weather in the garden # 139

Thomaston, CT

Sunny today, breezy, high of 85.....in other words, a lovely summer's day!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

DH was pulling weeds late yesterday and the dirt around the roots was still dry!

Thomaston, CT

I think we've had more rain....gardens are still wet......more rain today, some storms severe....stay safe everyone!

South Hamilton, MA

no signs of rain, but overcast & some wind. 71° Severe thunderstorm watch, but it has not posted for our county in eastern MA as yet.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

had a break from the rain today. storms rolled through last night

Thomaston, CT

Escaped damage here, just a few heavy downpours......lots of damage just to the south of me.....Today, sunny, breezy, 80....heaven!

South Hamilton, MA

71° sunny only 1/4" of rain yesterday

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Had to go downtown today, which was a harrowing experience. However it was lovely weather, although not in my garden.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 80 today before clouds move in with showers later.....grandkids spending the afternoon with me....

South Hamilton, MA

68° sunny at the moment. Rain predicted.

Thomaston, CT

The rain didn't materialize here.....sunny now, going to 80 but again showers are predicted for tonight.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Ground is damp this am so there must have been light rain. Lots of exuberant green everythere. Note to self: purchase more domestic verbascum plants so it's not only green around here.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

rained last night. calling for rain all weekend

Thomaston, CT

Rained for about 20 min yesterday...quite enough....rain for tonight & tomorrow.....veggie garden needs sun right now....very cool for June!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Under about an inch of soil, the ground is dry here, even though it is hazy and a bit damp air. under 70 but feels much hotter.

South Hamilton, MA

Our rain is coming tomorrow. DH got mowing done between the stone wall & the street. Low 70s.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

just in from the yard - spent 11 hours out there today and still have beds to mulch

weather was good for being outside - looks like I will be getting very wet tomorrow:)

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Same here. I lifted peonies and dug deeper into the center of the peony garden where there are some poor growers. It is definitely hard labor digging rocks. Now some peonies can move to where they are intended and create space elsewhere.

Hey, sedums are on sale at Santarosa gardens!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Lovely weather for moving plants around today--misty and wet. Not frank rain that would make it hard to work in.

No mosquitos yet this year. Is it too early? I can't remember.

South Hamilton, MA

Plenty of mosquitos here. 59° slow rain. it was heavy last night & we have 2 inches +.

Thomaston, CT

Rained all day today.....nasty drizzling rain...temp of 58 UGH! Bill, sounds like you got your exercise......the yard must look great ....

South Hamilton, MA

Rain finally stopped here, over 2".

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Birds are back out chirping, sun trying to appear. After all the steady rain yesterday, I expect to have a lot of mosquitos, too.

Thomaston, CT

The rain has stopped here, but no sun....very overcast, & showers predicted in a few locations today.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

getting there marilyn - was able to get outside for the afternoon. trimmed up all the peony, stored all the supports and took out a celestial white dogwood which had quite the root system. tree just never flowered much and was getting to large for it place. replaced with a jm:)

South Hamilton, MA

61° cloudy We had almost 2 & 3/4" of rain.

Thomaston, CT

No rain yesterday, & dry today....wow! However, rain forecast for tomorrow.....don't really need any for another week or 2! Bill, can't believe you planted another JM......my 3 are doing very well, growing a lot!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

still have a couple from the spring madness to plant. if everyone is sitting down............i plan to tear one out and replace with a red variety to add color to a bed. Not sure I can save the one being taken out although I will make an effort.

South Hamilton, MA

wow ! We replace irises, not trees. 71° however it's humid so seems warmer.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It is glorious weather in the western suburbs today. Not too humid, clear and temperate. Heat is probab peaking at 76. More rain to come. If I could do what bill does, I would. Just replacing a peony with a nikishi willow and moving some more peonies around is a big deal for me.

South Hamilton, MA

I have a lovely red 'bomb' peony to order. Finally discovered a plqce for it to go. Need to hit DH for compost.

Thomaston, CT

What's its name, Lucy? I have Kansas which is really bright.......Bill, hard to believe you are moving a JM.....hope it lives....T-storms at 6:30 this morning along with a heavy downpour....woke me up, but the poodle slept on!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

rain here too and more to come - wonder where we are on the drought scale now after the past few weeks. with all the work being done in my beds the ground does seem normal and not dust any longer.

South Hamilton, MA

temp 61° rain so far this morning accompanied by thunder. It seems to be moving NE. but just under 1/4" in spite of all the noise.

Peony is 'Jean Erickson'. their catalog photo doesn't do it justice. Adelman Peony Gardens www.peonyparadise.com

Thomaston, CT

I looked it up, Lucy...very pretty! That's quite a peony farm.....wish I had room for more of them.....sunny & 80 today, should have this weather right through next week......June ended almost 3" above normal for rain, and .6 cooler than normal.....

South Hamilton, MA

I had to look to find a spot, but I think we can squeeze one out. 69° & going to the high 70s today.

Thomaston, CT

Yesterday turned out to be very cloudy due to storm passing over Long Island....today will be a much nicer day.....really saving on the electric bill so far this summer....have not needed the the a/c more than once.....haven't even needed the fans at night!

South Hamilton, MA

71° sun slight breeze. 80°+ the next few days. We have a rather cool house, but once it gets hot need the window a/c in a room behind the garage. Cools down at night since we are near the ocean.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice weekend. Mid seventies and not too overly humid. This am I made progress digging rocks out of the center of the white peony garden at my house. Festiva Maxima and Moonstone are going to have a nice new home so trees can go where they are now.

South Hamilton, MA

74° DH has been fighting with the bittersweet on our back fence. It is the Asiatic type not American bittersweet so it is a menace.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.