day when I worked???

LD

Marshall, MO(Zone 5b)

Welllll! I don't like to admit it but today I turnde 54 and right now I feel every bit of it. On the good days I feel like I'm as invincible as a teenager but normally I feel my age. It's good to see the well rounded age group we have active here. It makes for a better forum.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

jdee, you might think 40 is dangerous, but getting to 40 beats the heck out of the alternative! It IS true that the 40's and 50's are best. I can't speak to the 60's, but I'll be experiencing them very soon!

susan, thanks for the quote! I love it.

And kikisdad - some days I'm younger than others!

deannaV, you and I must have been born somewhere near each other in time! And I'm the same as you, 40 was okay, but 50 was a little hard to swallow. Hindsight says that the 50's were better than the 40's!!

gloriabythelake, I guess you fit in snugly with deannaV and me!

I am looking forward to retirement, as soon as I can make it happen, so I will have days and days instead of hours and hours to work in my flowers. Surely that is what retirement is for (along with the grandkids)!

Huffy, Happy Birthday to YOU!

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

YAY!!!! This question I got right!!!

You left out "I feel like I'm 100 years old because I spent all day pulling weeds, digging up rocks, and moving pots" which is my preferred answer.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I am NOT looking forward to retirement. There's no way I can live on Social Security, even assuming that we still have it when I get to that age.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sometimes - it is not the mileage but instead the condition of the roadway.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Like justfurkids, I'll also be 46 in another month and a half.

Today has been a heartbreaking day though, so I feel much, much older.

WhiteHydrangea, start saving, even if it's only $10 a month. That's what I started doing 24 years ago. Now I believe I'll be able to make it, thought it won't be in high style, at least I'll be able to live!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.