Favorite summer thirst quencher?

(Zone 5a)
There are a total of 275 votes:

Water
(118 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Tea (iced, hot, sweet, unsweetened, lemon, mint, other?)
(94 votes, 34%)
Red dot

Lemonade or fruit juice
(28 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Soft drink (diet or regular?)
(22 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Other?
(13 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Water,water ,water. Cold and if I can, a squeeze of lemon or lime, very refreshing. When in a situation ie my cross country motorcycle trips, in hot climates there is always a bottle strapped on the bike,even warm water keeps you hydrated. 2 nd choice is iced tea plain or w/ lemon.
p.s. just got back from Fla. thought you might like this shot.

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Water, lots of water. Tea tastes good but it dehydrates you as other caffene drinks do. I drink my water cool or warm but not iced since I can only drink limited amounts if it is too cold but can really tank up if it is just cool. Sometimes I drink Gatoraide or some similiar product, or fruit juice. Anything with alcohol also dehydrates a person no matter how refreshing it might seem to be at the time. The better hydrated your body is the more efficient the cooling system will be. Make mine water.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

scooter, did you find any?

I admit.. it has to be a baskin and robbins cappuccino blast.

Venice, FL(Zone 7a)

Water is for the garden and to make ice to keep the beer cold and Fosters is Australian for beer.(Bottle no oil-cans)

Reynoldsburg, OH(Zone 5b)

Vacationing in the Carolinas turned me into a sweet tea drinker, but there's nothing better than a Coca-Cola in a glass of crushed ice. Straws are optional.

Nothing like a home-made mix, with or without ice. Usually
fresh lemon, fresh lime, or orange halves each with water. I experiment with combinations and crushed mint leaves.
I often go off on a tangeant and mix raspberries or
blueberries and crushed mint leaves with ice. My cats love
these two also.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Ice tea sweetened with honey.I'm making mine for work tomorrow as type.

Welcome Drjamtg. That sounds good. Your cats love your fruit drinks? I think that's great.

Olympia, WA

Purplechime - I'm w/ you - water right out of the hose!!!!!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Ice cold water or a diet coke. Some times a 'cold one' hits the spot, but only if I'm done for the day! :-D

Water...it's easier on my hips LOL

I do keep iced tea made all the time though as DH drinks it and it seems to be the choice here in the south!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Water is the best, doesn't have to have ice, a little slice of lemon is good. I also like my homemade juice, best is grape. Donna

ARLINGTON, TX(Zone 10a)

Idrink iced tea no sugar year round. sometimes in the winter I like hot tea with lemon and sugar but not very often.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I love iced cold tea, of course, I'm southern and wouldn't admit it if I didn't..But with Diabeties, I now have to drink unsweetened, or use Splenda at times.. It has taken me 15 years to learn to like it with no sweetener at all..Green tea has also kind of grown on me thru the summer..It is an acquired taste I think..I try to drink water also, but it is so hard for me..Oh yea, De-caff always at home and out when available.
Larkie

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 7th 11:17 PM

Just freshly brewed ice tea with sugar and lemon and a bit of mint is refreshing on a hot day.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Lots of ice cold water, lots of ice & sometimes with a twist of lemon as well as a bit of the lemon juice squeezed in. Refreshing, good for you & no calories!!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Larkie, do you have to worry about caffeine, too, with diabetes?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Morph,
It's better to try and limit you caffiene..It can cause cravings that are usually high sugar or high carb, so I just leave it alone as much as possible..
Larkie

Verona, ON

Water, water, water please, especially the good old hard water out of our well. When we travel anywhere I can't drink what all those city folk call water. I bring my own.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh, I don't want to grow older, please help! I love my caffeine and sugar in my Coca-Colas!!! I drink the water to replenish, but there's nothing better to me than the sound and taste of a fresh gulp from a FRESHLY OPENED, COLD, CAN of original Coca-Cola!

Show Low, AZ(Zone 7a)

LEMONADE! I love this stuff, but I also drink Propel water.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I USED to drink colas...Pepsi OR Coke...and coffee in the morning but after reading studies on tea, I make tea everyday now.

In the morning, I have some hot tea with lime juice or lemon, but I do prefer lime. Then I leave the tea bag in the pot of hot water. When I get home at night, I pour the tea in my half-gallon jug in the fridge. I add a small amount of Splenda.

I take a sports bottle to work with me filled with ice, as well as another (mayo) jar full of tea and a gallon freezer bag of ice. I used to ask in the (fast food) restaurants, "OK to fill up with ice?"And later refill with tea from my jar in the fridge at work, now I just bring my own ice. (Gosh, I sound like a fanatic, don't I?)

I never knew how much I would love the stuff. And it is full of anti-oxidants and doesn't have as much caffeine as some of the other drinks, and it is CHEAP to make. I DON'T prefer bottled tea, though I have drunk it on occasion.

I remember spending so much on sodas. I try to get the tea when it is on sale, as well. It's a great refreshment after coming in from gardening as well...

Oh, and some fresh mint from the garden in it is nice, too!

This message was edited Saturday, Aug 9th 1:19 AM

(Zone 6b)

When I am truly thirsty nothing seems to quench it like plain old water. No ice please; just cold from the tap.

Hammonton, NJ(Zone 6b)

We drink tea the year around! We like the "Red Rose" brand. In summer iced and in winter hot. Also, at times we change off to green tea. Teas are supposed to be very benificial healthwise. DH uses No Sugar and I use an artificial sweetner "Sweet 'n Low". No commercial soda....too expensive and not good for 'ya! Tea is much more thirst quenching and satisfying!!!

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

While I'm working in the garden, I drink lotsa water, but when just sitting and relaxing in my garden, I drink alot of homemade sweet tea. Every once in a while, I'll sit back with a Yeungling Lager. I don't drink too much of it, one bottle here and there, because Yeungling isn't readily available in Ohio. It is brewed in Pottsville, PA, and distributed throughout PA, NY, NJ, FL, MD, DC, NC, VA, DE and AL. They have not expanded their market to OH, yet. Everytime I go back to PA to visit my family (twice a year), I make sure I bring back 2 cases of Yeungling. I usually bring back one case of lager and one case of black & tan. It's really hard making them stretch an entire year, until my next visit.

http://www.yuengling.com/

Dave

Water with a twist of lemon is as good as it gets!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good 'Ole SWEET tea over ice and plenty of refills!!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I like a homemade iced mocha to jumpstart the day, then water and at dinner a rootbeer. Does anyone ever make sun tea? I like to make it out of Red Zinger herbal tea.

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

Tea all of the time! But occasionally I will drink a nice cool glass of water, and sometimes even a lovely gin-and-tonic!

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

I dawdled bout voting here, because it is almost all of the above!

Year, round I dont go anywhere without a gallon of Kroger (Dannon) spring water, and bum ice everywhere I go.

Love Unsweet ()i'm already sweet enough!) iced tea, extra lemon or lime!

Love DP's but they arent good for me so I have almost given them up.

Love iced coffee, unsweet or slightly only.

Dont do much juice they sae it is bad for your blood sugar because you dont have to digest it, so it goes straight into your bloodstream.

We have fresh limeade on a regular basis all year round. (ask for my recipe if you are interested.) really easy!

NO beer or wine, just makes ya sweat more (not perspire in TX -- SWEAT)!

We also love the mexican aguas frescas - cantalope, jamaica, tamarindo, strawberry, watermelon, papaya!

And, in Texas, it is DAWG (dahwwwwwgggggg) ;-))

Love, the eloquent Lavanda (at least for today)

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

I forgot all about limeade, Lavanda! Thanks for posting & reminding us about that one... I LOVE limeade!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.