Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

So the site is working again?

Nice pics Betty. Sounds like you are feeling a little better if you got some food down.

Night before Marie's labadoodle, Jenny, tangled with something in the middle of the night and Jenny is still not right physically. We can't find any broken skin, but she is holding her head funny and limping more pronounced. Marie yelled out the door & broke the fight up, Jenny came in covered in mud and has been extra needy ever since.

We are supposed to have help this morning I & I hope we can get the truck back before 3 to avoid a 2nd late day charge.

I NEED a day to sleep, read and cuddle my cat. That is NOT going to happen for at least a week. Even then it's questionable.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on the soon to be great granddaughter.
Glad to hear you are starting to eat.
Pat, I know you will be happy when both house sell and everything gets moved.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well I will give this a try. We have had rain, over 2 inches in one week, and we only get 4 inches in a year. Today it is cloudy and tomorrow we are suppose to have high winds. I have worked in my garden about 3 hours a day getting everything trimmed and fertilized, ready for spring. Our spring shows up mid March. Roses and trees are budding out. Strawberries are putting on new leaves and a few blooms. My tomato garden is twice dug and new soil added. I tried to do that but failed. I was huffing and puffing like I was 81. Oh that is right, I am 81. Garden team had one of the crew dig it. I discovered a strange hole in the landscape and turned on the irrigation system. Sure enough, water slowly rose to the top of the hole. I will dig it up tomorrow and see if I can fix it ir if I need my landscape crew. They come in Fridays.

Marie, every time you post I get tired just thinking about everything you have moved. So pleased you got a nice visit with your son and grandson. Any news on the title company problem with the buyer of your home. Realtor should have know better and the first title company should have also. How is your kitty doing with the move?

Linda, your weather is colder than mine. How is the build out on your bedroom coming.

Susan, it is amazing when you get rid of some items, how much more comfortable you are in your space. How are you doing with not so many plates spinning all the time.

Betty, Great granddaughter's are so much fun. How is your mom doing? That breakfast your neighbor brought over would feed a lumberjack. Very pleased you are able to eat and keep it down. Have you checked in with Karen to see how they are doing? It is getting time to walk Emma for her second walk and then head to my daughter's for dinner.

Verona, ON

Just a quick check in. The meds are working for Zeke. It is a relief not to see the seizures.

I have a new laptop. It doesn't like me as much as I don't like it. I'll figure it out or I will go to the local computer guru and have him give me a tutorial. He's a really nice man and doesn't make you feel foolish when you ask a stupid question.

Time for me to wrestle Zeke and get his med into him.

I'll be back to read and catch up.

Good to hear that the meds are working for Zeke. I hate changing ANY technology as I don't do well with change! My cat Stanley will loving the run of the house but now that Jenny (Marie's dog) is here, he is again confined to the bedroom. We will restart the whole cat/dog relationship issue in a week or so.

Sharon, the papers are being over-nighted and I will have the money wired by Tuesday. Linda, what is the report on your house? I hope you are getting lots of interest and can look forward to a sale soon.

Betty, What does Grayson say about a baby sister coming or does he understand that yet?

We had help, got the uhaul emptied and the truck returned. One of the contractors is coming by tonight. He wanted any wood and garden tools that were not keeping.

I will ask Tim for bid on the laundry room. The cabinets are VERY shallow, and I want them all taken down, MUCH deeper ones put in place and then recycle the cabinets faces so they continue to match the rest of the house. Also, since we have front loading washer & Dryer, I want a cabinet counter installed barely above them. I have had that in 2 of my last 3 houses.

We are still waiting on the city inspection for the garage heat pump before we can move on to the next phase.

I just got a text from my realtor 10 minutes ago. Someone looked at the house yesterday, and they are trying to figure out finances. Praying it goes through

Adding my prayers to yours Linda! Good, rapid offer with SMOOTH financing!

Tim bought our spare W&D and looked at the laundry room, will figure out a bid.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

The desk disassembles and I'll let them take it apart & put it back together when they get it home. They already paid for the desk, and likely take it on Saturday.

Betty - I just go to my pharmacist to do renewals & see a Nurse Practitioner for everything else My Dr is leaving the country, so a lot of people are now looking for a Dr. I suspect he's going to his home country. A lot of people aren't happy with him here anyway. How sweet of Tom to bring you dinner. Glad you at something at least.
Off to coffeetime. I made brownies this morning for it.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My housekeeper was here today and she always does such a great job. I watered the new sod the landscape crew put in Friday and water in the chicken manure. My old neighbor that lived across the street for over 20 years stopped by for a visit. Caught up with all the going's on with their 3 children, all young adults. Emma and I are back from our afternoon walk. The high winds have not showed up, and I am not complaining.

Pat, that sound like wonderful new on the closing of your home. And getting rid of the washer and dryer is also great. You are getting there.

Susan, glad they are taking it apart and hauling it away. Good thinking.

Betty, how are you feeling today. Have you got any of your t=seeds planted. I saw a clever trick on the internet. Put your seeds in a zip lock with a barely damp paper towel. Close the zip lock bag and wait a few days. Your seeds will sprout and then you plant them. Also plant your seed low in the pot and barely cover. when it grows, cover the stem with more soil. As the plant grows, you fill in until the plant and soil are at the top of the pot. This will enable the plant to grow more roots off the stem which will give you a stronger plant. And start with your lights low and move them up as the plant grows. Keeps them from getting leggy. And you already know about the fan.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Linda, I forgot about maybe pending house offer on your home. I am hoping you get good news. BUT, they should have arranged per-qualification financing before they even went out to look at houses.

Diane, I am so pleased Zeke is feeling better. And I understand a new laptop. I had to have my Son-InLaw come over and help me get the large TV in the great room working for the Super Bowl. I told Vern's son he could watch it on the big TV and neither one of us knew how to get it off of Apple TV onto regular TV. Turned out we were not doing anything wrong, just had a cord loose. Kids got me Apple TV a few years ago and I only watch it when they are in town.

Hugs to you all.

Sharon, you have been busy as always outside! We had a hailstorm briefly this afternoon.

Susan, I am sure you are grateful to free up more room in your home.

I got the money deposited today. for the sale of the house. Now to start writing checks, including the 33K Marie loaned me for the sewer hookup. With the inspections done, our retired contractor "Bob" announced he is starting tomorrow at 8 AM on the longarm remodeling! We had to do a fast shuffle to get everything out of the area where the remodeling will start, I am praying we have cleared a big enough margin on the "new wall" side. IF not, I don't see many options but to rent storage. I just don't think I can squeeze more stuff in closer to the interior door of the garage.

Marie meets with the realtor tomorrow to do the final evaluation & discuss current pricing. The cleaning will be complete tomorrow afternoon, pictures on Wednesday & finally listing this week. Continued prayers for the sale of your home Linda.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, thunder so bad about 75 miles from here that area people were thinking movement might have been a small earthquake.predicting rain will start here this afternoon, i have to leave here at 1:30 for chiropractor, hope it’s after that. High of 47f.

That is terrific Pat, less worry for you, now here is hoping Marie’s home is sold in record time then easy times for you both. When mom first came with Bella, Ziggy and Bella were at each others throats, they aren’t friends now by any means but they find their place being in same room so am sure once settled it will be same with Stanley. Drats on the hail, it can do mega damage.have you heard from your son, return trip go well.

Dianne, think next 2 days will be rain days for you then a few days in the50’s, Zeke and chaos will enjoy their walk and you shouldn’t be slipping and sliding. Won’t be long in this weather that ice will free from shoreline.

Sharon, I’m not fond electronics that is smarter than i..i do have smart tvs but do not use their features.

Lindakay, here is hoping you soon hear of a sale, am sure those looking are pretty sure funds are at their disposal should they find their dream home. I hear Texas is breaking all kinds of records for February weather.

Deb, how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Susan, your home must be starting to look spacious with what you were able to sell. When are the elections for the organizations you are stepping down from?

I was up at 5:30am, should have gotten up at 2am as all i had were disturbing dreams, spent next hour getting all soup/spaghetti/stews out into food bin for pick up at 9:00, did not want to take a chance, hated throwing all that good food away, oh well

I had shredded wheat for breakfast, starting light solids, here is hoping.

I have bags of wool, here is hoping i can find white or pink baby wool so I can crochet or knit a baby outfit

Am sure you’ve all got exciting plans for today.

Hoping all is going well for Karen

Verona, ON

Good morning everyone. It is a lovely day here but tomorrow the forecast said rain all day.

There is still ice on the lake and people are still ice fishing. You won't catch me out on the ice. Going threw the ice once was enough for me.

I do plan on splitting some of the wood I got on Sunday at some point today. I did some around 7 am because like Betty I am up at the crack of dawn.

How is Greg's leg ? Did he have out of province health insurance? I remember you Betty getting health insurance when you went stateside even for a weekend.

Going to check the one garden and see if anything is popping threw.

Pat you'll be glad when this move is finally complete.

Linda was happy to read the deposit was in the bank. You'll be happy to have that off of your plate.

BBL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just need rice/cabbage/carrots and I’ll have enough soup for a few days and enough to replace freezer container soup i threw away this morning.

How is it Dianne that you had to get more wood with it being such a mild winter? Think I just answered that question, have to burn more to get rid of dampness. My last months bill was $360, highest ever…grrr

He did not Dianne because he was snowmobiling in Quebec, he is sore and doing ok, he is 55 so not a young man and like us takes longer to heal. Yes, i do get insurance when i go stateside, not so much if i fell ill but if i was ever in an accident.

As for ice huts, Marie was walking the trail along the Bay and said there were huts far off shoreline and some areas had water around the huts. Township went down there and said they would be fined if not off the bay by 4:30pm. A shame these people don’t take unsafe ice to heart, likely an individual or fire department would be the one to lose their life trying to save the idiot.

Can hear thunder not far off

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Good Morning to all, I used to be quite active on DG's and really enjoyed the company of like minded folks, seems like life keeps pulling me away from keeping in touch...I'm determined to get active again.....can someone tell me whatever happened to the Hoya forum that was once on here or where to find it again ? Thank you for any suggestions and please have a wonderful Spring Day, Deb aka Depsi

Thumbnail by Depsi Thumbnail by Depsi

Deb, DG upgraded the site awhile back. A lot of the forums disappeared. I hope you can find it.

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Taters55, I remember chatting with you...hope you will include me on this page so I can chat again....this pic is me and my GrandDragon, Spike....

Thumbnail by Depsi
Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon all, you likely are right in the middle of your day and here I am thinking of crawling into bed 😜

Deb I do remember you and hope you will stay and chat even if you do find your forum. Ohhh Spike does look gentle, do you have to keep him in a cage of sorts or can he enjoy total freedom?

Moved us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1564420/

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1564420/

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

llllllll

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I somehow lost my watch to Coffee ad HYYD Can anyone give me the link? Couldn't find it.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1564852/

Try this

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.