Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It feels positively balmy at 19cesius aka -1F
My car started today, and that's a plus :)
Betty - why can't you cancel sewing classes - too soft hearted for those who are willing to learn I suppose :)

I forgot to post this, and did it several hours later......... oooooooopsie lol

Thanks for the hugs, Betty - appreciate them a lot.
I got told by our Chairperson (Joan) that if I quit as Secretary Treasurer of Wellness that we may as well disband the group. I refuse to be bullied into keeping a position I'm tired of, and have been doing for 4 years (not well, either, as I don't understand some things & can't keep up with other things on my plate!).
If it has to disband, then so be it.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2024 8:02 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Susan, you took on so much don’t let them talk you into staying, you can be sure they would hang you up to dry if something went wrong

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

They're going to blame me for the reason that the Wellness group shuts down, but I have to take care of myself first and I WILL! So, if no one wants to take on the job & knows that this means the group shuts down, I won't be guilt-tripped into staying.
I'm finding that staying home & doing my quilting is very therapeutic. I'm enjoying myself more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good for you Susan!

I’ve had a lazy on, haven’t gotten off the couch

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I was going to work in the front landscape today, but I also had a walk-through meeting at 1 o'clock with the HOA landscape supervisor to go over some dry spots in the grass areas. That took over an hour but he's a nice young man and appreciates my expertise, by the time I got back my landscape crew was here so Emma and I came in and made ourselves a cup of hot chocolate collagen and now she's behind me on my chair in my bedroom asleep. So it looks like I'm not going to get into the landscaping today, I have some plants that blew in from across the street and love my landscape and have taken over a whole area where my strawberries are growing. Didn't plant the strawberries, they are Driscoll that came up from the compost pile and they are fabulous strawberries, so my plan was to dig up some of the plants and put some chicken manure on the strawberries because it's supposed to rain Sunday and Monday. so now I will attempt to do some of it Saturday afternoon after my Saturday visitor leaves which she leaves at 1 o'clock

I had a busy week, had my haircut on Tuesday. Went to a lunch with a friend who is a close friend of Jeanette and then yesterday had a manicure and pedicure, so I am good with the hair for several weeks for three weeks. I have no appointments next week, and after the rain, it should be a good time to do some cutting back of the roses and Castor beans. Everything else is already cut.

Susan, you were right not to feel guilty. Some people just like somebody else to be in charge, but will never step forward. It took me a long time to learn how to say no Betty has learned that yet, but she's such a kind person and she's doing a wonderful job with those children.

Pat, you are close to moving. I bet you're getting excited, because I know we are. I hope you have a lot of help.

Betty, I looked at your weather this morning and it was unbelievably cold. We are cloudy but 56 and no wind so actually not bad. Our weather. today would be like your spring..

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Susan, it is hard to imagine someone trying to guilt you into staying in a group! What a nasty thing to do! Someone will step up or they won't. It's not your responsibility to make it work!

Sharon I am sure all the common grounds are beautiful under your watchful eye.

Linda. stay warm & dry!

Betty, hopefully you are still ENJOYING the teaching of the kids.

I worked at the house all of yesterday and had LOTS of help. I did not expect to get ANY furniture in the POD, my plan was just to empty the sheds. I did MORE sorting as I handed stuff off to put in the POD. We had the sheds emptied of all the stuff I wanted moved by noon & then continued to move furniture in.

Today Marie & I worked on the garage a little before giving up for the day & another run to donations. I had to go to the title company and provide death certificates for Dad & copy of his Last Will & Testament proving the house was ONLY mine AND a copy of Ben's death certificate because WA is a community property state. I hope this part is now done.

Cotswold is officially ours now. Monday we can start moving stuff in. The POD arrives Monday at Cotswold and NEXT Saturday I will have a Uhaul to take the rest of my furniture & any remaining stuff to Cotswold. Cleaning on Monday after & I will be out of Jean & 1.31 sign off. We still have some repairs to finish and reinspection before then.

Weather has been awful. It's supposed to warm up and I hope so. We've had some freezing rain yesterday. I really don't mind snow so much but... freezing rain. NO THANK you.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, -13f brrr snowing so I will give it a few more hours then go out in the meantime have heating throw on me, not sure why I can’t warm up, guess I can put fireplaces on.

You have been busy Sharon, there is no doubt the young man appreciates your help, you have only to look at your front and back yard to see how you love gardening. When do you figure you can be eating strawberries? Is the weather nice enough today for you to be work8ng outside after your company leaves. Quite the life Emma has.

Cotswold move in Pat will be so exciting for you both, congratulations, big undertaking and you were up to the challenge.here is hoping that the all you provided re ownership of your home is sufficient enough for the sale to go through. I am enjoying the kids, was exciting today only having 2 boys from 9-11, the youngest Evan got in a fight so he has been grounded on most anything that entertains him but he got to come here this morn8ng, he didn’t feel like sewing, pushed him a bit then thought what to heck. He and Mason gabbed while Mason did a bunny pillow, turned out great, i will have to shop for more of the matted fabric.

Just put a Turkey tv dinner in micro, first time I’ve thrown away a tv dinner, tasted terrible, like plastic or sour so off to make a salad but out the fireplaces on first.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hurray, Pat - Cotswold is YOURS! How exciting!
I won't quit going to the Social Group, but I won't keep the Secretary/Treasurer position. If there isn't one, and the group closes down, so be it.
Hope the freezing rain STOPS. You don't need anyone falling. Stay safe & warm

Sharon - lovely on the Driscol strawberries. I have strawberries that come up every year (not sure what kind) but the raspberry canes take them over. Cutting BACK on the canes this year lol You have warm rain, while Pat has freezing rain. Send some of your warm rain to her (if she's absolutely going to Have rain, it may as well be warm!)

Back to quilting.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susan stick to your decision and don't let anyone make you change your mind.

I just finished another quilt. This one is for me. The design is called carpenters star. Still needs to be quilted.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Sunny but freezing, you could even hear the cracking of the deck wood planking and the doors sure were crackling, a good day to be inside.

Lindakay it’s lovely, will you quilt yourself or bring to longarm for quilting? Open the back deck doors which Ziggy looks forward to, he goes out from time to time in winter but this morning he wouldn’t even put his head out.

We had warning this morning that some idiots were out on the bay snowmobiling,some areas checked had 4”

Verona, ON

Good freezing morning. I have the same weather as Betty. The sun is shining so brightly you would think it would be warmer.

Need to get out and get the ice off of the front steps. I;ll wait for a bit and see if the sun helps a bit.

LK the quilt is stunning. I am so happy you are keeping this one for yourself.

Susan has it warmed up a bit? I hate freezing rain - it is the only weather activity I won't drive in. I also don't drive in the dark.

You know it is cold - I have socks on. I need to get the wood stove cleaned out. When the ashes get too high in the stove it doesn't give off as much heat,

Stay safe, warm and well.

I have a long arm I bought back in August last year. It's a 5 foot one with a husqvarna machine. I will quilt it myself. I am also going to one of quilt shops Wed. They have an older 12 foot longarm for sale for only $300.00. Even if the machine needs to be serviced, I think it will be worth it.
You ladies stay warm.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It has warmed up a bit - it's -13celsius, aka 8F. A LOT warmer than the -45c aka -45F!
On April 24th we seniors are having a show come to our community. I'm rather excited about it. They sent us a letter & brochure and it's meant ONLY for seniors. They give us a choice of Classic Country Comedy show; Roaring 20's show; 40's, 50's & 60's rock & roll comedy show; or Sherrif show. These are 1 hour shows. To defray the costs a bit, we're going to charge $15 per person. We'll also have a potluck - perhaps based on the show we choose. It's already booked, so now we just have to decide on which show.

That sounds awesome Susan.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think DG got hacked, thank goodness I had this site open, doesn’t show up, only ads where daily threads are..darn those hackers

Yesterday was such a busy day fr9m early morning till 6, by then I had eats and went to bed, read posts and started to type and drifted off.

Red sky this morning so I guess bad weather later.

Along day today, I’ve been to chiro, made muffins for June and Pat as they changed their day to Mondays rather than Tuesdays, then at 3:00-6:00 have Vanessa and Lily.

Lindakay I forgot you had bought a frame, how much fun you will have doing your quilts. That is a good deal but where oh where will you put a 12’ frame?

Dianne, sure hope you didn’t fall scrapping those iced steps? Did you see we are to get rain Thursday and Friday and high 30’s most of the week..give us winter so our seasons go back into their proper season temps

Sounds like a lot of fun Susan, personally I would be think8mg the 50’s

I don't see any adds this morning. Hackers are everywhere.
Sounds like another busy day for you.
My son has a huge house. The back bedroom where they sleep has another room behind that. They were using it for storage. Months ago thry started sorting, and getting rid of junk. He put up a dividing wall to make them a new bedroom, and I will have the thier bedroom for my long arm. We will get the longarm in the house, once he gets the new bedroom finished and bed moved, I can get my longarm room set up.

Linda, how is the sale of your house going? I hope your relator is keeping you updated. Are you getting lots of showings?

Susan, sounds like fun.

Betty, I am glad you have the kids to enjoy.

Saturday the contractor was working got called away due to death of Ex's grandfather. The relationship with EX is weird. Anyhow, he has not been back and did not return my call so I am searching for workers to finish the work.

Sunday the realtor called to report the appraiser says until there is a firedoor put in between garage and interior of the house, he will not assign a value. Now I'm looking for THAT contractor. To make it worse it is only a 30 inch door, not a 32 standard.

Meanwhile the weather has been awful, We got up to over an inch of freezing rain Sunday. I spent Saturday in a recliner at Jean street. I figured if I drove to Burbank there was an excellent chance I would get stuck in Burbank and I had too much do!

I don't know if they will move the POD or not due to all the snow. If the POD doesn't get moved out, the Hickory sheds can't be moved out. If the sheds are not moved out by 9Pm on 1.31, the new owners of my house can claim them. I am not panicking YET.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy,Lordy Pat, that is a lot to contend with but know you, you will make it seconds before the midnight closing.

That is great news Lindakay, maybe your area will be big enough you can start some classes, you would be so good at it.

Dianne, storm started about an hour ago, hoping it’s not heading your way.

Not sure what happened,well I do, girls got here at 9:30 and just left.a lot of chatting went on and show and tell. Pat had asked me if she could do a another machine embroidery with cardinal that says something like when a cardinal appears an Angel is near for her friend that recently lost her husband (33,082 sts) so it took longer.

I have my sciatica belt just under my armpits to put pressure on my back, have had a Tylenol 3 and a cbd gummy and they are helping somewhat. Girls get here at 3:45 so not much time to sit and rest.

Have to re start my dishwasher, put the load on just after I Hadith, must have used lo the hot water or overpacked it, not all were clean so guess I will wait til the girls get here and turn it on grrr

Linda’s 2 pillows and Ezra’s from yesterday

Notified DG of the posts, Melody (?) replied she had someone helping her trying to get rid of the scam posts

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

After 4 hours on the phone, my son & grandson finally have 2 airline tickets from China to US, and then return. We had every imaginable issue with it. Phone, computer, Credit card & fraud. Even the cat got in on the act, running across my keyboard and jumping to the top of the closet for the first time, knocking down stuff.

I have all contractors lined up now. POD is moving. With luck my stomach will settle down & I can relax for a just a minutes before heading to new house. I am a wreck.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh PAT - that IS a lot to contend with. No word from your contractor & having to scramble to get workers....... Not being sure about the weather & getting stuck is nothing to look forward to, that's for sure.
LindaKay - nice that you have somewhere large to put your quilt frames :)
Betty - you're wearing yourself out. Hope those items get cleaned. Nice that someone can help out. Glad that the sciatica belt is helping.
Quiet day today - more quilting. Almost time to put together the 2nd top.

Verona, ON

Another night when not being able to sleep. I did watch an interesting documentary about people who shine shoes for a living. They featured shiners from all over the world. Some of the shiners inherited the business others took it up when other things didn't work out. One guy was a lawyer, a few were university grads.

Of course I laid on the bed this afternoon to give Chaos belly rubs and fell asleep for an hour. I'm still dragging so hope I will sleep tonight.

Pat when all of this house shifting and purging is over I hope you can find a day to take a breather.

Susan your temps are brutal. We've had a couple nights below zero with the wind chill.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have spots in my den where it's drafty (where from, I have no idea) and gets to 41F - brrrrrrrrr I need to have someone look at this, and when it's warmer, FIX it! I don't want to spend another chilly winter in my den!
It is warmer than it was.it's nighttime and 9F outside.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I see that our viewing of pictures is better than it was. On the 1st picture you can "go back to post" but not subsequent. You have to use your browser "back" button....... oh well, at least we can see the pictures. I'm happy when I can see them, and that people post them. It's a really nice feature :)

Susan, that is NOT nice, 41 in your house? Or did I misunderstand? No one wants drafts, that's costing you MONEY!

Dianne, what I REALLY want is a long soak in very hot water and a massage!

Linda, any updates on your house?

Betty when you are hurting and tired, it worries me that you have students coming.

Heading back to my house to do more sorting and packing. My SIL Sharon is coming to help a couple of hours. Marie will join us later.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon,
Mild and snowing, well not really snow, almost rain. I went out this morning and made a pathway needed to get a different shovel which i forgot to bring from back shed, it was so nice out that I shovel the smallest off pathways, wide enough to slide to totes of Valentine’s Day totes from shed to house.

Susan, i so enjoy seeing photo’s as well, at one time you could just press arrow and it would scroll them and bring you back to the first photo..wow that is cold, for sure it will have to be priority 1 come spring, these upgrades are sure hard to do one 1 pay check. Maybe you can look for grants in your region designated to help seniors stay safely in their home.

Pat, you are like the energizer bunny, every day you keep running, whatever will you do when these moves are behind you?

Dianne that documentary sure sounds interesting, i thought they might be a thing of the past. Did see them when i went to city but haven’t in decades.. i would think tips would be great. How is Chaos feeling?you didn’t get a new member to the TH?

Marie dropped in and helped me bring the totes in and while we chatted I decorated, had just finished when Melanie came for a visit with Grayson, that sure made my day. She takes a dy off work every week or so to spent a day with him. He is always shy when he first gets here then gets excited. Melanie bought him skates so they were on their way to outdoor rink to meet up with friends and skate. Looking forward to photos.

I have a lady that belongs to a sewing club, their group had fabric exchange a few weeks ago, some was left so she called the other day and asked if I wanted some left over fabric for the young ones?? She is coming around 2:00pm, not sure what she is bringing, it will be a surprise. Giorgia comes at 4:00pm, and in between I have to pick up milk and prescription at pharmacy, there goes Tuesday 😜

Tomorrow it’s a 7:30am chiropractor appt. Not sure if I will stay in town until the bank opens so I can get US dollars or just use my credit card, looking forward to seeing Debbie, reminds me should go get my passport out just incase I forget it and can’t cross at the border.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - you understood me correctly. 41F IN my den.......... brrrrrrrrrr!!

Betty - how lovely for Melanie & Grayson to come for a visit. And the new-to-you fabrc - great!
I just got home from my (and others!) favourite thrift shop. They always have fabric, curtains, and bed covers. I picked up some sheets as backing for the lap quilts. $4 for one, and $3 for the other. Tilly's is a GREAT thrift shop & if you live in this county or surrounding ones, your life isn't complete until you've been to Tilly's hahaha

Yes, my realtor updates me every week. There have been 2 showings, but no offers yet.
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Pat, I pray you can get that door in place soon.

The fire door is supposed to be done Wednesday... let's hope so!

Sharon & I worked on the garage, Marie packed up and china & I helped her get it all delivered locally to her SIL Carol that is holding it for the OTHER SIL Donzella. Marie mailed out 10 place settings with serving dishes to her daughter Erin. We are investigating how best to ship a vanity.

We got a few groceries stocked and delivered a few boxes to the new house.

Stop and breathe once in awhile.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, very mild out, expecting rain over next few day, what a mess that will make.

Pat hope the door get installed asap and the china makes it without any breakage.has the weather been cooperating for you?

Lindakay, as with Pat an offer is out there somewhere, here is hoping sooner than later.

Susan I sure don’t need anything but I enjoy thrifts shops as well, always a treasure that says take me home.

Diane the lady who brought fabric bags and bags with piece, sad to say garbage they will go, i just don’t have room for strips 1-2” pieces 2-3”,but she did bring 6 fair size lap tops, I’ve decided I will put them on the frame, set the pantograph and here and there the kids can do some then we will add a section for the senior i wheel chair to put their hand inside to warm them up, also pieces that have grommets that the kids could make their own designed piece for wall hangings but all those bags of with pieces must go.

Once she left and Giorgia did her class i was just about to close the light and head to bed when a car pulled in the drive, Kyle had a meeting with the trail grooming organization which he puts a few hours in grooming ,he picked up his supper and brought it to eat here so we could chat. On the weekend he did training for fireman,one weekend a month, of course had to tell me all about it, worries me he is doing this.

Just got back from chiropractor, having breakfast then off to see what I can do with all that stuff.

I have til 4:15pm to play

Betty, Marie and I take the scraps, cut them even smaller and use them for stuffing to make dog beds for the shelter. I am told that works better than the batting or polyester fill because it does not get as hot after the dogs lay on them for a while. I make the first bag, stuff and close it. Then make a removeable cover for that so it's easier for the shelter to keep them clean. Unfortunately, I have 2 BIG bags already cut and no time to get them all finished. I don't want to move them but don't have time to deal with them. I hope to find someone to finish these scraps/ dog pads for me.
I got a call from the contractor last night and he wants to put off the fire door until Saturday. I am not happy as I have people coming to load up the Uhaul etc on Saturday. I have told my realtor about the delay. He is working with the other buyer's realtor. We should be able to close in time as long as the home owner re-inspection and the appraiser agree to accept the job as "finished" with the work scheduled and paid for, even if not completed in time to REINSPECT after it's done, PRIOR to closing.
Weather has been getting warmer so that is a plus. The snow has not melted off my roof. Until it's gone, the other contractor can't do the flashing repair and moss treatment. Late yesterday afternoon the fog was so thick I could not see street signs. I learned the hard way that there is construction going on near our new house and the entry to the highway was closed. I won't try THAT route again for a while!
One of the Hickory sheds is scheduled to be moved this Thursday. I am hoping the 2nd one goes the same day. They are using the same mover. The storage POD was moved to the new house Monday so there is no reason these sheds can't be moved. They have to be gone & all "mess" cleaned up by 1.31.
Marie sold on Ebay for several years. She has never had anything she packed break. She takes the time and does it right... That said, it cost $170 total to ship those 4 boxes of china.
Yes, I am reminding myself "Just breathe", I am avoiding using food for self-soothing. When I have a habit of using sugar as anxiety coping, it's a tough time! I had a "bad week or two" a while back but I am on track and still losing weight.
Stay safe & warm friends!

Victoria Harbour, ON

So much on your plate Pat, not sure how you are keeping sane, but you will get there. Kudos to you for your energy and patience.

That is a great idea Pat about using them for the dog beds, I’ve never made dog beds and it’s the where do you store all this while waiting to do dog beds. I’d go crazy having all this in my house

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

Good afternoon. We have a freezing rain warning in effect. It is expected to last 2 - 4 hours. Oh joy!! I think Susan sent it east....lol

Betty Grayson has really brought joy to your family.

It is still treacherous to walk anywhere. Dave just came in and plowed. I didn't realize it had snowed so much overnight. My Bronco has a 'slippery' setting but I have no need to go out the lane. When I went out the lane on Monday it just walked through all the snow and ice. I saw a couple of people went off the lane at some point.

Just went out and shovelled the snow off of the front stairs and brought in several blocks of wood. It's a damp cold that just eats at your bones and joints.

Pat I hope you are taking some time to breathe .

Susan I thought of you as soon as I heard freezing rain.

Wonder how Deb and her crew are making out in this terrible weather.

LK how big is the pup now ? Zeke went to play with Piper on the weekend and he was exhausted when he came home. Piper is light enough she didn't sink in the snow. Zeke sunk through every step he took.

Stay safe and warm. I need to get out the candles and lanterns so I am ready for the storm. If it is only going to be a few hours there is no point in getting the generator fired up.

Stay safe and well.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - hope the "re-inspection" goes off without a hitch, in spite of the fire door.
We've had fog here, apparently, but I slept in so didn't see it. I must have missed something in the posts - 4 boxes of china being shipped, to where, a buyer?

Betty - sad to hear that fabric will go to the garbage. Could you not donate the to a thrift shop? I'm sure some fabri-holic would love them!

This is an "at home" day.and I'll start on the 2nd of 5 lap quilts. I know, it's been a long time, but I MUST get these done.
Tomorrow I'm going to Olds - lady there makes dog beds for rescues, and I have a lot of new fleece that she can have. Got it when my grandson (on Bob's side) was born & made him a blanket, but got excited & bought a lot more than I needed lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just checked radar here Dianne, looks as though it will miss me but sorry to say it’s inyourneighborhoodand will be for quite awhile, glad there is no need for you to go out. How right you are, this cold goes right through to the bones,I so should have a wood stove like yours but too much work for me. Had to smile, with Zeke’s weight he would have no option but to sink.

Susan,mI enjoy these stay at home days and just puttering around. How many of the quilters done..wish you lived closer or that mailing wasn’t so expensive as I help you out getting them done. Brought wool iron8mg pad upstairs so I would be come comfy.

The blue wheel chair throw is what I want to make with all the tops i got yesterday.

I’ve spent a good part of the day sorting fabric, washed and dry and larger pieces now ironed, found a larger piece that need one or 2 borders and it can become a wrap as well.

Going to put my head down for an hour, young girl doesn’t come until 4:30, maybe I can nap for an hour.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are beautiful fabrics Betty. Easy projects too.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Pat, closing with the fire door in the garage is no biggy. They just get an estimate for the door and installation and hold twice the amount in escrow. When the door is complete and inspected by whomever, the money is released. Both Realtors should know this. Appraiser is being an idiot. Just make it a condition of the appraisal.

We have had rain for three days and that is very unusual for us. Thank goodness we did not get the rain San Diego got. Our mountains are getting a lot of snow and we need that badly because snow melt is water in the lakes in the spring.

I requested my gardener trim my roses Friday so I can feed them next week. We are suppose to be in the highs of 67 degrees. Just about like your Spring guys.

I went to lunch with a new lady down the street. She and her husband lived in Southern California and had a very large home. Seven children, six still alive and the hiuse was too big. So when downsizing, they decided to move to Nevada. I met them from them stopping to chat while was in the front landscape gardening.

I am sorry, Miss Emma is insisting on dinner. I will return.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I just got an alert on my phone that we will be getting rain in 10 minutes. For anyone that does not live in the South West, you must understand our excitement. The trees get all of the dust washed off. Our roofs dump all the dust accumulated there onto our driveways. You can just about hear the trees sighing with relief.

Betty that is a lot of material. Good idea on the dog beds but you need to pass that idea and material on to someone with the animal shelters.

Susan, did you find where your draft is coming from. If you hold a candle in that area, it will lead you to where the cold air is leaking into your unit.

Pat, when will your son and grandson arrive. Are they visiting other areas beside yours. It will be wonderful when you and Marie get moved. But you still have Marie's home to sell and empty. So you are near the end of the tunnel but not there yet. Remember, we are behind you and pushing you and Marie to the end of the tunnel.

Dianne, sorry about your weather. We are so blessed with basically mild winters. If we had your kind if weather, there would be many broken pool filters and pipes broken from freezing temps. We had a freezing temperature winter in about 1990. Pools froze and you could actually walk across them. They froze because the pool equipment froze and could not keep the water flowing. Many insurance claims for busted pool equipment and the next year, all insurance stopped covering frozen pools or equipment. Not being used to freezing temperatures, we had plants covered and when the sun came up we uncovered them. Unfortunately temperatures were in the freezing zone and the plants got zapped. Learned a lesson from that one.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My cat was coming over to join Emma and I on the chair and I sent the above post because I was afraid she was going to erase it or send it into the clouds. I have no appointments the rest of this week and none next week.

I asked my Gardener to trim my roses Friday, which I usually do that I have too much to do because I have those plants that are in they I need to dig up. So then I can fertilize the roses, this is a time of year you prune and fertilize roses in the desert, and I am going to plant a few new rosebushes in the back because I have one that's about 20 years old that needs to go, I am also going to plant some snap peas, some turnips and some lettuce. The weatherman just said we might hit 70 this next week. I just need to get warm enough to germinate the seeds and then it could cool down because those are winter vegetables in the desert.

Betty, I'm hoping you get to go to the US to have lunch or dinner with Debbie who takes care of your cat while you were gone. I could actually leave my cats here by themselves for three or four days but I couldn't leave miss Emm

Linda, sounds like you sound feeling better. That's a good thing that new room sounds like it'll be perfect for you. I have been decluttering and now I have my sister-in-law and brother that live in Pioche decluttering. We all in our 80s and trying to make it easier on our families if and when we pass that they don't have to throw all this junk away. some of my items are very fine things and they can sell them. They probably won't want them because they're very Victorian.

Marie had 32 dinner plates, plus luncheon, dessert, bowls etc. I can' NOT wrap my head around 32 place settings! Her daughter wanted 10 of them, the rest went to other relatives but will be picked up, not shipped.

I got word the 2nd shed is also scheduled to be moved tomorrow. Thank goodness.

I have a big bin that I store the cut fabric in until I get enough to make a dog bed. Normally it isn't a problem but right now.... ya, no!

Those parts of the country that don't get freezing weather normally, it can be so devastating. We get some freezing weather every year, some years longer & worse than others.

Clayton will be staying in this area & relatives that live further away will come here to see him. Unfortunately one of his brothers will be in Mexico the whole time he is here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.