Favorite summer thirst quencher?

There are a total of 275 votes:

Water
(118 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Tea (iced, hot, sweet, unsweetened, lemon, mint, other?)
(94 votes, 34%)
Red dot

Lemonade or fruit juice
(28 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Soft drink (diet or regular?)
(22 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Other?
(13 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

I drink only iced tea, all year round. UN-sweetened, just lemon, rarely lime. In the garden, a sprig of peppermint also. 0 calories and 0 fat! I even bring it to work in a half-gallon thermos, tell them it's Scotch, and drink right from the spout so no-one touches it! (all mine..hehehe)

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I love plain old water, not too cold either.
Occasionally on hot days I enjoy a splash of elderflower cordial in it

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sweet tea, no lemon,no frills. It's cheap and good. LOL.

Ice-water sometimes with a packet of sweetner for variety.

Mostly ice cold water. Occasionally iced coffee.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

Saranac Black and Tan! Hope some more honest folks check in here. Hate to be the only vote in a category doncha know.
PS: no you darn rednecks it aint a DAWG!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

All tea,any tea,all the time.

Sweetwater, TN(Zone 7b)

Really well made home squeezed lemonaid

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Sparkling Lemonade is very nice on a hot day..when I am working around the agrden I just take a bottle of water with me.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Sweetened iced tea year round! At least in the summer, it can be sweetened with Stevia.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

We drink TONS of Gatorade. Fierce Grape, Riptide Rush, and the now defunct Citrus cooler are our favorites.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Iced tea here. No sweetener at all, just lots of lemon. I don't like it sweetened.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I coulda sworn black and tan was a dog. (We don't SPELL it "dawg", we just say it that way!)

This week's vote was a tough one to settle on. It just depends on how hot and sweaty I am! Sometimes I crave water, sometimes tea, sometimes lemonade or a Coke, and sometimes "other". Just so long as it's a tall, cold drink I'm happy.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Gimme some sweet tea any day with a twist of lemon! Had a carpenter in last year and served him up tea all afternoon one day. He confessed at the end of the job that it was the best tea he'd had and that he wished I could show his wife how to make it right. I brew it strong, strong, strong, use a 1/2 packet of the "pink stuff" and 1/8 slice of freshly squeezed lemon. Mmmmmmmmm! Can't take that stuff they serve in the restaurants that they call tea....more like colored water to me.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Lemon juice. Here we do not use the word "lemonade". It should not be too cold. It should have a bit of sugar and a pinch of salt. This is my favourite. Though I like a 'rose-flavoured herbal syrup' that is available, this simple lemon juice tops it all. Its very close competitor is the Sarsaparilla syrup (extracts of the roots of that plant). What a wonderful coolant this is!

I like water- it doesn't stain your teeth. :-)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

well coffee is my year round drink, but summer time i drink crystal lite iced tea or the generic thereof(whatever is cheaper and on sale) on lots of crushed ice, no lemon, no calories, just ice cold and refreshing. i love our new refrigerator with the crushed ice machine! the best

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Terry, if you're from Ga, you do spell it 'dawg'!! LOL!!

Sweet tea all the time. Most times, just cold from the fridge, no ice, unless it's above 90°

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL tiG! I was going to say the same thing!! I've always spelled it "Dawg"!
Must be another Georgia thang....I like my tea the same way!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Iced Tea the house wine of the south

Lindale, TX(Zone 8a)

Used to have one of them Saranac Black and Tans. Best huntin dawg I ever had till he got run over by that there Ozarka Sparklin Water truck.
Bill

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Listen, y'all - on THIS side of the TN/GA line, we still spell it dog. Unless we're talking 'bout UGA - and then I'm not sure HOW we spell it, but it don't sound like "dawg".

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

I like diet Pepsi. Real cold! But I've also been seen drinking some nice cold ice water from time to time.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Like Pardancanda, I drink almost only Iced Tea, no sugar. I make a gallon jug just about every day and Jim doesn't like anything without sugar so it's all mine........lol

Fredericton,

Tropicana orange juice cut with soda water. (Need my Vitamin C)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Just gotta have water and lots of it....Been known to drink from the water hose as I work in the garden!

I drink water at room temp all year round .
In season I squeeze a grape fruit one per glass top up with water [unsweetened] very refreshing ..

Santa Clara, CA(Zone 9a)

I drink mostly water, usually starts out cold but I like it just fine if it warms up. Once in awhile I drink ice tea, but it seems to keep me up a night more than coffee does.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

guess I should have mentioned that I only drink decaf :)

Tacoma, WA

About 95% of the time I drink juice. I like all kinds of fruit juices. The real stuff though. I do get my daily water too (8 glasses).

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello All, I have been in Fl 16 months after living all my life in Northeast Ga.Love the ocean, and the warm winter, but sure wish I could have brought my good Ga well with me! Love Ga water!Anyone coming from the north to Ft Pierce? Drop me off a jug of Ga water. LOL

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I freeze water in the single sized Pepsi plastic bottles. I only fill it a little under half to freeze it and when I want some water for gardening or in the car, I bang the frozen bottle to break up the ice and fill it up with water. It stays nice and cold that way if I don't forget and leave it in the sun when I'm in the garden! I think ice water quenches the thirst better than anything, although I do drink a lot of Pepsi too.

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Gatorade was once the quencher, bar none. I remember working outside in S Fla years ago, and drinking a bottle of Gatorade down non-stop. But today, Gatorade has caught up with the times. They have added sugar to attract more customers. AND, because sugar drinks don't quench our thirst, we will buy and drink more of the product. Now they aren't so dumb, are they?

Honor, MI(Zone 5b)

I drink water (with ice) all the time...summer or winter, so that's my choice. When we go out to eat, or for a middle-of-the-day treat, I love a tall glass of iced tea with lemon. But I, like Kikisdad, will admit that an ice cold beer on a hot evevning is most enjoyable! Make mine Killians. Or when I want to go back to my roots, I choose Pilsner Urquell.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Room temp water here. But when I go to town I nearly always buy one of those $.69 lemonades at McDonald's or go to Sonic for a Rt. 66 cherry limeaide. They really hit the spot on a hot day.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ice-cold water does the trick, but I also like power drinks like Gatorade. A blue soda is very refreshing, but doesn't do much to hydrate a body. ;)

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

I'm a coffee drinker, all year long, all day long. I really like the VooDoo Ice frozen coffees in the summer time.
But, when I push it just a little too far in the heat, nothing will quench that thirst but an ice cold Coca Cola.
I also have been known to consume quantities of Sonic's Lemon slush.

Cheri'

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I like sun tea over crushed ice. Go through a gallon a day when working outside.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Iced tea has been my "morning coffee" for years. Hot in winter, cool in summer. However, I must admit heat makes me think of Mexico, Thailand and Russia and that means beer! Corona, Kilkenny or any of the Dark ales. Also, must admit to loving gin and tonic in the heat and a friend who lived in Jamaica, serves it with a spear of cucumber instead of lime twist which is most refreshing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.