Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening,

Lordy I’ve been keeping myself busy, starts early as my chiropractor appt. Is 7:30 and Ari comes at 4n still seems the day flies by.

Very mild today, calling for rain tomorrow right thru to Buffalo but better than a blizzard, guess I am going as I told Sharon providing it was good weather I’d go along for the trip. Excited to meet up with Debbie at Cracker Barrel, I’ll give her a hug for you all.

Today other than above I went through 5 bags of the fabric pieces, most in garbage but did get a lot of finished blocks, what i did keep were strips, I roses every piece I could use and separated in colour, kids and I will love grabbing a bag when wanting to make squares or frogs. Still have 2 bags but I’ve done far too much.

Darlene called and said it was warming up 8n Myrtle Beach and Johns loving his golf.
She also asked if I wanted a job, John’s sister who has a place in San Francisco, a cottage up here, a place 8n Myrtle Beach bought a massive home 2 streets over, they travel quite a bit, their kitty (2) sitter retired. Weeks they are away they need someone who will go over twice a day-7 days a week, sometimes for long weekends etc so John and Dar suggested me..for a week $350, no more than 1 hr out of my schedule on days they are away. They just got back from Ireland and we’re driving to their place 8n Myrtle Beach, thought they would get there tonight, Dar will give her my #.

We are on page 2, just know if I start going back and forwards pages I will lose my post sooo will say goodnight, talk tomorrow night

Keep well my friends

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We ALMOST finished packing. I pick up the U-haul to move the rest of the stuff tomorrow & I have help coming at my house Friday night & then I drive it over to the new house Saturday morning & we have my "football players" coming for hired help.

The contractor does the new fire door Saturday, the cleaners come Sunday, the re-inspection is Monday. Closing is Wednesday. The sheds were moved today and they left a HUGE pile of leaves underneath!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Talk about organized Pat, nearly at the finish line.
Praying there are no hiccups

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, just getting ready to leave, meeting Sharon and her house, she should have the 3 dogs in their crates ready to leave at 7. She becomes attached to them, she will shed a few tears I’m sure when she hands them over to their new moms

Enjoy your day

Third day to begin my seed starting in Arkansas. Lots of rain here. Finally washed all snow and ice away. God is good.

Verona, ON

We are in for another day of freezing rain. WLs report it will occur most of the day.Oh joy.

Surprised I still have power.

Stay safe and warm. Will check back later as I am a little preoccupied keeping the house in order in this weather.

Getting a jump start on your Garden Flowergirl2100! Good for you.

Have fun Betty! Have a wonderful lunch with friends and do some USA shopping!

Sharon, we do get to stage when we feel the need to pare down to ease the eventual work for our kin.

Linda, I hope you are continuing to feel better.

Susan, it will be interesting to see where the draft is coming from & out to fix it and make your home more cozy!

I doubt I will get a flower garden or much of anything done outside this year. You would be appalled at the "size" of my new "yard". Holy cow... it's postage stamp and it likely will be smaller when I'm done! I want to put a small garden shed on one end of the yard and a small patch of a flower garden in another & likely that will only leave a tiny patch of grass for Marie's dog!

Marie said the snow has melted off the back yard and there is a MESS of dog poop. The prior owners had 3 dogs. THIS is the reason I do NOT complain about a litter box!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

End of the tunnel is getting closer Pat. I know you will be happy when it's all done.
Betty, it's always sad when you turn the puppies over to new owners. Enjoy your trip to the U.S. sending hugs for Debbie.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hurray Pat - getting so organized and ready-to-go to your new-to-you home! Ewwww on the dog poop! So many people don't clear the yard during the winter. They really SHOULD.
Betty - she doesn't want 3 more dogs, so of course she'll be letting them go, but I do understand seeing puppies leave your care and that it's an emotional time.

I'm SO pleased that the Shelter Logic is getting cleared out of what used to be Bob's tools & stuff. A friend of mine who's a contractor looked at everything I have, and took away some of the tools, etc, and will be here on Saturday to take the rest, including the ladders. He's going to use the frame of the Shelter & make me a greenhouse. The cover door was ripped at the side of the zipper by someone who thought it was velcro and pulled up on the door........ so, it's garbage & so is the tarp that was put over it because the "fabric" was getting torn in the wind. Looks so tacky now, but will look GREAT when it's a greenhouse!

Don't click that link. It is a scammer.

Glad to hear you are getting things cleared out Susan.

Victoria Harbour, ON

See the hackers are back. Grrr

Had a few flurries during the night, not enough to shovel so happy about that.

Welcome flower girl, my birthday is early March and 2as given a 3 tier seed starter unit with heat lights, i started seeds right away, they were too lanky by the time the snow left and ground warmed up so i did learn from it. That being said I really could have planted geranium seeds earlier so am looking for seeds. What have you started. Sharon is lucky with her weather and has a garage she starts and divides her plants very successfully.

Ohhh Susan, lucky you, a greenhouse, you will spend mega time in it and although a few a things need repair/replacement am sure you can do it. Great you are getting it done on a bartering system

Dianne, we had heavy rain from here to Toronto yesterday, from Toronto to Burlington where we met up with puppy #1’s mom it was a light rain, by the time we got to St Catherine’s rain has stopped. Think Sharon wanted to come home with the male dog that was going to San Francisco, lady was so high strung, we stayed around where airport was just incase Sharon would pick him up. Hope your power didn’t go out. I was worried about mine going out while away but it was ok, at the rate of the rain i would have had a mega flood.

Lindakay, did give Debbie extra hugs, we met her at Cracker Barrel at noon then went To joanne’s and big lots which were next door to each other, home by 7. Sharon is not a shopper big sigh.

Pat, almost at the finish line.. is the fire door going in today? Yuck, likely there was snow on the ground and they didn’t see most of it. I am sure once the moves are done you will plant a flower garden regardless the size. Is Marie now staying in your new home?

Debbie gave me a pretty solar watering can with lights hanging, think I will put it in front garden.

Cancelled the kids today, long time sitting and body giving me the what for so will spend day in bed. i didn’t buy much as when you consider For every $100 US I pay $134.15 so really when you consider travelling gas you might as well buy what you want here when on sale.

Keeping to my promise to myself it will be an all day best rest. Guess i will play a lot of solitaire and word search games.

Sharon and I decided that when we meet Debbie next time it will not be Cracker Barrel, their menu changed, Sharon’s ham she couldn’t even chew it. I ordered the chicken dinner, grease was dripping off of it, ate a drum stick and that was that, took it home, might set in micro and with paper towel and dab off grease or garbage.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I kicked that guy out and removed his 20+ spammy posts. If any of you see anything anywhere else, send me a note at the helpdesk.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Quote from melody :
I kicked that guy out and removed his 20+ spammy posts. If any of you see anything anywhere else, send me a note at the helpdesk.

Thank you, Melody!

Bed rest is good for you, Betty. What did you finally decide to do with all that extra fabric you didn't use? I must have missed that post.
I like the barter system. The large piece - table saw - I will get some $$ for. I believe that Ken will take the construction ladders, too. It'll be good to have the yard & shed cleared out so it's only my stuff here. I'm looking forward to re-shaping my garden space into a green/garden space with no ugly/tacky structures.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2024 10:58 AM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No problem at all...if you see anything else suspicious, give me his username. I can pull that up and see where he's been and that makes it easier to find his spam.

I know some of you are quilters...here's one I just finished. Some dear friends of ours have a 5 year old girl that was diagnosed with leukemia earlier this month. I had this kitty fabric and a piece of perfect backing lurking (don't ask how much fabric I have...just know I have 9 sewing machines and use your imagination) Anyway, this is just a simple, no pattern quilt with just enough quilting to make it softer each time it's washed. Intended to be drug around and loved to death. Fancy wasn't needed...comfort was.

Thumbnail by melody Thumbnail by melody

Melody, thst quilt is beautiful, and will bring lots of comfort to them.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Melody, I truly understand lol

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Melody, the quilt will surely give her comfort..prayers. Nice to see you post.

Still in bed, contemplating running a hot bath, although i must need this day in bed I feel it’s a lost day.

Susan, i worked 2 full days going through all those bags, whatever i could, ironed all and colour coordinated and bagged them. I still have the woman dropping off left overs from a swap group, i just remembered i should have called her today to set up either a pick up day or delivery day, i will wait until tomorrow and give her a call

OOooooooo I LOVE that sign Susan! LOL

Betty, a day in bed sounds wonderful! BUT I know it wouldn't work. I could not sleep & finally got up and headed to the new house, unloaded the car & went back to my old house and packed up the remnants of what remained.

I got to the Uhaul rental and they gave me a 26 footer, NOT the 17 I reserved. I was NOT a happy camper and driving in the dark & rain was a nightmare. My church friends loaded it last night & I drove it to the new house & left it there. THIS morning Marie's grandson & friends unloaded the Uhaul and the POD while I was at Jean st getting contractors going on the fire door.

There is still clean up outside to do & touch up paint... closing in on DONE and it's a good thing. I am exhausted.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good for you, Betty. You're doing what I would, too - ironing them lol They pack away so much nicer when you do.
Pat - closing in on DONE is a good thing :)

It never ends..........
Today when a friend came & took away the tools from the shed & shelter, "his girlfriend" was recording it. My friend, Ken, said as he was leaving, he smiled & waved for the camera lol Well, if he puts in a complaint, I'll have Proof that he's watching me. Y'think that this would be another breach of the Peace Bond. Spying on me. He's really digging a DEEP HOLE for himself. In the meantime, I phoned the RCMP constable & left a message telling him that he may get a complaint call.
This is really creeping me out. I'm seriously thinking about putting in a Form 8 Alberta Mental Health form. If the judge takes this seriously, he'll put in a Form 7, which would detain Bob for mental health testing. After 3 breaches, and now the spying. This is over the top for me. My therapist said if I wanted to put in the Form (he's the one who mentioned it) he'll help me proceed with it. I sent him an email letting him know what happened, and I'll be in a meeting with him on Feb 2nd.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sunshine morning, still cold though as Ziggy was only out for 10 minutes.

Pat, you put in quite a day, the good part is seems in these last hours you are getting some much needed help, that is a blessing.we are all waiting for the day you say you’ve nothing to do so you are taking a project to do.

Lindakay, did you end up purchasing that longarm? Sharon bought a nice design pattern stateside, i will have to ask her to take a photo.

Susan, I will have to look for something with a saying like that to hang in my sewing room . The Bob saga still continues. Guess at some point the courts and RCMP will say in such a small park you have to encounter each other in passing, not so sure if I was he I would be watching as well only to see what I missed out on making the decisions I had made.you gained so much, he did not..

I’ve been up since 7 but i just might stay in my nighty and organize the craft room and kids projects and think of something some of them can make.

I should have bought embroidery needles while at Joann’s but Sharon kept saying add40% you can buy cheaper at him, right, now i have to drive to Barrie (time +gas) to get what i might have paid 10 cents more. Ziggy and I are both shaking our heads.lol

Just messaged some cousins to see if they want to go in on flowers for Rick’s funeral, think8mg as it’s only a day viewing I could have a lovely arrangement made so she can take it home so put that on my list of to do’s.i could pick it up after my chiropractor session Thursday and I could bring it to funeral home.

Well I best move or it wil be another wasted day

Susan, Naomi & Bob deserve each other, they are both idiots. I am sorry they continue to stir things up. If the mental health evaluation doesn't help, maybe a nice "vacation" in the jail for a couple more nights would be beneficial.

Betty, I hope you get your day in PJs, a little bit of creative thinking while you sort & clean. Is it sewing projects you want or "make it" kind of stuff?

I will head over to my old house & empty the refrigerator before the cleaners come & move the contents to the new house. I need to pick up all the stuff to hook up the washer & dryer. I bought new hoses but they couldn't find them when putting everything together. I am sure Home Depot & Lowes will continue to be "other home" while I make some changes & repairs to the new home. Our washer & dryer are front loading, so I want to put a countertop over them to add more storage space. There is no fan in my bedroom or guest room. I am spoiled I want a fan/light combination with remote control. After living with those for years, I can't go back to crawling into bed in the dark!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am going to spend 3 days in the front garden and dig up some invasive plants that the birds planted from across the street. We are suppose to have temps in the high 60s for the next 3 days and then rain moves in and that is always welcome. My gardener pruned all of my roses and I will feed them one day the first part of the week.

Pat, we are all so happy that you are on the final lap of moving. You could do what I do and have the majority of your plants in pots. I do it because of tree invasive roots but you can control the environment easier. Mine are on an irrigation clock which takes away hassle of hand watering.

Susan, did you try the candle trick to see if you could find where the draft is coming into your home.

Betty, I am with you. I would have spent the few extra cents so I wouldn't have to drive in to town to purchase those items. I usually get my gas at Costco but occasionally the lines would be so long, I would go to a near by gas station and pay twenty five cents more per gallon to save me sitting in a long line. I only fill up once a month and never let my car get below a half a tank. Half a tank was something my father drilled into our heads. You never want to have to go to the gas station during an emergency.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yeah, they're made for each other. If, as she's hoping, he marries her it would be his FOURTH marriage lol Twice her age, and about the same mental capacity. (if that doesn't sound like me, you're right, but right now I'm shaking my head at this - I couldn't write a book with this much drama, no one would buy it LOL)
Today I took a bin of his clothing (all that was left in the shelter after the tools were gone), a box of hats, his ice skates, and a wall hanging his daughter gave him before we met, in his girlfriend's driveway. I went to Silver Willow centre and returned within 5 minutes. She was outside going through the stuff and she saw me drive in. If you look at the Park I'm in, picture a T - drive in through the bottom bar, and I live on the left, while she lives on the right . We never need to pass each other's home.

Sharon - the "draft" is from the trim of one window, one door (now both covered with plastic film I had for that reason) and the walls & floor. I don't believe that the outside wall was insulated properly, and the floor - same thing. The window & door need some weather stripping, I believe. The walls are cold.
Next week a contractor is coming by to give me an estimate, based on what I want. I'll send the estimate into SHARP (Senior Home and Adaptation Repair Program - it's an Alberta thing) and if it's approved then they will pay him the amount needed. It's a grant so I wouldn't need to pay it back. That's because I rent, not own, the property my mobile home is on and I'm a low income senior. They are trying to keep seniors in their own home as long as possible.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2024 9:18 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

how come there are 2 threads going here - am I missing one?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, too dark to see outside, mustn’t be freezing as Ziggy is out and not wanting to come in,

Susan, wouldn’t that be wonderful if SHARP would cover what needs to do. Is this the kind of grant you can only apply for at a certain time? There is something similar in Simcoe county, my steps need replacing so i should really check into it, thanks for the reminder.

Sharon will your gardeners be there to help with those 3 days of hard work?

Got a phone call, Pat, my 90 very active seniors who have been with me going on 35+ days fell in her bedroom and broke her hip, operation was yesterday, hard going at her age.

Best I start my car, have to leave in 15 minute for chiropractor session

Good morning everyone.
So much going on with everyone.
Susan, I pray all goes well you you and Bob. Praying he gets an evaluation and proper treatment.
Pat, sounds like things are almost finished for you.
Yes, I did buy the 12 foot long arm. I am waiting for my son to get his room done, so I can get it set up. So I will take the machine to a repair place, have it looked at and serviced if needed. It's an older model called Ken Sewn. Made by Ken Gammil. He started the Gammil company.

Victoria Harbour, ON

How wonderful Lindakay, Gammil is the best of them all..likely not worked hard, just needs a good servicing.

Just ate and enjoyed a homemade soup and thank goodness, I went to Meatland and picked up 4 sm marrow bones, could have bought steak for same price, imagine $14+ for them, add all the veggies etc it should be yummy!

Took down the Xmas tree on front deck and wrapped it, it’s so beautiful outside I could have sat after sweeping off the front deck and got myself a tan.

Was tempted to put out the beautiful copper watering solar can that has lights falling out of spout but this weather is deceiving, not spr8ng yet, have to wait

Had plans to do a few things today but think I have done enough, Vanessa comes at 3:30pmso I will put my feet up.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I can get the grant more than "once in a lifetime". Thing is, when I apply, they will say if I'm approved or not, before I get the work done. The contractor will give me an estimate, based on what I want done, and I'll send it to SHARP.
Ken's coming by to pick up the ladders and the stuff I need taken to the dump.

Susan, I hope your grant gets approved immediately for any repairs you need done. Was this an addition that Bob put on?
Linda, it will be wonderful for you to be up and quilting again. Owning your own will be great!
Sharon, lots of outdoor work lined up for yourself as usual. I SAY I won't do anything outside this year but... well... if we ever get Marie's house ready & sold, and Clayton has come & gone from China (february 5 thru the 22), THEN maybe I will draw up a few garden plans LOL
Betty, put your feet up while you can!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes, Pat - this is the addition he put on. He said "R40 in the attic (he put a peaked roof on the mobile - used to be the rounded metal roof of the older mobiles), and R20 in the walls". If it's that, then the insulation slipped. PLUS he didn't put any heat registers on 2 of the outside walls. He did on one wall on the deck side, and the 4th wall is an inside one - there's a register there. I need the underside (floor) insulated, too. The skirting isn't insulated, but I may hold off on that until next year. SHARP's fiscal year is July 1 to June 30 each year. I'd have this done before June 30th. They're pretty good on paying quickly, too. Last time we got reimbursed within 2 weeks.

Susan, great program and I hope you get the help you need.

Marie convinced me to nap, I laid down at 5 & got woke up with a phone call at 9. Now I suppose I won't sleep tonight!
I never heard whether the appraiser stopped by the house today to verify I finished the Fire door replacement I stopped and got the last of the stuff out of the garage but didn't have room for everything off the back porch. I STILL need to go back and finish. I hired teens to clean up the leaves that had been under the sheds. Back at it tomorrow.

That saying, a woman's work is never done, is so true. Our list's never seem to get done.
Our weather here has been a yo yo. 30 degrees for a few days, then back in the 60's for a week.

up

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat, kudos to Marie for being able to convince you to have a nap.. I am surprised that you didn’t sleep through the night. Is your closing still on?

Not a wonder Lindakay everyone is coming down with a cold. We have hit a few 40°f days and today 28F. It is a different kind of cold, goes right through you, soup I made yesterday is hitting the spot, but on one hand I’m thinking it could help me lose weight and on the other hand I’m thinking of getting the frozen cherry pie out of the freezer.

Been a lazy day, I’m pretty well caught up with chores so I’ve spent half the morning laying on the couch , the other picking out stitches on a few of Evans valentines table topper, he wasn’t into sewing last week so I thought I would get him back on track.

The next 4 days are busy ones, hoping all are no snow days.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - good for you on hiring teens. They're a lot faster than us lol
Betty - what a choice! Healthy soup, or comfort food lol I'd probably have BOTH hahaha

Yesterday the Chairperson of Wellness said that someone else is taking over the Secretary position, and she's looking to find someone to take over the Casino chair position - Hurray, two positions off my plate! I'm scrambling to find all the Secretary stuff, and made up a list of the duties of the Secretary. I MAY have someone to take over the Treasurer position. This would leave me with "only" the Librarian volunteer position, and I'm ok with that.
On March 21st the Seniors group has their AGM & I'm hoping to find a Secretary for that, so I don't have to do it.
Then I would be Librarian of one group, and President & Events Coordinator of the other. This would make me very happy indeed. Three, instead of 7 positions. Already I'm feeling lighter!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well Betty that soup sounds delicious. I've never made soup with soup bones or beef bones. Do you get them from the butcher or do they just automatically have them in the meat section? Our weather today was 73° degrees and beautiful supposed to be the same tomorrow and then big storm, rain and wind coming in Thursday so I've been rushing around cleaning flowerbeds, moving strawberry plants cleaning around them, and tomorrow I will spread some fertilizer, chicken manure, and mulch to get ready for mother nature to help soak it in.

My daughter and her husband have started searching on Instagram and other channels on the computer find cheaper meats to purchase that have steaks or something within them. They are so delighted when they find something cheap that has a nice ribeye in the middle of it. another funny things she has done is stopped by the large potatoes at Costco and now buys the small potatoes at Costco for baked potatoes. Don't really even notice a difference because you really don't need their large large potatoes for baked potatoes and the small potatoes are the perfect size.

Well, Susan, sounds like you're getting everything in order with all your committees and events you were in charge of. It is a good thing you were learning how to say no. I used to have that problem when people asked me to help them garden, but then I would turn around and I was gardening and they were gone back in their house. I finally decided that I wasn't helping them I was actually guarding for them.

Pat, so pleased you are so close. And I can guarantee you you'll have a few pots on your patio with some pretty geraniums or something. I have many pots with succulents, but our weather is much milder in the winter than yours. You would have to store them inside.
My plumarius are in the garage have been sin October and have still got the green leaves. I gave them a small dose of water today and then took my blower into the garage and blew out all the leaves that had dropped on the floor. I had my helper stepson with me today and he was a big help, he was born with silver palsy so he only has use of one arm but he did a good job. He's also autistic and does a lot of talking while we're gardening and half the time I don't understand him and he gets frustrated with me when I don't understand him, but I tell him I couldn't hear him, that seems to help him a little bit. He's 58 been here two years and probably another year.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I sent that because I didn't want to lose it and I didn't check because I was dictating it so I hope I didn't say something stupid or spellcheck except chain something nasty. My index figure on my left hand was really bothering me yesterday when I was working in the garden, but today it didn't hurt at all, go figure my knuckle is all swollen on that finger so it's gotta be some kind of arthritis. I go to the doctor on the ninth for my six month pill renewal and I'll have him look at it.

Well Linda, so glad you got your long arm that is. How is your son doing on making the back room bigger for you? I just saw the news that the farmers in Texas are all moving their farming equipment to the border to stop the illegal immigration. I just love Texas people they stand for what they think, just like the Canadian truckers. and I read the other day that the High Court in Canada said what they did to the truckers was illegal. I hope that changes something for the truckers.

Super Bowl is coming to Las Vegas and oh my goodness the town is in all upside down circus mode. Southwest airlines and United Airlines added flights from San Francisco and Kansas City and outlying city and prices have gone sky high. they are actually flying helicopters overhead two or three times a day, low to spot radiation. They figure if someone in the outskirt or anywhere in town is making bombs this specially equipment on the helicopters will pick it up. local buses will not be running Saturday Saturday from midnight before the Super Bowl until midnight after the Super Bowl or even later. Going to be a total place to absolutely stay away from.

They just announced on Sunday that they are tearing down the Tropicana hotel to make place for the Oakland baseball team which will be the Las Vegas baseball team. Then the only thing we won't have is a NBA team which is in the works.. so sad that Verns not here cause he would be so happy with all these professional sports.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2024 6:12 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sharon - how wonderful that your stepson is able to help. Good thing you're satisfying him with the old chestnut "Sorry, I didn't hear you" comment lol
Sharon - Nice that you're getting the professional sports venues around where you live. I'm NOT into sports, but can appreciate that others are.
I'm lucky to live rurally, because there are farms that I can buy meat from, locally. Getting some hamburger in a few days. Certainly better than the mush that passes for hamburger in those tubes!
Today Secretarial and Casino Chair were taken off my plate, and I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me about Treasurer. HURRAY! At least 2 gone, and maybe the 3rd :)

This message was edited Jan 30, 2024 10:24 PM

Wow Susan, you are almost a lady of leisure now! A few more releases and you will be free LOL.

Tough to decide what to wear when you have that much fluctuation Linda. I am forever taking my 2nd shirt off. Too cold, back on, too warm, back off. I must have coats and gloves everywhere.

Betty, hopeful Evan will feel like sewing next week.

The house is NOT going to close tomorrow. Some problem with the buyer at the title company. Extension is being filed and a new title company being sought. What they said was the problem made no sense to me so until I understand I won't repeat it.

The inspection & appraisal are done... I never heard back on what it appraised at.

Today I emptied the metal shed & I am sore. I didn't have help & loaded the lawn mower and other heavy items. Took a load to donations & delivered my Rubbermaid garden closet to the new house.

Yea, I am not going to "make it" without something. I have already started eyeing the little patch of curbing around the tree out front. I had some bulbs that never got transplanted after Octovia did some unauthorized changing in my flowerbeds. They are sprouting and I am thinking of taking off the basalt rock and putting the bulbs in & covering it with bark. I didn't last long did I? LOL

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh Pat - hope this non-closure is just a technicality and you can get closure SOON! Do you have anything that's in the Sea Can that you would need soon-ish?

As for being a lady of leisure....... yeah, kinda feels GOOD. I'm doing a bunch of Spring cleaning (yeah, not even close to being Spring, but with all the stuff out of the shelter and someone coming by to inspect my den for cold spots & how to fix it, I'm doing a LOT of throwing out) and of course the hand quilting. I'm not even close to thinking about a long arm quilter. That's never going to happen, but I would like to set up my quilt frame. I'll need some 6ft long boards to go on the end pieces. Hard to describe it, but maybe some of you ladies know what I'm talking about.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.